• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurizen

Still trying to login.. Deleted the old app and logged into the redownloaded app in my correct store. Any luck for you guys?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For the new players - there is a Google Doc GAF Friend ID in the OP as well - so are almost all other relevant tidbits like rerolling etc.
Oh? Is there a quick and dirty guide of how this works? Once the servers are back up, I'll start with the dummy accounts then.
Its all in the OP.
Finally it's released. Do we have to do anything to get the milestone rewards?
Nope, they are already in the ingame rewards.

Rixa

What a time to be Alive. Skill Lag fixed.
This!!! So great, CoD took around 1 second, Firion 0.5 seconds to open abilities.
I did read from crash when I was inside Phantom Forest Exploration dungeon, managed to clear it and got rewards, then crashed.
Screenshot_20160629-210401.png
Screenshot_20160629-210554.png
^^ Getting exp to Firion, thats why only 2 units. CoD can kill Chimera with its LB so no problems when using her as friend unit.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Still trying to login.. Deleted the old app and logged into the redownloaded app in my correct store. Any luck for you guys?

I was able to get in and play fine a while ago. Everything comes across just fine.

On a side note: don't start any expensive battles until the servers stabilize. I beat Titan lvl 2 when I got that server busy error. I restarted and was placed at the beginning of the Titan fight again but with the reduced mp and HP from my previous win. Beat him again with auto attacks and it crashed again. Now I'm probably going to fail this third time and lose my 15 stamina.

After typing your name in it gives me this: "please authenticate with your Facebook account again" and then it takes me to homescreen again...wtf?

CCIE

Banned
If new accounts get the bonuses as well, I'm probably re-rolling. I'll see what I can get on my Cecil account first, then I will re-roll an account if I don't like my pulls. Simply cannot get in though

Aurizen

If new accounts get the bonuses as well, I'm probably re-rolling. I'll see what I can get on my Cecil account first, then I will re-roll an account if I don't like my pulls. Simply cannot get in though

I thought everyone got the bonuses.

CCIE

Banned
They are just hammered... got in long enough to claim my tickets from email, then kicked off for data connection. Hope I still got my tickets

cw_sasuke

What a mess ...doesnt help that many people will want to reroll right now as well...yikes.

Kouriozan

Good luck if you are serious about re-rolling.
Personally I just wanted a character I like (and why I'll try to get Golbez when his rate up drop), got ExDeath on my 10th account.
Of course getting 10 tickets will speed up the process.

Bladelaw

Looking forward to giving this a go when I get home. Any chance the OP gets updated with some FAQs?

Specifically: The pre-reg bonuses (already listed), and how to get them (not listed)

What the microtransaction situation looks like (What can I buy/is it worth it?)

EDIT: Explicit rerolling instructions:
For Global:
•Star the game on a guest account.
•Complete the Tutorial and Latius Woods, you will now have 500 lapis.
•Head to the Gacha and make a pull.
•Tap the crystal and smash it, releasing your vision (unit)!
•If it's not a unit you want, go to Menu > Options and log into your dummy Facebook.
•When logging in for the first time, these accounts are now permanently linked.
•If this is not your first login, it will warn that you will lose your current data. Say yes.
•In Menu > Options, log out. The app will now close.
•Open the app again and you will start out on a fresh new guest account.
•Repeat ad nauseum.

mjc

So I uh, merged my FB account with the account right at the start. And now I see that diminishes my shot at rerolling.

despair.gif

CCIE

Banned
I've been playing for two days of the beta so to answer a few questions. The bonuses will show up in the email icon on the app once you are in the game. Seriously, though. You get enough bonuses that you don't have to spend very much. Lapis bonus as you progress, daily bonuses, etc...

I seriously have enough for 20 or so pulls including the free tickets, and I'm just going to burn them. Rate up would be nice, but you gain so quickly in this game that I'm not too worried about it. Unless something awesome is announced really soon.

Which it won't be, because everyone is getting this bonus stuff. I'm assuming the tutorial is the very beginning of the game before you get your first unit - crappy one star unit. Hope for Rizer, or Leah. One has paralyze, and the other heal

And there is the emergency maintenance message when logging in... Double Damn!

MicH

This is a Gumi game alright. After a year of playing Brave Frontier nothing surprises me anymore. There was one point where BF was down for 48 hours because they ducked the game up during maintenance

Shouta

Gumi Gonna Gumi.

JP does have emergency maintenance but it's not that often. They also give you Lapis for it, lol.

CCIE

Banned
Gumi calling MS for some more cloud storage would be my guess. As someone who works in this industry I should have known it would happen. Their servers simply cannot handle the load of a WW release. I'm expecting at least a few more hours maintenance

C'mon guys ! I think you are a little too harsh on the launch day of this game. It's simply normal to have an overflow in the server the day it launches, most of AAA games nowaday suffers from that... give them a break... for sure you'll get in soon (with a compensation, they always do that too)

CCIE

Banned
I managed to get in briefly, and there were several lapis bonus' in my email for the inconvenience. They are probably all gone though

Vaenyr

This weekend there should be an Esper crystal vortex up, I'd grind that while it's up. The story content is coming out slowly enough that it can wait, but grinding for esper crysts is a pain.

No events happening right now. There's a Megacite dungeon coming this weekend to help level up espers, but those are events that will pop up quite a bit I think. Just enjoy the game at your pace right now.

All right, thanks! :D
I think I'll wait until tomorrow, hopefully the servers will be stable by then.

Primus

I'm not gonna get my day 28 login bonus summon ticket because of this nonsense am I :(

You shouldn't worry, typical Gumi practice will be to do something (halt the timer, give everyone the login day) that'll make it so you don't lose the bonus.

cw_sasuke

C'mon guys ! I think you are a little too harsh on the launch day of this game. It's simply normal to have an overflow in the server the day it launches, most of AAA games nowaday suffers from that... give them a break... for sure you'll get in soon (with a compensation, they always do that too)

Sure, but whats the point of a staggered release and such a long beta phase if it ends up in such a shitty launch experience ? Obv is not the end of the world...but starting from the game being available as download when there are still hours of maintenance to this kind of launch - well you know what they say about first impressions.

Def. the worst f2p experience i had so far. Then again i havent played Gumi games before. Guess Bamco and OPTC spoiled me...heh.

Dandte

Sure, but whats the point of a staggered release and such a long beta phase if it ends up in such a shitty launch experience ? Obv is not the end of the world...but starting from the game being available as download when there are still hours of maintenance to this kind of launch - well you know what they say about first impressions.

Def. the worst f2p experience i had so far. Then again i havent played Gumi games before. Guess Bamco and OPTC spoiled me...heh.

Never forget fake double skill up.....

ooooh i'm in...how? o_O

Edit: nvm...was able to claim my rewards and did some colo runs and afterwards i got kicked.

Been trying to play the tutorial all day and I can't even do that.

What a mess.

EDIT: this reminds me of the pre-register site where it wouldn't let you pre-register

CCIE

Banned
Holy shit!! I managed to pull a five star Rosaria, 4 star Shantotto, 4* Vivi, 4* Kain, to go with my five star Cecil. May not have to re-roll after all. Sure could use a decent thief though

SFV had whole months of beta and still managed to screw up their launch day as an online only game, so it's definately possible that... they had some expectations on what to handle today, but in fact... it was wayy wayy more bigger than what they thought, no?

mjc

Got in long enough to do the first missions in the Earth Shrine, then got kicked out.

Eh, whatever.

That's about as far as I got before it kicked me too.

What does the restore option do on the main menu? Does that wipe connections to the Facebook link?

CCIE

Banned
And the game is down again... I think I'll log my dummy Facebook account on my phone and try ten pulls with that when the servers are up. Then I'll try a few more pulls to try and get Terra, but I'm almost happy with what I pulled so far on my Cecil account with the bonus tickets.

Could use a thief, and Lapis don't transfer devices so I have enough for another ten or so pulls - will be playing on my iPhone from now on. Then again I could wait for a rate-up and use my Lapis on my laptop at that time.

The Lapis will still be there on my other device, right?

Bisonian

Can't test this because it's not up, but everytime you want to re-roll you need a new and unique dummy fb account? Is that correct?

I gotta say, the 10 minutes that I actually got to play was pretty fun. The game looked and played very well. I can only speak for 10 minutes, but it was a glorious 10 minutes.

Can't wait to give them my money, once the servers stabilize and it's safe to start spending.

I also think I'm going to stick with whatever roll I get. I plan on buying currency to roll more characters, so the initial roll won't be an issue. I also can't see playing the tutorial more than once. My time is worth more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom