• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't kill me

MOTHERFUCKAJKDNASKJNDLKASBDNKLJASNDKJASNDKLJANSDKJNAS

anigif_enhanced-30076-1393188470-23.gif

$75 on a mobile game that is just going to make everything obsolete in several months is just madness to me. You can have plenty of fun with the game without spending huge sums of cash. These games are monetized around people's lack of patience and poor understanding of statistics.

This drives me nuts...people are paying for something they are enjoying....no different than someone paying 30 bucks to go see a movie and get popcorn and a drink. It isn't a waste if that person sees value in it. Now I do think moderation is the key having said that.

tuffymon

This drives me nuts...people are paying for something they are enjoying....no different than someone paying 30 bucks to go see a movie and get popcorn and a drink. It isn't a waste if that person sees value in it. Now I do think moderation is the key having said that.

I totally agree with this, just because one values something different doesn't mean it's wrong. However, what sort of job do you have that allows you to drop $600 for 1 lightning? Share... please? ^.^?

Celegus

My wife cleared a bunch of spots on her friendlist and could really use some good friend units if anyone has space! She started playing a while after me but plays all the time now and has some good units to share (Fencer, WoL, Chiz, etc)

602 076 823

chrono01

I haven't gotten a full run with the maze all day. :/

My wife cleared a bunch of spots on her friendlist and could really use some good friend units if anyone has space! She started playing a while after me but plays all the time now and has some good units to share (Fencer, WoL, Chiz, etc)

602 076 823
Also, sent!

bonkeng

602 076 823

I'll send an invite later.

I wish my wife plays this game too. She used to be an avid gamer, until work and yoga took most of her time.

I'm guessing the white one is Chilly? :D

Celegus

I'll send an invite later.

I wish my wife plays this game too. She used to be an avid gamer, until work and yoga took most of her time.
I wasn't sure if she would be as into it as me since she's only played FFX and FFXII in more recent years (I corrupted her into a gamer). She loves it though and we're having a lot of fun comparing stuff together. But our main jam is still Heroes of the Storm.

I'm done with the debate. What a fuckign circus. I kill for Obama/Mccain debates. Anyways how about that Lighting? she is strong!

Haha, yeah I can't stomach anymore of this either. I already know who I'm voting for and this is just making me sadder and sadder to think it might be a close race (but hopefully not).

I've only had one full run in the maze so far, and it was my very first one. I went left every time, but that hasn't worked again since.

Lyrian

602 076 823

Invite sent, as I was able to clear a spot.

Yeah, that debate was.... something. Time to move on.

Lyrian

I need to pick someone's brain with knowledge of the Japanese version who also knows a thing or two about limit bursts. So now that this event has been giving me the the limit burst mini pots, I'd like to utilize these. I understand that leveling the limit burst at lower star levels is MUCH quicker. So anyone that I have 5 star I know not to bother with.

I don't have Cecil yet, and I hear his limit burst is great. I said to myself, I'll half pull today and get him! And lo and behold I get a 3 star garland instead. Reading up on my new unit, I read his limit burst actually changes to give a party attack up when he gets his 6 star. So my question to those with vast knowledge, should I start leveling garlands burst and keep him at 3 star until maxed? Or wait for a Cecil banner and hope for him. I'd like to know hard stats of these two characters limit bursts if possible. What do the effects do, how long do they last.

I don't think anyone directly answered your question yet.

Cecil 6* stats/LB --> Here

Garland 6* stats/LB --> Here

Pulled twice today in addition to my daily. Got a Charlotte, a Fran and another garnet. This and the troll rainbow with my eleven pull seems to indicate to me that I am lucky just not lightning lucky.

Garnet with Maria's Esuna TM would be awesome right? Missing Lenna's cheer but better at healing and raise.

Because Maria is really easy to draw and garnet looks better at the moment, except status ailments just stop her dead

bonkeng

I want to vote against that one.

10k Lapis and 9 tickets isn't as good as the 18000 Lapis for 25$ more.

Yep same here. 100$ is the best deal imo. 3 multipulls with higher chance of getting gold/rainbow is much better.

Anyway, guys I expanded my fl, got 10 slots.

Invite me 340,155,644

Lyrian

Pulled twice today in addition to my daily. Got a Charlotte, a Fran and another garnet. This and the troll rainbow with my eleven pull seems to indicate to me that I am lucky just not lightning lucky.

Garnet with Maria's Esuna TM would be awesome right? Missing Lenna's cheer but better at healing and raise.

Because Maria is really easy to draw and garnet looks better at the moment, except status ailments just stop her dead

That would address one of her most critical flaws, so yes. As others would say, that comes at the cost of a stat boost augment in an ability slot. So, tradeoffs and such.

I just saw that Cecil gets High Tide (LB Fill Rate +100%) at 6*. Is this enough for him to keep his LB's 3-turn Buffs active constantly? If not, would tossing CoD's Auto-Limit on him push him over that edge? A party wide +50-74% ATK/DEF/SPR buff that is permanently active w/ no MP cost would be simply amazing.

kswiston

Do we know what units will be in the first batch of 6* upgrades?

Looking at the list of unreleased Japanese units, it looks like I have every unit set to receive unreleased awakenings other than Terra, WoL and Firion. It seems like this will have a major impact on my focus going forward.

bonkeng

I just saw that Cecil gets High Tide (LB Fill Rate +100%) at 6*. Is this enough for him to keep his LB's 3-turn Buffs active constantly? If not, would tossing CoD's Auto-Limit on him push him over that edge? A party wide +50-74% ATK/DEF/SPR buff that is permanently active w/ no MP cost would be simply amazing.

Interested to know this as well.

chrono01

I always get to the floor just before the two-way split, and then choose poorly. No LB Pots all day either. This event is fun, if you're just focusing on the guaranteed Giant Cactuar. I want LB Pots/Star Quartz though!

I've heard, during the Japanese one, that a Moogle would sometimes appear next to the correct path. They also have a higher difficulty (for 15 Energy) with apparently better drops. :(

Lyrian

Interested to know this as well.

I'd say it's possible, but not consistent without help.

At 6*, he needs 16 LB crystals per LB use. High Tide halves that to 8 crystals. Against trash mobs, sure. But, then again, you don't need this against trash mobs.

Against bosses is another story. Bosses tend to drop considerably fewer LB crystals per hit. Compounding this issue, is the use of abilities and spells that generate fewer crystals per attack than with a standard attack, which in turn limits the number of crystals generated per round that could be distributed to Cecil.

If I remember reading correctly, Cecil could keep the LB up continuously with help from someone with Entrust to do so.

bonkeng

I'd say it's possible, but not consistent without help.

At 6*, he needs 16 LB crystals per LB use. High Tide halves that to 8 crystals. Against trash mobs, sure. But, then again, you don't need this against trash mobs.

Against bosses is another story. Bosses tend to drop considerably fewer LB crystals per hit. Compounding this issue, is the use of abilities and spells that generate fewer crystals per attack than with a standard attack, which in turn limits the number of crystals generated per round that could be distributed to Cecil.

If I remember reading correctly, Cecil could keep the LB up continuously with help from someone with Entrust to do so.

In other words, Cecil's buddy, Bartz could help him.

Lyrian

Finally got through the silly maze once successfully, after fumbling continuously on the final room multiple times.

Getting to that last branching option with the triple cactaurs is a great payout. Even if you choose poorly, you still get two minis, one regular, and two jumbo cactaurs for 10 energy.

By any current estimate, that is a rather hefty return on the energy investment.

Malakhov

Banned
Finally got through the silly maze once successfully, after fumbling continuously on the final room multiple times.

Getting to that last branching option with the triple cactaurs is a great payout. Even if you choose poorly, you still get two minis, one regular, and two jumbo cactaurs for 10 energy.

By any current estimate, that is a rather hefty return on the energy investment.

It's a great way to level up units. Better than the cactaur event. I've leveled my Lenna and CoD since yesterday to lvl 80 already and now working on Charlotte.

bonkeng

It's a great way to level up units. Better than the cactaur event. I've leveled my Lenna and CoD since yesterday to lvl 80 already and now working on Charlotte.

Me too. Got Lightning to 80 thanks to this event.

Still have a few though. Will rest from TM farming for now and focus on this maze.

tariniel

I don't really have any units I want to level that much other than my 2nd and 3rd Kefka, and I guess Charlotte (even though I already have maxed WoL and Leo). I'm more into this event for the burst pot chance since I'm trying to do that on Cecil. That's going to take FOREVER.

Also that strat someone posted on reddit earlier today of using the minitaur to awaken a standard summon 1 star unit to finish that trophy for 500 lapis.

Also I used some lapis for more friend slots, I have 12 openings. My leader right now is lightning but I can swap to WoL/Vaan for future events etc.My characters name is Ayjis:

Also I just want to say its really cool how friendly everyone in the Brave Ex community is. Most of the games I tend to play have very negative/toxic/elitist communities and I don't get that vibe for this game.

Malakhov

Banned
Me too. Got Lightning to 80 thanks to this event.

Still have a few though. Will rest from TM farming for now and focus on this maze.

Grats on lightning!

I'm almost done with all the new content with my main account, I'm at the wind shrine. No units to level up on that account as well, will be TM farming too until the next event. A little rest from all the farming done recently!

On my second account though I'm using this maze to finish leveling up a few units then going into the new content. Nice refreshing week.

Jeffrey

So about how much time between lightning release and first legacy unit upgrades in japan?

hopefully not too long, but its not like you need her for content.

Rixa

602 076 823
Nuke of Death has sent fr.
I haven't gotten a full run with the maze all day. :/
1/9, no great luck here either. Only doing 3x per day onwards, unless I need to burn nrg during this week.

Listen I haven't pulled one rainbow crystal at all!

Dont worry, me neither. Close to 250 pulls made during 4 months of playing :).

Decided to get back into this game after dropping it for Dokkan Battle and Naruto. Unfortunately no Lightning for me. I didn't feel like rerolling for her even though I'm only rank 14. I ended up getting Ludmille and Charlotte though. Earlier (like months ago) I posted about having 2 Exdeaths. I've been using both of them on my team, but is it better to just fuse one into the other? One is 4 star and the other is 3 star.

Mxrz

Blew through all the new content over the weekend. Happy it took more than autobattle, but still breezed through everything, and the new boss with no real prep. Hopefully the next batch isn't a long time off.

Really like this event. Tons of xp, some sacred crystals, and just enough randominess to keep it fun. After the past two events, its a nice change.

How do people TM grind the Earth Shrine? Macros? Do it while watching tv? I've been doing it during football games, but I've not progressed much at all. Right now I have a team of Zidane, Ludmille, Ludmille, Shantotto, Shantotto. With an extra 4* Shantotto waiting. I like the idea of having a Mage Team someday.

Rixa

Decided to get back into this game after dropping it for Dokkan Battle and Naruto. Unfortunately no Lightning for me. I didn't feel like rerolling for her even though I'm only rank 14. I ended up getting Ludmille and Charlotte though. Earlier (like months ago) I posted about having 2 Exdeaths. I've been using both of them on my team, but is it better to just fuse one into the other? One is 4 star and the other is 3 star.

I wouldnt fuse Exdeath ever, if I have only 2. (If I had 20, situation would be different). Level them both & awaken them to 5* & max level. Exdeath is still one of the best mages in JP.

In vortex there is "Enhanced Maze" I would run that, since it gives atleast 1 Mini cactuar & 1 Jumbo cactuar for 10 nrg (35k unit exp). EM vortex dungeon is available only this week.
How do people TM grind the Earth Shrine? Macros? Do it while watching tv? I've been doing it during football games, but I've not progressed much at all. Right now I have a team of Zidane, Ludmille, Ludmille, Shantotto, Shantotto. With an extra 4* Shantotto waiting. I like the idea of having a Mage Team someday.

I think Iam the only one here who does it without macro (or are there others who are equal stupid than I?). Iam Just using phone & doing something else same time (I play without sounds btw).
First batch I got about 2.1% - 2.2% TM per day, somedays were better, others were not. It took roughly 40-46 days to get all to 100%.

I wouldnt fuse Exdeath ever, if I have only 2. (If I had 20, situation would be different). Level them both & awaken them to 5* & max level. Exdeath is still one of the best mages in JP.

In vortex there is "Enhanced Maze" I would run that, since it gives atleast 1 Mini cactuar & 1 Jumbo cactuar for 10 nrg (35k unit exp). EM vortex dungeon is available only this week.
Thanks, I actually unlocked the Experience Room in the Vortex yesterday, but I discovered the Maze today. Gonna be running that one instead. I was pretty lucky in my maze runs until I read that you aren't guaranteed past the first room, and then my luck tanked haha. I figured everyone makes it to the end.

Rixa

Thanks, I actually unlocked the Experience Room in the Vortex yesterday, but I discovered the Maze today. Gonna be running that one instead. I was pretty lucky in my maze runs until I read that you aren't guaranteed past the first room, and then my luck tanked haha. I figured everyone makes it to the end.

Np :). 1 of my 9 runs I could finish. Mostly it was few rooms and end :D.

Goldrush

Since Exdeath's LB isn't just pure dmg, it's really beneficial to level his LB up since it will increase the percentage of afflicting status. If it was me, I would avoid awakening the 3 star one until you're done grinding his LB since it will require less experience at 3 stars. It'll take a while, though, so I would max awaken/level the other one to use until then.

Rixa

Maxing out LBs is not that important. You hardly ever use them outside of maybe a few Defensive ones.

Since Exdeath's LB isn't just pure dmg, it's really beneficial to level his LB up since it will increase the percentage of afflicting status. It's easier to grind LB exp when he's 3 stars since it would need less experience. If it was me, I would max level the 4 stars to use and don't awaken the 3 star one until you're done grinding his LB.

We have player that has come back from hiatus. Do you @Goldrush think that he/she will have time / patience to grind LB?

Of course you can use LB pots to that 3* Exdeaths what you manage to get from this event. After event I would level & awaken both to 5* and benefit their raw power rather than try to level LB to 10 level before awakening it to 4*.

I see LB grind as waste of time.

Thanks for all the help everyone! I'd just like to say that apparently Cecil is the better unit to max the LB, so any pots I have will go toward that unit. But in general I probably won't be spending any significant amount of time leveling up LBs, I think.

Malakhov

Banned
Thanks for all the help everyone! I'd just like to say that apparently Cecil is the better unit to max the LB, so any pots I have will go toward that unit. But in general I probably won't be spending any significant amount of time leveling up LBs, I think.

Me neither, my craziness will stop at TMs!

Malakhov

Banned
I regret not pursuing Chizuru and doing 10+1 pulls on the prior banner instead of having wasted my lapis and time on Lightning...Aw well, feeling kind of bummed looking at all those cactuars with no one to use them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom