• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the game is down again... I think I'll log my dummy Facebook account on my phone and try ten pulls with that when the servers are up. Then I'll try a few more pulls to try and get Terra, but I'm almost happy with what I pulled so far on my Cecil account with the bonus tickets.

Could use a thief, and Lapis don't transfer devices so I have enough for another ten or so pulls - will be playing on my iPhone from now on. Then again I could wait for a rate-up and use my Lapis on my laptop at that time.

The Lapis will still be there on my other device, right?

Earth Key #25 will get you a Steal recipe so you don't need to worry about getting a character with the skill.

Nohar

"Patch day no play" it is then.

Oh well, I have Zero Escape to keep me occupied.

About Exvius: do I need an internet connection all the time for it to work? Will 3G/4G suffice? I got the impression from the game that it won't be the case (it kept telling me to find an internet connection in a place without it).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I gotta say, the 10 minutes that I actually got to play was pretty fun. The game looked and played very well. I can only speak for 10 minutes, but it was a glorious 10 minutes.

Can't wait to give them my money, once the servers stabilize and it's safe to start spending.

I also think I'm going to stick with whatever roll I get. I plan on buying currency to roll more characters, so the initial roll won't be an issue. I also can't see playing the tutorial more than once. My time is worth more than that.

How does rolling dupes work? Do they have skills or something that level?

Coppanuva

How does rolling dupes work? Do they have skills or something that level?

You can slowly grind this thing called "Trust" from each character (you have a chance to get a .1% increase each time you clear a vortex/stage/explore). Once you hit 100% on that character you get a trust mastery skill you can equip to other characters. If you have duplicates they each have their own trust mastery, or you can fuse the dupe in for a 5% increase to trust.

The 'optimal' method for trust would be to have multiple of the same unit (ex. 5) and increase trust to 100/# for each of them (ex. 20%). Then fuse.

Going from 0 to 100 on Zidane is going to be a real sonofabitch.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I'll go find the Earth Key for Steal then. Between Cecil and Roseria I should never, ever die (both 5* form), Rain/Lass, and I got both my mages in Shantotto and Vivi that I wanted - already in 4* form. That team kicks complete ass compared to what I've been using.

Which is the better mage for me to build up? Shantotto or Vivi? Hearing Vivi may get boosted in Japan soon.

I would still love to have Bartz, Xiao, Vaan, or Zidane. Then save up my Lapis for future pulls. There is a part of me that wants to try my luck with some alternate pulls though. Hearing Kain is getting a pretty nice 5* upgrade on the Japan side of the house and I pulled him as well.

Seriously, out of ten pulls Cecil, Roseria, Shantotto, Vivi, and Kain isn't all that bad. I have some options to work with.

Might try a few more re-rolls anyway, in case I can roll something more to my liking

Shouta

You can slowly grind this thing called "Trust" from each character (you have a chance to get a .1% increase each time you clear a vortex/stage/explore). Once you hit 100% on that character you get a trust mastery skill you can equip to other characters. If you have duplicates they each have their own trust mastery, or you can fuse the dupe in for a 5% increase to trust.

When you fuse a dupe in you get their Trust level +5% so, A dupe with 5% Trust that's fused into another gives 10%.

That's why when you have 5 of a unit, you need about 16% or something like that.

Dandte

Well...i wanted to celebrate global launch with a few pulls...not sure what to think About them...somehow i did 14 instead of 5....ooopsi

Orange chrystal....maria....dupe...god dammit
Oranfe chrystal....bedile....dupe...sryl?
Rydia dupe
Shadow dupe
Kain dupe
Cloud of darkness...new...wooohooo

Now i should have stopped

Clyne dupe
Clyne dupe
Russel new
Xiao new
Fran dupe
Fran dupe
Penelo new
Bartz...new...wohooo

Well i aimed for van or exdeath...

I got future 6* both of them ranked high...but why?

I guess i'm happy with my pulls.

CCIE

Banned
I was looking over the Wikia link provided, and God was I lucky with my ticket pulls. I also picked up Edmond, and Galuf in my pulls and I knew nothing about them.

I've got a team with Cecil, Roseria, Rain, Lass, Shantotto, Vivi, Galuf, Kain, and Edmund to choose from. Other units I pulled are trash though - to be expected. I might just sell those and my FP units that suck. They are taking too much room up on my list.

I am not too fond of Cecil, but Christ is he OP. Between him and Roseria I should pretty much never die. Cura and Curaja on the same team is almost unfair. And 6* Cecil with Sentinel (75%) down the road... may have to change my tune. I think I will level up a few of the others and see how things go. Going to be rocking the Experience Vortex for the next few days when the game is up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You did very well Dandte...CoD and Bartz - doesnt get much better their 6* version will wreck shit even more.

OK finally connected. The music is utterly brilliant first off. Graphics are great throwbacks with modern touch. How would you say the depth of this game compares to a traditional FF game?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Bartz is good? I stupidly linked my dummy account to my Bartz roll. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I keep that account "protected" with a smart password?

CCIE

Banned
Dante,

You have CoD, Bartz, and Xiao. Nothing will last more than a round or two against you. Those are GREAT pulls - damage dealers galore! Who needs healing when you are giving out that much damage that quickly.

A CoD has 50% resistance against all elements..

Jealous.

blackflag

Lol knew I shouldn't have rolled but with nothing else to do I said yolo.

Shadow
Shadow
Shadow
Rydia
Rydia
Luna
Russell
Krile
Bedile
Kain

All shit and all dups except Russell

ZangBa

Damn all 10 tickets plus 2 Lapis pulls were all straight trash. Deleted the game and sticking to FFRK. It's ok, but I didn't like it that much anyway.

Visceir

Hope actual rate-up events start in a week or two, no point in wasting those tickets right now unless you intend to reroll anyway.

Kouriozan

Dunno if it was already said but it's worth repeating, drawing a 4* or 5* is not important (until Lightning anyway)
You should look at which characters can awaken to 5* since it's really easy to do, and the best rated ones are those who can be 6* in the Japanese version currently.

Rixa

Got nothing but trash with my 10 tickets. Not even one 5*
I hope you meant units that can easily be awaken from 3* to 5*. I havent pulled single rainbow (5*) gem. Still my party is full of 5* units. Everyone is from 3* pull. I pulled Firion 3* version on monday, I just awakened it to 5*.
how good is shadow, Maria, and Clyne?
They arent very good. Shadow & Clyne are trash tier.

MicH

I hope you meant units that can easily be awaken from 3* to 5*. I havent pulled single rainbow (5*) gem. Still my party is full of 5* units. Everyone is from 3* pull. I pulled Firion 3* version on monday, I just awakened it to 5*.

They arent very good. Shadow & Clyne are trash tier.
Well, the best unit I have according to that JP tier list is Krile, sooo...

Vamphuntr

Got Celes, Rydia, Penelo, Fran, Shadow, Fran (dupe), Shantoto, Vaan, Cyan and Sabin. I'll play with this as I'm not into rerolling anymore in these games.

Dandte

So i now have

Future 6*

Cecil
CoD
Bartz
Terra (safe to assume)

5*

Duanne

Future 5*

Kain
Rydia
Galuf
Krile
Xiao (or maybe already?)
Maria

For Tm

Luna
Russel
Shantotto

Rixa

Got Celes, Rydia, Penelo, Fran, Shadow, Fran (dupe), Shantoto, Vaan, Cyan and Sabin. I'll play with this as I'm not into rerolling anymore in these games.
You are good to go. I started this game with Vaan (30ish rerolls). Vaan will help you alot in Colosseum especially where you cant loan friend units and cant use items. Celes is nice also. Shantotto is good mage that learns -aga spells 4* 60 lvl or some earlier, good TM too. Shadow is trash.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm almost to him, myself. What strat are you using? Breaks and barblizzara? I assume the challenge is the multi-target DPS.

I don't have full break so that is posing a problem for getting enough damage out before Krile runs out of MP.

mjc

So I'm assuming I want to use the 10 golden tickets for the rare summons? Which ones should I be hoping for? (I'm not planning on rerolling, I accidentally already tied my FB account to this username)

Kouriozan

At least Kain and Maria will eventually get a 5* awakening, my second pull ever with my main account was Penelo...
Defintely waiting for a rate up event.

MKAllDay

I played prior to release with a fake Swedish iTunes account. Now that the game is out I want to replace it with my real account. I know I can do this as my in game account is tied to FB. However, I have gathered that the way to do this is uninstall and reinstall the app from the US store. I am worried that doing this will cause me to lose my Lapis in the same way playing from both Android and iOS lets you transfer your account but not your Lapis.

Has anyone done the uninstall switch to US account reinstall and successfully retained their Lapis?

Vamphuntr

You are good to go. I started this game with Vaan (30ish rerolls). Vaan will help you alot in Colosseum especially where you cant loan friend units and cant use items. Celes is nice also. Shantotto is good mage that learns -aga spells 4* 60 lvl or some earlier, good TM too. Shadow is trash.

Why is Vaan so great? I really don't like him in XII haha. Happy Celes doesn't seem to be bad as I love FF6. Is it worth it to buy the beginner's chest or whatever it's called or is it better to wait for a better offer?

Kouriozan

Personally I updated the game with my main iTunes account for the global release and didn't have any problem.
Why is Vaan so great? I really don't like him in XII haha. Happy Celes doesn't seem to be bad as I love FF6. Is it worth it to buy the beginner's chest or whatever it's called or is it better to wait for a better offer?

He got Full Break, a very useful ability. (reduce ennemy's attack/defence/magic/spirit by 30%)

MKAllDay

Personally I updated the game with my main iTunes account for the global release and didn't have any problem.

He got Full Break, one of the best ability in the game.

I tried that but it asks for the credentials for my fake Swedish account even though I am logged on my regular account in the App store.

Zafir

Jeez, got the most shit stuff with my 10 tickets + 1000 crystals. A lot of dupes too(2x Vivi, Edgar, Sabin, Shantotto), which I guess i can use to upgrade but mannn.

dragn

I played prior to release with a fake Swedish iTunes account. Now that the game is out I want to replace it with my real account. I know I can do this as my in game account is tied to FB. However, I have gathered that the way to do this is uninstall and reinstall the app from the US store. I am worried that doing this will cause me to lose my Lapis in the same way playing from both Android and iOS lets you transfer your account but not your Lapis.

Has anyone done the uninstall switch to US account reinstall and successfully retained their Lapis?

yea i switched from swedish to german and still have my lapis with linked fb acc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom