• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Comparing our testruns, your Golbez prolly critted?

Imperil from Terra (Ramuh), so add 20% to your number.

Also, kind of like physical weapons, Espers have a damage range. But, unlike weapons, espers seems to have just a "low" number and a "high" number, with nothing in between. Seems random which one the game picks on a summon. The difference is relatively small percentage-wise (1-2%), but can translate to tens of thousands of damage at 700-800k and higher.

So 654066 * 1.2 = 784879

The game likely rolled the "low" damage result on that cast instead of the "high" one in my screenshot.

Rixa

Imperil from Terra (Ramuh), so add 20% to your number.

Also, kind of like physical weapons, Espers have a damage range. But, unlike weapons, espers seems to have just a "low" number and a "high" number, with nothing in between. Seems random which one the game picks on a summon. The difference is relatively small percentage-wise (1-2%), but can translate to tens of thousands of damage at 700-800k and higher.

So 654066 * 1.2 = 784879

The game likely rolled the "low" damage result on that cast instead of the "high" one in my screenshot.
Yeah, I dont have Ramuh yet. That explains why in my testruns I had Garnet + Shiva doing 469 - 496k (or something).

Ok so now how about practical application

which espers will be most effective and is this just a tool where esper damage would be most effective?

The recent string of bosses have basically been resistant to damn near everything so regardless youll have to tough out many rounds

Pejo

Got some more sweet Clyne action this morning on the daily pull. I really need to finish up the rest of the story content, I've been throwing all my energy at the maze for the time being, trying to get the star quartz, screamroots, and limit pots. I am glad we had this event now instead of another longer exploration based one. I'm having a hard time keeping up with depleting my stamina as is.

Rixa

Got some more sweet Clyne action this morning on the daily pull. I really need to finish up the rest of the story content, I've been throwing all my energy at the maze for the time being, trying to get the star quartz, screamroots, and limit pots. I am glad we had this event now instead of another longer exploration based one. I'm having a hard time keeping up with depleting my stamina as is.

Some sweet Clyne action :p~. There is no rush to finish story, just do the Maze as much as you want. Story is here next week, Maze is not.

Lyrian

Golbez / Golbez / Rydia (5* ofc) / Garnet / Rydia?

The Golbezs are probably irrelevant.

For the system to work, the only thing that matters is that limits bars are filled and the summon bar gets fully filled each turn.

Hard to say without testing, but I think 5* Rydia + 5* Garnet might be sufficient on their own to do this. A safety measure can be added by bring Bartz for Entrust if for some reason RNG trolls the player on LB crystal distribution.

The strangeness in all of this (and hence the reason I smell smoke here) is that when you look at the kits given to 5* Rydia and 5* Garnet, that they are almost mirrors to each other, in the same way that Cecil is a defensive tank while WoL an the offensive tank.

At 5* Rydia is the more powerful summoner over Garnet, as she ends up with EVO MAG +60 (compared to Garnet's +40). On the other hand, 5* Garnet wins in pure summoning speed with High Tide and fills her LB bar twice as fast as Rydia.

If Reddit's Wiki is correct (it is quite wrong on everything summon related in general), then at max LB skill, Garnet only needs 5 LB crystals to max her bar (skilling her LB gets her cost down to 10, and High Tide counts all incoming LB crystals twice for credit, so effectively 5 are needed).

The possible design flaw here is that both of share a common resource that they add to, the summon bar, that can leveraged for probably unintended benefits and synergy.

So ultimately, min/maxing would suggest chaining Garnet's much faster LB into Rydia's more powerful summon for maximum damage. 5 LB crystals should be rather easy to obtain per round in a full party of 5* or 6* units.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
0hLksqU.jpg

Current party, although sometimes Garnet gets replaced with Rain.

For the system to work, the only thing that matters is that limits bars are filled and the summon bar gets fully filled each turn.

Hard to say without testing, but I think 5* Rydia + 5* Garnet might be sufficient on their own to do this. A safety measure can be added by bring Bartz for Entrust if for some reason RNG trolls the player on LB crystal distribution.

The strangeness in all of this (and hence the reason I smell smoke here) is that when you look at the kits given to 5* Rydia and 5* Garnet, that they are almost mirrors to each other, in the same way that Cecil is a defensive tank while WoL an the offensive tank.

At 5* Rydia is the more powerful summoner over Garnet, as she ends up with EVO MAG +60 (compared to Garnet's +40). On the other hand, 5* Garnet wins in pure summoning speed with High Tide and fills her LB bar twice as fast as Rydia.

If Reddit's Wiki is correct (it is quite wrong on everything summon related in general), then at max LB skill, Garnet only needs 5 LB crystals to max her bar (skilling her LB gets her cost down to 10, and High Tide counts all incoming LB crystals twice for credit, so effectively 5 are needed).

The possible design flaw here is that both of share a common resource that they add to, the summon bar, that can leveraged for probably unintended benefits and synergy.

So ultimately, min/maxing would suggest chaining Garnet's much faster LB into Rydia's more powerful summon for maximum damage. 5 LB crystals should be rather easy to obtain per round in a full party of 5* or 6* units.

Fuck now I wish I had a Garnet

Rydia should be fine though

Rixa

Current party, although sometimes Garnet gets replaced with Rain.
I had always some issues to use "Hero units" (Story chars), cause they dont have TM at all. Thus for me using Story Char was that they steal TM :p. If its possible, try to run with Garnet as much as possible and use Rain only when its absolutely required. Obviously Rain 6* in future will be good (Iam not going to use it). :)

Fuck now I wish I had a Garnet

Rydia should be fine though
I dont have Bartz :p

Alright, now many of you are math majors!??!
Definitely not me. I didnt write maths in High School finals :p. I graduated from High School 23 years ago (After that I went to Business College and graduated as Diploma in Business and Administration in Foreign Trade) :p

I hated math in school...

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I had always some issues to use "Hero units" (Story chars), cause they dont have TM at all. Thus for me using Story Char was that they steal TM :p. If its possible, try to run with Garnet as much as possible and use Rain only when its absolutely required. Obviously Rain 6* in future will be good (Iam not going to use it). :)
Yeah, but sometimes I need the extra damage and to break the enemies' attack. I just got both Garnet and Rain up to that level. Garnet's actually super useful, since she fills the summon gauge with her LB which she gets very quickly due to high tide (or whatever).

Xion86

Urgh....so I've maxed out all the standard summon points I can get. It's such a chore using them, then having to enhance each of them. Already got the TMs for most of them. What are you all doing? Just selling your standard dupes straight away? Or switching to getting Crysts?

Urgh....so I've maxed out all the standard summon points I can get. It's such a chore using them, then having to enhance each of them. Already got the TMs for most of them. What are you all doing? Just selling your standard dupes straight away? Or switching to getting Crysts?

Hoarding them for the next standard summon cactuars event i suppose

I could grind more TMs but yea its super tedious

The role of FP summons needs to be overhauled

Valus

Just spending and selling 90% of the units straight away. Only keep a few for TM grinding. Once I get the FP gold achievement I'll probably just let them rot.

Rixa

Yeah I have been in 99999 FP over week. So long from last friend point event (had 0 FP after last), I havent claimed FP that my friends have sent to me.

If I could, I would change all 99999 FP to one LB pot or something. Kinda worthless outside FP event (then its Cactuars Iam after).

Yeah I have been in 99999 FP over week. So long from last friend point event (had 0 FP after last), I havent claimed FP that my friends have sent to me.

If I could, I would change all 99999 FP to one LB pot or something. Kinda worthless outside FP event (then its Cactuars Iam after).

Yeah there need to be a FP shop or SOMETHING

Hell even a small chance at a premium summon would be nice

Or convert FP into a summon ticket

Anything. At least the FP summon evens give you catuars and turtles

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
if they overhaul anything, let it be the unit management system. why when i click on view unit can i not sell / enhance / awaken from that screen? why does the sorting system suck so bad? why does my party stick to the top when i'm looking for dupes?

GG-Duo

if they overhaul anything, let it be the unit management system. why when i click on view unit can i not sell / enhance / awaken from that screen? why does the sorting system suck so bad? why does my party stick to the top when i'm looking for dupes?

I would say they need to fix the Equipment screen first. It's such a pain to manage euqipment between characters.

CCIE

Banned
So my main account has become absolutely ridiculous with damage dealers, but no tanks. I pulled Golbez the other day, and now he is maxed as well. I have every single MAGE unit in the game, and every major damage dealer except for Lightning. And NOT ONE SINGLE TANK... It's almost unbelievable at this point. I even maxed Kain, Rydia, and Krile in anticipation of their five star forms.

I'm maxing second Kefka, just because right now. The third one will combine with number two in order to get a second ribbon faster, I think.

On my alternate account, I have Lightning, Vaan, Charlotte, and Garnett. The lack of damage dealers just plain sucks, but then again I haven't done any daily pulls on that account to date since I have all of the units from the current banner. And I am forced to use Shantotto as a mage, because I have no-one else right now. Bottom of the totem pole sucks, but I should have some major lapis to throw at daily pulls and good banners soon on account #2. However, cannot clear White Dragon with current setup, which is pathetic. Only Lightning and Charlotte close to max at this time

Question for the board. No Cecil.. Should I throw all my LB pots into Lenna #2 at 3*, then max her later on - fuse the current 5* into her? No damned idea what to do with them.

Xion86

Just spending and selling 90% of the units straight away. Only keep a few for TM grinding. Once I get the FP gold achievement I'll probably just let them rot.

Yeah I'm just going for that achievement really. But now each day I'll have to use and sell as I've reached max, was also waiting until we get Gil and XP from standard summons.

Oh Chilly, have I mentioned that I ended up getting so many Ludmille's that I reached 100% TM? :/ don't kill me (Charlotte too). *Hides*. No Lightning, Chiz or Cecil here though :p.

Hmm only gotten 2 LB pots since this event started, ended up reaching to the end in 1 or 2 rooms so many times, very annoying. But I do love the event, so many Cactuars, Sacred Crystals and other bits.

I also have the same question as CCIE above please.

Question for the board. No Cecil.. Should I throw all my LB pots into Lenna #2 at 3*, then max her later on - fuse the current 5* into her? No damned idea what to do with them.

Save the pots!!!

Oh Chilly, have I mentioned that I ended up getting so many Ludmille's that I reached 100% TM? :/ don't kill me (Charlotte too). *Hides*. No Lightning, Chiz or Cecil here though :p.

So here is what we're gonna do.

Start running, just in a straight line, in one direction.

Can you out run a bullet?

CAN U

CCIE

Banned
I have 15 LB pots just sitting, waiting to be used. I'm going to have to go back to TMR, because I am running out of units to max on account #1

Kettch

I've probably gotten about 10 pots. On the flip side, I'm now 3/12 picking the minituars at the end. Apparently I suck at coin flips.

CCIE

Banned
You have to remember all the baking that I did on the last event. I bought every damned thing of value and sold the leftover cakes... There were a bunch of LB pots from that alone.

CCIE

Banned
I don't think I could ever give up my primary, because it has a LOT of stuff in it. I even have two Splendor swords from the event before. No freaking tank to equip them with, but you have to think eventually the game will give me a tank. I even have two of most of the major damage dealing units that aren't four star base, maxed and sitting on the sidelines, including two CoD strictly for PvP arena. I'm leveling up Kefka #2 for the Hell of it...

The secondary account is definitely a struggle. I am still in the Westersand, because I am using the maze to level most of my units. I have Lightning close to maxed, Charlotte close to maxed, and am working on Garnett. But the difference between the accounts is staggering. Here's hoping I can get some good dailies together so I can begin to make some headway with the account.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is a dumb finding about the The Enchanted Maze but it's real: if you max out your unit inventory and get to the last stage of the map, they'll be green cactuars instead and will spit out either star quartz or scream roots. Huh.

So what are they giving new players for the moment in terms of tickets/lapis for starter rolling purposes? Thinking about doing a few rerolls for a possible alt account. If it's less than an 11 roll though not worth the trouble.

So my main account has become absolutely ridiculous with damage dealers, but no tanks. I pulled Golbez the other day, and now he is maxed as well. I have every single MAGE unit in the game, and every major damage dealer except for Lightning. And NOT ONE SINGLE TANK... It's almost unbelievable at this point. I even maxed Kain, Rydia, and Krile in anticipation of their five star forms.

I'm maxing second Kefka, just because right now. The third one will combine with number two in order to get a second ribbon faster, I think.

On my alternate account, I have Lightning, Vaan, Charlotte, and Garnett. The lack of damage dealers just plain sucks, but then again I haven't done any daily pulls on that account to date since I have all of the units from the current banner. And I am forced to use Shantotto as a mage, because I have no-one else right now. Bottom of the totem pole sucks, but I should have some major lapis to throw at daily pulls and good banners soon on account #2. However, cannot clear White Dragon with current setup, which is pathetic. Only Lightning and Charlotte close to max at this time

I'm in the exact same boat as you my dear (your main account) except that I can't get Physical attackers. I literally don't have a single one. My units used for physical attacking are WoL and Vaan haha I have all the best tanks save Amarant, I have Kefka and ExDeath for magic, and Lenna and Garnett for healing with Vaan for utility. So awesome units that will get me through content but lord, why couldn't I get ANY of the good physical attackers when I went all ham for Lightning? No Light is one thing but no Chiz, Bartz, CoD, Fencer, or any other physical attackers either. It's so bizarre. I WILL get Orlandu, dammit!

Razmos

This is a dumb finding about the The Enchanted Maze but it's real: if you max out your unit inventory and get to the last stage of the map, they'll be green cactuars instead and will spit out either star quartz or scream roots. Huh.
Nah. There are 2 choices at the end. Choosing the correct one gives you the 3 minutuars that drop star quartz and screamroot, choosing incorrectly gives you the metal Gigantuar as usual.

CCIE

Banned
Squall - that is why I cannot gripe too much because I have pretty much every physical attacker with the exception of Lightning, including many multiples. I also have every single MAGE unit, including three Kefka. For some reason though I cannot seem to draw Zidane, Locke, or a tank of any sort. I even have four Ludmille now, yet Charlotte evades me

Hippo puncher - it starts with ten...

CCIE

Banned
Eeeked out a victory against the White Dragon on Account #2.. Once I get Charlotte just a little more leveled up, I may take one of my whale friends and try to get the Enhancer from the Vortex trial... She would look good with it for now

Kettch

So what are they giving new players for the moment in terms of tickets/lapis for starter rolling purposes? Thinking about doing a few rerolls for a possible alt account. If it's less than an 11 roll though not worth the trouble.

It was 11 pulls a few days ago, not sure when the 5 ticket event is ending though.

Would the masses be upset if they extended the current banner another week? Just curious.

It's one of the best if not the best banners they've ever done in Global (not counting the vote one) so a good one to keep drawing the daily half off for. On the other hand, I don't mind starting to save every lapis penny for Orlandu so I'm fine either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom