• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
LZG3ay6.gif

giphy.gif

EDarkness

The earrings are one of the best ACC to mages. Definitely get 2 of them.

In the next town, the fat chocobo will have force shield (50 SQ), Equip Rod materia (200 SQ) and a Trust Moogle (300 SQ)

Wait...how can we get more star quartz? Is there a way to buy more or something? Looking at the wiki there's a limited supply out there.

c-murph

What if we get Lightning, dressed up as Cloud?

All of my money!

I hope we get Cloud dressed up like a woman!

Man, I love Fencer's animation/sprite so much. It's saddening that we'll likely never get a 6* evolution for her, and all of the other (6*) characters will make her obsolete so she'll just rot in my box. :(

No way dood. You gotta believe! Fencer is top Waifu! Gumi won't let me down!

Whizkid7

The earrings are one of the best ACC to mages. Definitely get 2 of them.

In the next town, the fat chocobo will have force shield (50 SQ), Equip Rod materia (200 SQ) and a Trust Moogle (300 SQ)

I feel like this is something I should know about and dont, but fat chocobo? Where/how/wuh?

Lyrian

This is me. I don't think I've gotten squat from the 1/2 priced pull and I've been doing every day for a couple weeks now. I think I'm just doomed.

Given how the gacha system currently works on Global, the long-term average is that 7 out of every 10 pulls will be 4* max garbage.

So, don't fret. Shrug it off when you pull something bad because that is the expected outcome from every draw. Be happy when you unexpectedly buck the odds momentarily.

The game has given you more than 20000 lapis and like 30 summoning tickets in its first 4 months. Not counting level up and map clears.

The problem is not the currency. The problem is bad RNG and not know how to spend lapis wisely.

This. So much this.

Compared to your average gacha game, FFBE is **extremely** generous with giving out free currency. Yes, most of the time, the pulls will be garbage. Most other gachas barely give F2P players the opportunity to even try to draw on their premium gacha for free.

The simple fact that with some prudent budgeting, F2P players can practically take a half-price pull on FFBE's premium gacha daily is a mindblowing difference in effective team building.

Lyrian

Wait...how can we get more star quartz? Is there a way to buy more or something? Looking at the wiki there's a limited supply out there.

Right now, Star Quartz is limited in supply (generally speaking).

As the game progresses, Star Quartz becomes increasingly more common. A set of them is usually purchasable from each Mog King event. Also, when the Enchanted Maze launches next weekend, Star Quartz should be somewhat farmable from there as well (depending on how the dungeon is balanced for Global).

Lyrian

I feel like this is something I should know about and dont, but fat chocobo? Where/how/wuh?

There are currently two secret locations in Global where the Fat Chocobo can appear, who trades gear and consumables for Star Quartz.

-- Lost Village of Marlo in Lanzelt
-- Kolts Town in Dirnado

Generally speaking, the quality of the gear offered for trade in Kolts is far better than the gear offered in Marlo. As new islands are released, the quality of the gear/abilities offered by the Fat Chocobo will continue to increase.

Edit: Follow the link Valentus posted.

Valentus

What do you want out of the FFIII Banner? Luneth?

the whole FFIII banner is worth of all your lapis.

Luneth for months was the top DPS in the game
Refia is the best healer of the game
Arc has dual black magic innate, and his TM is the 91MAG rod.
Ingus... well, he is not so good but his TM is +50% MAG when equipped with sword.

Whizkid7

the fat chocobo is a bastard like the king mog that gives you cool items in exchange for star quartz.

Until now there are 2 towns where you can find the fat chocobo (each fat chocobo has different items)

You can find more info here

There are currently two secret locations in Global where the Fat Chocobo can appear, who trades gear and consumables for Star Quartz.

-- Lost Village of Marlo in Lanzelt
-- Kolts Town in Dirnado

Generally speaking, the quality of the gear offered for trade in Kolts is far better than the gear offered in Marlo. As new islands are released, the quality of the gear/abilities offered by the Fat Chocobo will continue to increase.

Edit: Follow the link Valentus posted.

Helpful! Thanks.

Malakhov

Banned
Couldnt play this weekend, was a busy one but reading back the last pages made me realise how many of you got lightning!

Grats to all of you who got her.

Lyrian

The numbers are in on Diabolos and.....

He sucks in terms of damage output. That's disappointing. Min/maxing his damage output, he caps out at 62.5% (5/8ths exactly... curiously odd) of the current most damaging esper (disregarding elemental strengths/weaknesses), Shiva.

Notes:

-- All esper attacks on Global currently are magic attacks, even for Ifrit. As Ifrit is a physical based esper, his magic stats are awful, meaning his damage output is also awful.

-- Esper damage seems to be some variation of the Hybrid Attack damage formula, using the esper's MAG and SPR stats.

-- EVO MAG + raises an esper's raw MAG and SPR stats by the appropriate percentages before being squared in a damage calculation. As such, Rydia/Garnet/Golbez will do **considerably** more damage with an esper than anyone else.

-- Like unit attacks, the resulting stat calculation appears to be squared at some point (and likely for each of the two stats), meaning that the combination of large numbers and squaring is highly significant here.

-- But, as the calculation is a hybrid combination of the two stats, a low MAG or SPR stat considerably hurts damage output. Hence why Shiva slightly outedges Ramuh despite a slightly lower MAG score, why Diabolos meh SPR stat kills his damage output, and why Siren and Ifrit outright suck.

Overall general esper damage output scale on Global:

Shiva > Ramuh>>>>>>>>Diabolos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Siren>>>>>>>>>Ifrit

EDarkness

You mean Siren.

And yeah, I was aghast at how bad Ifrit is at actually killing stuff, heh.

I won't even lie, I don't use espers for killing things most of the time. The damage output is usually pretty bad, even at 2*. They're just stat sticks now. Probably should find out more about how they work, but I don't even really bother with using them to kill things.

Zafir

Yeah I'm in agreement.

They were useful when I didn't have good characters early on. Now, I have better things to do each turn.

I mean I guess Golem could be okay on a boss that does mostly physical attacks.

Lyrian

You mean Siren.

And yeah, I was aghast at how bad Ifrit is at actually killing stuff, heh.

Thanks for the catch, Falk! Fixed the typo in the previous post.

I won't even lie, I don't use espers for killing things most of the time. The damage output is usually pretty bad, even at 2*. They're just stat sticks now. Probably should find out more about how they work, but I don't even really bother with using them to kill things.

Highlighted for emphasis.

Damage output is indeed mediocre to outright bad, unless you are using a summoner. Kind of the point of that class, you would think?

zMyEYKp.png

That's not exactly bad damage for a 4* unit. Given my current hypotheses, her expected damage in that encounter should jump to somewhere around 1.4 million when she gets her 5* upgrade.

Against something more realistic? My Rydia hits for 30-40k on Dirnado mobs. Against Dirnado and Trial bosses, around 20k. That's before stacking elemental chains. Timing Shiva to land on the end of a Blizzara/ga elemental chain against Brachiosaurus = good times.

Is summoning the best way to output damage? Heck no. To get summoners up to speed requires a very hefty investment. However, it is an interesting way to generate damage that is MP-free in an unconventional manner.

Malakhov

Banned
I've bought myself a tablet just for this game, I'm pathetic. Then I go into the playstore to get the game and it wasnt showing up since it's not compatible, yay!

Anyways, I found how to install it anyhow but in the process I accidentally installed the jp version, I find it much nicer, there's sidebars filling up your screen when you're in 4:3 instead of just stretching the screen :(

Malakhov

Banned
Is it worth it to use your NRG for this event leveling espers? The ones useful for the stats ie: Ifrit, Golem and Ramuh are about level 20 2*. I feel like wasting NRG doing this...

Lyrian

Is it worth it to use your NRG for this event leveling espers? The ones useful for the stats ie: Ifrit, Golem and Ramuh are about level 20 2*. I feel like wasting NRG doing this...

Outside of farming Phantom Forest, the Chamber of Crystals is as good as it gets for farming megacites on Global currently (in terms of megacites per energy spent).

tuffymon

Normally I would, but with all the new additions I've added recently I'm struggling to level, rank, and level them again... Having an A team that you can't use due to low levels /sigh #firstworldproblems

Btw facebook post says 100 lapis a day goes on until 11/1.

Malakhov

Banned
Normally I would, but with all the new additions I've added recently I'm struggling to level, rank, and level them again... Having an A team that you can't use due to low levels /sigh #firstworldproblems

Btw facebook post says 100 lapis a day goes on until 11/1.
Yeah with the new content, lots of stuff to go through right now. But a welcome change of pace from the grinding of the past few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom