• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffmuff

Neo Member
Can you have fun with this without bothering with this rerolling nonsense or will you just be too weak?

Atm yes! The main chars (f2p) are pretty good too. You can play the story and dungeons without spending a single penny or rerolling til death. You can add some god tier friends too

Vitanimus

giphy.gif

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well you can handle most of the (coming) content f2p. However a few high end events requires god tier units.

Aim/hope for Exdeath - Cecil - Cloud of Darkness - Bartz - Vaan - Kefka - Terra

Dont hope for Exdeath and Cecil with your 10 tickets guys. Rolled over 350 times with a script and "only" got 3 x CoD, 1 x Bartz, 3 x Vaan and a five star Terra. Just use it for fun or hope for some rate-up events. A nice guy on reddit provided me a Exdeath at least.

OK - thanks!

Muffmuff

Neo Member
If I read correctly, you shouldn't link it with your fb account until you have 500 lapis?

No until you got the 500 lapis and draw a good unit with it. You have to redo the tutorial if you got a bad unit (there is no "load before the pull" function :p)

Muffmuff

Neo Member
I don't have fb, made one just for this. So I have to made 2nd fb account and then?

Yep, one with a bad rolled unit for reset the data and one for saving the wanted unit.

i logged into my fb account when i launched the game is it too late to reroll?

Well when you draw a bad unit - yes. But you can still use a fake fb acc for rerolling and add some FFBE friends, they doesnt count as ingame friends but have the same benefits.

chobo

Neo Member
Yep, one with a bad rolled unit for reset the data and one for saving the wanted unit.

Well when you draw a bad unit - yes. But you can still use a fake fb acc for rerolling and add some FFBE friends, they doesnt count as ingame friends but have the same benefits.

ah ok thanks, well i guess still another 3 hour wait.. lol

CCIE

Banned
Man I really would like to add one of Vivi, Krile, or Shantotto to my party... those characters rock this game as guests. The second island really starts requiring some sort of mage

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This game already had more extended maintenance than all other f2p games i ever played combined...guess that no surprise for people who are used to Gumi....lol.

Yup I see your point. Iam also missing good pure mage, my best is Shantotto.
Not sure if you have already checked but here is FFBE JP tier lists. Use google translator to get something out of it :). It gives nice guidance how high JP players rate different units.
I was extremely lucky with my June 28th day ticket yolo pull which gave me Firion. Now my party is: Vaan / Cecil / Krile / CoD / Firion (4* need more exp, got mats ready for awaken). As you can see, my party is based with hybrids & normal attacks, thus getting enemy that resist normal attacks can be really tough to me (Shantotto is so squishy).

Thats a nice team - congrats. With that squad you wont need to pull again anytime soon so it easier to wait for some events down the line. I remember the site....Lightning got downgraded from 100 - end of an era...she is straight trash now xD

Visceir

Can you have fun with this without bothering with this rerolling nonsense or will you just be too weak?

I would argue that this is when the game is the most fun. Most people insanely overlevel their characters which takes all the challenge out of random encounters while if you were to keep your characters reasonably low level the game would be more challenging and fun.

I'll probably PM a Mod, but if one of you is reading this -- could you please change the thread title to reflect that the game is officially out once the maint ends?

My hype level has deflated tremendously with this extended downtime. I was hoping to make my day at work the least productive I possibly could. Servers not yet being live really puts a damper on things.

On a side note, the developers not having the time in DST is really annoying (maintenance window should read as 8-11 PDT, not 7-10 PST).

I'm playing entirely without rerolls (and even without using the vast majority of my lapis) and have zero issues. Which I admit is pretty rare for a gacha game. This game in general feels very much the opposite of the usual cash-grabs, with lovingly detailed animations, amazing music and great backgrounds. I can't believe I'm saying that about a Square mobile game, how things have changed since stuff like All the Bravest.

mjc

My hype level has deflated tremendously with this extended downtime. I was hoping to make my day at work the least productive I possibly could. Servers not yet being live really puts a damper on things.

On a side note, the developers not having the time in DST is really annoying (maintenance window should read as 8-11 PDT, not 7-10 PST).

I'm still interested in the game, but since they blew smoke up our asses at E3 my hype has been slowly dropping. They should have launched a week or two ago.

cw_sasuke

You get quite useful Story characters in the game which are enough to beat most available challenges and the Storymode

Does this game require a Facebook account or can it be played without one.

You dont need a facebook account to play the game. But i would recommend at least a dummy facebook account so that you can play on multiple devices and can restore your game if you phone gets stolen or dies.

Bladelaw

Is this game best played on phone or tablet? Basically if a play session is something like 15-20 minutes I'd rather do that on a tablet than my phone.

cw_sasuke

Is this game best played on phone or tablet? Basically if a play session is something like 15-20 minutes I'd rather do that on a tablet than my phone.

Doesnt really matter...if logged in with a facebook account you can play on both devices without any issues anyway. So just choose whatever you like depending on the situation.

At least the compensation for the extended maintenance should be ok. Probably get some free lapis, energy and maybe a cactaur and gil snapper. They should be really nice and give us the last pre registration reward since the extended downtime is on launch day. We all know that won't happen though :(

Kouriozan

Is this game going to be functional on a 4s? Record Keeper crashes a lot, and loading takes forever.

I also have a lot of problem with Record Keeper, like some long loadings and connection errors.
Brave Exvius so far is much better, appart from the slight pause when selecting abilities. The Japanese version don't have it so it can be fixed.

LakeEarth

I also have a lot of problem with Record Keeper, like a lot of neverending loadings.
Brave Exvius so far is much better, appart from the slight pause when selecting abilities. The Japanese version don't have it so it can be fixed.

Thanks, you convinced me to download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom