• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing but Ludmilles and Charlottes from the daily pulls.

I guess I'll farm trust whenever I decide to get around to it.

:x

notamused.gif

tuffymon

Five runs using this strategy:

Exited on Floor: 1, 1, 1, 3, 1

Everyone better be enjoying me taking all their bad runs in the Maze today....

*ahem* We're clearly commiserating, I've done 10 runs today, the break down was exiting on floor 1 8x, floor 2 once, and floor 3 once. Still beats the dunes though, so I can't complain... much.

hitmon

Please tell me you're joking. :(

I wish I was. I thought I locked the unit, but I didn't.. I must have done it while I was half asleep and trying to make space after running the current event. Learn from my mistake and lock your best and favorite units.

I have Charlotte at least, but this one hurts. Maybe I can get lucky and draw Lightning to ease some of the pain.

chrono01

I wish I was. I thought I locked the unit, but I didn't.. I must have done it while I was half asleep and trying to make space after running the current event. Learn from my mistake and lock your best and favorite units.

I have Charlotte at least, but this one hurts. Maybe I can get lucky and draw Lightning to ease some of the pain.
Damn, sorry man.

I hope you can replace him (or get Lightning) soon.

Azuran

Banned

I honestly don't know how some people can do this. You can try explaining it to me all you want and I'll never get it. I could have a well paying job that leaves me with plenty of extra money to spend and I still wouldn't drop $650 on a single video game.

There's a point in all of that where the majority of people would go "maybe this isn't worth it after all" instead of continuously throwing money at something that relies on nothing but pure luck. Yes, I know this game feeds on gambling addiction but at least with gambling you have a chance of actually winning more money than you spend. You certainly can't say the same about a digital character in a online-only video game that will become obsolete years from now.

tuffymon

Simply put, instant gratification, that same person will quit playing well before the character is obsolete "years" (months) from now, as you put it.

Rixa

23 years ago...

And I thought I was old.

Rixa is a daddy.

Holy lord....so he must be what, 38?

43ish I would think lol.

32 here

Is that not the norm? I mean nostalgic 2d FF mobile game

Yeah I'm below thirty so lol

and thank you all for your kind words, CC and I will prevail!!! ; ;
At the moment Iam 41. But soon (8 days) 7.10 Ill be 42. I dont have kids and havent planned to get one either, dont want to be dad. Let the other do kids.
My kids are furry 4 legged ones ;).

DSC_0165.JPG

80% Chizu with 2 TM Moogles.

Now 2 Sakurafubukis on its way.
Grats :)

Jeffrey

Mobile f2p games scratch that mmo itch but it's something I can do at work lol.

I mean I can budget $650 for lightning if I wanted to but I rather... do other stuff with that.

Guess I blame my parents who drilled into my head Clark Howard books and his show as a kid lol.

Rather save and invest if I can lol.

Razmos

My Zidane's are nearly at 50% TM and my Jugglers are about to hit 20%. Can't wait to max them out.

Also I've pulled 4 Charlotte's, including a 4* one, but have not gotten Ludmille

Rixa

In reddit member andinuad has explained how gacha works:
andinuad said:
There are roughly 31 "3-5 stars".
Given how it worked in jp prior to gacha change:

* Blue had 85% chance to give (3-4) and 15% to give (3-5)
* Gold had 80% chance to give (3-4), 11% for (3-5) and 9% for (4-5).
* Rainbow: at best 55% chance to get (3-5) depending on how access to just one 5 star base is implemented.
(80% chance to get blue, 19% chance to get gold, 1% to get rainbow)

=>
0.80 * 0.15 + 0.19 * 0.11 + 0.01 * 0.55 = at best 14.64% chance to get a (3-5) star.

Since there 31 (3-5) stars, then from the gacha which has no enhanced rate for banner units, there is at best 14.64 / 31 = roughly 0.47% chance to draw Cecil.

Good luck for pulling certain 3* unit outside of banner :p.

Malakhov

Banned
Hmm I thought I had to be in the guard position for sentinel or royal armlet to proc but I just read that if you don't leave your position (ie: physical attack), it can proc anyhow even though you used a spell?

So let me get this straight, if I use Charlotte for example, I can stick cura and the bar spells on her and have her cast and she will still be able to cover?

desverger

Hmm I thought I had to be in the guard position for sentinel or royal armlet to proc but I just read that if you don't leave your position (ie: physical attack), it can proc anyhow even though you used a spell?

So let me get this straight, if I use Charlotte for example, I can stick cura and the bar spells on her and have her cast and she will still be able to cover?

Yes. Only hostile actions like basic attack or WoL's Full Break for example prevent Cover/Sentinel from activating. You can Cura, buff, dance, or do any support action pretty much.

Same goes for Cecil and WoL ofc, but WoL doesn't really have anything unless you are Provoking or healing yourself.

Malakhov

Banned
Yes. Only hostile actions like basic attack or WoL's Full Break for example prevent Cover/Sentinel from activating. You can Cura, buff, dance, or do any support action pretty much.

Same goes for Cecil and WoL ofc, but WoL doesn't really have anything unless you are Provoking or healing yourself.

Thanks, much clearer now.

chrono01

The 3 units i want from the batch in the same time?????

Will pull. Fuck you gumi, why always you find ways to make me pull again.
Hmm, they don't seem especially strong on Altema (Delita being the best, sitting at 90) and I don't have a huge draw towards the FFT series. Gaffgarion is sitting at 75, and Alma at 70.

Maybe this is a good time to start re-earning the reserves I've spent via daily pulls for the last while...

Valentus

So its quasi-confirmed then that now its the first half of the batch and next week would be ramza-agrias-mustadio.

Delita's chance would be 1,5% because alma and gaffgarion are 3star. But next week would be interesting because agrias is 4star, so we will know how will be ramza's chance of drop.

Hmm, they don't seem especially strong on Altema (Delita being the best, sitting at 90) and I don't have a huge draw towards the FFT series. Gaffgarion is sitting at 75, and Alma at 70.

Maybe this is a good time to start re-earning the reserves I've spent via daily pulls for the last while...

Delita's TM Moon sword is a 120 dark attack sword.
Alma's TM is a robe that give 45 DEF/35 MAG/35 SPR and auto shell/protect (the best robe for mages and healers)
Gaffgarion TM is and accesory that gives you +30 ATK / +15% HP

Thats why i want those units.

scarlet

Alma's TM is good for your mage/healer

Kouriozan

So we're finally getting a regular Moogle King event (earn currency with event dungeons), was pretty obvious with the inclusion 6* awakening mats though.

bonkeng

So its quasi-confirmed then that now its the first half of the batch and next week would be ramza-agrias-mustadio.

Delita's chance would be 1,5% because alma and gaffgarion are 3star
. But next week would be interesting because agrias is 4star, so we will know how will be ramza's chance of drop.

Delita's TM Moon sword is a 120 dark attack sword.
Alma's TM is a robe that give 45 DEF/35 MAG/35 SPR and auto shell/protect (the best robe for mages and healers)
Gaffgarion TM is and accesory that gives you +30 ATK / +15% HP

Thats why i want those units.

Gafgarion is 4* base.

Daily pull for me. Although Delita's sword is almost as good as Excalibur, it's not worth the 5* base rate pull. 2 Alma's enough for me. 1 for Kefka, 1 for healer.

Rixa

Gafgarion is 4* base.

Daily pull for me. Although Delita's sword is almost as good as Excalibur, it's not worth the 5* base rate pull. 2 Alma's enough for me. 1 for Kefka, 1 for healer.

I do only Daily pulls too. Having already 1 Excalibur and grinding another, not after Delitas TM (eventho its Dark and Exc is light).

Valentus

Gafgarion is 4* base.

fuck you are right. Now i have second thoughts of pull or not pull... I will wait for the receipts to see how are the chances of drop.

chrono01

Oh, those TM's are indeed nice!

...Damn it. Now I'm going to feel compelled to pull. :/

Edit: I'll probably still pass, though. I have enough TM to farm as it is, and while the mage robe would be nice, I probably won't chase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom