• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
Guys the Global pre-register is over. So I guess we can expect a morning release! Hopefully before friday.

Yay. Hopefully launch comes with an updated app that fixes skill menu lag.

(Wishful thinking)

Im gonna burn all 7.3k lapis on whatever >:3

mikemandey

Yay. Hopefully launch comes with an updated app that fixes skill menu lag.

(Wishful thinking)

Im gonna burn all 7.3k lapis on whatever >:3

I wish you good luck my friend.. I did 54 pulls (54x500 = 27000 lapis) and here's the result in case you're wondering:

4 Star Units:
  • 8 Kain
  • 4 Galuf
  • 4 Fran
  • 3 Shantotto
  • 3 Luna
  • 3 Clyne
  • 3 Bedile
  • 3 Shadow
  • 3 Maria
  • 2 Anzelm
  • 2 Cyan
  • 2 Penelo
  • Krile
  • Edgar
  • Rydia
  • Sabin
  • Russell

5 Star Units:
  • 2 Celes
  • Kuja
  • Cloud of Darkness
  • Roselia
  • Miyuki
  • Xiao
  • Vaan
  • Terra

Not bad but also not good considering how many Lapis I've spent

Vex_

Banned
I wish you good luck my friend.. I did 54 pulls (54x500 = 27000 lapis) and here's the result in case you're wondering:

4 Star Units:
  • 8 Kain
  • 4 Galuf
  • 4 Fran
  • 3 Shantotto
  • 3 Luna
  • 3 Clyne
  • 3 Bedile
  • 3 Shadow
  • 3 Maria
  • 2 Anzelm
  • 2 Cyan
  • 2 Penelo
  • Krile
  • Edgar
  • Rydia
  • Sabin
  • Russell

5 Star Units:
  • 2 Celes
  • Kuja
  • Cloud of Darkness
  • Roselia
  • Miyuki
  • Xiao
  • Vaan
  • Terra

Not bad but also not good considering how many Lapis I've spent

Yup. Forget it. Probably just gonna spend my free golden tickets then...

chrono01

Global version has been confirmed for release, the game is now available on the Canadian iOS app store (need to search for it under "Square Enix Inc." for it to show up, though).

Rixa

Game is apparently having scheduled maintenance. Crashes to iPhone home screen. Good start to launch a game :/

They havent launched global yet :p No official info, you just can DL game. This is Scheduled 8h maintenance they informed beforehand.
olahqeA.jpg
"We will be performing maintenance in preparation for our global launch."

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cant wait for the tickets - hope ill get lucky enough for one new Top Tier unit. I think one more good unit and my team would be good enough for a long time. Also might let me clear The Final Coliseum Boss...have been stuck there for a week now.

Rixa

Cant wait for the tickets - hope ill get lucky enough for one new Top Tier unit. I think one more good unit and my team would be good enough for a long time. Also might let me clear The Final Coliseum Boss...have been stuck there for a week now.

I might try to get this b-e.com overview Chizuru.
I don't know when Chizuru comes and when it has rate up. It should be first 4-6* unit, so even tougher to get than 3-5* units now in game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I might try to get this b-e.com overview Chizuru.
I don't know when Chizuru comes and when it has rate up. It should be first 4-6* unit, so even tougher to get than 3-5* units now in game.

Hmm...looks good but i would be more than fine getting some of the current Top Tiers with guaranteed 6* versions down the Line - like Bartz, Ex-Death etc.

A powerful mage is what im missing right now - i have Vivi and Rydia but since they are only 4* they are kinda lacking in the Stat department.

Im happy with my main squad (Cecil,Garland,CoD,Edgar, Fina/Kain/Lasswell) .....but one more damage dealer ala Ex-Death would be nice.

Rixa

Hmm...looks good but i would be more than fine getting some of the current Top Tiers with guaranteed 6* versions down the Line - like Bartz, Ex-Death etc.

A powerful mage is what im missing right now - i have Vivi and Rydia but since they are only 4* they are kinda lacking in the Stat department.

Im happy with my main squad (Cecil,Garland,CoD,Edgar, Fina/Kain/Lasswell) .....but one more damage dealer ala Ex-Death would be nice.

Yup I see your point. Iam also missing good pure mage, my best is Shantotto.
Not sure if you have already checked but here is FFBE JP tier lists. Use google translator to get something out of it :). It gives nice guidance how high JP players rate different units.
I was extremely lucky with my June 28th day ticket yolo pull which gave me Firion. Now my party is: Vaan / Cecil / Krile / CoD / Firion (4* need more exp, got mats ready for awaken). As you can see, my party is based with hybrids & normal attacks, thus getting enemy that resist normal attacks can be really tough to me (Shantotto is so squishy).

Althane

It looks like the free units we're getting are pretty low-tier according to the JP Tier ranking.

Still, I'm not planning on re-rolling for this game, so I should be alright with just the 10x pull from the summon tickets we get, and rolling with that? Figure I'll save everything up for an event (hopefully maybe get Lightning!) and blow it then.

Rixa

It looks like the free units we're getting are pretty low-tier according to the JP Tier ranking.

Still, I'm not planning on re-rolling for this game, so I should be alright with just the 10x pull from the summon tickets we get, and rolling with that? Figure I'll save everything up for an event (hopefully maybe get Lightning!) and blow it then.

2/3 Units we get are literally free, you can pull Biggs & Wedge with friend points. Magitek Terra is kinda novelty unit. I dont plan to sell it nor to use it, just keeping it for collecting dust.

Althane

2/3 Units we get are literally free, you can pull Biggs & Wedge with friend points. Magitek Terra is kinda novelty unit. I dont plan to sell it nor to use it, just keeping it for collecting dust.

Well, that kind of sucks. =\

I mean, I didn't expect super awesome units, but it would've been nice to get something good. Guess I'll blow my summon tickets at the start and save my lapis for events.

Bisonian

Got a few tips for worldwide players starting out that aren't immediately obvious? Any way we can screw ourselves down the line with early bad decisions?

Chucker

Deleted my Swedish version to get up in that American goodness.

I don't think we were ever gonna hit that last tier. Will probably use some tickets since I have no 5* units, or any of the heavy hitters.

Current party (from memory).
Cyan, Kain, Vivi, Fran, (Eldin for stealing) replaceable with either Lasswell or Rain.

Got a few tips for worldwide players starting out that aren't immediately obvious? Any way we can screw ourselves down the line with early bad decisions?

You can't really screw yourself. I never got Garland, Ex-Death or any of the other OMG Tier characters and was still able to beat the white dragon before the expansion.

Rixa

1. Unless you are sure that you wont reroll. Don't bind your account to your main FB.
2. Almost only awaken material you need from Awaken material Vortex is Sacred Crystals and you get them from INT version. 2nd Island is full of materials like Heaven's Ash & Earth Cores
3. 1st Island story battle "Grandsheld Catacombs - Exit" is one of the best rank exp places (3 nrg / 72 rank exp).
4. 2nd Island "Phantom Forest - Exploration" is one of the best places to get Heaven's Ash & Megacites (green) & decent rank & unit exp. Costs 8 nrg per run and you get 172 rank xp, unit xp varies.
5. Exploration dungeons can have up to 20 battles.
6. Gil Vortex is poor place to get Gil. If you don't have anything else to do, open Gil Vortex & run every difficulty once (I think you dont get Lapis either from completion) to fulfill daily quest Vortex part.
7. Do every dailie every day so you get 50 Lapis per day.
8. You might want to raise Material slots to 70-80 slots. Default is 50 and it will get full fast.
9. You can steal from enemies in colosseum.
10. You need total of 30 Trophies to get recipe for Hero's Ring B-E forum info about HR. I have 4 Hero's Ring crafted, prolly wont need more in near future.

Some words & suggestions. Lot more here in Brave-Exvius.com forums

I just ordered a new phone, Asus ZenFone 2 Laser, which has a Snapdragon 615 Processor and 3 GB of RAM. Does anyone with a similar spec'd Android device know if the game will run well? It's an octa-core (1.7 GHz Quad + 1.0 GHz Quad) that should generally be solid, but I'm concerned about it's clock speeds with this game only running on 1 core.

Rahvar

I just ordered a new phone, Asus ZenFone 2 Laser, which has a Snapdragon 615 Processor and 3 GB of RAM. Does anyone with a similar spec'd Android device know if the game will run well? It's an octa-core (1.7 GHz Quad + 1.0 GHz Quad) that should generally be solid, but I'm concerned about it's clock speeds with this game only running on 1 core.

Should be fine. My wife plays it on her Moto G3, which is not a stellar phone

Kouriozan

Was it actually ever delayed? They never announced a date as far as I know.

Indeed, all we had is "more info soon" everytime someone asked about it.
Then Square-Enix said they were ready for the release at E3 but Gumi had some last stuff to do before which I suppose was translation-related.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is the power creep in this going to be like Brave Frontier? It got pretty expensive to keep up with that game...

E: Also, I'm going to at least try it out. Is there a character to re-roll for?

Muffmuff

Neo Member
Is the power creep in this going to be like Brave Frontier? It got pretty expensive to keep up with that game...

Well you can handle most of the (coming) content f2p. However a few high end events requires god tier units.

IAlso, I'm going to at least try it out. Is there a character to re-roll for?

Aim/hope for Exdeath - Cecil - Cloud of Darkness - Bartz - Vaan - Kefka - Terra

Dont hope for Exdeath and Cecil with your 10 tickets guys. Rolled over 350 times with a script and "only" got 3 x CoD, 1 x Bartz, 3 x Vaan and a five star Terra. Just use it for fun or hope for some rate-up events. A nice guy on reddit provided me a Exdeath at least.

Dawg

Care to show me a post where they say game is now launched as globally?

All I meant was that them making the game available on all stores during a maintenance perhaps isn't the best idea to give new players a good first impression :p

Phazon

All I meant was that them making the game available on all stores during a maintenance perhaps isn't the best idea to give new players a good first impression :p

I suppose this was maybe just google and apple putting it on their store today whenever they can/feel like it. But yeah. Already saw a ton of 1* reviews on the play store :p

Kouriozan

Can you have fun with this without bothering with this rerolling nonsense or will you just be too weak?
The game gives you 3 pretty good story characters, with the free 10 rare summon tickets, nobody should have any troubles.
For example, Lasswell, one of 2 first guy you get, is my strongest physical character, Rain is more of a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom