• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

I don't mind the lack of content, I also started Record Keeper day one and felt it as well there.
Nowadays I pretty much "finished" Record Keeper, I have some of the best stuffs, events are quickly done then I just log in everyday for the daily bonuses and wait for the next event/content update.
So yeah, I'll still play Brave Exvius everyday to grind rank exp and esper levels until more content is available.

Visceir

I've heard that the Japanese version is more generous in terms of Lapis and such (ex. more lapis from dailies), but has it always been like that, or did it start like the western version and they increased it later?

Also, are pulls ever on sale, or have they always been 500 lapis during the entire story of the Japanese version?

Japan version gradually got those over a couple of months. In that regard when you compare GL and JP the GL might actually be more generous as there were no daily quest or login bonuses either at the very beginning.

As for pulls on sale -- the JP version now has 1 daily pull for 250 lapis.

Vex_

Banned
Just now realizing I really need to be reading weapon descriptions. Was wondering why Fina was able to use wind magic (aero) when she has a zero in black magic. It is because she had the cherry staff equipped. The cherry staff has a description that says it calls the winds. Lol.

Lots of items have hidden effects and this reminds me of dark souls games.

---------------------------------------

Also, dunno if this is old or not but:

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/

Wonderful resource.

Has maps of items, material pick up spots, silver chest contents, green keys. It is extremely useful as there is no way in hell I would have found all of those secrets in phantom forest.

Rixa

2nd island is pretty great. I don't think I ever need to run the Awakening Vortex dungeon anymore.
Sacred Crystal say hi. Awaken Int for it...
500 Lapis for free
Orange Chrystal
4* Maria.......damn
Ooooh she has a 5*...awesome
Prolly in 6 month time, it got 5* last week in JP.
Anyways 500 Lapis compensation for reset time bug I can live with it. Didnt expect anything since thats one "bug" that doesnt do anything to me :).

Those 500 lapis were amazingly generous. More bugs please! :D

Just now realizing I really need to be reading weapon descriptions. Was wondering why Fina was able to use wind magic (aero) when she has a zero in black magic. It is because she had the cherry staff equipped. The cherry staff has a description that says it calls the winds. Lol.

Lots of items have hidden effects and this reminds me of dark souls games.

That's pretty damn awesome. It's straight out from classic FF games, you could use staves and rods as items to cast free spells. It was somewhat overpowered In FFIV as it had zero downsides, but in FFVI the rod broke when you used it. :)

In BE, I'm not sure if you mean you can equip the character with an Aero spell having no black magic, or that they can cast it without even equipping the spell, which one is it?

Also, dunno if this is old or not but:

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/

Wonderful resource.

Has maps of items, material pick up spots, silver chest contents, green keys. It is extremely useful as there is no way in hell I would have found all of those secrets in phantom forest.

Really awesome site indeed, I just used it to get the key from the phantom forest.

Rixa

If anyone that sees this thread & message is thinking rerolling, now would be nice day to reroll (if you dont want to wait for release).
Cause you get:
- 600 Lapis (500 is one pull)
- Gil snapper (10k gil when sold)
- Jumbo Cactuar (30k exp to unit)
- Energy potion (uses when taken off from Messages)

So do story to point where you have 400 lapis and go to claim rewards from Messages & pull 2 times.

Reddit guide for rolling & rerolling
Reddit said:
Do not log into the game with your personal Facebook if you intend to reroll. On Global, you'll need a dummy Facebook account to register a guest account to.
After you get through the tutorial and pull with your first 500 lapis (assuming this roll is crap) you'll use this account to wipe your data. Log into the game with that account after you pull anything you don't want to keep. There is no way to separate a FFBE and Facebook account once they're linked.

For Global:

Star the game on a guest account.
Complete the Tutorial and Latius Woods, you will now have 500 lapis.
Head to the Gacha and make a pull.
Tap the crystal and smash it, releasing your vision (unit)!
If it's not a unit you want, go to Menu > Options and log into your dummy Facebook.
When logging in for the first time, these accounts are now permanently linked.
If this is not your first login, it will warn that you will lose your current data. Say yes.
In Menu > Options, log out. The app will now close.
Open the app again and you will start out on a fresh new guest account.
Repeat ad nauseum.

Dandte

Dammit, i can't defeat Europa...help :/

Cecil 5* max
Rydia 4* max
Krile 4*max
Rydia
Rydia
Cyan 4*max
Shadow
Kain 4*max
Galuf
Sabin
Terra 5*max
Luna
Bedile
Clyne
shantotto 4* max
shantotto
Duanne 5* max
Maria 4*

I tried a team with

cecil, krile, terra, shantotto and duanne for thundaga, heal, breaks, barthundara and raise...only got him to 50%

Vex_

Banned
In BE, I'm not sure if you mean you can equip the character with an Aero spell having no black magic, or that they can cast it without even equipping the spell, which one is it?

Both.

They dont even need to have ANY proficiency in black magic AT ALL to cast wind magic with the cherry staff. Other items also have special effects.

Example: Black Choker is an accessory that has +3 DEF. But if you read the description, it mentions that it will protect the user against confusion as well.

Does anyone know if the Black Garb actually makes opponents miss? It mentions making the user "harder to see"? Dont want to waste 20 start quartz on this fatty :3

8iliWvF.png

Rixa

Does anyone know if the Black Garb actually makes opponents miss? It mentions making the user "harder to see"? Dont want to waste 20 start quartz on this fatty :3

Later on there should be Choco who sells +3 def & +20% mag earrings for 50 SQ. I did read that its best to use your SQs then.

Valentus

Later on there should be Choco who sells +3 def & +20% mag earrings for 50 SQ. I did read that its best to use your SQs then.

that and the cura staff are the better investments of your SQ. (edit: later later in the game you can buy Man-Eater materia for 200 SQ, thinking in PvP)

As the question, its just a clothes, with atk +5, def +35, no special affects, so avoid, avoid.

buy the staff better: atk +5, mag +11, spr +26, can cast Cura.

linkent

Dammit, i can't defeat Europa...help :/

Cecil 5* max
Rydia 4* max
Krile 4*max
Rydia
Rydia
Cyan 4*max
Shadow
Kain 4*max
Galuf
Sabin
Terra 5*max
Luna
Bedile
Clyne
shantotto 4* max
shantotto
Duanne 5* max
Maria 4*

I tried a team with

cecil, krile, terra, shantotto and duanne for thundaga, heal, breaks, barthundara and raise...only got him to 50%
You have so many good unit, should be able to do it.
I did it with cecil, rain, lasswell(spell?), fina, cyan. All maxed, cyan 48, fina 72. Lvl1 ifrit.
Equip silence blade on cecil and fina.
Barthundara on fina
Spam paralyze blade for cyan (only proc once when i kill it)
Power break for rain
Muramasa on lasswell for dps
Cecil and fina will switch their skill around silence blade and cura and curaga.

dont use siren as she -lite resist.

Dandte

You have so many good unit, should be able to do it.
I did it with cecil, rain, lasswell(spell?), fina, cyan. All maxed, cyan 48, fina 72. Lvl1 ifrit.
Equip silence blade on cecil and fina.
Barthundara on fina
Spam paralyze blade for cyan (only proc once when i kill it)
Power break for rain
Muramasa on lasswell for dps
Cecil and fina will switch their skill around silence blade and cura and curaga.

dont use siren as she -lite resist.

Thanks for the tipps, where do i get the silence blade skill?

alternade

So a bit confused. Just starting out, are these random Rains it adds to my party just people in the same area at that time?

Player ID is 932.103.462 anyone wants to add :)

Scheduled maintenance going on right now? Hoping I'm not experiencing a bug as whenever I currently try to leave an exploration area, I get a message saying that there was a connection error.

Dandte

Scheduled maintenance going on right now? Hoping I'm not experiencing a bug as whenever I currently try to leave an exploration area, I get a message saying that there was a connection error.

I get connection Errors all the time. Don't worry :)

Edit: Crap: I can't get the treasure key box with silence blade, since i'm on ios :/

Edit2: I'm stupid...you can exchange them for lapis...

I get connection Errors all the time. Don't worry :)
Nothing is changing though. It's been several hours and I haven't been able to get out of the exploration area, because of this "connection error". Do I need to re-download (aka "Restore") the game? This won't reset the game for me, will it?

Dandte

God dammit, finally defeated Europa

Cecil/Kain/Duane/Cyan/Krile worked. Kain and his jump ability was mvp. Cecil only needed tank and heal himself. Silence also helped. Krile went out of mp real fast because of barthundara..wrong choice.

Vex_

Banned
Im sitting on 6k lapis. What do? I really want bartz :( i need non elemental dps on my team for when I run out of mp on my exdeath/rydia.

Want to burn 1k of it on something.... saving the 5k

Also! I hope you completionists didnt overlook this quest here:

There is no sign that there is something there (a note on the ground can be found by running around there).

linkent

Thanks for the tipps, where do i get the silence blade skill?
Late reply but gratz on beating europa.
Think you already have the recipe from Latius wood exploration.

Really feel like pulling now, especially after using Vann with Full Break on Ifrit2.
Making it die in 5 turns with autos.
Nice exp too 500/15sta.
Good rate for "daily exploration quest"
But at this time farming megacryst for hero ring are the priority.
72hours craft -_-

Vex_

Banned
Late reply but gratz on beating europa.
Think you already have the recipe from Latius wood exploration.

Really feel like pulling now, especially after using Vann with Full Break on Ifrit2.
Making it die in 5 turns with autos.
Nice exp too 500/15sta.
Good rate for "daily exploration quest"
But at this time farming megacryst for hero ring are the priority.
72hours craft -_-

Lol!

When you said "hero ring" I looked up what that was, saw you needed 40 trophies, and went back in the game to check!

...apparently I just had to collect my reward to unlock the recipe as I already had 40! :( this whole time I couldve noticed the materials needed for that. 10 megacrystals?!! Jeez....

Rixa

Lol!

When you said "hero ring" I looked up what that was, saw you needed 40 trophies, and went back in the game to check!

...apparently I just had to collect my reward to unlock the recipe as I already had 40! :( this whole time I couldve noticed the materials needed for that. 10 megacrystals?!! Jeez....
Dont worry, Ice Megacrysts are so common :p. I have done today 5 runs in Wolgangs Peak and got whopping 1 from those nodes.

Vex_

Banned
Ok europa.

There is no way they thought this was balanced. This thing is taking down my team like it's nothing. And lord help you if you forget to put up barthundara. If you do, he can kill any unit in the game (he hits for over 5k a turn) if it pleases him.

I swear ive done this battle so many times that I think he is starting to taunt me mid battle. It looked as though the robot did a little dance after he downed one of my units.

Granted, my units arent at max level yet, but you would think them being 5* is enough not to get one turn'd to death. He focuses all 3 of his attacks on my best healer EVERYTIME. Then my whole team crumbles slowly. And like I said, if you forget to cast barthundara/power break? YOU=FINISHED. You might as well throw your mobile device in the garbage.

I think he overkilled one of my units so much that I felt it in real life.

Dandte

Ok europa.

There is no way they thought this was balanced. This thing is taking down my team like it's nothing. And lord help you if you forget to put up barthundara. If you do, he can kill any unit in the game (he hits for over 5k a turn) if it pleases him.

I swear ive done this battle so many times that I think he is starting to taunt me mid battle. It looked as though the robot did a little dance after he downed one of my units.

Granted, my units arent at max level yet, but you would think them being 5* is enough not to get one turn'd to death. He focuses all 3 of his attacks on my best healer EVERYTIME. Then my whole team crumbles slowly. And like I said, if you forget to cast barthundara/power break? YOU=FINISHED. You might as well throw your mobile device in the garbage.

I think he overkilled one of my units so much that I felt it in real life.

I know exactly how you feel....

i can't stop pulling...got a 3*Vivi....this was the last time pulling till...mhm...lightning or seven are in the game.

Vex_

Banned

i can't stop pulling...got a 3*Vivi....this was the last time pulling till...mhm...lightning or seven are in the game.

Im tempted to pull until I get bartz and terra. I need those two right now. But I must have patience intil rate ups.

Vitanimus

I have 6.5k lapis and I wanna pull so bad, but I have ~enough~ good units to tide me over until the pool is bigger for better units like lightning, etc. but it's still so far away :(

Vex_

Banned
I have 6.5k lapis and I wanna pull so bad, but I have ~enough~ good units to tide me over until the pool is bigger for better units like lightning, etc. but it's still so far away :(

Ive got 6.4k. holy shit I know the feeling. Ive been saving lapis since the first day I played.

Rixa

Im tempted to pull until I get bartz and terra. I need those two right now. But I must have patience intil rate ups.

Ive got 6.4k. holy shit I know the feeling. Ive been saving lapis since the first day I played.
Just friendly reminder, dont pull unless youre gonna use money (or you dont care your sanity).
Eventho I was lucky to get Cecil in 6 pulls Friday.
Yesterday I watched live stream from Twitch that one player from Brave-exvius.com forum pulled 33 times and got shit. Only notable unit was Firion (22nd pull). It was sad to watch :/, so many Russels & Clynes :(.

Dont pull.

mikemandey

Just friendly reminder, dont pull unless youre gonna use money (or you dont care your sanity).
Yesterday I watched live stream from Twitch that one player from Brave-exvius.com forum pulled 33 times and got shit. Only notable unit was Firion (22nd pull). It was sad to watch :/, so many Russels & Clynes :(.

Dont pull.

This is true. The rate definitely sucks atm. Decided to pull using all of my 7k lapis yesterday and the result wasn't pretty. No potential 5 star unit at all (5 Kains!)

I did that just for the sake of experiment eventhough I had some decent 5 star units (CoD and Roselia).

Will buy more lapis in the future.

Dandte

Dont pull.

I won't pull, i promise! Also no Lapis for pulling after 19 premium pulls and no future 6* except maybe Terra and my starter Cecil. Damn i need Van or Exdeath...but i will wait.

But for now i will start to fight Ifrit 2. Not sure which units i should use.

Dandte

This is true. The rate definitely sucks atm. Decided to pull using all of my 7k lapis yesterday and the result wasn't pretty. No potential 5 star unit at all (5 Kains!)

I did that just for the sake of experiment eventhough I had some decent 5 star units (CoD and Roselia).

Will buy more lapis in the future.

kain is a potential 5* unit and the current mvp of all my units. His jump mechanic was a life saver and Europa Killer. And with 5 Kains you will get his TM really fast.

Dawg

From all my units, which ones are my top units? Which guys should I focus on?

I have:

Lasswell
Rain
Sabin
Cyan
Medius
Miyuki
Krile
Fran
Bedile
Maria
Luna
Vivi
Galuf

Medius is the one unit I know is pretty good, but beyond that I have no idea :c

Rixa

From all my units, which ones are my top units? Which guys should I focus on?

I have:

Medius is the one unit I know is pretty good, but beyond that I have no idea :c

One party could be
Lass / Medius / Krile (has dualcast, gets 5* later) / Miyuki (has 5*) / Galuf (gets 5* later).
Or you could try Fina instead of Lasswell, or replace Krile with Fina.

Shouta

Next JP event is a cooperative event where everyone fights
Bahamut
and deals damage to him. If everyone gets him to the milestones, everyone gets rewards.

Aurizen

Next JP event is a cooperative event where everyone fights
Bahamut
and deals damage to him. If everyone gets him to the milestones, everyone gets rewards.

OH wow i can't wait till that come's to Global, reminds me of the days of playing Dragons Dogma!

Shouta

Oh, it has individual rewards as well including getting a Rat's Tail as a key item. It'll apparently will be an important item later.

They're also adding Gilgamesh to the boss challenges and setting him to be the strongest one for awhile. The reward will be the Genji Sword/Katana. They set him up as a boss for users can aim to beat and even the upper end users might have a tough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom