• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Well, this extended maintenance is a little frustrating.

I'm stuck waiting for Brave Exvius to be available, and for Zero Escape to become downloadable on Steam... This situation is killing me (no allusion to the later game intended).

CCIE

Banned
May restart with the official launch. Have a pretty sweet team except for the lack of a decent Mage, though (only been playing two days) Maybe I'll burn some tickets soon to try and get Vivi or Shantotto. My party is ridiculous when those two are guests. Hard to start over though when Cecil is about to move to 5*, and Rain/Lass are ready for four.

Decisions, decisions. I even was lucky enough to pull Eldin, though I'd rather have Paul

CCIE

Banned
I will be strong and wait for a rate-up pull I guess. Should be a LOT more magic user guests I can use over the next few weeks. Still, going to be HARD to beat the White Dragon without some sort of Bio spell... Want to do so before he disappears

Dawg

I will be strong and wait for a rate-up pull I guess. Should be a LOT more magic user guests I can use over the next few weeks. Still, going to be HARD to beat the White Dragon without some sort of Bio spell... Want to do so before he disappears

I defeated him with paralyze spells and Bio Blaster (poison) which you can craft.

Pejo

All this talk of official launch and rerolling and when to use tickets, and I'm just sitting here thinking of all the NRG that's going to waste.

CCIE

Banned
I've got my Dummy Facebook account which will get the ten free summon tickets. I'll probably burn those and then decide. It's hard to decide, simply because I've used Vaan as a guest many times.

My favorite guest units have been Vaan, Bartz, Vivi, and Shantotto. Everyone loves Cecil, but I think he's kind of blah personally. Decisions, decisions...

Vaan is probably the best character simply because of the ability to steal. That is VITAL from what I've seen in my limited time with the beta these last few days

Visceir

My favorite guest units have been Vaan, Bartz, Vivi, and Shantotto. Everyone loves Cecil, but I think he's kind of blah personally. Decisions, decisions...

Vaan is probably the best character simply because of the ability to steal. That is VITAL from what I've seen in my limited time with the beta these last few days

Cecil is the most overrated unit in global, lol.

Steal isn't all that important anymore now that the second island is in the game.

mikemandey

I've got my Dummy Facebook account which will get the ten free summon tickets. I'll probably burn those and then decide. It's hard to decide, simply because I've used Vaan as a guest many times.

If you really want Steal skill, get Zidane. He has, by far, a higher chance to steal than anyone else.

Cecil is the most overrated unit in global, lol.

Steal isn't all that important anymore now that the second island is in the game.

He is an Elite unit who gets 6* form later, I wouldn't say overrated

Visceir

He is an Elite unit who has 6* form later, I wouldn't say overrated

He is pretty much trash tier until he gets 6* (4 months later) and by then there is a vast amount of other great units to put in your team.

Admittedly his trust is pretty cool, but how many of you would be willing to put in the time to get it?

Never pulled Cecil on JP acc and don't miss it at all. Tanks generally are bottom tier in a game where one-shotting stuff becomes the meta.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
He is pretty much trash tier until he gets 6* (4 months later) and by then there is a vast amount of other great units to put in your team.

Admittedly his trust is pretty cool, but how many of you would be willing to put in the time to get it?

Never pulled Cecil on JP acc and don't miss it at all. Tanks generally are bottom tier in a game where one-shotting stuff becomes the meta.

Nah i dont think thats true - he was a MVP for me against a bunch of Coliseum bosses including Europe for saving other members from getting bodied. Its true that he doesnt really shine until his 6* version - but he is already useful if you have other damage dealers.

"One-shotting becomes the Meta" ....sure if you have the units to one-shot everything in your way. For people with less luck tank/defensive teams will always be an options...might take a bit longer to clear content but you can pull it off.

Also i dont think Cecil would have this high of a rating when he is useless as tank for tougher Challenges down the line. Unless you are a uberwhale you probably wont just Oneshot the toughest challenges in the game lol.

Should be fine. My wife plays it on her Moto G3, which is not a stellar phone
Is the ability list lag bad for her in battle? What about the exploration stages? Those are both incredibly annoying while playing the game on my laptop (Nox) or my cheapo tablet (Astro Tab A924). Exploration stages FPS can get so low that I have actively avoided them as a result.

Muffmuff

Neo Member
Oh dang all can use the rewards for rerolling. So 13 pulls after tut... hopfully they wont lower the top tier unit rate during this time :>

Is the ability list lag bad for her in battle? What about the exploration stages? Those are both incredibly annoying while playing the game on my laptop (Nox) or my cheapo tablet (Astro Tab A924). Exploration stages FPS can get so low that I have actively avoided them as a result.

I had ability lags on my S6 and (highend) PC emu too so not a resource thing.

Visceir

Nah i dont think thats true - he was a MVP for me against a bunch of Coliseum bosses including Europe for saving other members from getting bodied. Its true that he doesnt really shine until his 6* version - but he is already useful if you have other damage dealers.

"One-shotting becomes the Meta" ....sure if you have the units to one-shot everything in your way. For people with less luck tank/defensive teams will always be an options...might take a bit longer to clear content but you can pull it off.

Also i dont think Cecil would have this high of a rating when he is useless as tank for tougher Challenges down the line. Unless you are a uberwhale you probably wont just Oneshot the toughest challenges in the game lol.

You're trying to make the best out of the situation understandably, I'm just stating that he is far from top-tier or an unit that people should be actively clamoring for in the current version of GL -- an alright unit that is overrated.

Also, most of the hard bosses will deal majority of their damage from AoE spells which Cecil can't really do much about. Generally also all the other top-tier units are sturdy enough to do fine without a tank.

It's also misguided to look at unit ratings from a version that is 6 months ahead of GL.

Again, nothing wrong with wanting Cecil or having him in your team but he is just really overrated by GL players compared to other top-tier units who can make a much bigger impact.

cw_sasuke

You're trying to make the best out of the situation understandably, I'm just stating that he is far from top-tier or an unit that people should be actively clamoring for in the current version of GL -- an alright unit that is overrated.

Also, most of the hard bosses will deal majority of their damage from AoE spells which Cecil can't really do much about. Generally also all the other top-tier units are sturdy enough to do fine without a tank.

It's also misguided to look at unit ratings from a version that is 6 months ahead of GL.

Again, nothing wrong with wanting Cecil or having him in your team but he is just really overrated by GL players compared to other top-tier units who can make a much bigger impact.

Im not disagreeing with anything you say - just have to remember if im a new player reading this thread and reading that Cecil is Trash Tier ...well thats not really fair lol. He isnt OP as the pure damage dealer we have right now like Ex-Death or Bartz - but he is a good unit which will be the best Tank in the game once he gets his 6* version.

I can only speak from my experience but max lvl 5* Cecil saved me and my team a bunch of time in Bossfights so i feel he is a unit you can build you team around. Cecil + Fina already means your team will be tough to kill, add in leveled Laswell+Rain and only one more Gacha Damage dealer ala Bartz/Ex-Death and you will probably be fine for a longass time.

PS: Also these f2p games are 99% about preparing for future content and co. Right now you can clear everything the game offers with the Storyunits and the shittiest gacha pulls anyway. So it make sense that people are taking into account how future proof units are.

Rahvar

Ability lag is as bad as for most of us, I use a LG G4 and our ability loading screens are about the same -_- No issues with exploration or other parts. Benefit of the game engine I guess, by just using 1 core it has to run well on lower end hardware. Also her phone only had 1GB of RAM and still no issues with the game

CCIE

Banned
Let me clear things up...

Cecil is not trash... not by a longshot - dude wrecks shop. He's just kind of blah to me. I'm interested in a character that is fun to play (not PvP power), so I think I will re-roll. Although won't age well I am most interested in Terra, because I won't have to drag around Leah to heal so much. I can teach her the other offensive spells through Recipes.

So I think I will run with Vaan, Zidane, or Terra when I re-roll. Leaning more toward Terra than the others right now. I got my characters all to four star in less than three days so not much of a sacrifice to start again. Also use a dummy Facebook account for ungodly FP so I can get units that are more fun to play with in the free list

Just not having fun with Cecil, but as a character he is STRONG. Never died yet with the guy.

Rixa

I dont have ability lag at the moment. It takes around 1 second to open CoD that has 11 abilities + LB & Esper. Firion takes under 0.5 seconds. Lets hope it keeps this way.
Screenshot_20160629-203958.png
Day 30 dlr.

Vaenyr

Now that it's finally launching globally, I'll start playing.
Are there any events right now, for which I have limited time and should try to finish as soon as possible or should I just take my time and enjoy the game?

cw_sasuke

I dont have ability lag at the moment. It takes around 1 second to open CoD that has 11 abilities + LB & Esper. Firion takes under 0.5 seconds. Lets hope it keeps this way.

Day 30 dlr.

What a time to be Alive. Skill Lag fixed.

Coppanuva

Are there any events right now, for which I have limited time and should try to finish as soon as possible or should I just take my time and enjoy the game?

This weekend there should be an Esper crystal vortex up, I'd grind that while it's up. The story content is coming out slowly enough that it can wait, but grinding for esper crysts is a pain.

Also, just pulled Shanttoto but I have Exdeath already on my team. Is it worth levelling them up too? Currently I'm running: Rain, Laswell, Fina, Kain (with a Sabin as a possible sub).

No events happening right now. There's a Megacite dungeon coming this weekend to help level up espers, but those are events that will pop up quite a bit I think. Just enjoy the game at your pace right now.

Welp, was in, now I keep getting booted as the servers are apparently too busy to handle all the logins.

I'm expecting another message; "Maintenance has yet again been extended for 3 hours"...or something along those lines.

Kouriozan

At least I could see all the bonuses waiting to be claimed before it crashed, also it felt really weird to finally get the translation after 1 month playing it in English.

_woLf

Did they add any new units to the summon pool with the global release?

I want to save my tickets until Lightning is in the game :)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Oh? Is there a quick and dirty guide of how this works? Once the servers are back up, I'll start with the dummy accounts then.

Only need a single dummy account.
Just log into the dummy account and back out of the dummy account to restart the tutorial.

Once you have the units you want to play with then log into your main FB account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom