• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

I mean, really, Exvius has a moving goalpost as to what constitutes abuse.

Botting will get you banned in virtually any sane ecosystem but is A-OK here.

It will be a matter of time before macroing is bannable.

But mechanics abuse like resetting dungeons, which guarantees perfect run all the time, I think is too much.

Frustrated today..

CCIE: Take a break from your main for a few days. Enjoy playing your alt and let it catch up.

That's what I did, when i can't pull any worthwhile units from my main, I played my alt until it caught up.

Just run TM on your main, do dailies, save Lapis and tickets. Try again when Cecil's banner comes.

There's no point for you to continue playing your main if it only gets you frustrated instead.

Daily got me a Charlotte. So now I have everyone but Lightning. It tempted me to try and keep pulling but i think I'll resist.

What's the furthest anyone got in the maze? I got maybe 5. Wondering crazy stuff is at the furthest rooms.

I think 5 is the max. Which has the minituars.

creid

Daily got me a Charlotte. So now I have everyone but Lightning. It tempted me to try and keep pulling but i think I'll resist.

What's the furthest anyone got in the maze? I got maybe 5. Wondering crazy stuff is at the furthest rooms.
I got to the end once. Before the final room there's only two choices. AFAIK one leads to 3 cactuars that drop 1 quartz each, the other is a gigantaur. Apparently LB pots show up as enemies rarely towards the end.

scarlet

My 3 Shantottos are around 60-70% IIRC

But I swap them for Cecil and Miyuki.

My Chizuru is at 76%. My plan is to dual wield her with sakurafubuki.

And my Wol using the Excalibur

My next TM team probably 3 shantotos and 2 Ludmille or just 5 Ludmille for 2 dual cast.

Rixa

I got to the end once. Before the final room there's only two choices. AFAIK one leads to 3 cactuars that drop 1 quartz each, the other is a gigantaur. Apparently LB pots show up as enemies rarely towards the end.

Sadly they drop Screamroots too. I did get to there once and it was:
1 Screamroot and 2 Star Quartz.

CCIE

Banned
My alt has Garnett, Charlotte, Vaan, and Lightning. Shantotto is the mage. Seriously, enjoying this team more than my main where I can swap out virtually any big damage dealer. But a tank? Freaking game won't give me ONE on my main account. That team is STACKED, with weapons and options coming out my ears... but I cannot pull a 3* tank with a 15% rate? WTF...

Charlotte is the bomb on my secondary account, which is currently in the Westersand somewhere. And Garnett basically gets a Summon every other round as a mid-range 4*

Kouriozan

I'll probably try to get Tilith the first time she'll be featured (with dailies and tickets the last day) but she almost won't be used until her 6*, don't really want to wait until the second banner, Vargas would drop the rates even more.
Try again when Cecil's banner comes.

Really hope Cecil will be featured, in the Japanese version it was only Dark Knight Cecil/Kain/Rosa.

Pejo

Nice, just got Ludmille from the daily today. I'm officially happy with my results from this banner. Got a Charlotte, Ludmille, then a few crap units. Lightning would have been nice, but I'm not doing more than a daily for her.

I have been moving to a new apartment for the past 5 days, so I haven't really gotten to dig in to the new content yet. Maybe later this week.

Kouriozan

This girl get 3 rainbows crystal in 2 11 pulls.
I'm watching the Brave Frontier banner trying to see if you need amazing luck for Tilith.

EDIT : make that 4 rainbow with her 4th 11 pull x)

THgTCno.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. daily pull: Cyan. Probably pushed my luck with Charlottes and Ludmilles at this point.

2. LOVE this event. Also love that 10 nrg = min. 35K exp (one giant + one mini cactaur). AND a few sacred crystals thrown in? YEP.

3. Speaking of sacred crystals: Couple pages back someone asked about farming at the INT awakening chamber -- yes that's still the best AFAIK. Some runs you'll get zero, some you'll get two. Averages out over the long run to be about one per run. I usually wait until I have a couple units I need to awaken, though. Can hit about 10-15 SC per day if you're dedicated. Probably more.

4. Over the past day I've just decided to focus on leveling one unit to max at a time rather than a scattershot approach. I've maxed Leo, and while I was maxing Kuja / Garland, I landed Charlotte, CoD, and Kefka. So Kefka first, then CoD. So yesterday I was doing solo runs with Kefka (thank you friends with ExDeath!), but today farming cactuars in the event is such a good rate of return.

5. Disappointing to read the bit about maxed espers, but I had the suspicion already since espers were generally unnecessary in the main quest and even a wasted turn in Dirnado.

Azuran

Banned
Starting to get pissed with this game. My main cannot draw a tank to save my life, and I'm seriously considering dropping it if things don't change soon. I have nothing to spend all these LB pots on either. I'm using the maze to upgrade my secondary account, but getting tired of this.

Think I may need a break. I'm not spending another dime on this until we get those guaranteed minimums like Japan, so for at least not six months. If they were smart, people would be more inclined to spend if they went ahead and implemented it now. Nothing worse than five star Raksasha. Or just get rid of those peasant four star max units completely.

Frustrated today..

There's absolutely NO REASON to spent a single dime on this game at its current state. The gatcha system is complete garbage and the fact that you can walk away without a single "good" unit after an 11-pull would be a complete joke if it wasn't so fucking sad.

Go to Amazon and buy yourself a new game if you really want to spend money.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I think people should spend money on what brings them joy, and like a lottery ticket, you're spending money on WHAT IF, not a one in a billion chance of a lot of money. if spending money on this game brings people joy or they want to support perhaps SE's best product since FFX, they should. So get upset about Lightning rates all you want, but maybe not suggest the game isn't worth spending on or shit on the people that do so?

(FTP here, fwiw)

What's this maze thing? I saw that it's open, but I have no idea what it is or what it's about.

It's a random dungeon with one fight per level. One mini cactaur (5k exp on enhance) and one giant cactuar (30k) are minimums. And then there's a random chance you can pull more between the first and last levels, including gil snappers (sell them for gil) and burst pots (level your limit break using enhance). It's a good NRG investment because 10 NRG = min 35k exp. vs. 15 NRG = 30K exp in chamber of exp.

Azuran

Banned
I think people should spend money on what brings them joy, and like a lottery ticket, you're spending money on WHAT IF, not a one in a billion chance of a lot of money. if spending money on this game brings people joy or they want to support perhaps SE's best product since FFX, they should. So get upset about Lightning rates all you want, but maybe not suggest the game isn't worth spending on or shit on the people that do so?

(FTP here, fwiw)

Lightning having a ridiculous rate is not the problem. The problem is pulling a rainbow crystal (which is supposed to be a once in a lifetime opportunity) and getting Rakshasa out of it. That's just ridiculous and a complete mockery of the rating system. The fact that they don't differentiate between how good and bad a unit at max rating is just adds to the problem. Anything that comes out of a rainbow crystal should be nothing but the absolute best.

I can go log in into Love Live right now, do an Honor Scout and chances are I'll get something useful even if I don't pull a UR. The SRs are so much better than the Rs that I don't feel like I wasted my gems even if I didn't get what I wanted.

If you do the same in this game, you'll get something completely worthless out of it like a 4* Bedile. That's where the frustration comes from.

Pbae

Lightning having a ridiculous rate is not the problem. The problem is pulling a rainbow crystal (which is supposed to be a once in a lifetime opportunity) and getting Rakshasa out of it. That's just ridiculous and a complete mockery of the rating system. The fact that they don't differentiate between how good and bad a unit at max rating is just adds to the problem. Anything that comes out of a rainbow crystal should be nothing but the absolute best.

I can go log in into Love Live right now, do an Honor Scout and chances are I'll get something useful even if I don't pull a UR. The SRs are so much better than the Rs that I don't feel like I wasted my gems even if I didn't get what I wanted.

If you do the same in this game, you'll get something completely worthless out of it like a 4* Bedile. That's where the frustration comes from.

Hopefully, Gumi incorporates the changes they made in Japan quicker for Global with Yellow Crystals definitively getting a base 4* and Rainbow being a guaranteed 5*.

Granted, we would probably need a bunch more base 5*s.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Huh. Just got 3x Minituars (3x Star Quartz) instead of the Metal Gigantuar in the last room of the maze.

This event is awesome.

Valus

Unfortunately I doubt they will incorporate those rates here. Japan has some intense laws in regards to gacha games that more or less forced them to show the drop rates as well as make them better.

Do you really think Gumi will do it for global if no law is forcing them to?

bonkeng

I'll probably try to get Tilith the first time she'll be featured (with dailies and tickets the last day) but she almost won't be used until her 6*, don't really want to wait until the second banner, Vargas would drop the rates even more.

Really hope Cecil will be featured, in the Japanese version it was only Dark Knight Cecil/Kain/Rosa.

Cecil is featured, but only on the daily feature banner. Which is yet to be implemented on global.

Yes I agree with you. In Chain Chronicles, once you pull an Ultra Rare (5* in ffbe), it's almost always a great unit. Even Super Rares (4*) are noticeably better than Rares (3*).

I hope this gets implemented in Global sooner than later.

So many star quartz from this event omfg! I've been getting really lucky by sticking with left and center when choosing the rooms and getting to the end. Think I've pulled 8 or 9 SQ in 3 runs so far!

unrealist

If I already maxed out Cecil .. is it still worth the time levelling Charlotte?

Also, what does the the star (with a number) beside items mean?

Sorry, returning player .. realise tons of new stuff now

Kouriozan

If I already maxed out Cecil .. is it still worth the time levelling Charlotte?

Also, what does the the star (with a number) beside items mean?

Sorry, returning player .. realise tons of new stuff now
If you got nothing else to do, yes.
Otherwise Cecil at 6* will be much stronger.

The star on items is there only to show their rarity.

Rixa

Yes I agree with you. In Chain Chronicles, once you pull an Ultra Rare (5* in ffbe), it's almost always a great unit. Even Super Rares (4*) are noticeably better than Rares (3*).

I hope this gets implemented in Global sooner than later.

Yeah and then you pull the bad one...
I wasnt exactly happy when I got Mimu, useless unit :p.
Anyways, good thing in BE is that there are alot awesome base 3* units. Sadly getting them is really tough :(.

tariniel

Are any of the chests a good value? I'm wanting to spend money but I don't know if I should get one of the bundles or just straight lapis.

Mythril Chest - $24.99: 3600 lapis, 1 ticket, 60 nrg, 2 keys, 9 quartz
Adamantite Chest - $47.99: 5000 lapis, 5 tickets, 100 nrg, 5 keys, 19 quartz
Crystal Chest - $74.99: 10,000 lapis, 9 tickets, 150 nrg, 9 keys, 29 quartz

I don't much care about the nrg, and I'm also not sure what the value on keys and quartz are. I'm leaning toward just buying lapis.

Why: I'm enjoying the game and want to support it, I also want to use some of the lapis to add equip/unit/material slots and to bank for more daily rolls and to use on future banners. I'm not going to use them on current banner.

Are any of the chests a good value? I'm wanting to spend money but I don't know if I should get one of the bundles or just straight lapis.

I don't much care about the nrg, and I'm also not sure what the value on keys and quartz are. I'm leaning toward just buying lapis.

Why: I'm enjoying the game and want to support it, I also want to use some of the lapis to add equip/unit/material slots and to bank for more daily rolls and to use on future banners. I'm not going to use them on current banner.

I bought the top 2 10k/5k lapis. Overall I still think straight Lapis is the better option if you go with the 18k bundle but I wanted that extra NRG for TM farming so it was worth it in the end.

Sadly no, another Clyne!!

I have to pace myself though, I have a feeling if I don't pull one by Thursday I may do another Hail Mary 11 pull. No way I'm going the entire banner without at least 1!!!

Valentus

With 100 dollars you get 18.000 lapis, and you can summon 39 times (3 times 11 sumon, and 6 single summons) thats 2,56 dollar per summon.

With Crystal chest you can summon 31 times (2 times 11 summon and 9 single summons), thats 2,42 dollar per summon.

The difference is marginal, but with the 100 dollar 18.000 lapi you get 3 guarantee gold crystal, and with the crystal chest you only got 2 guarantee gold crystal.

Take that info to get your conclussions.

P.D: CCIE, cheer up gal. Most of trials can be done with a friend, and if you dont have a tank yet at that time, just ask here if one of us can put a tank as friend so you can use it and have better options. Thats why we are a community.

So which units get 6* first? I'm assuming Lightning and maybe a few others like Chizuru and CoD?

If we follow the JPN scheudle, First is Lightning, then Ramza and Delita, then Snow, then Dark Knight Cecil, and then Cecil would be the first legacy unit that will be upgraded to 6star

With 100 dollars you get 18.000 lapis, and you can summon 39 times (3 times 11 sumon, and 6 single summons) thats 2,56 dollar per summon.

With Crystal chest you can summon 31 times (2 times 11 summon and 9 single summons), thats 2,42 dollar per summon.

The difference is marginal, but with the 100 dollar 18.000 lapi you get 3 guarantee gold crystal, and with the crystal chest you only got 2 guarantee gold crystal.

Take that info to get your conclussions.

P.D: CCIE, cheer up gal. Most of trials can be done with a friend, and if you dont have a tank yet at that time, just ask here if one of us can put a tank as friend so you can use it and have better options. Thats why we are a community.

Technically you can summon 45 times with the 18k bundle if you use the 3k extra to do Daily summons.

Kouriozan

The first trial where you need very good units should be Gilgamesh, and it won't hit global until a few months, so we got plenty of time before that.
Until then, and with the 6* finally coming, you will be able cheese those with a strong friend, well except for the farplane but Brachiosaur is the last one anyway.

Valentus

Any deals to make purchasing thru Google or something for play credit?

In last comicon, the producers of the game said that currency will be available soon in amazon store, and from there, you can buy lapis cheaper (just like in brave frontier that buying gems was cheaper if you do that via amazon store)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
In last comicon, the producers of the game said that currency will be available soon in amazon store, and from there, you can buy lapis cheaper (just like in brave frontier that buying gems was cheaper if you do that via amazon store)

Like how much cheaper?

And would that be using Amazon coins? Looking it up now, mind if you go over the proccess for me?

I plan on buying it to make up for my indiscrention from the other night. Since it is a one tme purchase, I would like to save as much as I can.

Zalasta

Looks like my luck with the maze is as bad as my luck with the daily pull. I have yet to reach beyond the 4th room...I did get 3 Sacred Crystals out of my 6 runs or so >.>

Lyrian

If we follow the JPN scheudle, First is Lightning, then Ramza and Delita, then Snow, then Dark Knight Cecil, and then Cecil would be the first legacy unit that will be upgraded to 6star

Hello, and welcome.

Welp, that escalated quickly, now didn't it?

I hope CCIE doesn't continue to have the same bad luck that I did with somehow missing CoD all banner in her missing Charlotte in this banner.

And on that note, I was graced by another Vivi today. /sigh

And WTH with people clearing the maze so easily? I haven't had a single run that has made it past floor 3 yet :/

Lyrian

And Garnett basically gets a Summon every other round as a mid-range 4*

And that is exactly why I want one of her. There are so many shenanigans I can think of between her and Rydia working together.

Also, Garnet gets an additional haste effect (High Tide) to increasing her summoning speed in her 5* form as well to further speed things up.

And that is exactly why I want one of her. There are so many shenanigans I can think of between her and Rydia working together.

Also, Garnet gets an additional haste effect (High Tide) to increasing her summoning speed in her 5* form as well to further speed things up.

WTF I didn't know she had High Tide...her 6* is gonna be a beast isn't it?

Kitoro

So, what is it exactly that makes Charlotte so much better than Amarant?

Charlotte seems much more reliable for protecting party members and enduring said protection efforts, but Amarant's countering makes him seem he can deal some decent damage, unlike Charlotte.

I get the Charlotte will be the better choice when tanks are actually required by hard hitting enemies, but for right now, Amarant seems like he suffices for most available content, no?

They also seem like they'd make a good dual tank combo down the line.

Valus

Right, when an actual tank is needed she would outclass Amarant. With that said, if you don't need an actual tank for whatever content you're doing, there's no real reason to being Amarant along since his damage is poor compared to actual fighters.

Valus

It's random. There's a way to exploit it apparently but players in JP were banned for it so it's not recommended to try it here.

I need to pick someone's brain with knowledge of the Japanese version who also knows a thing or two about limit bursts. So now that this event has been giving me the the limit burst mini pots, I'd like to utilize these. I understand that leveling the limit burst at lower star levels is MUCH quicker. So anyone that I have 5 star I know not to bother with.

I don't have Cecil yet, and I hear his limit burst is great. I said to myself, I'll half pull today and get him! And lo and behold I get a 3 star garland instead. Reading up on my new unit, I read his limit burst actually changes to give a party attack up when he gets his 6 star. So my question to those with vast knowledge, should I start leveling garlands burst and keep him at 3 star until maxed? Or wait for a Cecil banner and hope for him. I'd like to know hard stats of these two characters limit bursts if possible. What do the effects do, how long do they last.

Lyrian

WTF I didn't know she had High Tide...her 6* is gonna be a beast isn't it?

Probably, but I don't have any idea what they would do to improve her, outside of another EVO MAG buff (but, she already gets +30% at 5* though). With High Tide and max skill, Garnet should be able to effective summon practically everyone (likely guaranteed with Rydia every round). So... what else would be left to do but increase damage?

Plus Charlotte is cute

Scientifically factually correct statement detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom