• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

Yeah with the new content, lots of stuff to go through right now. But a welcome change of pace from the grinding of the past few weeks.

Its a wonderful change of pace, nor am I really complaining about my pulls... For me it feels like I won a brand new car, except I didn't have a license, and it just sits in my driveway staring at me...

Malakhov

Banned
Its a wonderful change of pace, nor am I really complaining about my pulls... For me it feels like I won a brand new car, except I didn't have a license, and it just sits in my driveway staring at me...
Yes I know, kind of in this situation on my second account as well. I need to level Charlotte since I didn't have a tank, CoD to replace one of kefka or exdeath and Lenna to replace Fina. I just keep doing vortex runs on this account for now.

Lyrian

But is the increase in stats worth it to go from lvl 20 to lvl 40?

Excellent question.

That's up to each person to decide for themselves on what the line is for being "worth it".

For your reference, relevant stat max values on each esper at 40:

Ifrit: ATK 53
Golem: DEF 48
Shiva: MAG/SPR 55
Ramuh: MAG 60
Diabolos: MAG 54

Malakhov

Banned
Excellent question.

That's up to each person to decide for themselves on what the line is for being "worth it".

For your reference, relevant stat max values on each esper at 40:

Ifrit: ATK 53
Golem: DEF 48
Shiva: MAG/SPR 55
Ramuh: MAG 60
Diabolos: MAG 54
And right now from lvl 20 to 24 2*

Ifrit: 46.7 ATK
Ramuh: 51.2 MAG
Golem: 42.7 DEF

So that is about +6 to +9 for 20 lvls. Kind of worth it but I think I will do other things for now. Thanks for the stats Lyrian. Always helpful as usual.

tuffymon

Yes I know, kind of in this situation on my second account as well. I need to level Charlotte since I didn't have a tank, CoD to replace one of kefka or exdeath and Lenna to replace Fina. I just keep doing vortex runs on this account for now.

My party changed twice in the last 2 weeks~ I snagged a couple of nice units right before/during the cavern ore event which I rushed to use everything I could to upgrade them... than Lightning and company blessed me...

For reference, Original...
Clyne, Terra, Cyan, Firion, Locke

Cave event
Terra, Chizuru, Golbez, Kefka, Firion

Now
Chizuru, Lightning, CoD, Lenna, Charlotte...

Malakhov

Banned
My party changed twice in the last 2 weeks~ I snagged a couple of nice units right before/during the cavern ore event which I rushed to use everything I could to upgrade them... than Lightning and company blessed me...

For reference, Original...
Clyne, Terra, Cyan, Firion, Locke

Cave event
Terra, Chizuru, Golbez, Kefka, Firion

Now
Chizuru, Lightning, CoD, Lenna, Charlotte...
What an improvement in two weeks. Just be patient it'll be worth it. Very nice pulls, congratulations.

Now if you get your hands on a full breaker like WoL or Vaan, you're set for the future!

tuffymon

What an improvement in two weeks. Just be patient it'll be worth it. Very nice pulls, congratulations.

Now if you get your hands on a full breaker like WoL or Vaan, you're set for the future!

Thanks, the original party managed to clear all current content (up till this latest update) EXCEPT Int S5 and the cavern ore, looking forward to smashing that dragon soon >.>;

Rixa

Highlighted for emphasis.

Damage output is indeed mediocre to outright bad, unless you are using a summoner. Kind of the point of that class, you would think?

That's not exactly bad damage for a 4* unit. Given my current hypotheses, her expected damage in that encounter should jump to somewhere around 1.4 million when she gets her 5* upgrade.

Against something more realistic? My Rydia hits for 30-40k on Dirnado mobs. Against Dirnado and Trial bosses, around 20k. That's before stacking elemental chains. Timing Shiva to land on the end of a Blizzara/ga elemental chain against Brachiosaurus = good times.

Is summoning the best way to output damage? Heck no. To get summoners up to speed requires a very hefty investment. However, it is an interesting way to generate damage that is MP-free in an unconventional manner.

Any ideas, if I awaken my Garnet to 5* and max it + slap 4x30% MAG, will those MAGs boost Esper damage? Looked Garnet stats I noticed that she is base 4* o_O, I was in the assumption that she is base 3*.

Malakhov

Banned
Thanks, the original party managed to clear all current content (up till this latest update) EXCEPT Int S5 and the cavern ore, looking forward to smashing that dragon soon >.>;
Best of luck! Beat him with my main pretty easily but I'm not there yet with my second. I need to replace Fina with Lenna and add CoD first.

Rixa

Btw facebook post says 100 lapis a day goes on until 11/1.

Here is the pic (big enough so everyone should notice it).

14390843_654805591347991_2038810272028185979_n.jpg

As others have said, I also think we will get Halloween event just before November, thus we will have few days for 2 events. Obviously no clue what Halloween event will be.

Extra 100 Lapis per day, helps me to do daily pulls almost everyday and if there is bad banner its easier to skip. I have 3950 Lapis now (and newest content unfinished, doing 3 quests per day). At this rate I wont have 0 Lapis ever :D (mission system should come before Iam Lapis dried from daily pulls).

chrono01

As others have said, I also think we will get Halloween event just before November, thus we will have few days for 2 events. Obviously no clue what Halloween event will be.

Extra 100 Lapis per day, helps me to do daily pulls almost everyday and if there is bad banner its easier to skip. I have 3950 Lapis now (and newest content unfinished, doing 3 quests per day). At this rate I wont have 0 Lapis ever :D (mission system should come before Iam Lapis dried from daily pulls).
I don't think they're advertising Lightning enough. >_<

Happy for the free Lapis, though!

Malakhov

Banned

Have to give all your lapis for her, that's why :(

I had very good luck a few weeks ago but I've been left out for the last few banners with my main account. No fencer, no CoD or Chizuru, no Lightning...Aw well...

At least I got CoD, Charlotte and Lenna on my second account...

Rixa

I dont mind. The more money they get, the better :). After May I havent used any money to BE. In May most of my money used went to slots :p Nowadays I seldom upgrade slots (maybe once every week).

Malakhov

Banned
I dont mind. The more money they get, the better :). After May I havent used any money to BE. In May most of my money used went to slots :p Nowadays I seldom upgrade slots (maybe once every week).
Not only I spent all of my lapis and tickets, I've spent 15$ on this game to get the lapis missing for a 10+1 pull for lightning. Something I had never done and told myself i would never do, pay for a mobile game...

man if I could just get Vaan or WoL(don't care about Lightning) I wouldn't have to pull for the foreseeable future

and by foreseeable future I mean until FFT, but after that there's nothing else I really care about.

Malakhov

Banned
man if I could just get Vaan or WoL(don't care about Lightning) I wouldn't have to pull for the foreseeable future

and by foreseeable future I mean until FFT, but after that there's nothing else I really care about.
Are the FFT units great or it's just because of personal interest?

Grass is always greener on the other side. I have WoL on my main account, Vaan on my second account and here I am wishing for Lightning... :)

ExVicis

Grass is always greener on the other side. I have WoL on my main account, Vaan on my second account and here I am wishing for Lightning... :)
Orlandu is lightyears better than Lightning but he is far off from now (or maybe not I don't understand the release schedule). Ramza and Delita though I hear are still pretty good.

It's just cause I like them, FFT is my favorite FF game.

But Thunder God Cid is supposed to be strong as hell.

Malakhov

Banned
Orlandu is lightyears better than Lightning but he is far off from now (or maybe not I don't understand the release schedule). Ramza and Delita though I hear are still pretty good.

Orlandu was one of my favorite character, such a great sprite.

I see, FFT was indeed great, not my favorite but one in the top three for sure.

bonkeng

I'll never run out of Lapis even if i wanted to.

Because of that useless troll 25 Lapis that I still don't know why Gumi gave us last time.

Cid is not supposed to come with the first batch though.

Atleast 2 months for him to come over and destroy everyone's wallet.

Malakhov

Banned
Stupid me, thought the game wasnt compatible with my tablet but had to do the marshmallow update, now Exvius is in the play store.

Malakhov

Banned
This maze thing rocks!

First run I got:

Mini burst pot
2 mini cactuars
2 normal cactuars
1 giant cactuar
1 gil snapper
3 star quartz
1 sacred crystal

What is this? Christmas?

chrono01

Grats? :/

I pulled CoD 3*, my 2nd. I did only few pulls during PC banner and didnt get CoD, so Iam ok with this :p.

Enhanced Maze is live
Nope, already had two of her, but I guess another doesn't hurt. Useful TM, that's for sure. You taught me that!

This maze thing rocks! Pots, sacred crystals, cactuars etc..

First run I got a battle with a giant, a regular and a mini cactual plus limit break pot, sacred crystals...nice!
Yeah, it amazing so far.

Edit: I just finished a run:

2x Minituar
2x Metal Cactuar
1x Metal Gigantuar
2x Mini Gil Snapper
2x Gil Snapper
1x King Gil Snapper

3x Star Quartz
Sacred Crystal

tuffymon

This maze thing rocks!

First run I got:

Mini burst pot
2 mini cactuars
2 normal cactuars
1 giant cactuar
1 gil snapper
3 star quartz
1 sacred crystal

What is this? Christmas?

way better than me, i got one of each xp / money npc and thats it (and clear reward)

Kettch

Not much luck for me. Spent my 50 ap, got 6 jumbos and nothing else useful. Didn't see any star quartz, sacred crystals or pots.

Picked up a second Charlotte with the daily. Wish that were Ludmille instead, I'm hoping to get at least 1 more before the end.

chrono01

Not much luck for me. Spent my 50 ap, got 6 jumbos and nothing else useful. Didn't see any star quartz, sacred crystals or pots.

Picked up a second Charlotte with the daily. Wish that were Ludmille instead, I'm hoping to get at least 1 more before the end.
Good news is, even if you get nothing else, it's worth it for the guaranteed Gigantuar.

tuffymon

ok, do we know if theirs a max? i ran 3x, and got 5, 3, 5 for rooms. Curious to see if that is the min/max or if it goes further etc

chrono01

ok, do we know if theirs a max? i ran 3x, and got 5, 3, 5 for rooms. Curious to see if that is the min/max or if it goes further etc
I believe the max is five additional rooms. I went pretty far into it, and got the 3x Minituar as the final battle instead of the Gigantuar (it gave me 3x Star Quartz).

bonkeng

My 2nd run is 5 or 6 rooms, Can't remember exactly, but the last room has 3 minituars that gave me 2 scream roots and 1 star quartz.

2 runs so far, got 2 mini burst pots.

Dusky

This stuff is pretty awesome. Shame I don't really have anyone to use those mini pots on...

Still waiting for that 3 star Cecil!

chrono01

This stuff is pretty awesome. Shame I don't really have anyone to use those mini pots on...

Still waiting for that 3 star Cecil!
So Cecil is the one to use these on, huh? Thankfully, I still have mine at 3*.

Someone on reddit just posted a brutal video, 200 pulls and
got Lightning at the very end
I still can't believe I got her on my first 11 pull, really crazy.
Yeah, for sure. She seems common, until she isn't, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom