• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

I was wondering where this thread went, but good to see that it's still around.

Disappointing half price pull today, as expected.

Oh well.

/shrug

This is me. I don't think I've gotten squat from the 1/2 priced pull and I've been doing every day for a couple weeks now. I think I'm just doomed.

Oh well, more time to spend working on CoD, Terra, and Leo. Just wish I could pull some good physical damage dealers. Tried a couple of people's Lightning and I wasn't all that impressed. I guess we'll see what she's like at 6*.

Anyone know who is getting the 6* treatment initially?

Jeffrey

That brave frontier memories XD

the rate of yellow crystals is 1,5%
rate of rainbow crystals are 0,5%

In this rate up i assume lightning was higher because there were no base 4star units in the batch.

But in the FFXIII banner (lightning - Snow - Vanille - Sazh - hope) Snow and Vanille are base 4star, so i expect lightning drop rate be like 0,5% - 0,3%

Edit: right now in JP:

FFX banner:

Tidus: 0,5%
Riku : 4,75%
Wakka: 20%

ew... seems like me getting lightning ever is low. That sucks. I was willing to spend money on brave frontier (probably a bit over a grand usd since launch) because rates were respectable for rate up stuff. About 7% regardless of base rarity.

L5V87U4.png

The cycle begins anew.

Zafir

ew... seems like me getting lightning ever is low. That sucks. I was willing to spend money on brave frontier (probably a bit over a grand usd since launch) because rates were respectable for rate up stuff. About 7% regardless of base rarity.

I always wonder why they don't try giving them higher rates.

I mean yeah, you get the whales spending loads. But I mean what if you made it a bit more reasonable, and suddenly you'd get a much larger percentage spending money.

I can't imagine that many people being enticed by a 0.5% drop rate....

EDarkness

If it's like the Japanese version, only Lightning will be able to at first.
Then Cecil for the FF4 event, CoD for the FF3 event, etc...

Damn, I was getting excited, but now I don't even care. Man, what a bummer. I guess I'll just have to start stockpiling mats for when other characters can be built up.

Kouriozan

Damn, I was getting excited, but now I don't even care. Man, what a bummer. I guess I'll just have to start stockpiling mats for when other characters can be built up.

Well, Gumi might still do things differently here, remember in the August update, Cecil/Kain/Rydia had their 6*/5*/5* respectively unlocked for a few mins after a maintenance (still required new mats anyway so nobody could do it).
Then they realized their mistake and we got an emergency maintenance.

Valentus

so, according to this:

https://exviuswiki.com/Update_Schedule

We missed the romancing saga event and the brave frontier batch (the brave frontier will come eventually, but the romancing saga one... i dont think so)

And if we follow JP schedule, next is the Tactics banner (Ramza Delita Agrias Gafgarion Alma Mustadio) and after that, the FFXIII banner (Lightning Snow Vanille Fang Sazh Hope)

Seeing the great success of lightning batch (Exvius is top 20 grossing app now) i think gimu will throw the FFXIII banner first, to keep momentum and give lightning to the users for one more week.

....Or we will just get a crappy custom banner, i dont know.

Kouriozan

Seeing the great success of lightning batch (Exvius is top 20 grossing app now) i think gimu will throw the FFXIII banner first, to keep momentum and give lightning to the users for one more week.

It reached 12th (and still is) in the top grossing app of the French app store, Lightning thirst is real.

Jeffrey

I always wonder why they don't try giving them higher rates.

I mean yeah, you get the whales spending loads. But I mean what if you made it a bit more reasonable, and suddenly you'd get a much larger percentage spending money.

I can't imagine that many people being enticed by a 0.5% drop rate....

i remember the ffbe global producer was wondering why nonwhales aren't spending much for ffbe atm in global.

Good rate ups = hype = average joes open up their wallets.

I feel like global players typically are more financially responsible than Japan in a sense, who knows!

EDarkness

i remember the ffbe global producer was wondering why nonwhales aren't spending much for ffbe atm in global.

Good rate ups = hype = average joes open up their wallets.

I feel like global players typically are more financially responsible than Japan in a sense, who knows!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not spending money on crappy drop rates. It's just a waste of money. I figured the pull for Lightning would be low so I'm not putting any money on it. If I get lucky on the daily 1/2 priced pull, then great, but I'm not gonna do more than that. People should be more responsible with their money. Heh, heh.

Kitoro

Are we going to see the Brave Frontier and Secret of Mana characters anytime soon? They're rather highly rated on the JP tier list, and I was what we can expect with life after Lightning.

so, according to this:

https://exviuswiki.com/Update_Schedule

We missed the romancing saga event and the brave frontier batch (the brave frontier will come eventually, but the romancing saga one... i dont think so)

And if we follow JP schedule, next is the Tactics banner (Ramza Delita Agrias Gafgarion Alma Mustadio) and after that, the FFXIII banner (Lightning Snow Vanille Fang Sazh Hope)

....Or we will just get a crappy custom banner, i dont know.

So you're saying FFII Banner will be...

Tomorrow?

/sob

Valentus

The problem with Dragon Quest batch is that is a collab event with Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light, and that game isnt even arrived to the west

(by the way, i play the asia version, that is in english, and the game is really really awesome)

Hey everyone!

I'm a bit confused on the best way to progress in this atm. I was rerolling for Lightning, and on a whim I did a pull on my main account, and snagged her. So I'm rocking atm:

Lightning 5*
Bartz 5*
Xiao 5*
Kefka 3*
Golbez 3*

I'm not super happy with Xiao, and I'm super low on awakening mats/gil. I low key played since release, but when I say low key I mean I'm rank 18. So real low key.

I feel like I should have better gear for my units. Right now Bartz is almost max level, which is super nice.

I'm not sure how the best way to progress would be right now in order to best prepare for upcoming events.

Razmos

Well the only other mag+ accessory is the Hero Ring, which is only 10% and are a pain to craft. The earrings are a straight 20% and you can just buy them.

I doubt there is anything coming up in the star quartz shop that is so worth saving for and the 20% is a huge boost in the mean time.

Valentus

Does double hand also affect equipment?

Thats the shine of doublehanded. In fact if you equip a unit with doublehanded, you should equip hyper wrists instead of hero rings, because DH dont have effect on percentual equipment.

Hey everyone!

I'm a bit confused on the best way to progress in this atm. I was rerolling for Lightning, and on a whim I did a pull on my main account, and snagged her. So I'm rocking atm:

Lightning 5*
Bartz 5*
Xiao 5*
Kefka 3*
Golbez 3*

I'm not super happy with Xiao, and I'm super low on awakening mats/gil. I low key played since release, but when I say low key I mean I'm rank 18. So real low key.

I feel like I should have better gear for my units. Right now Bartz is almost max level, which is super nice.

I'm not sure how the best way to progress would be right now in order to best prepare for upcoming events.

Welcome back to the game. You should post your other units to help you, but right now, you should be fine. My recomendation is that you level up your lightning and your lightning, your kefka and your bartz. Plus you should level up Fina and Lid when you get them in the story. With those 5 units, the only unit you will lack is a Full Break unit. But dont be mad about that, you eventually will get one.

That, and complete story quest to farm lapis and be prepared to 2 key banners (FFIII and Tactics-Part II (the orlandu banner, not the ramza one) in the future.

I was wondering the same thing. I want to give them to Terra, but not sure if I want to drop 50 Star Quartz on them.

Well the only other mag+ accessory is the Hero Ring, which is only 10% and are a pain to craft. The earrings are a straight 20% and you can just buy them.

I doubt there is anything coming up in the star quartz shop that is so worth saving for and the 20% is a huge boost in the mean time.

The earrings are one of the best ACC to mages. Definitely get 2 of them.

In the next town, the fat chocobo will have force shield (50 SQ), Equip Rod materia (200 SQ) and a Trust Moogle (300 SQ)

Heard Kongbakpao got Lightning today, totalling 90 pulls, at last!
Gonna watch it now. Link for the curious.

Isnt he gets donations for pulling? So whats the merit?

chrono01

I wonder how many of the people who donate for streamers to do gacha pulls would donate to charity lol
It's still a charity, in a sense. Haha.

wonder if daily 1/2 is worth doing in the long run once we are out of all these events.

50 daily lapis - 250 daily pull.
I wouldn't worry. I'm guessing they'll always find a reason to hand out 100 Lapis per day. Most gatcha games are like this.

1 Million downloads!
1 Million Facebook likes!
Top 50 Grossing on the App Store!
1/2 Year Anniversary!
Full Year Anniversary!

It never ends! (Hopefully.)

Kouriozan

It's still a charity, in a sense. Haha.

I wouldn't worry. I'm guessing they'll always find a reason to hand out 100 Lapis per day. Most gatcha games are like this.

1 Million downloads!
1 Million Facebook likes!
Top 50 Grossing on the App Store!
1/2 Year Anniversary!
Full Year Anniversary!

It never ends! (Hopefully.)
Exclusive Global Halloween event, 200 lapis per day!

chrono01

Exclusive Global Halloween event, 200 lapis per day!
Sounds like a worthy event to me!

That would be so awesome.... I really hope Gumi put some effort into Halloween event.
Man, I forgot about the Global-exclusive Halloween characters. Knowing Gumi, they're going to make them extremely powerful. I recall the exclusive ones in Brave Frontier being pretty strong, game-breaking in some ways. What if we get Lightning, dressed up as Cloud?

All of my money!

chrono01

Man, I love Fencer's animation/sprite so much. It's saddening that we'll likely never get a 6* evolution for her, and all of the other (6*) characters will make her obsolete so she'll just rot in my box. :(

NomarTyme

Man, I love Fencer's animation/sprite so much. It's saddening that we'll likely never get a 6* evolution for her, and all of the other (6*) characters will make her obsolete so she'll just rot in my box. :(

Never say never. I think she will get a 6 star upgrade! source? my ass.
I demand that the Halloween event be series characters dressed up as moogles and chocobos!
I say mid tier halloween equipement like Headless horseman Scythe(may have a chance to cause death) or something.

Kouriozan

Ramza enhanced's skills are crazy, check this out :
Song of the Hero+2 : +100% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR while Singing (3 Turns) & AoE ~1150 HP Heal w/ 8x Mod while Singing split over 3 Turns & AoE ~20 MP Heal w/ 0.5x Mod while Singing split over 3 Turns

Valentus

Sounds like a worthy event to me!

Man, I forgot about the Global-exclusive Halloween characters. Knowing Gumi, they're going to make them extremely powerful. I recall the exclusive ones in Brave Frontier being pretty strong, game-breaking in some ways. What if we get Lightning, dressed up as Cloud?

All of my money!

You mean Ciara and Semira? They were crap.

If you mean the ones you can summon for a time (2 weeks) and then they never came back to summon... Yeah, that ones were broken as fuck.

Ramza enhanced's skills are crazy, check this out :
Song of the Hero : +100% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR while Singing (3 Turns) & AoE ~1150 HP Heal w/ 8x Mod while Singing split over 3 Turns & AoE ~20 MP Heal w/ 0.5x Mod while Singing split over 3 Turns

Yeah, but those are songs. As long as ramza sings, he wont do any other action... so for 3 turns you will have a singing statue.

chrono01

You mean Ciara and Semira? They were crap.

If you mean the ones you can summon for a time (2 weeks) and then they never came back to summon... Yeah, that ones were broken as fuck.
Not the Halloween ones, the releases after them (the tank ones?). Yeah, probably the two-week ones, I can't remember their names since I wasn't playing much at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom