• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

Can Alma wield any weapons? Exviuswiki & Reddit shows that no, but they might be incorrect or not.

Not only can she not equip any weapons, she can't equip any hats, either.

As someone whose plan was to go hard on the six-unit FFT banner, Gumi has kindly done me the favour of putting the units I'm interested in (Ramza, Agrias) in a separate, second banner.

I think I'll do a daily pull or two to fish an Alma out of this banner for an eventual copy of her TM and bide my lapis otherwise.

Rixa

As someone whose plan was to go hard on the six-unit FFT banner, Gumi has kindly done me the favour of putting the units I'm interested in (Ramza, Agrias) in a separate, second banner.

I think I'll do a daily pull or two to fish an Alma out of this banner for an eventual copy of her TM and bide my lapis otherwise.
Oh lol, you are absolutely right. So many missed +stats, what a letdown. Only good use is for TM grind.

Rixa

Extended maintenance for 2 hours

Yaaay free lapis

Iam ok for this :)

As for Alma:

- One ability slot to "Equip x weapon materia"
- Another ability slot to "Equip helmets / hats / caps whatever materia".

Then you grind those TMs :p How useful unit ;).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Looks like a banner I can save on. I'll have Minvera buster for my healer and while I would like one for my mage, doesn't seem worth it.

I'll pull one more time today, then wait it out for the next two weeks. Another Lud means I can cut the time down on my of my dualcasts by half.

across

How useful unit ;).

Indeed.

Alma is a trashbag unit, as much as it pains me to say it. Great proficiencies (6 white, 8 black, 5 green) but only two ability slots. Good MP and SPR but bad MAG. Can't equip rods to make Ultima anything more than a cute nod to her FFT origins. Nice TM, though.

Gaffgarion is okay, but I don't see much to get excited about unless you really need someone to chain Dark element damage with your Garland. 50% paralyze attack is kinda cool though. Speaking of Garland, the 30 raw attack his TM gives is cool, but 4* base...

Delita is... good. Great, by our current standards, I suppose - but essentially you're laying down a lot of potential lapis/tickets for an extra 10% DEF/SPR reduction on his breaks (which have to be applied independently) assuming you already have a full breaker (and if not, one's coming next banner in the form of Agrias), super-Focus, and a sweet TM sword. He's basically Vaan+, absent the ability to Bar-spell and offheal.

I'm a huge FFT fan but this banner feels like a 'stick to the daily pulls' one. I don't buy into the Reddit 'omg, not futureproof, only dumdums would pull on this banner!!!' nonsense but I just don't see much practical utility here.

bonkeng

And how sure are we that they're separated?

Gumi might pull a Zidane on us and give us the full 6-man crew next banner.

They give us the worse 3 first, before adding the better units next week.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I won't be pulling on the next banner, so will take a last stab at Charlotte on this one instead. Glad Agrias and Ramza are on the same banner, because those are the units I want from FFT.

Meh at the banner. Will do a few dailies but these are the 3 from the original FFT banner I couldn't care less about great TMs or not. Think I may do one more 11 pull on the current banner for Lightning.....Haha.....ha

Rixa

Link in Reddit Finally Vaan is getting 6* in JP (and Penelo 5*).

Reddit JP BE said:
Units
Vaan 5->6 ☆
Penelo 4->5 ☆
Available after Maintenance.
(9/30 17:00 JST)
x6uaY2z.jpg
6KPQclS.jpg

Valentus

Iam ok for this :)

As for Alma:

- One ability slot to "Equip x weapon materia"
- Another ability slot to "Equip helmets / hats / caps whatever materia".

Then you grind those TMs :p How useful unit ;).

she only have 2 slots at 5star WTF

Equip Rod Materia
Equip Heavy Shield Materia

...and you are done.

And Balthier 5-6 star, Ashe 4-6 star, Rasler (WTF) 4-6 star

WHERES MAH GABRANTH ALIM

Equip Rod Materia

...and you are done.

WHERES MAH GABRANTH ALIM

Wow

Rasler is an interesting choice. Didnt that fucker die in the opening cutscene lol

Rixa

Equip Rod Materia

...and you are done.

WHERES MAH GABRANTH ALIM

Wow

Rasler is an interesting choice. Didnt that fucker die in the opening cutscene lol

Maybe in part 2?

Part 2: Starting on 10/7 17:00 JST

It could be: Basche, Gabranth, and 5* Fran on part 2...

BALTHIER!

My fave character from my fave FF!

I hope he's a great unit.

Reddit said:
Balthier 5-6 ☆

Trust Mastery: +135 ATK - Gun
LB: AoE Ignore Def
ST Element Res debuff
Can buff Fire, Lightning, Water, Light element on himself with
"Target" Skill - When hit, chance to counter with a high damage "Finishing Blow"

Rixa

Ok

if they are gonna give Penelo some 5 star love

Give that same treatment to Shadow, Sabin and Edgar

RIGHT?! Super exciting news. If you cant tell love every game set in Ivalice

At least one more reason to play this game. At least until I get Balthier x)

Crossing my fingers that Vaan will be the FB king with aoe FB etc some sick skills / spells. Vaan was the starting character for me and he helped me to get Steal Trophies done quite fast.

Screenshot_20160607-144035.png

7th June 2016.

bonkeng

Equip Rod Materia

...and you are done.

WHERES MAH GABRANTH ALIM

Valentus dude, told you Ashe would get a 6*. No way she'll just be a fodder.

But instead of Gabranth getting the 5* base, it's Balthier who got it. Super happy with this.

Rasler, why the hell is he included. Generic prince who's easily forgettable.

4 6* units in one update, is this a first?

Valentus dude, told you Ashe would get a 6*. No way she'll just be a fodder.

But instead of Gabranth getting the 5* base, it's Balthier who got it. Super happy with this.

Rasler, why the hell is he included. Generic prince who's easily forgettable.

4 6* units in one update, is this a first?

Yeah I dunno why they chose to bring in Rasler outside of maybe his design was cool?

I dunno I liked Ashe better without him. Pumped for Ashe and Bathier

Im overdue for another FF12 playthrough

bonkeng

Yeah I dunno why they chose to bring in Rasler outside of maybe his design was cool?

I dunno I liked Ashe better without him. Pumped for Ashe and Bathier

Im overdue for another FF12 playthrough

Maybe part 1 is for the hero team. Part 2 will be the villain team, Gabranth, Vayne and co.

This should probably come to global around the same time as Zodiac Age Remaster.

CCIE

Banned
Oh yes! Ashe will actually be attainable as a 4* base unit! And with Vaan getting his 6* form, my primary account continues to get better and better.

across

And how sure are we that they're separated?

Gumi might pull a Zidane on us and give us the full 6-man crew next banner.

They give us the worse 3 first, before adding the better units next week.

Although you're completely correct here, it doesn't really change much for me personally - my plan was to burn a multipull or two on the combined banner. If they split it into two out of the kindness of their hearts, that's a benefit to me; if not, well, it's no more than I was originally expecting.

Just means I'll get Alma's TM faster, I'm sure. Or Penelo's...

CCIE

Banned
Seriously, looks like going forward 5* will be attainable on all units. I'd expect the other 4*'s to get a 5* upgrade as well down the road

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh hey still not up, big shock.

BTW is there supposed to be an app update today too? I really would like those iOS 10 issues fixed.

They really don't have an excuse to let bugs like that go unfixed for so long. It's not like they didn't have access to iOS 10 Beta and RC builds for weeks before launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom