• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

Yeah, the room setups look to be standard.

1st is side by side, 2nd has middle in the back, 3rd has a back left, 4th has a back right, 5th is a 2 door choice and that's as far as I've gotten.

chrono01

Yeah, the room setups look to be standard.

1st is side by side, 2nd has middle in the back, 3rd has a back left, 4th has a back right, 5th is a 2 door choice and that's as far as I've gotten.
That was the end. Choose the correct door and you get the 3x Minituar, with the Star Quartz.

Dusky

Inventory space is at a premium. :(

I've heard/read that Lenna's can be useful. Exdeath too, if you have him.

Aye, I've heard that too. I think I'll try and hold on to them for as long as I can and if I can't just put them on my ExD or Lenna.

Cheers!

chrono01

It could just be RNG, but I made it to the end twice with this exact path (assuming you don't get the final room with your first choice).

Right
Middle
Left
Left
Right

I got to the 3x Minituar with this exact set, with the other rooms (in the above sequence) taking me early to the Metal Gigantuar room. I'd love to try it out more, but no Energy. :(

Maybe there are multiple sets of the correct route, and if you fall upon this one, you can follow a pattern to always reach the finish. It's still luck in getting that particular pattern, but if you do, it'd be nice to know you can go all the way to the end.

scarlet

The last 2 runs in the maze, my middle door give me area cleared FML

edit: make it 3, this feeling is worse than pulling a shadow

bonkeng

Someone on reddit just posted a brutal video, 200 pulls and
got Lightning at the very end
I still can't believe I got her on my first 11 pull, really crazy.

I saw that too. He spent 600$ for Lightning.

But there's a guy who already spent 1k+, still without Lightning.

Those that got her with daily pulls are the luckiest.

Rixa

It could just be RNG, but I made it to the end twice with this exact path (assuming you don't get the final room with your first choice).

Right
Middle
Left
Left
Right

I got to the 3x Minituar with this exact set, with the other rooms (in the above sequence) taking me early to the Metal Gigantuar room. I'd love to try it out more, but no Energy. :(

Maybe there are multiple sets of the correct route, and if you fall upon this one, you can follow a pattern to always reach the finish. It's still luck in getting that particular pattern, but if you do, it'd be nice to know you can go all the way to the end.

I used 30 nrg pot and tested that path:
1. Worked, got to end (2SQ, 1 Screamroot btw)
2. Right, Middle (failed)
3. Right, Middle, Left (failed)

*Shrug* Back to TM grind.

chrono01

I used 30 nrg pot and tested that path:
1. Worked, got to end (2SQ, 1 Screamroot btw)
2. Right, Middle (failed)
3. Right, Middle, Left (failed)

*Shrug* Back to TM grind.
Thanks for confirming, I guess it really is random. :/

This is going to be stressful, but at least it's worth it for the Metal Gigantuar (if you have units to level). Anything else is a bonus.

Rixa

Thanks for confirming, I guess it really is random. :/

This is going to be stressful, but at least it's worth it for the Metal Gigantuar (if you have units to level). Anything else is a bonus.

Np. I guess I do that dungeon 3 times per day, since its counted as Vortex dungeon.

chrono01

Np. I guess I do that dungeon 3 times per day, since its counted as Vortex dungeon.
I'm going all out, I have so many characters to level, haha. Well, that and the possible LB Pots/Screamroot, plus (apparently) 6* evolution material can drop from the gathering points. Not entirely sure on that last part, though.

Kouriozan

I'm going all out, I have so many characters to level, haha. Well, that and the possible LB Pots/Screamroot, plus (apparently) 6* evolution material can drop from the gathering points. Not entirely sure on that last part, though.
In game news said the mats would be available starting this friday, probably going to be a new King Mog event, that's how the Japanese version get their 6* awakening mats.
Still worth it to stock up on metal cactuar, Lightning will be a pain to level to 100 too.

Rixa

^^ Heh :). Iam not sure about those 6* materials. If you get, inform us :D.

Btw. What is the concensus? Does Gravity Rod get same treatment as Superior Sword?
I dont have GRod but I have "a lot" (210) Farplane souls. Just curious do we get enhanced version of GRod.

Kouriozan

Current TM party, getting ready for that dual cast Refia goodness.

3TZejNtl.jpg

Rixa

Current TM party, getting ready for that dual cast Refia goodness.

Thats nice :). Why does Ludmille name change in French version to Ludmilla? But Chizuru is still Chizuru and not Chorizo ;)
I know I wont pull Refia :/. So preparing for Kefka ultimate madness.

Screenshot_20160926-133355.png

I have 2 Lennas and 3 Lunas. Prolly doing those after this patch and combining them for 1 Rod & 1 Barrage. As always plans will change :p

Kouriozan

Ludmilla sounds more "girly" in French, I guess.
Plus her original name is Ryudomira
Also have Zidane and Bartz at 35% but with a innate dual wield unit, it's not top 1 priority right now.

Rixa

Ludmilla sounds more "girly" in French, I guess.
Plus her original name is Ryudomira

Yup. I just was little surprised that some names have been translated more to other languages than to "only" English. Its like I would translate my real name to foreing languages. Thats why I dont get those name changes at all (even from JP to ENG). let it be gibberish or something.

Well, I found a way to make it to the end of the maze every time.
But it's probably not worth the effort.
Just did it for testing purposes, on how this dungeon works.

Same method as was in Chain Chronicle Gauntlet fights?

Kouriozan

Yup. I just was little surprised that some names have been translated more to other languages than to "only" English. Its like I would translate my real name to foreing languages. Thats why I dont get those name changes at all (even from JP to ENG). let it be gibberish or something.
There is the famous Zidane -> Djidane in French, because of that football player x)

bonkeng

Same method as was in Chain Chronicle Gauntlet fights?

Not, really. Well yes it involves resetting, but not a simple reset. Hence on why you need 2 devices.

I'm intrigued.

Tell me more.

It's quite a long process, you sure you wanna go through with it?

You need to note down which path leads to where, and what is you're optimum path. Because some path will diverge into either 3 metal cactuar, or 3 gil snappers.

Here's the thing I noticed.

Once you enter, all materials, drops and encounter are set in stone. I did 5 reset, the 3 minituars gave exactly the same 3 Star Quartz.

orion434

I'll never run out of Lapis even if i wanted to.

Because of that useless troll 25 Lapis that I still don't know why Gumi gave us last time.

I actually restarted because of that 25 Lapis, I sent in a support ticket for them to remove it and they told me they couldn't, so I decided to re-roll. I was just a week in so it wasn't so bad. Things like that really irritate me.

Rixa

I'm intrigued.

Tell me more.

Not, really. Well yes it involves resetting, but not a simple reset. Hence on why you need 2 devices.

I have vague memories that JPBE devs did ban players who used this / something similar. So my advice is, dont use it more atleast.

Edit: JP PSA: They Started Banning users for exploits
In the Dream Maze dungeon users used to be able to get to the end by killing the app and restarting--well it looks like they actually started banning people. First I've seen of the bans going out, considering some purportedly use macros to grind for TMRs. Bans were handed out to IAP users too, so nobody seems immune.
Above is the message it displays, which basically says it detected actions that violate the terms of service, resulting in being denied access.

chrono01

It's quite a long process, you sure you wanna go through with it?

You need to note down which path leads to where, and what is you're optimum path. Because some path will diverge into either 3 metal cactuar, or 3 gil snappers.

Here's the thing I noticed.

Once you enter, all materials, drops and encounter are set in stone. I did 5 reset, the 3 minituars gave exactly the same 3 Star Quartz.
Hmm, on second thought...I'm good. >_<

guys there are warning on reddit saying people in JP are getting banned for exploiting prefect run every time.
That cements it, definitely not interested then!

bonkeng

Yep, That's why I said it's not worth the effort. I did one test on my main. I'll do one more time on my alt to see how it is. Then I'll stop.

Dusky

Can anyone with JP knowledge elaborate on how the 6* mats events work?

Is it a exploration styled event? How frequent do the events drop?

I understand that this won't necessarily be representative of how it works in GL, but I can't imagine it'll differ much if at all.

Valentus

So youre resetting the maze AND using nox?

Thats not an inteligent way to keep gumi's eyes off your account.

Tried the maze, was fine but, i prefer keep using my energy in TM farming.

Syntsui

Isn't Nox confirmed to be 100% legal? Like people actually messaged Gumi, read the entire TOS and guarantee that it does absolutely nothing that would get people banned.

bonkeng

So youre resetting the maze AND using nox?

Thats not an inteligent way to keep gumi's eyes off your account.

Tried the maze, was fine but, i prefer keep using my energy in TM farming.

Nox and phone. There's a way to reset the dungeon. But just not the normal method like killing the app.

Isn't Nox confirmed to be 100% legal? Like people actually messaged Gumi, read the entire TOS and guarantee that it does absolutely nothing that would get people banned.

Yes Nox is legal. But abusing the mechanics is bannable.

H3xum

So what do I do with Diablos? Do I spec him mage or attk?

I pulled a 2nd Chiz and a 2nd Kefka recently so I am probably going to put him on one of those units

Valentus

Nox and phone. There's a way to reset the dungeon. But just not the normal method like killing the app.

Yes Nox is legal. But abusing the mechanics is bannable.

Dont do it. There will be a banhammer. Just dont do it. Accept your minituar and gigantuar and live happy.

Folstern

New event is really cool. Did two runs and got two mini burst pots so I am quite happy. 20 NRG for 200 LB XP is efficient! At least more than almost 200 runs of ES TM runs. Makes ADV chamber of experience obsolete for the time being too.

That was a lot of acronyms.

bonkeng

Dont do it. There will be a banhammer. Just dont do it. Accept your minituar and gigantuar and live happy.

I'm not doing it lol.

Just tested it one time to know how this exploration works.

It's really not worth it, you need atleast half an hour to map out all the possible route.

creid

Gah, I'm so mad, the last thing I did last night was awaken Lenna from 3 > 4*. Now I get an LB pot this morning that would've been much better used last night ;.;

Coppanuva

Does a low level team have a chance on the new maze event? I'm talking some characters at level 10-20 lol.

Yeah, I'm running my TM team which is like... 2 level 20 shantotto's, a maxed shantotto, maxed locke, and 40ish Golbez. It's all event monsters so pretty weak.

CCIE

Banned
Starting to get pissed with this game. My main cannot draw a tank to save my life, and I'm seriously considering dropping it if things don't change soon. I have nothing to spend all these LB pots on either. I'm using the maze to upgrade my secondary account, but getting tired of this.

Think I may need a break. I'm not spending another dime on this until we get those guaranteed minimums like Japan, so for at least not six months. If they were smart, people would be more inclined to spend if they went ahead and implemented it now. Nothing worse than five star Raksasha. Or just get rid of those peasant four star max units completely.

Frustrated today..

Starting to get pissed with this game. My main cannot draw a tank to save my life, and I'm seriously considering dropping it if things don't change soon. I have nothing to spend all these LB pots on either. I'm using the maze to upgrade my secondary account, but getting tired of this.

Think I may need a break. I'm not spending another dime on this until we get those guaranteed minimums like Japan, so for at least not six months. If they were smart, people would be more inclined to spend if they went ahead and implemented it now. Nothing worse than five star Raksasha. Or just get rid of those peasant four star max units completely.

Frustrated today..

I am def. in the not spending another dime on the game thing. I mean 100+ pulls on this banner and I didn't really expect to get Lightning but not even a single Rainbow crystal....eff right the hell off.

linkent

Frustrated today..
I understand your feeling. (Dunno why Charlotte eludes you T_T)
Especially designing a game where requiring something to clear something is really bad for these f2p games.
it took me almost 50 tries to kill this vortex dino without fullbreak and sealing blade.
Snort miss 2x till the last 1 @30% that kick my cecil away.
That is seriously bullshit considering i have every best equipments i can farm since the game launch.(no TMR)
Cant imagine how PVP is.

Yes fucking 5* Rakshasa is fucking painful, it was really hard to sleep for me 2 days ago.

ExVicis

Daily got me a Charlotte. So now I have everyone but Lightning. It tempted me to try and keep pulling but i think I'll resist.

What's the furthest anyone got in the maze? I got maybe 5. Wondering crazy stuff is at the furthest rooms.

J0dy77

Is there a tier list for TM and Burst? Trying to figure out who I should put on a TM farming team and where to put the pots I farm today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom