• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but I don't have any idea what they would do to improve her, outside of another EVO MAG buff (but, she already gets +30% at 5* though). With High Tide and max skill, Garnet should be able to effective summon practically everyone (likely guaranteed with Rydia every round). So... what else would be left to do but increase damage?

Well that or just make her a better healer lol

I already have a 3* Cecil who's LB I'm working on, so it even worthwhile to do the same with Charlotte?

Her LB sounds good, but I've pulled 3 of her thus far (yet no Lud... v_v). She will be far faster to TM than Cecil (and I'll prob end up with even more of her before the banner is over, >_>). Less time in TM grind = less LB ground. Plus, by the time she'd have a high enough LB, I'm sure 6* Cecil would be available.

chrono01

Starting to get pissed with this game. My main cannot draw a tank to save my life, and I'm seriously considering dropping it if things don't change soon. I have nothing to spend all these LB pots on either. I'm using the maze to upgrade my secondary account, but getting tired of this.

Think I may need a break. I'm not spending another dime on this until we get those guaranteed minimums like Japan, so for at least not six months. If they were smart, people would be more inclined to spend if they went ahead and implemented it now. Nothing worse than five star Raksasha. Or just get rid of those peasant four star max units completely.

Frustrated today..
Man, still no luck, huh? :/

Did you do a multi-summon on your main or just stick with the daily pulls/tickets? The only tank(s) I've received so far was from the only multi-summon I did. From what I've seen, it's extremely rare to do a multi-summon and not get at least one Charlotte out of it. If you did, and still didn't get her...I'm sorry. :(

I'll probably try to get Tilith the first time she'll be featured (with dailies and tickets the last day) but she almost won't be used until her 6*, don't really want to wait until the second banner, Vargas would drop the rates even more.
If we wait for her return though, we'll (hopefully) have the crystal change implemented, which means a multi-summon on her banner will give us a guaranteed 4* base, with her rate being up. Should be a decent way to grab her, assuming we get the change. We probably won't.

Lightning having a ridiculous rate is not the problem. The problem is pulling a rainbow crystal (which is supposed to be a once in a lifetime opportunity) and getting Rakshasa out of it. That's just ridiculous and a complete mockery of the rating system. The fact that they don't differentiate between how good and bad a unit at max rating is just adds to the problem. Anything that comes out of a rainbow crystal should be nothing but the absolute best.

I can go log in into Love Live right now, do an Honor Scout and chances are I'll get something useful even if I don't pull a UR. The SRs are so much better than the Rs that I don't feel like I wasted my gems even if I didn't get what I wanted.

If you do the same in this game, you'll get something completely worthless out of it like a 4* Bedile. That's where the frustration comes from.
This is my biggest issue with the game right now.

Since starting, I've pulled four rainbow crystals: Garland, Garnet, Hayate, and Warrior of Light (in that order). 3/4 of them were great and new to me (I already had a 3* Hayate, but I guess another Black Cowl doesn't hurt?), but if the crystal change was implemented at that time, I would have gotten four 5* base characters. Now the first two I pulled, Garland and Garnet, were done when a 5* base wasn't possible, so I can't really be upset about those. Warrior of Light I needed, so again, not terribly upset there. Hayate was the most upsetting. I received him as my daily 1/2 Lapis pull on the FIRST day Lightning was released. If it was as it is in Japan right now, that would have been a guaranteed Lightning. I would have pulled on the banner more regardless, for Ludmille and a tank, but knowing that I could have received my 5* character on the first 1/2 pull of a banner (under current/normal means in the Japanese version) is frustrating.

I can understand rainbow crystals not giving 5* base characters from the release of the game since, well...they didn't exist at that point in-time. However, once they did, they should have incorporated the change immediately. In all of my other gatcha games, when you pull a "rainbow" variant during a gatcha pull, you're guaranteed the best of the best.

- With Treasure Cruise, if you get a red poster, you receive a Legend unit.

- With Granblue Fantasy, if you get a full rainbow crystal, you're definitely receiving an SSR (character or summon).

- With School Idol Festival, if you receive the correct-colored envelope, a UR character is yours!

Seeing the ultra-rare crystal/poster/whatever, shouldn't lead to disappointment (unless you get a dupe). It should be an exciting moment where you can't wait to see what amazing character you pulled. As it is now, it's probably just an evolved form of a trash 3* character.

This is why I'm not doing any more multi-pulls (or ticket pulls, in-general) until they incorporate the change. I'll do my daily pulls, since they're cheap enough, but nothing beyond that. I wanted to do a 10+1 pull on Lightning's banner, since I like her as a character, and I wanted to see what it'd be like. I got a handful of nice characters out of it, so I don't regret anything, but I know I got lucky on that end. If they don't make the crystal change at all, I'll probably drop the game entirely, considering how diluted the pool will eventually get. If they don't change something, it'll be virtually impossible to pull anything of worth. Normally, it wouldn't be an issue, but if content just keeps getting more and more difficult...

TLDR; Gumi should absolutely incorporate the crystal change, and soon. It would encourage a lot of people (myself included) to pull more, since you'd have a better chance to get something out of it. Keep your player-base happy, and they're more likely to spend more and continue playing. Anger them, and well...

CCIE

Banned
I think there is a pattern to the maze - one of three. I've got to do a little more testing but I can get to the end every time if I get the first room right. If that continues, I will post the pattern that works for me

Lyrian

Double Summon?

BACK TO BACK ICE QUEEN

I'm curious if that is even possible in the same round. Seems like on Global, that Gumi has intentionally blocked most of the loopholes in the system that players on the JP server get to exploit.

I can understand rainbow crystals not giving 5* base characters from the release of the game since, well...they didn't exist at that point in-time. However, once they did, they should have incorporated the change immediately.

Seeing the ultra-rare crystal/poster/whatever, shouldn't lead to disappointment (unless you get a dupe). It should be an exciting moment where you can't wait to see what amazing character you pulled. As it is now, it's probably just an evolved form of a trash 3* character.

That's entirely poor planning on the gacha system. Yes, the system works itself out eventually as 6*s become more common. But, there **needed** to be a significant number of base 4s and 5s at the game's launch. The troll gold/rainbow crystals are simply an excuse for an incomplete gacha system that becomes fixed at a later date.

Seriously, how hard would have been to simply reassign some of the more desirable units at the game's launch to be base 4 or 5 units and avoid this problem entirely?

I think there is a pattern to the maze - one of three. I've got to do a little more testing but I can get to the end every time if I get the first room right. If that continues, I will post the pattern that works for me

That would be great. I've only just finally made it to Floor 4 for the first time (got the LB pot, yay!). Still no "wins" yet at the Maze.

Kitoro

So, let me get this straight... It's more cost efficient to max a Limit Break on a 3*, and the limit break will stay maxed as the unit evolves, even though the LB changes in later evolutions?

I've already got my best units at 5* already, save for Charlotte. Should I go ahead and start pouring some pots from the maze into her before I evolve her to 4*?

Thanks!

chrono01

That's entirely poor planning on the gacha system. Yes, the system works itself out eventually as 6*s become more common. But, there **needed** to be a significant number of base 4s and 5s at the game's launch. The troll gold/rainbow crystals are simply an excuse for an incomplete gacha system that becomes fixed at a later date.

Seriously, how hard would have been to simply reassign some of the more desirable units at the game's launch to be base 4 or 5 units and avoid this problem entirely?
Agreed.

They shouldn't have even had rainbow crystals in-game until a 5* base was ready. Granted, I'm not sure how they planned to handle units and their rarity when the game first launched, but even still, all gatcha games save the extra-special summon animation for the absolute top-tier/rare units. You should never receive an evolved version of a common unit from it.

I really hope Gumi isn't greedy, and they implement the changer sooner, rather than later. I have my hesitations on them doing it. :(

So, let me get this straight... It's more cost efficient to max a Limit Break on a 3*, and the limit break will stay maxed as the unit evolves, even though the LB changes in later evolutions?

I've already got my best units at 5* already, save for Charlotte. Should I go ahead and start pouring some pots from the maze into her before I evolve her to 4*?

Thanks!
You got it.

LB Level carries over evolution, so if your character is at 10/10 LB in their 3* form, when you evolve to 5*, they'll still be at 10/10 LB. As you evolve the cost in leveling the Limit Breaks increase, so if you're going to farm them, it's best to do in the earlier levels.

The best choice for LB Pots right now, that I can see, are Cecil/Exdeath/Lenna. If you have either of those at 3*, I'd recommend them. I'm not sure how recommended Charlotte's LB is.

Edit: Apparently I'm wrong, and don't know how LB carries over levels. Ignore me.

tuffymon

Thanks!

Not quite. Let's use Cecil since he's one of the most widely to do this. You get your 3* Cecil to 10/10 limit, than upgrade him to 4* he'll now be 10/15, and if you did it again immediately to 5*, 10/20. Thing is while each level increases the amount needed to level up, its faster to cap out what you can on 3*, do the same on 4*, than work on those impossible 5* numbers.

Did I get mixed up with something else, I thought the level limits rose on each evolution?

Syntsui

How open to suggestions is Gumi? Is there a channel of communication with then that is not their private support? Reddit/twitter/anything?

Jeffrey

They should just do it like brave frontier after years of refinement.

All 'rate up' units no matter the base rarity have the same %.

Think it averaged around 7%.

Zhadgon

Hello again, my daily pull a Ludmille (my second), still have 19 spots left in my friend list, my id is 122,944,657 if anyone wants to add me.

.n_n.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

This is not poor planning nor an incomplete system. This is a different design.

The current design is about 80% will be lower quality units while 20% will be good ones. This 20% composes of Blue, Yellow, and Rainbow.

Guess what also has a 20% Draw? Yellow and Rainbow crystals total.

If you want what you're saying, they'll move the good blue characters to Yellow and Yellow will become Rainbow. Blue will be completely worthless units or disposable ones. It will sure make the 10 and 1 draw more appealing. But there would be no hope for the blue.

The Japanese system works currently because most people have those units released a year ago anyways. This is how the power creep works, no different than an MMO. What you prized heavily is now common.

Also, there seems to be a rotating pattern to the Maze. I.E. One route will will be effective several times in a row(Based on hour or times?), Then switch over. But the route seems to mirror itself. At least in my bias so far. I'll be running the maze this week instead of TM Grinding. Or at least a split. For 10 energy, the Exp, Gold, Materials, and possible LB is great.

Kouriozan

Next banner is either Brave Frontier or Tactics
Or a Gumi surprise
Probably going to be Tactics otherwise doing an event with 6* mats without 6* units on the banner would be weird. The best that can happen is they jump directly on the FF4 event, I need my Cecil.

I feel like we are the only ones who haven't gotten any Ludmille draws yet. :(

Don't even get me started!!! D:

Or a Gumi surprise
Probably going to be Tactics otherwise doing an event with 6* mats without 6* units on the banner would be weird. The best that can happen is they jump directly on the FF4 event, I need my Cecil.

I'm grooming my cecil as much as I can, Aegis Shield will soon be mine!!!

Valentus

Or a Gumi surprise

I really think the next banner will be the complete FFXIII collection, because like we debated yesterday, the thirst for lightning is real, and one more week with lightning and all the gang together will be massive for gumi.

H3xum

Is my game bugged? Is Lid out and the Wind Shrine? The last thing I have access to is Windy Heights west and the Village of Ambel after it

Kouriozan

I really think the next banner will be the complete FFXIII collection, because like we debated yesterday, the thirst for lightning is real, and one more week with lightning and all the gang together will be massive for gumi.
Make sense, hope we'll know about it tomorrow.
Is my game bugged? Is Lid out and the Wind Shrine? The last thing I have access to is Windy Heights west and the Village of Ambel after it
Go to the zone left of the chocobo stable in Ambel to continue the story.

Kitoro

Or a Gumi surprise

From what I can tell, the Brave Frontier units are much better than the Final Fantasy Tactics units, right?

Also, which Brave Frontier units are on the banner?

I have 4 Ludmilles, I don't want these things you guys can have them.

giphy.gif

If you want to travel to México, fine by me, hope the airplane ticket is not to expensive :p

.n_n.

Sólo tiene que esperar...

right, left, center, center, left seems to work a lot for me in getting to the end in the maze

I'm pretty sure it's all random. I did center, right, center, right, center for a few times and made it to the end like 5 or 6 times earlier today in like 8 runs. My last 3 runs were straight to the end going to center first. RNG is a cruel bastard.

Lyrian

This is not poor planning nor an incomplete system. This is a different design.

The current design is about 80% will be lower quality units while 20% will be good ones. This 20% composes of Blue, Yellow, and Rainbow.

Guess what also has a 20% Draw? Yellow and Rainbow crystals total.

If you want what you're saying, they'll move the good blue characters to Yellow and Yellow will become Rainbow. Blue will be completely worthless units or disposable ones. It will sure make the 10 and 1 draw more appealing. But there would be no hope for the blue.

The Japanese system works currently because most people have those units released a year ago anyways. This is how the power creep works, no different than an MMO. What you prized heavily is now common.

I get what you are saying, but the system is still incomplete.

The changes to JP's gacha reflect likely the true intentions of the game's gacha, which is only possible once enough units are present in the summoning pool.

Right now, if that system was in place on Global, every rainbow would automatically be a Lightning, and every gold would be either Chiz, WoL, or Garnet.

A couple things are very wrong here:

-- Given the 80/19/1 system, there would be a 6.33% chance on every pull to pull one the base 4s, and a 100% chance to pull Lightning. That would be greater than the respective banner rates that each of the units were presented at.

-- The game is now 3 months old in Global. How in the world are there only 4 units in the ENTIRE game that are above base rarity? That is almost completely illogical in terms of a gacha.

Hence, the troll crystals are there because everyone via half price pulls would already own all four of the rare units. That's bad for business and bad gacha design.

The game on Global needed to launch with more units and more higher rarity units to avoid this needed artificial barrier. There is no reason why the trash cards (4* max) would remain blue, and all the FF units could not have been 4* bases. Move the gacha distribution rate to 70/29/1 (so 30%, same % as hitting a banner) and people probably would have been okay with that.

I believe that Gumi is aware of this problem as is the reason why they are pushing units so fast on Global (still not fast enough, though). That said, Gumi is trying to resolve a problem that didn't need to exist had more than 40-50 units in the total summoning pull (all at the same rarity) at the beginning of the game's life. **Some** rarity cadence already needed to be in place when the game launched and this problem wouldn't even have existed.

Valentus

From what I can tell, the Brave Frontier units are much better than the Final Fantasy Tactics units, right?

Also, which Brave Frontier units are on the banner?

Tilith 6star is a top 5 unit of the entire game.

Karl and Seria are crap.

For the tactics banner, there are 2 batches, the first batch (ramza, delita, agrias, gafgarion, alma, mustadio) and the second banner (Orlandu, Ovelia, Soleil (BE unit) and Lawrence (BE unit))

For the first batch, i can tell that none of those units are mindblowing. Ramza is a all-terrain support unit that can learn Ultima. Delita is a knight unit with a lot of breaks, but no fullbreak. Agrias is a full break unit with cura,protectga and a custom version of barrage. Alma is a vanilla healer with ultima. Gafgarion and Mustadio are crap.

But the second batch, has the king of the game, Orlandu. Ovelia is a healer with the 4 cures, esuna and raise. Soleil is a dancer that does 1 turn dances that can go up ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR of the party by 60% (4 different dances for each stat).

Actually, when Orlandu and Soleil comes to global, i think the meta party of FFBE will involve orlandu and soleil for a long time (like JP)

fester

Banned
If money isn't an issue it's pretty clear that the $75 option nabs you the best bang for your buck.

$75 on a mobile game that is just going to make everything obsolete in several months is just madness to me. You can have plenty of fun with the game without spending huge sums of cash. These games are monetized around people's lack of patience and poor understanding of statistics.

Celegus

Back from our week long vacation, kinda bummed I missed all the craziness around Lightning. I haven't gotten anyone on banner yet with dailies, might have to throw tickets at it until I get Ludmille. Is she worth using at all or just a TM machine like Zidane? Maze thing seems neat, though I didn't notice any unusual 6* materials like it says about, unless they're super rare.

Lyrian

Back from our week long vacation, kinda bummed I missed all the craziness around Lightning. I haven't gotten anyone on banner yet with dailies, might have to throw tickets at it until I get Ludmille. Is she worth using at all or just a TM machine like Zidane? Maze thing seems neat, though I didn't notice any unusual 6* materials like it says about, unless they're super rare.

Ludmille: Looks awkward. Low stats hurt pretty much everything, but learning Stonega could be situationally niche useful (until someone else learns that natively). Might be okay as a backup second healer, I guess. So yeah, generally a TM unit.

6* materials aren't in the game yet until the 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom