• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

finally got around to attempting brocio.

This is bullshit lol. like... there isn't any strategy besides guarding ultima, everything else is just rng... like wtf is up with the snort mechanic?

Love how the only way to get the unit back is with lapis, not revive...

Is this boss required to beat for later content? Because im not spending lapis for a bow that I have no 5* archer atm to use.

Just wait and beat it at a later date with stronger units. The bosses never go away, Broc can wait till later

This is bullshit lol. like... there isn't any strategy besides guarding ultima, everything else is just rng... like wtf is up with the snort mechanic?

Is this boss required to beat for later content? Because im not spending lapis for a bow that I have no 5* archer atm to use.

There are mutiple strats but many of them require certain characters

Break skills, Focus, Sealing Blade, Charlotte Shellga, etc.

Many ways to deal with Ultima but the Snort RNG can fuck ya... So yeah

Yeah don't kill yourself (HUR) over it, the reward is nice but niche, want until you have a stronger team.

Jeffrey

yeah brocio is definitely a dps game. Kill it quick enough before rng screws you.

Kinda lame it eats your items even if you fail.

and you can't cheese it by restarting the app.

Rixa

I'm waiting for a more interesting banner personally. If you do a daily pull and have no story quests available, you won't recover the amount spent without paying money.

This was already answered to you in this thread by other person, but I will answer again:

For example redoing: "Earth Shrine - Entrance", story quest that costs whopping 1 NRG, 3 times, counts as 3 story quests.

tl;dr You can redo story quests and they count in "Daily Quest", so that is not a problem.

Syntsui

This was already answered to you in this thread by other person, but I will answer again:

For example redoing: "Earth Shrine - Entrance", story quest that costs whopping 1 NRG, 3 times, counts as 3 story quests.

tl;dr You can redo story quests and they count in "Daily Quest", so that is not a problem.

?????????

So what? Daily pull costs 250 lapis, daily quests prize is 50 lapis, there is a current event that givest another 100 lapis. That's 100 lapis short for another daily pull.

Unless his rank level is low enough to level up daily and gain another 100 lapis, then the he will break even after spending 250 lapis on a daily pull.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm waiting for a more interesting banner personally. If you do a daily pull and have no story quests available, you won't recover the amount spent without paying money.

Pretty much where I'm at, 10pull got all 3 banner units (lol)

Rixa

?????????

So what? Daily pull costs 250 lapis, daily quests prize is 50 lapis, there is a current event that givest another 100 lapis. That's 100 lapis short for another daily pull.

Unless his rank level is low enough to level up daily and gain another 100 lapis, then the he will break even after spending 250 lapis on a daily pull.

Ah, now I see what you meant. I thought you didnt know that story quest can be redone for daily quest.

Other ways to get Lapis:

- Colosseum gives Lapis as reward when clearing certain ranks
- Leveling gives Lapis (100 rank is level cap atm)
- Gold Trophies do give 500 Lapis each

Thats about it. If you have done everything that gives one time Lapis then you can do only one daily pull per 5 days. You can hope that devs give extra Lapis.

Syntsui

Ah, now I see what you meant. I thought you didnt know that story quest can be redone for daily quest.

Other ways to get Lapis:

- Colosseum gives Lapis as reward when clearing certain ranks
- Leveling gives Lapis (100 rank is level cap atm)
- Gold Trophies do give 500 Lapis each

Thats about it. If you have done everything that gives one time Lapis then you can do only one daily pull per 5 days. You can hope that devs give extra Lapis.

Yeah, that pretty much my situation, most of the trophies are far from being completed so the most reliable way to get lapis are the dailies. That's why I prefer to save up for a more interesting banner, which I hope comes tomorrow.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is dumb but I actually need gil after using so much leveling my near-max units with metal cactuars. Like 8-10-15K once get up to the 60s-70s? I had 60-70K gil a couple days ago and now I have 200.

I know gil is plentiful but atm i'm in a pinch -- any suggestions?

This is dumb but I actually need gil after using so much leveling my near-max units with metal cactuars. Like 8-10-15K once get up to the 60s-70s? I had 60-70K gil a couple days ago and now I have 200.

Do friend pulls, get them to 2* max level with the smaller cactuars, sell for profit.

I make a LOT of gil from FP summons and TM farming so unless you maxed out your friends list or Nox Farm

I would suggest the current event dungeon

So many turtles

Rixa

Yeah, that pretty much my situation, most of the trophies are far from being completed so the most reliable way to get lapis are the dailies. That's why I prefer to save up for a more interesting banner, which I hope comes tomorrow.

I think I havent done any 10+1 after game officially released. Its been single pulls here and there (before 250 daily) and tix pulls. In the future plan is to go by saving tix and doing daily pulls.

I have 3650 Lapis and fairly good situation in slots. I havevnt used money after May to BE and no plans either to use money in future. Daily pull is nice way to fix pull itch :).

tariniel

Finally pulled Lud from daily, that makes 1 of each unit on the banner. I'm glad because I was going to dump the rest of my tickets if I didn't get her on the last daily!

Also any of you noxxers, does anyone have a script that grinds LB? Maybe one that also does it on earth shrine? I found some script on reddit that does TMR but not LB.

Lyrian

Highlighting this post that you notice. I am fairly sure you are interested about this:

4* Max level (60) Garnet using summon (ES Explo) _without_ any eq / abilities / buffs on, using max level (40) 2* Shiva.

Let me recap my findings about how Espers interact in battles to help you out.

-- Esper damage is based on the stats of the esper, not the summoner. AFAIK, there are no buffs nor any gear that can be equipped to boost esper damage currently on Global.

-- The only spell that indirectly affects esper damage is Imperil, which raises the damage of the esper by a flat 20%.

So, what's the big deal then? Where is there smoke that perhaps signals fire where no one is looking?

-- Esper damage appears to be a hybrid magic calculation based on MAG and SPR. Espers use the full four-digit MAG and SPR stats in the damage calculation.

-- Magic damage, as everyone knows, is based on the attacking stat(s) squared.

-- EVO MAG +% raises the base stats (not damage as the wiki says) of the attacking esper BEFORE being squared (thus, EVO MAG +30% is the esper equivalent of equipping a MAG +30% on a mage).

** Shiva's base MAG is 5500 --> 5500^2 = 3 025 000
** Shiva with EVO MAG +30% = (5500 * 1.3) ^2 = 5 112 250

5112250/3025000 = 69% damage increase expected. (Note: in my testing so far, there are other modifiers that appear to be in play, as the actual damage increase is in the 72-73% range)

** Max 5* Garnet achieves EVO MAG +40% total, yielding (5500 * 1.4) ^2 = 5 929 000, or an expected 96% damage increase (likely double with other modifiers) over non summoners.

So, right now, objectively, 5* Garnet will outdamage 4* Rydia with Shiva. With Imperil, maxed 5* Garnet + maxed 2* Shiva should be able to break the million damage barrier in ES.

In the long run, how can this be exploited? As you are also in PAD-GAF, you should know this analogy from that game. Think Scarlet System. Garnet and Rydia are the only units in the game AFAIK that have Haste in their LBs. Garnet is even more bonkers in that she gets a special passive ability at 5*s that gives her permanent 2x haste on her limit break on top of the haste provided by skilling up her LB.

**If** full system mode can be achieved (and there isn't an artificial block put in place by Gumi on Global), pouring out that kind of damage consistently and freely every turn would be practically game breaking.

-- Esper damage is based on the stats of the esper, not the summoner. AFAIK, there are no buffs nor any gear that can be equipped to boost esper damage currently on Global.

-- The only spell that indirectly affects esper damage is Imperil, which raises the damage of the esper by a flat 20%.

So, what's the big deal then? Where is there smoke that perhaps signals fire where no one is looking?

-- Esper damage appears to be a hybrid magic calculation based on MAG and SPR. Espers use the full four-digit MAG and SPR stats in the damage calculation.

-- Magic damage, as everyone knows, is based on the attacking stat(s) squared.

-- EVO MAG +% raises the base stats (not damage as the wiki says) of the attacking esper BEFORE being squared (thus, EVO MAG +30% is the esper equivalent of equipping a MAG +30% on a mage).

** Shiva's base MAG is 5500 --> 5500^2 = 3 025 000
** Shiva with EVO MAG +30% = (5500 * 1.3) ^2 = 5 112 250

5112250/3025000 = 69% damage increase expected. (Note: in my testing so far, there are other modifiers that appear to be in play, as the actual damage increase is in the 72-73% range)

** Max 5* Garnet achieves EVO MAG +40% total, yielding (5500 * 1.4) ^2 = 5 929 000, or an expected 96% damage increase (likely double with other modifiers) over non summoners.

So, right now, objectively, 5* Garnet will outdamage 4* Rydia with Shiva. With Imperil, maxed 5* Garnet + maxed 2* Shiva should be able to break the million damage barrier in ES.

In the long run, how can this be exploited? As you are also in PAD-GAF, you should know this analogy from that game. Think Scarlet System. Garnet and Rydia are the only units in the game AFAIK that have Haste in their LBs. Garnet is even more bonkers in that she gets a special passive ability at 5*s that gives her permanent 2x haste on her limit break on top of the haste provided by skilling up her LB.

**If** full system mode can be achieved (and there isn't an artificial block put in place by Gumi on Global), pouring out that kind of damage consistently and freely every turn would be practically game breaking.

You are literally making my case for farming Auto Limit TM

Suck it haters!!! ;p

Rixa

Yeah I noticed. No difference to damage when equipping +90% MAG. Iam going to feed LB pots to my 4* Garnet, its a very long project :p. My Rydias is 4* max lvl, tho LB is at lvl 1.

Suck it haters!!! ;p

I dont have time to it :p. Tested ES Exit by killing mobs one by one, couldnt get Garnet LB to max.

Yeah I noticed. No difference to damage when equipping +90% MAG. Iam going to feed LB pots to my 4* Garnet, its a very long project :p. My Rydias is 4* max lvl, tho LB is at lvl 1.

I dont have time to it :p. Tested ES Exit by killing mobs one by one, couldnt get Garnet LB to max.

How close was she?

Auto limit grants it bonus per round correct? So possible 3-4 crystals before the boss?

See man! Could push it to 100% :p

Rixa

How close was she?

Auto limit grants it bonus per round correct? So possible 3-4 crystals before the boss?

See man! Could push it to 100% :p

Cecil LB bar is close, sometimes its full, other times it is not (depends friend helper)
See those pics, if you happen to have Medius and want to sacrifice one TM slot to its TM you can do quite a many LB's to boss. So Its doable if you kill all enemies one by one.

1. W/O Medius, normal TM party + random helper.
2. W Medius + grabbed once hitting friend helper (Exdeath)

Screenshot_20160928-193627.png
Screenshot_20160928-193855.png

IF friend helper has Dual Wield I think Cecil will do LB every time to boss if you kill mobs one by one.

Cecil LB bar is close, sometimes its full, other times it is not (depends friend helper)
See those pics, if you happen to have Medius and want to sacrifice one TM slot to its TM you can do quite a many LB's to boss. So Its doable if you kill all enemies one by one.

1. W/O Medius, normal TM party + random helper.
2. W Medius + grabbed once hitting friend helper (Exdeath)

Screenshot_20160928-193627.png
Screenshot_20160928-193855.png

Nice!

Im feeling good about my future setup then

If I make a single target macro, auto limit TM, and set atuo limit in battles...

easy LB/TM farm convenience combo!

Syntsui

So I just maxed out CoD 5* and now I'm doing the same with WoL, the next one should be Lenna and then I'll just need a good attacker from the pulls to be set for a goooood time.

Flambe

Another Lud, that makes 21% on my main Lud plus 4 others when I eventually get them to farming but I have so many other tms ahhh :(

Rixa

Nice!

Im feeling good about my future setup then

If I make a single target macro, auto limit TM, and set atuo limit in battles...

easy LB/TM farm convenience combo!

FYI: This was done so that I only targeted starting mob, then it was autoed. Friend helper didn't have Dual Wield (Sword & Shield), dunno how many times Fencer hits tho.

Screenshot_20160928-195323.png

Lyrian

Suck it haters!!! ;p

I'm reasonably suspicious that Gumi/Alim is conceptually aware of what could happen and kind of brushed this under the rug. Rydia is an original unit, and Garnet is a very early 4* base. Since then, there have been no other units in JP released at all with haste in their limit break kits. (perhaps also EVO MAG+ as well?)

Garnet's LB is all-but-impossible to level up without 4* pots.

The detective in me badly wants to conclude that Alim tried to bury this potential flaw in her at-the-moment impossible to level LB, until people forgot about her because of power creep and the chase for newest and shinest 6* units.

Can't be bothered to level/skill up those "legacy" units in the future, now can we?

FYI: This was done so that I only targeted starting mob, then it was autoed. Friend helper didn't have Dual Wield (Sword & Shield), dunno how many times Fencer hits tho.

Screenshot_20160928-195323.png

This is why Auto Limit is such an important TM.

To bridge that RNG gap with the Limit Crystals a bit

Rixa

I'm reasonably suspicious that Gumi/Alim is conceptually aware of what could happen and kind of brushed this under the rug. Rydia is an original unit, and Garnet is a very early 4* base. Since then, there have been no other units in JP released at all with haste in their limit break kits. (perhaps also EVO MAG+ as well?)

Garnet's LB is all-but-impossible to level up without 4* pots.

The detective in me badly wants to conclude that Alim tried to bury this potential flaw in her at-the-moment impossible to level LB, until people forgot about her because of power creep and the chase for newest and shinest 6* units.

Can't be bothered to level/skill up those "legacy" units in the future, now can we?

How does this affect to Golbez? Golbez has Evo MAg +30%.
Is that Evo MAG one reason they havent announced 6* form?

Lyrian

How does this affect to Golbez? Golbez has Evo MAg +30%.
Is that Evo MAG one reason they havent announced 6* form?

Possibly. EVO MAG +30 is stupidly powerful for a single passive ability.

I don't have my notepad with my data in front of me, as I'm campus atm. But if I remember broadly correctly, he went from somewhere around 430kish at 5* 79 (with 2* 40 Shiva in ES + Imperil) with no EVO MAG --> 790kish at 5* 80 with EVO MAG +30 alone.

Let me see if I can find a pic of this.

Rixa

This is why Auto Limit is such an important TM.
To bridge that RNG gap with the Limit Crystals a bit
Yup, had Dual Wield friend and went one by one and Cecil didnt get LB, wasnt even close...

Possibly. EVO MAG +30 is stupidly powerful for a single passive ability.

I don't have my notepad with my data in front of me, as I'm campus atm. But if I remember broadly correctly, he went from somewhere around 430kish at 5* 79 (with 2* 40 Shiva in ES + Imperil) with no EVO MAG --> 790kish at 5* 80 with EVO MAG +30 alone.

Let me see if I can find a pic of this.

Well I have 2x 5* Golbez, first one was at 61 level so I slapped some Jumbos 15 or so (got 1 Great S) to get it 80 and tested it :), managed actually grab pic:

Screenshot_20160928-201752.png

Golbez / Golbez / Rydia (5* ofc) / Garnet / Rydia?

Im loving this number crunching

hmmm should i TM both my CoDs or just combine for one

Do two Auto Limit TMs stack? I dont think anyone has ever tried to be honest

Rixa

Im loving this number crunching

hmmm should i TM both my CoDs or just combine for one

Do two Auto Limit TMs stack? I dont think anyone has ever tried to be honest

First we need to think: "Are we able to equip 2 Auto-Limits in Global"?

I have 2 CoDs too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom