• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
This is where Iam now with this ability lag :(

Vaan 9 seconds
Lasswell 10 seconds
Krile 11 seconds
Medius 4 seconds
Shantotto 17! seconds

Before yesterdays patch it wasn't so bad but after patch time to open abilities has doubled.

Yup!

But is it like this in the jp veraion as well? If so, we are all doomed becaused this means they wont fix it in the future.

Jeffrey

only a split second lag on iphone 6+.

do note that alim's engine is single threaded on android.

Brave Frontier global runs like ass on even the most recent galaxy s7.

Rixa

Is this english version official? How can I get it?

Yup!

But is it like this in the jp veraion as well? If so, we are all doomed becaused this means they wont fix it in the future.
No lag in JP

only a split second lag on iphone 6+.

Brave Frontier global runs like ass on even the most recent galaxy s7.
Crap :/ Sony Xperia Z2 here.
same here. iphone 6s+, runs perfectly smooth.

So are there any notable Silver chests on the second island?
Reddit silver chests in 2nd island. I did ask it from Nazta
RixGAF:
Since I crafted my first Key yesterday, are any of those chest "Must have"?

Nazta:
No must-haves, the Bar-Ras are situationally very good and muscle belt can be useful, that's about it.

bonkeng

This is where Iam now with this ability lag :(

Vaan 9 seconds
Lasswell 10 seconds
Krile 11 seconds
Medius 4 seconds
Shantotto 17! seconds

Before yesterdays patch it wasn't so bad but after patch time to open abilities has doubled.

Weird, mine loads just fine, No lag.

Colo, story quest or vortex all loads without lag for me, both in battle and menu.

Edit: I'm using Android phone OS 6.0.1.

Ran into Cloud's Buster Sword for sale at Grand Port weapon shop. They even have a recipe to make more. Now that I have Fina I'm going to start focusing on leveling her and see how helpful she is.

Takuan

Came upon this thread (not sure how I missed it initially) and downloaded the APK. Took maybe 6-7 re-rolls before I got a good starting unit (Exdeath).

So I was just grinding explore mode and suddenly stopped getting encounters, and seem to be stuck in there now. Every time I leave, I get a connection error. No issues logging back in, however.

Kouriozan

Finally got Fina as well, farewell Anastasis, you won't be missed.
My first step going into Grandport was getting the Earth Key n°7 for that sweet Bio Blaster recipe <3

Missing 3 trophies for the Hero Ring recipe, there is 2 I can get easily, by the time I'll have the mats I should be able to get it.
EDIT : just got the 300k damage trophy, only 3 more items to craft + 10 more quests left.

No.
People are assuming we're getting it after maintenance.

Because they want to reroll using the 10 free rolls.

If the reward gets tied to facebook though, rerollers won't be able to efficiently reroll unless they don't care about creating multiple facebook accounts.

Ah, I see. 10 rerolls does sound tempting... but not enough to give up my current account, so I'll take what I get. :)

Thanks for clearing both things up!

Rixa

Weird, mine loads just fine, No lag.

Colo, story quest or vortex all loads without lag for me, both in battle and menu.

Edit: I'm using Android phone OS 6.0.1.

Just to make sure we understand each other :). It doesnt matter if Iam in colo or normal battle. This pic is from BGN S5 colo (Europa)
Screenshot_20160608-203936.png
If I now would swipe Vaan to right (to open ability skill menu) lag would happen and its at the moment for Vaan 5-8 seconds. Thats the only time for me when lag happens, when Iam going to open abilities / skills from unit.

Does anyone know when you unlock Fina?
Yep just got her and used some of those EXP units to get her from starting
level 20 **
up to level 50 5*. I could go further as I'm not sure I'll be using tickets right now

You get after the following location on the second island
Lechios Hills which is 7 locations in excluding towns

Just to make sure we understand each other :). It doesnt matter if Iam in colo or normal battle. This pic is from BGN S5 colo (Europa)

If I now would swipe Vaan to right (to open ability skill menu) lag would happen and its at the moment for Vaan 5-8 seconds. Thats the only time for me when lag happens, when Iam going to open abilities / skills from unit.

I think it happens for everyone in non-JP Android. The time is proportional to the number of skills the character has, which makes opening mages' menus painful. For me it's over half a second per skill, so over 5 seconds for a char with 10 skills.

Strangely, from videos, it seems to be instant for the Japanese version, so they either introduced a bug when localizing it, or they fixed it in Japan and our version doesn't have the fix yet. Anyone who has been playing the JP version from the start remembers about this?

For the record, it's not limited to character skills. Item lists from the main menu do the same, which means it takes quite a while to load the materials list, for example. Notice it doesn't connect anywhere, it just takes a lot of time for no reason.

Vex_

Banned
I think it happens for everyone in non-JP Android. The time is proportional to the number of skills the character has, which makes opening mages' menus painful. For me it's over half a second per skill, so over 5 seconds for a char with 10 skills.

Strangely, from videos, it seems to be instant for the Japanese version, so they either introduced a bug when localizing it, or they fixed it in Japan and our version doesn't have the fix yet. Anyone who has been playing the JP version from the start remembers about this?

For the record, it's not limited to character skills. Item lists from the main menu do the same, which means it takes quite a while to load the materials list, for example. Notice it doesn't connect anywhere, it just takes a lot of time for no reason.

. I have the android version on my tablet as well and it does this.

If what they said above is true

Then that explains everything. Because while I have a quad core processor, it is only clocked at 1.2 ghz :/ which basically means Im gonna get my shit pushed in every time I select a move unless they rewrite their engine.

We're doomed.

bonkeng

Yes i understood what you meant. I also tried using Exdeath, Bartz and Cecil from my friend lists, together with my Vaan it loads pretty quickly for me during battle (Colo and Quest) when i swipe to right for skills.

As I've said above, I'm using Android and I haven't encountered this problem yet.

My phone is a Motorola Nexus 6 with Android OS 6.0.1.

Maybe it affects most Android, but certainly not all.

linkent

Damn i sold my pearl of wisdom (99stack instead of the 12 stack)
Is there any place to buy it? Or list of merchant item?
Where should i farm those?

Rixa

Damn i sold my pearl of wisdom (99stack instead of the 12 stack)
Is there any place to buy it? Or list of merchant item?
Where should i farm those?

If you dont have urgent need now, I wouldnt farm it, cause its failry common drop. And I dont know where to exactly farm it either :D.

Since I dont have better abilities to put on, crafting many +10% def abilities.

linkent

If you dont have urgent need now, I wouldnt farm it, cause its failry common drop. And I dont know where to exactly farm it either :D.

Since I dont have better abilities to put on, crafting many +10% def abilities.

Got 3 from doing the story.
It is so common so i thought i will be able to buy it like beast meat. (Already sold 3-400 of them)
Seriously these mats should be capped at 999.
Guess they really want people to spend lapiz on the box limit.

Dandte

Got 3 from doing the story.
It is so common so i thought i will be able to buy it like beast meat. (Already sold 3-400 of them)
Seriously these mats should be capped at 999.
Guess they really want people to spend lapiz on the box limit.

You can buy it at the Same Place as the meat

So the Cactuar Dunes are up again and they just announced a fusion success rate up (better chances of getting x1.5 and x2 EXP)...which starts right after the Cactuar Dunes closes. So basically fill up your unit inventory up with Metal Cactuar then use them once the success rate boost hits.

Also lands of plenty is coming back...hope they have more than the easiest difficulty this time.

So the Cactuar Dunes are up again and they just announced a fusion success rate up (better chances of getting x1.5 and x2 EXP)...which starts right after the Cactuar Dunes closes. So basically fill up your unit inventory up with Metal Cactuar then use them once the success rate boost hits.

That's a pretty Gumi thing to do.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fina, Golem, Shiva get.

Man these Exploration maps are getting larger and larger lol. So what are the best stages to run once you are done with the story ? I would like to start working on Espers but my Ifrit is still at lvl 20 and he got like all the exp ever since i started playing. Any stage recommendations for Esper training ? Or should i just wait for the Vortex stages to return ?

PS. Was able to craft Steal, so i dont need to bring a shitty f2p 3* unit along anymore.

linkent

Colosseum INT D3 clear reward.
damn.. really need to beat europa now..
hope it will be easier with silence blade and barthundara..

Fina, Golem, Shiva get.

Man these Exploration maps are getting larger and larger lol. So what are the best stages to run once you are done with the story ? I would like to start working on Espers but my Ifrit is still at lvl 20 and he got like all the exp ever since i started playing. Any stage recommendations for Esper training ? Or should i just wait for the Vortex stages to return ?

PS. Was able to craft Steal, so i dont need to bring a shitty f2p 3* unit along anymore.
Farm those
Fire Megacryst (x10) : Zadehl Westersands Exploration
Ice Megacryst (x10) : Wolf's Fang? Exploration (The snowy mountain one)
Silver Ore (x3) : Phantom Forest Exploration

make Hero's Ring.

Exploration maps lag bad for me, so I'm just going to wait for them to add the Magicite Vortex before I worry about buffing up my Espers.

Rixa

Since I wanted something to replace maxed Lasswell cause he is not giving any TM.
Collected 5k Lapis and bought 11 tix and was thinking to pull them all. Eventually I made six pulls:
- 3* Galuf
- 3* Cecil \o/ holy moly \o/
- 3* Fran (dupe)
- 3* Vivi
- 4* Anzelm
- 3* Edgar (dupe).

My party is setup for the future, now its time to do something and grind Cactuars and use them to Cecil when next event start. I did left 5 pulls to future, I really dont have any needs to pull for long time, but you never know when the gacha fever starts to itch.
TMs are grinded in 1 month time. Somehow Iam still missing Russell & Shadow :p.

Lundren

Banned
Yep just got her and used some of those EXP units to get her from starting
level 20 **
up to level 50 5*. I could go further as I'm not sure I'll be using tickets right now

You get after the following location on the second island
Lechios Hills which is 7 locations in excluding towns

Thank you.

Since I wanted something to replace maxed Lasswell cause he is not giving any TM.
Collected 5k Lapis and bought 11 tix and was thinking to pull them all. Eventually I made six pulls:
- 3* Galuf
- 3* Cecil o/ holy moly o/
- 3* Fran (dupe)
- 3* Vivi
- 4* Anzelm
- 3* Edgar (dupe).

My party is setup for the future, now its time to do something and grind Cactuars and use them to Cecil when next event start. I did left 5 pulls to future, I really dont have any needs to pull for long time, but you never know when the gacha fever starts to itch.

TMs are grinded in 1 month time. Somehow Iam still missing Russell & Shadow :p.

This really makes me want to try for better characters. I've pulled twice and gotten Shantotto and Rydia. I have enough lapis to get the tickets but I'm not sure if I should wait for a rate up or not. I've seen those videos of people not getting what they want even during rate ups.

Heng

Is this english version official? How can I get it?
So how do you even get this game right now? is there a download off site?
It's listed in the OP. It's not officially released, still in beta mode. Everything will carry over to the official release though.

mXuQI3I.png

vpwjJTX.png

Developer: A-Lim
Publisher: Square Enix
Distributor(s): (JP) Square Enix / (WW) Gumi Asia
Price: Free (with IAP)
Platforms: iOS & Android
*as of right now iOS version is only available from the Swedish app store, you're going to have to create a fake account to download it
*Android version v0.1.4 works with rooted devices.

Visceir

Was so sure I'd be actively playing global, but instead I've been just neglecting it while focusing on JP version instead.

Will probably check back on it when they hand out those summon tickets.

Haven't seen many impressions of the second island here, how are you guys liking it?

Pejo

Was so sure I'd be actively playing global, but instead I've been just neglecting it while focusing on JP version instead.

Haven't seen many impressions of the second island here, how are you guys liking it?

It's nothing really groundbreaking yet. The story is playing out extremely predictably. It's nice to have some new towns and exploration areas to poke around in. I'm super overpowered for the current content so I've been taking my 5th deep team through it. I am excited to get some new summons though, whenever they unlock.

Been pulling 1 pull a week, hoping I randomly get lucky and get a Vaan. Full break is legit, and it's starting to become apparent that it's really good to have on later Colosseum bosses. I hope we get a rate up banner soon, currency in these gacha games always burn a hole in my pocket.

chrono01

I'm starting to feel like this is going to be another "Phantom of the Kill" situation. Soft-launch in limited Countries for a long time and then, by the time they're finally ready to release it, people interested in it will have moved on and found something else to occupy their time. I really hope this isn't the case.

From the E3 SE stream, it sounds like the Japanese developers are eager to release it as soon as possible, but from the way I interpreted it, they're waiting on Gumi (for whatever reason). Gumi is probably too busy tweaking the in-game events to lower the drop-rate for units, or make them unnecessarily more difficult so people spend in-game currency to continue/refresh stamina.

Sorry if I sound bitter, my history with Gumi has been...let's say, tragic. :/

I've been enjoying it a lot. Great to have new quests to do, new espers and equipment for my party. I've been enjoying running around the new towns and exploration dungeons. Nice to get some more of the story too.

With all the time we had between the launch and the second island, I'm super overpowered and I've been able to easily auto battle everything, but that hasn't bothered me since I know there will be really challenging stuff coming up. Also can't wait for a rate up on a banner. I've only pulled like 4 times so far and I have nearly 6,000 lapis, but I've been holding strong for rate ups since that seems like the smart thing to do. I'll probably do a pull or two soon if we don't get info on the release date next week.

Aurizen

I'm starting to feel like this is going to be another "Phantom of the Kill" situation. Soft-launch in limited Countries for a long time and then, by the time they're finally ready to release it, people interested in it will have moved on and found something else to occupy their time. I really hope this isn't the case.

From the E3 SE stream, it sounds like the Japanese developers are eager to release it as soon as possible, but from the way I interpreted it, they're waiting on Gumi (for whatever reason). Gumi is probably too busy tweaking the in-game events to lower the drop-rate for units, or make them unnecessarily more difficult so people spend in-game currency to continue/refresh stamina.

Sorry if I sound bitter, my history with Gumi has been...let's say, tragic. :/

you're probably right :/ But I'd assume rates are already set.

I've heard that the Japanese version is more generous in terms of Lapis and such (ex. more lapis from dailies), but has it always been like that, or did it start like the western version and they increased it later?

Also, are pulls ever on sale, or have they always been 500 lapis during the entire story of the Japanese version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom