• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

So checking back in; I couldn't play this when it originally hit because it ran like shit on emulator for me, but I just got an android phone I can run and play it on recently. Installing now, how bad is the gacha/money stuff in this compared to FFRK? I'm currently 1/77 in FFRK on pulls and kinda tired of getting fucked in the ass by pull RNG over there so I'm on cruise control with that game going forward for sure. This seems like a better "game" so to speak overall, but how bad/random are the P2W elements?

Rixa

So checking back in; I couldn't play this when it originally hit because it ran like shit on emulator for me, but I just got an android phone I can run and play it on recently. Installing now, how bad is the gacha/money stuff in this compared to FFRK? I'm currently 1/77 in FFRK on pulls and kinda tired of getting fucked in the ass by pull RNG over there so I'm on cruise control with that game going forward for sure. This seems like a better "game" so to speak overall, but how bad/random are the P2W elements?

I see BE friendly F2P, doing daily quests nets you 50 Lapis (premium currency) every day. One thing you should do and which will help a lot is that you use some time and reroll.
See Reddit post about rolling & rerolling. Dont mind JP stuff, read the Global stuff.

I see BE friendly F2P, doing daily quests nets you 50 Lapis (premium currency) every day. One thing you should do and which will help a lot is that you use some time and reroll.
See Reddit post about rolling & rerolling. Dont mind JP stuff, read the Global stuff.
BE is alright f2p but not more friendly than FFRK I feel. FFRK which is at least 1.2 mythril for daily log ins and a 11 rare relic pull costs 50 mythril.

In comparison the rare character draw in FFBE (like FFRK 3* is the minimum you will pull but 4* is the minimum max rank of the character and 3*>4* is just level cap and use a few farmable items) costs 5000 lapis for 11 tickets but you're only getting 50 a day which requires more than a simple login. In Japan I understand there are more opportunities for daily lapis including a pvp Colosseum so I can't rule it off as being less generous quite yet.

When it comes to actually getting what you want from rare pulls both equally suck and it looks like the best pulls are just as big game changers. Though like FFRK I'm under the impression you can live without the big game changers for doing anything but the hardcst content.

I'm finding FFBE to be grind-tastic at this point. Auto battle easy story content (part of why it is so easy if my characters are maxed, story characters at level 80 and the others at varying numbers) unitl energy runs out rinse and repeat every few hours. Then again the game isn't officially out, proper events have not started. I am takingf a 3 week break starting tomorrow

In part of being grind-tastic getting 11 tickets, spending them and say getting 3 copies of Kain isn't so bad as you max their trust much sooner than without unlike say FFRK where 3 copies of the same 3* weapon might have no redeeming features compared to a 5* as so end up in the trash.

Heng

Is there any benefit to doing a crystal pull or spending the crystals to get a ticket and use that it does it even matter?
There's no difference but you do get an extra pull if you exchange 5000 lapis.

I've seen some people with ice rod (+14 ATK, +26 mag)on my friend's list. Where are they getting it from? It says Colosseums intermediate D4, is that already out?

Dawg

Just hit a wall with the colosseum S3 boss. Has tons of HP. Seems to be resistant to paralyze, poison etc. And he kills my party real quick. (Medius, Cyan, Lasswell, Miyuki, Rain)

mikemandey

There's no difference but you do get an extra pull if you exchange 5000 lapis.

I've seen some people with ice rod (+14 ATK, +26 mag)on my friend's list. Where are they getting it from? It says Colosseums intermediate D4, is that already out?

I can confirm that you'll definitely get Ice Rod from Colosseum INT D-4

Kouriozan

8 hours maintenance incoming and will probably get extanded (lol)

olahqeAl.jpg

Any advice for beating Europa (Beginner Colosseum)? Here are the characters I have (all maxed, to my knowledge, awaken is disabled):

• 5* Rain
  • 5* Lasswell
  • 5* Fina
  • 4* Vivi
  • 4* Sabin
  • 4* Kain
  • 4* Edgar
  • 4* Clyne
  • 4* Galuf

My main party has basically been Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Sabin and Kain. I only have 3 espers (just found out Golem exists reading this topic today, gonna have to get him later), Level 17 Shiva on Lasswell, 18 siren on Fina, 12 ifrit on Rain. I just tried using Barthundara (On fina, she only healed and cast that when it wore off) and got Europa down to roughly 1/4. The problem I had though is wave cannon was 1 shotting or almost 1 shotting my party members. Does Barthundara wear off at the end of my turn (before the enemy attacks) or something or does that not help against Wave Cannon? I was also using Power Break on Rain (most turns although based on the debuff icon above Europa's head that isn't necessary every turn?)

Open to any advice, I definitely know there is a lot of improvement for me to min/max, I haven't really delved into crafting much.

CCIE

Banned
I just started yesterday, because I just couldn't wait - Bluestacks on my Mac. Burning my Lapis on Friend slots, Materia Slots, etc... I can't take them with me to the iPhone when it launches. Is the Cactuar a good buy with Lapis?

4* Cecil for those who want to add me

chrono01

At this rate, never. I'll expect them to keep pushing it back further.
Honestly, my excitement for the game just keeps going lower and lower. I'll still play it, just to see what it's like, but I'm not as interested in it as I was before. All of this constant teasing/release delays kind of do that to you. :/

Hell, I might just wait until Lightning is added to the game, re-roll for her and, if I fail, just focus on another gatcha game. The Global version will probably only have a year's life to it, anyway.

Did one pull since I got a free ticket from login bonus and got Roselia. Looks like she is a healer but not quite sure if she is a good one or not. Can anyone tell me if she is worth leveling to use or no?

Shouta

So new JP event is a collaboration with Dragon Quest Monsters Super Lite, another smartphone game. You can summon monsters as party members for this. You get the Slime for free when you login.

Dragon Lord (6 Star), Golem Kandata, Killer Machine, Yamata no Orochi (6 Star), and Hagure Metal/Liquid Metal Slime are the other ones you can grab. Summons are coming in two waves as well as some additional items you can trade for using the farmable currency.

Pejo

Did one pull since I got a free ticket from login bonus and got Roselia. Looks like she is a healer but not quite sure if she is a good one or not. Can anyone tell me if she is worth leveling to use or no?

She's really great as a dedicated healer unit. She's on my Colosseum team, dropping 1.1k Curaja's on the whole team, plus can remove nearly any status (and even has an AoE Cure/Full status cure as limit break). Doesn't do anything else though other than heal, so Fina can be better with her buff, or someone else with more utility.

For straight up big heals though, she seems to be the best in the game currently.

Visceir

So new JP event is a collaboration with Dragon Quest Monsters Super Lite, another smartphone game. You can summon monsters as party members for this. You get the Slime for free when you login.

Dragon Lord (6 Star), Golem Kandata, Killer Machine, Yamata no Orochi (6 Star), and Hagure Metal/Liquid Metal Slime are the other ones you can grab. Summons are coming in two waves as well as some additional items you can trade for using the farmable currency.

A shame we seemed to just get monsters as gacha units and not actual main cast characters. I guess there's a good chance we still might get those in future.

Need to get that 125 atk Loto's (Erdrick’s) sword though :eek:

It's cool they're giving the slime to everyone for free. The attack animations looked super cute and he gives a bonus to the needed items drop rate.

Also, Laswell 6*! (doubt I'll be using him though, still cool!)

Edit: They also showed off the Version 2.0 UI and the new additions. Including the locations of where mats for needed craftable items drop, an interactive map, stat pots being displayed properly and some kind of friend leveling system where you level up depending on how often your unit gets used by friends(?)

fionel

JP version player here. Gacha rate for 5 star pulls in this game is truly abysmal. I just pulled 49 times 27 tickets + 10000 lapis (22 pulls) and got exactly zero rainbow crystals. It is depressing.

I never paid any money for this game and I've been playing since the JP release. I must have pulled over 500 times or more and I have only seen a rainbow crystal ONCE, and I got a useless Gafgarion out of it...

I simply cannot see myself putting a dime in a game where the rate is sooo low I would have to invest hundreds of $ to get a character I want. Oh well same story goes for every other social game on the market I guess. This game is fun enough that keeps me playing for so long though. Shame about the terrible terrible rate :(

chrono01

Nooo...i dont wanna pay for the game - would be tough not to go nuts on DQ/CT units :-/
Well, they already did Seiken Densetsu, haha. Hopefully they branch out to all of their IP's, since they've already doing DQ (well, DQML anyway).

But man...if they did Chrono Trigger...ALL OF MY MONEY.

(Or I'd just re-roll for one of them.)

Visceir

JP version player here. Gacha rate for 5 star pulls in this game is truly abysmal. I just pulled 49 times 27 tickets + 10000 lapis (22 pulls) and got exactly zero rainbow crystals. It is depressing.

I never paid any money for this game and I've been playing since the JP release. I must have pulled over 500 times or more and I have only seen a rainbow crystal ONCE, and I got a useless Gafgarion out of it...

I simply cannot see myself putting a dime in a game where the rate is sooo low I would have to invest hundreds of $ to get a character I want. Oh well same story goes for every other social game on the market I guess. This game is fun enough that keeps me playing for so long though. Shame about the terrible terrible rate :(

Yea, keep hearing from people who drop 50k - 60k lapis without getting a single rainbow.

So far I've found the best approach to be just to do daily pulls (250 lapis) and at most one 5k pulls for a batch that seems really appealing and worthwhile. Just can't and shouldn't expect to have top of the line brand new units whenever something new gets released.

I'm non-IAP, currently sitting on 20 summon tickets and 40k lapis. My recent pulls from summon tickets have been Shine (4* - 6*), Ruruka (4* - 6*), Refia (4* - 6*) and Lightning (5* - 6*) + Majin Fina (5* - 6*) from dailies.

Previous to that I had gotten a Ramza from the FFT batch so there was a couple of months inbetween my rainbow crystal pulls.

With the old units like Firion and Exdeath getting 6* I've got more seriously good units than I've got room for in a party and a fitting character for every instances.

Still never pulled Cecil though, haha.

Feep

Banned
Yea, keep hearing from people who drop 50k - 60k lapis without getting a single rainbow.

So far I've found the best approach to be just to do daily pulls (250 lapis) and at most one 5k pulls for a batch that seems really appealing and worthwhile. Just can't and shouldn't expect to have top of the line brand new units whenever something new gets released.

I'm non-IAP, currently sitting on 20 summon tickets and 40k lapis. My recent pulls from summon tickets have been Shine (4* - 6*), Ruruka (4* - 6*), Refia (4* - 6*) and Lightning (5* - 6*) + Majin Fina (5* - 6*) from dailies.

Previous to that I had gotten a Ramza from the FFT batch so there was a couple of months inbetween my rainbow crystal pulls.

With the old units like Firion and Exdeath getting 6* I've got more seriously good units than I've got room for in a party and a fitting character for every instances.

I forgot where I read this, but 3-star is around 80%, 4-star 18%, and 5-star 2%, if unadjusted by events. At those odds, going fifty pulls without a single 5-star draw happens 36.4% of the time, which isn't crazy or anything. Happens to more than one in three players.

fionel

Wow, you're really lucky to have 3 chars that start from 5* for being non-IAP. I'm so jealous ;) Looks like I'll be stuck with the 2nd class 6* for now, with the exception of Bartz and Cecil, who were vital in helping me beat Gilgamesh.

But at this rate I'm willing to bet a super boss somewhere down the line will require a party of nothing less than 5* starters, and god I'd be so damn frustrated for playing this game for so long and not have a party ready for it.

Doesn't help that they've become very stingy in handing out lapis through missions lately too :(

Visceir

I forgot where I read this, but 3-star is around 80%, 4-star 18%, and 5-star 2%, if unadjusted by events. At those odds, going fifty pulls without a single 5-star draw happens 36.4% of the time, which isn't crazy or anything. Happens to more than one in three players.

Yeah, I remember when Lightning initially got released many, including myself, seemed to have the expectation that surely if you drop 10k on pulls that there's a good chance you'll get the top tier rainbow unit from that rate-up batch.

Since then I've adjusted my expectations and generally find the game experience more enjoyable for that.

They've been also fairly good about giving out lapis and summon tickets, I find it important to keep a cool head and not spend all of it on just one batch.

With the recent events they're getting more generous with handing out powerful materias/equipment too. First the +30% atk materia and 107 atk katana from Gilgamesh and now a 125 sword from DQ event, pretty cool.

Doesn't help that they've become very stingy in handing out lapis through missions lately too :(

It's less than what the previous ones were but still more than what we originally got, so I find it hard to complain. Honestly, I'm slightly amazed they actually were so generous with the challenge rewards -- that's where my 40k lapis came from.

fionel

Like I said, I've pulled more than 500 times and have only gotten 1 rainbow, so at least to me the rate is more like 0.2%.

Not saying my 50 pull result was crazy or calling the RNG bugged but it was still frustrating and I wanted to vent :p

Rixa

JP will make daily login rewards same type than Global has. Ie byebye 100 Lapis per day. What this means (one would think its temporary) is that Global players will get more Lapis per day than JP players.

DLR - Same (I would think JP has better rewards tho, like 3 tix end of month, I might be wrong).
Daily Quests - Global exclusive 50 Lapis per day
PVP - JP exclusive at the moment 40 Lapis per day

Gumi offering better rewards to Global players than Sqeenix for JP players.
O tempora o mores!

Am I missing something? What's so important about units at 5* already, as opposed to getting 5* capable units at 3* and ranking them up? If anything you're missing out on filling out the character encyclopaedia.

Euphor!a

Banned
Am I missing something? What's so important about units at 5* already, as opposed to getting 5* capable units at 3* and ranking them up? If anything you're missing out on filling out the character encyclopaedia.

What you're missing is that not all units start at 3 stars. Some of the best units start at 5 stars.

What you're missing is that not all units start at 3 stars. Some of the best units start at 5 stars.

Ooooooh, I see. I didn't know about that. Yeah, that's got to make getting those a nightmare.

You can still get units that start at 3* as a rainbow crystal, no? Wouldn't that make that a huge waste of a rainbow roll?

Visceir

Ooooooh, I see. I didn't know about that. Yeah, that's got to make getting those a nightmare.

You can still get units that start at 3* as a rainbow crystal, no? Wouldn't that make that a huge waste of a rainbow roll?

Yup, generally when there's a rate-up there's a good chance you'll get the one new unit that starts at 5* though if it's a rainbow. I do have heard some stories of those nightmare scenarios happening to people though.

Pejo

Thank god we're getting some magicite farming event this weekend. I wanna get all of my espers at least to rank 2. I feel like it's the weakest part of my game right now. I have a level 25 rank 2 Ifrit, and the other 3 are stuck at the teen levels, rank 1. I haven't found a truly great place to farm blue, violet, or orange magicite (at least as efficient as Earth shrine for reds.)

Leo is taking forever to grind to max, he must be at the absolute worst xp growth chart. I think after I get him and CoD maxed out, my "main" party is going to be Cecil - Healer/tank, Leo - breaker/paralyze/tank, CoD - dps and resistances, Bartz - dps, and Terra as my mage/raise unit/backup healer. Right now my Bartz slightly beats my CoD for higher attack, so he's my friend unit for the time being, might switch it up a bit eventually.

Still leaving Zidane in my Colosseum party for stealing, his 100% steal chance with Terra's Graviga makes breezing through 90% of the Colosseum battles super quick, while stealing from every steal-able enemy. Graviga is the true MVP.

I feel like Terra's only real weakness in her game is that she only natively gets the fire element. I got so many Rydias, that i'm about halfway done with her Blizzaga trust, so that will be nice once I'm fully maxed out and into Trust Grind mode.

Rixa

Thank god we're getting some magicite farming event this weekend. I wanna get all of my espers at least to rank 2. I feel like it's the weakest part of my game right now. I have a level 25 rank 2 Ifrit, and the other 3 are stuck at the teen levels, rank 1. I haven't found a truly great place to farm blue, violet, or orange magicite (at least as efficient as Earth shrine for reds.)

Thats why you farm "Phantom Forest - Exploration". You get green magicites from there and you use them to your espers.

Pejo

Thats why you farm "Phantom Forest - Exploration". You get green magicites from there and you use them to your espers.

Oh I must have missed that. What makes Phantom Forest better than earth shrine? Better chance to drop more (or higher rank) magicite per run?

Rixa

Oh I must have missed that. What makes Phantom Forest better than earth shrine? Better chance to drop more (or higher rank) magicite per run?

Yeah you get Green mEgacites there + both rank & unit exp is decent and its kinda fast to run, costs 8 nrg per run.

Yeah you get Green mEgacites there + both rank & unit exp is decent and its kinda fast to run, costs 8 nrg per run.

Also its pretty short even getting all three resource points, and to top it off the enemies drop Heaven's Ash like there's no tomorrow. It's my Explorable mode of choice too.

Also cat avatar brofist. :) Is that a Chausie / Abyssinian too?

WarAdept

There's no way to get more Charm Bangles/items with Encounter Reduction is there?

Farming nodes in Wolfsgang Peak is absolute balls.

Shouta

Magicite/Megacite (or whatever they're called, stuff to level Summons) becomes more plentiful later because of events, so I wouldn't worry too much about farming them right now. I got like 400 of each thanks to farming a few events a bunch like the Type-Zero one. I'm stocked for whenever they release Level 3 forms.

rhino4evr

Can someone explain to me why this game is still unavailable in the US through "normal" means? It's frustrating to see people at level 80 when the game isn't even officially out yet.

Rixa

So JP Square Enix channel put this promo out for the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvnRuiG8M_s

That narrator voice is so cheesy, lol. Sort of reminds me of the Soul Edge intro narrator but not as good or as cheesy.
I liked the trailer and as non native English speaker I didnt find it cheesy, maybe voice was little too bass sounding.

Also its pretty short even getting all three resource points, and to top it off the enemies drop Heaven's Ash like there's no tomorrow. It's my Explorable mode of choice too.
Also cat avatar brofist. :) Is that a Chausie / Abyssinian too?
You get Earth Cores too + there is small chance (1/15 or so) you get Sacred Crystal drop from boss.

About the cat:
Nope, its Oriental Longhair called "Elmo".
P1018224.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom