• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
OH wow i can't wait till that come's to Global, reminds me of the days of playing Dragons Dogma!

Ur dragon. I wonder what number they are on now...? lol

and even the upper end users might have a tough time.

so basically immune to all status effects. gotcha.

It is obvious that is the direction this game is going in sadly. But eh, what else can they do to make a boss "hard"?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So! I had a chance to talk to producer Hirono-san during E3, and he said that SE's plans for Brave Exvius in the West currently include "one season" of content, which he described as "a little more than a year" worth of support, with two to three monthly events.

He'd like to "keep the game going on and on", but that that obviously depends on the player's response to the game.

Svafnir

So! I had a chance to talk to producer Hirono-san during E3, and he said that SE's plans for Brave Exvius in the West currently include "one season" of content, which he described as "a little more than a year" worth of support, with two to three monthly events.

He'd like to "keep the game going on and on", but that that obviously depends on the player's response to the game.

That doesn't sound great.

_woLf

I feel like I'm playing this game wrong. Either that or I just don't grind enough. Had the same problem in brave frontier.

Leveling up my units takes forever and I don't feel like fighting resets for a good roll.

Bah.

chrono01

Nice, now Gumi has an excuse for suddenly dropping support after a while. It's Chain Chronicle all over again!

:(

Visceir

Oh, it has individual rewards as well including getting a Rat's Tail as a key item. It'll apparently will be an important item later.

They're also adding Gilgamesh to the boss challenges and setting him to be the strongest one for awhile. The reward will be the Genji Sword/Katana. They set him up as a boss for users can aim to beat and even the upper end users might have a tough time.

107 atk katana reward hype! :eek:

I wonder if it has some sort of weird requirement or drawback, seeing as so far they've given out 80 atk weapons the jump to 107 atk seems slightly drastic, not that I mind.

mikemandey

Just did another 11 pulls. Because why not? lol

So in total I've done 36 pulls from Lapis. Here's the result:

Cloud of Darkness
Roselia
7x Kain (wtf!)
3x Luna
2x Galuf
Miyuki
Edgar
3x Shantotto
Rydia
Cyan
2x Bedile
2x Maria
Xiao
Russell
Kuja
Shadow
2x Fran
2x Clyne
Miyuki
Penelo
Celes

Current Story Units:
5* Rain
5* Laswell
3* Fina

If you are me, what would your team be?

Vex_

Banned
Is it possible to defeat Europa using maxed out Lasswell, Rain, Garland, Fina and Cerius?

Well my team wasnt even maxed out and I JUST BEAT HIS FUCKING ASS!! CAN I GET A HELLYEAH??!

omfg! Im so sorry. :c Im just so excited. Anyways, here is the team I beat him with:

Lw6IAjg.png

Barthundara/plus rain's power break pretty much is what youre gonna need. You can craft barthundara if you dont have it. Put that shit on a 5* Fina (she can use all BAR magics).

I cant believe I beat him!

*runs around in circles screaming*

EDIT: Just got back from screaming. Wanted to let you know that Thundaga(exdeath) was doing hella damage to him. I had that robot screaming "heeeelp, heeellp".

Rixa

Land of plenty adv...yay

Just do it once for lapis reward.
The drop sux, would rather spend stamina to train summon or farm mats for hero rings.
If you need Magicites, best place now is to run Phantom Forest - Exploration.
As added bonus, Chimera boss can drop Sacred Crystal or you can steal SC. Not guaranteed tho.

why did I use all my cactuars? I thought the fusion rate up was already underway
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif
oexTA6a.gif

It started 2h ago.

Kouriozan

Decided to do a single pull so my team won't have FP characters and we got 500 free lapis, got Penelo.
Yeah, that's a huge "please don't pull" warning there. At least she got Sword Dance.

Rixa

good to know thanks
Just remember, that SC steal/drop is possible but rare as hell. But if you need decend exp and magecites (green) to feed your Espers this is the dungeon to do, easy & fast.
Decided to do a single pull so my team won't have FP characters and we got 500 free lapis, got Penelo.
Yeah, that's a huge "please don't pull" warning there. At least she got Sword Dance.
I yoloed once, got my 3rd Edgar :p. Yup dont pull.

Rongolian

Banned
What's the status of this game's release in NA? I've looked all over but can't find if it's still in beta via invite or if you have to do something after you pre-register to get the game.

Thanks!

Rixa

Starting today, Everytime I try to send gifts or load my friend list, I crash out...anyone else have this issue?
Go to "Menu", click "Return to Title", click "Restore" on starting page (lower right corner).
Not sure if it helps in this issue, it has helped players in other issues.

What's the status of this game's release in NA? I've looked all over but can't find if it's still in beta via invite or if you have to do something after you pre-register to get the game.

Thanks!
In OP there are instructions how you can get the Android version and how to iOS (Swedish store).

Vex_

Banned
Starting today, Everytime I try to send gifts or load my friend list, I crash out...anyone else have this issue?

not just starting today, but starting late last month. I figure it has to do with that single threaded engine they are using.. I cant view my friends list to remove non active players anymore. I just have to hold that L.

*sigh* hopefully day one they release a patch.

In the meantime, you can use droid4x like I am to play it on your computer. I use it to access my friends list and do battle with mages that have a lot of spells (which causes slowdown when the skills list is brought up).

everything else I do on my mobile android device (send fp, gifts etc). It has become unplayable on my android for awhile now.

bonkeng

'twas a Gumi plant that said such things. Believe no one!

(That's entirely possible, I'm just going with the general theory, haha.)

It doesn't make sense though if it's Sega that pulled the plug, assuming Gumi pays Sega licensing fees and a cut on royalties.

Or maybe I'm just still salty on how Gumi handled the entire thing. Weeks of silence followed suddenly by notice of closure.

Anyway, I'll take one more chance with Gumi on this game since I'm already a big fan of Final Fantasy (yes including XIII).

Dandte

It doesn't make sense though if it's Sega that pulled the plug, assuming Gumi pays Sega licensing fees and a cut on royalties.

Or maybe I'm just still salty on how Gumi handled the entire thing. Weeks of silence followed suddenly by notice of closure.

Anyway, I'll take one more chance with Gumi on this game since I'm already a big fan of Final Fantasy (yes including XIII).

XIII was awesome.

Pejo

Just got Shiva this morning, so now I'm rocking 4 espers. I assigned them:

Cecil - Golem for extra tankiness and eventually Provoke
Bartz - Ifrit for extra attack
Zidane - Siren, wasn't really sure on this one. Siren seems to make more sense on my healer, but just the boost in stats is nice for Zidane, and at least it gives the guy a few skills to use, since his kit pretty much sucks.
Terra - Shiva for the nice boost to mp, magic, and spr. I'm kinda using her as a red mage at the moment, so this is pretty custom tailored to her.

Now I need to grind an assload of magicite. I hope we get another magicite event soon. In the meantime, I'm just going to finish out the story for island 2 and then work on quests/crafting 10 hero rings.

How challenging are the tier 2 esper fights? I have Ifrit at level 30 and ready to fight, but I was trying to get Barfira first. Also, where the heck is the bio blaster recipe? I thought for sure I'd have run into it by now.

Valentus

Lucky that i hace very well equipped my brave frontier account yet... that sounds like a massive failure marketing strategy

Dandte

Just got Shiva this morning, so now I'm rocking 4 espers. I assigned them:

Cecil - Golem for extra tankiness and eventually Provoke
Bartz - Ifrit for extra attack
Zidane - Siren, wasn't really sure on this one. Siren seems to make more sense on my healer, but just the boost in stats is nice for Zidane, and at least it gives the guy a few skills to use, since his kit pretty much sucks.
Terra - Shiva for the nice boost to mp, magic, and spr. I'm kinda using her as a red mage at the moment, so this is pretty custom tailored to her.

Now I need to grind an assload of magicite. I hope we get another magicite event soon. In the meantime, I'm just going to finish out the story for island 2 and then work on quests/crafting 10 hero rings.

How challenging are the tier 2 esper fights? I have Ifrit at level 30 and ready to fight, but I was trying to get Barfira first. Also, where the heck is the bio blaster recipe? I thought for sure I'd have run into it by now.

The ifrit fight is super easy...

Cecil
Kain
Krile
Terra
Duanne
Friend Van

0 Problems...it was disappointing....

Iirc the Bio Blaster Recipe Is the Reward for Earth key 7.
Earth key 7 is located in grandport in the Southern in behind the Wall ln the middle

In Term of Hero rings.
Hero rings Grant 10% atk And mag

A Unit with 99 And lower atk would be better equipped with a Hyped wrist, which grants 10 atk...i also could be wrong.

Pejo

The ifrit fight is super easy...

Cecil
Kain
Krile
Terra
Duanne
Friend Van

0 Problems...it was disappointing....

Iirc the Bio Blaster Recipe Is the Reward for Earth key 7.
Earth key 7 is located in grandport in the Southern in behind the Wall ln the middle

In Term of Hero rings.
Hero rings Grant 10% atk And mag

A Unit with 99 And lower atk would be better equipped with a Hyped wrist, which grants 10 atk...i also could be wrong.

Cool, thanks for the info. I don't think I have a unit below 100 attack/magic, or do the rings just take base stats instead of base + esper + equipment?

If only these games had translations instead of localizations, would fix up everything without screwing rest of global from JP's full on rewards and support.

Brazil

If only these games had translations instead of localizations, would fix up everything without screwing rest of global from JP's full on rewards and support.

I asked him why didn't they do what Cygames did for Granblue as well. He told me they think Japanese consumers and "worldwide" consumers have different mindsets, so they think it's better if they tailor each experience for each kind of player.

It's bullshit IMO, but eh.

Kouriozan

I asked him why didn't they do what Cygames did for Granblue as well. He told me they think Japanese consumers and "worldwide" consumers have different mindsets, so they think it's better if they tailor each experience for each kind of player.

Sounds like DeNA's excuse to not give Record Keeper Global some JP events, uh oh.

chrono01

He ain't wrong.

I don't know about all of you, but I love playing Global versions of these gatcha games, where we have delayed (sometimes completely skipped over) content, less free premium currency given out, and lower drop-rates for event units/characters as well as those obtained from the gatcha. It's so much fun!

Visceir

They'd essentially be throwing all the 6 months worth of content and power-creep (and the IAP that would come with it) out of the window that way. Financially it just makes more sense to slowly feed that 6 months worth of content to players over time as opposed to giving you access to it right away.

Any newcomer might also seriously struggle with any of the current events. While they still offer lower tier rewards I imagine it could be frustrating to just have no chance at competing and getting the better rewards.

Shouta

They'd essentially be throwing all the 6 months worth of content and power-creep (and the IAP that would come with it) out of the window that way. Financially it just makes more sense to slowly feed that 6 months worth of content to players over time as opposed to giving you access to it right away.

Any newcomer might also seriously struggle with any of the current events. While they still offer lower tier rewards I imagine it could be frustrating to just have no chance at competing and getting the better rewards.

Yeah, there are a lot of rewards from earlier events that folks can get to power themselves up and just getting chucked into the current JP would mean they'd miss out on them.

Well my team wasnt even maxed out and I JUST BEAT HIS FUCKING ASS!! CAN I GET A HELLYEAH??!

omfg! Im so sorry. :c Im just so excited. Anyways, here is the team I beat him with:

Barthundara/plus rain's power break pretty much is what youre gonna need. You can craft barthundara if you dont have it. Put that shit on a 5* Fina (she can use all BAR magics).

I cant believe I beat him!

*runs around in circles screaming*

EDIT: Just got back from screaming. Wanted to let you know that Thundaga(exdeath) was doing hella damage to him. I had that robot screaming "heeeelp, heeellp".

HELL YEAH!!

Will try Europa with my team. Unfortunately I don't have characters who has Thundara. Cerius has both Barthundara and Protectga i believe. Hope I can win against Europa.

He ain't wrong.

I don't know about all of you, but I love playing Global versions of these gatcha games, where we have delayed (sometimes completely skipped over) content, less free premium currency given out, and lower drop-rates for event units/characters as well as those obtained from the gatcha. It's so much fun!
Yeah, I can't think of any instance where Global simply didn't mean getting less stuff. The closest any of these games actually come to trying to taylor to a global audience is probably Monster Strike, but we all know how that turned out.

Yeah, there are a lot of rewards from earlier events that folks can get to power themselves up and just getting chucked into the current JP would mean they'd miss out on them.

I don't know about that. It's actually been way easier to get caught up than I thought it would be. I was able to clear the FFBE and FF2 events on a 3 week old account thanks to high ranked friends mostly carrying me. I was even able to buy everything from the FFT event. I'm sure they'll be some events that I can't get through eventually, but I don't really have any issues with the rate of progress so far.

That's always the excuse that I tell myself when I struggle through the global versions of these gacha games. I don't want to be behind, I don't want to miss any content, etc. Then I inevitably just give up, play the JP versions and realize that not being treated like a second class citizen more than makes up for the disadvantage of starting late.

Pejo

Well holy shit. I've been a little liberal with lapis lately due to the new island handing a bunch of it out, pulled twice on Saturday when I was drunk and got another Rydia and a Bedile. Got up to about 2k tonight so decided to do a few pulls, or stop once I got a decent DPS unit to take over Zidane's slot on my main party.

First pull - Blue crystal...but General Leo! Not bad, has the useful samurai skills and is pretty tanky, and is currently 5* capable. My mind said to stop there, but you know how that lapis just burns a hole in your pocket. Anyways, second pull of the night - rainbow crystal (holy shit, my first one ever!) and it turns out to be C.o.D.! I'm pretty much high right now, I'm so excited.

Anyways, I burned all of my cactuars that I had saved, and got Leo to 4* already, then got C.o.D. to lv 36. Decent enough to start grinding xp Vortex.

Thoughts on team comp? My best units are:

-Cecil
-Bartz
-C.o.D.
-Terra
-Leo
-Rozelia
-Zidane

as my 5* capable units. I have a few of the 4* good ones too, Krile, Edgar, Kain, and Galuf, but I don't see any of them outdoing the 5* guys on harder content, maybe Krile.

I'm also slowly leveling Fina, but I tend to just say "fuck it" for a few rounds then use Curaja with Rozelia, so I don't know if I'd swap healers at this point.

Vex_

Banned
Well holy shit.

Yea, fuck fina. Youre fucking loaded with healers/dps/tanks.

Terra is the only unit in the game (as of right now) who can learn "raise". Useful for when bosses pull some bullshit and "accidentally" crit on your ass -- killing a unit. But roselia is the best healer I think on Earth (both jp and GL). Roselia's max stats actually slightly edge out terra's iirc. So make your choice based on what you need (you won't need two healers with the current content out).

Now as far as dps, HOLY SHIT. Dude pick any one of those fucking killers! Bartz, cod, what the fuck! Man youre good! Then top it off with those tanks: cecil the tanking god (with the right equips that give him auto shell), and leo? Man he's slightly more offensive and has some veey useful debuffs for bosses with strong physical attacks (power break).

Leo gets "draw attacks": basically he draws aggro for your team
Cecil gets sentinel (chance to take block for someome else 5%) + "cover" (while guarding, chance to block 30%).

Here's the thing. Cecil is getting a 6* in the future and can kinda be a backup healer with cura right now. He also can use green magics. Hes way more versatile. He just lacks dps entirely.
Leo doesn't get good magics, and cant use them, but right now he gets atk+ 20% and def + 20%. So... hes more of physical dps/tank. Make your choice. I would choose Cecil.

Zidane.... meh. Bring em along if you like em.

Brazil

Yeah, I can't think of any instance where Global simply didn't mean getting less stuff. The closest any of these games actually come to trying to taylor to a global audience is probably Monster Strike, but we all know how that turned out.

I don't! What happened there?

chrono01

I don't! What happened there?
The removed the LINE feature (which was, essentially, the only way for us to reasonably connect and play with other people), to instead encourage their "Get together and PLAY locally!" feature.

...Yeah, it might work in Japan, but not here. Too few people play this style of game, and if they do, they're nowhere near each other (some exceptions apply). So, they basically killed the game for a lot of people, myself included.

Brazil

The removed the LINE feature (which was, essentially, the only way for us to reasonably connect and play with other people), to instead encourage their "Get together and PLAY locally!" feature.

...Yeah, it might work in Japan, but not here. Too few people play this style of game, and if they do, they're nowhere near each other (some exceptions apply). So, they basically killed the game for a lot of people, myself included.
Damn :/

Sounds very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom