• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladelaw

Rerolled until I got a "best" roll.Was hoping for Cecil (one of my favorite FF characters) but I got Miyuki and Bartz so I'm ok with that. Holding on to the rest of my tickets for a banner featuring a character I want.

Not sure where the tier list is but I pulled:

Bartz - 4*
Sabin - 3*
Vivi - 4*
Galuf - 3*
Edgar - 4*
Miyuki - 5*
Maria - 3*
Rydia - 3*
Bedile - 4*

Rest are dupes. Worth keeping? Can someone link me to the tier list?
Bartz is great and Edgar is solid with poison and AoE def ignore. The AoE def ignore move he learns at max level tears up EXP dungeons. I always use him or Exdeath as a friend when I am trying to solo powerlevel.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Did a reroll...

Is this better:

Cecil
Shantotto
Shadow
Russell
Kain
Penelo
Krile
Maria
Sabin
Fran
Galuf

Not sure if Cecil > Bartz...

Shouta

Did a reroll...

Is this better:

Cecil
Shantotto
Shadow
Russell
Kain
Penelo
Krile
Maria
Sabin
Fran
Galuf

Not sure if Cecil > Bartz...

IMO, Cecil is better than Bartz. There's no tank as good as 6 star Cecil right now but there are a ton of Damage dealers you'll get later than are equal or better to Bartz.

I can't compare them directly, but I can say that Cecil, Rain, Lasswell, Fran and Krile was my team for half or so of the Soft Launch and I enjoyed it (Fran replaced Bedile). Cecil + Krile make a good combo when you need some quick AoE healing, while Krile dishes out some nice hits using Dualcast.

For JPN players: Krile eventually will get 5* right? Does she get any significant new toys with it?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, onward with Cecil. I will be sad not to have Vivi, one of my favorite FF characters.

Rixa

Everything I've read says it's very easy to go from 3* to 5*. A day or two is what it sounds like. What is very hard however is rolling ExDeath who seems to be the consensus best character in the game.
Just clear things, at rank 40 its couple days due to having awaken materials ready and 50nrg cap. At lower levels and in start it will take longer than 2 days. Depending how much you use energy. But rarity is still not a problem to get the card is the problem.

Shouta

I can't compare them directly, but I can say that Cecil, Rain, Lasswell, Fran and Krile was my team for half or so of the Soft Launch and I enjoyed it (Fran replaced Bedile). Cecil + Krile make a good combo when you need some quick AoE healing, while Krile dishes out some nice hits using Dualcast.

For JPN players: Krile eventually will get 5* right? Does she get any significant new toys with it?

She gets Curaga and a skill that boosts are magic when equipping staves in her 5 star form. Pretty usable for a mixed Healer/Magic Attacker though she lacks the utility of the dedicated ones.

mikemandey

iirc, she'll get -ga magic (curaga, aeroga), dispel, convert (puts her at 1 hp, fills mp) and some passives I can't remember

Phaenos

So I've just started the game for the first time and my first pull (the 500 lapis you get in the Tutorial) got me a 3* Bartz. From what I've been reading, it seems he's pretty desirable. Something that isn't clear to me though, is there any difference between a Bartz you get at 3* and awaken to 5* vs. a Bartz you summon innately at 5*?

I have 1000 lapis and 10 tickets after the pull. Should I save these at this point?

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I typically hate hate mobile games, but I love Final Fantasy and this looks like it has an actual plot to follow (unlike Record Keeper) and it's free, so I'm giving it a go.

Just played through the intro Earth Shrine level. Love the art and music. Story seems pretty interesting too. I like the dialogue between Lasswell and Rain.

The core gameplay seems simple enough. If I only care about the story, am I gonna have to deal with the F2P mechanics much? Does the high level optional stuff have any real plot or am I good just playing the main scenario?

Shouta

So does the game actually have a final boss? Also whats the deal with friend points again?

No final boss yet as they're still going through the story right now.

Friend points are used for Friend Summons. Right now it gets you some generic 1-3 star units but they'll do a Super Friend Summon that'll give you Metal Cactuar/Jumbotaurs and Gil Turtles eventually.

So I've just started the game for the first time and my first pull (the 500 lapis you get in the Tutorial) got me a 3* Bartz. From what I've been reading, it seems he's pretty desirable. Something that isn't clear to me though, is there any difference between a Bartz you get at 3* and awaken to 5* vs. a Bartz you summon innately at 5*?

I have 1000 lapis and 10 tickets after the pull. Should I save these at this point?

There's no real difference between the Bartz except the fact that you have to evolve the 3 star Bartz to 5 star yourself.

Vex_

Banned
So does the game actually have a final boss? Also whats the deal with friend points again?

The game has "final bosses" kinda. The story is still going. There are secret bosses that you should not attempt until you have a good leveled team (white dragon), and there are bosses that you shouldnt even speak of or they will kill you (europa in the Colosseum), and then there are the espers you have to battle to acquire and level them up. It only gets harder from there. But there is no "end" to this game.

Friend points allow you to do standard summons (max are 3 star units mostly unique to brave exvius).

mikemandey

No difference at all. You need probably a week to reach maxed 5* from 3* though. Definitely keep that Bartz and save your lapis.

Guess I'll make another fb page and keep both

I assume data is still saved in the app until I link it?

Yes.

Phaenos

No difference at all. You need probably a week to reach maxed 5* from 3* though. Definitely keep that Bartz and save your lapis.

Good to know. So then should I try using a few of the 10 tickets to get a full "Party"?
at the moment I only have the two story characters, and the 1* black mage I pulled during the tutorial.

leehom

Fml, I'm in Asia for vacation and these updates are a pita to download. Downloaded two updates and I'm on a third one which is taking even longer.

unrealist

Just as I was getting sick of rerolling I got 3 in row - Terra, CoD and Exdeath .. I assume this is really lucky? I never been lucky at gacha games!

Vex_

Banned
So I just got 3, trust master rewards now and I was wondering:

How many times can you get the SAME trust master reward? Say, like Fira? Can I take that 100% mage with fira and combine him with a 0% mage and get ANOTHER fira?

Teknoman

No final boss yet as they're still going through the story right now.

Friend points are used for Friend Summons. Right now it gets you some generic 1-3 star units but they'll do a Super Friend Summon that'll give you Metal Cactuar/Jumbotaurs and Gil Turtles eventually.

There's no real difference between the Bartz except the fact that you have to evolve the 3 star Bartz to 5 star yourself.

The game has "final bosses" kinda. The story is still going. There are secret bosses that you should not attempt until you have a good leveled team (white dragon), and there are bosses that you shouldnt even speak of or they will kill you (europa in the Colosseum), and then there are the espers you have to battle to acquire and level them up. It only gets harder from there. But there is no "end" to this game.

Friend points allow you to do standard summons (max are 3 star units mostly unique to brave exvius).

Cool, sounds like something to look forward to then.

One more thing, is there a reason for multiple parties aside from just having different character combos at a whim, or does the game go into that later?

Anyone got the chills seeing this is a Gumi game.. the power creep for their games is real ..
Gumi doesn't make this game, they just are handling the Global versions of it. Not that there won't be power creep, as I've heard Brave Frontier suffered from that bad and this is made by the same people (Alim).

WarAdept

So I just got 3, trust master rewards now and I was wondering:

How many times can you get the SAME trust master reward? Say, like Fira? Can I take that 100% mage with fira and combine him with a 0% mage and get ANOTHER fira?

Doesn't work. The 100% unit will get absorbed into the 0% unit with 0 Trust change.

Phaenos

okay, so I have two potentials that I could move forward with and save to my main FB account. Need some opinions on which I should keep:

Pulls from Option 1:

Three Stars
-Maria x1
-Sabin x3
-Fran x2
-Cyan x2
-Bedile x1
-Bartz x1
-Russel x1
-Celes x1

Four Stars
-Shantotto x1

Five Stars
None

Pulls from Option 2:

Three Stars
-Vivi x1
-Panelo x1
-Krile x1
-Kain x1
-Edgar x1
-Fran x2
-Cyan x1
-Anzelm x1
-Exdeath x1
-Vaan x1

Four Stars
-Shantotto x1
-Anzelm x1

Five Stars
None

I don't mind taking the time to awaken all of the potentials and I think I'm leaning toward option 2, but they both seem to have lasting value. Any suggestions?

Rixa

okay, so I have two potentials that I could move forward with and save to my main FB account. Need some opinions on which I should keep:

Pulls from Option 1:

Three Stars
-Maria x1
-Sabin x3
-Fran x2
-Cyan x2
-Bedile x1
-Bartz x1
-Russel x1
-Celes x1

Four Stars
-Shantotto x1

Five Stars
None

Pulls from Option 2:

Three Stars
-Vivi x1
-Panelo x1
-Krile x1
-Kain x1
-Edgar x1
-Fran x2
-Cyan x1
-Anzelm x1
-Exdeath x1
-Vaan x1

Four Stars
-Shantotto x1
-Anzelm x1

Five Stars
None

I don't mind taking the time to awaken all of the potentials and I think I'm leaning toward option 2, but they both seem to have lasting value. Any suggestions?
Definetly option 2, Exdeath & Vaan, great units.

Vex_

Banned
Doesn't work. The 100% unit will get absorbed into the 0% unit with 0 Trust change.

Holy shit. Almost did it too. Thanks bro!

Cool, sounds like something to look forward to then.

One more thing, is there a reason for multiple parties aside from just having different character combos at a whim, or does the game go into that later?

Yea. Sometimes certain bosses have resistances to certain parties. Some bosses are downright immune to certain elements/status effects (sleep, paralyze, confusion, poison). You dont have to do this to win, but youll have a slightly easier time forming a backup party based around exploiting their weaknesses.

A majority of the CURRENT game is easily beaten due to your units outleveling them. But the "secret" bosses (mainly the Colosseum) I mentioned cant be face tanked, and they will drop you if you dont come correct with the right setup. Unless you are rolling with a full team of 5s, these bosses are gonna put hands on you.

You dont want those hands.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, now here is a versatile roll. Nothing top of the line, but all solid, solid contributors

5* Duane
4* Terra
4* Shatotto, 3* Shatotto
4* Leo
3* Zidane
3* Gilbert (Most interesting as a Bard)

No true major damage dealer, but with Rain/Lasswel in the future this is one incredibly versatile roll. Also got some trash units like multiple Frans and a Shadow. But I think this one will be a LOT of fun to start off with

Use Terra as the Leader? Or Duane?

WarAdept

With Terra, Exdeath and CoD as my first 3 rolls.. Should I continue to roll for my remaining 7 tickets?

Jesus christ dude. Roll with that, round it out with Lasswell and Fina from the story and save up your tickets for Lightning/Luneth/your favourites or something.

Vex_

Banned
Interesting.

The "Mage's hat" I unlocked through INT colosseum implies that it increases success rates (status effects)? Anyone from jp know if this works like that?

Because it takes 12hrs to craft. So I know it has to have a hidden ability...

I need a detail answer regarding troll process

I already linked a main fb acct and planning to make a dummy acct for rerolling.

So the first step is login on to main acct and farm 500 lapdis

Then log off main and into the dummy acct to roll?

Repeat till desired roll then link to main fb acct?

Shouta

Gumi doesn't make this game, they just are handling the Global versions of it. Not that there won't be power creep, as I've heard Brave Frontier suffered from that bad and this is made by the same people (Alim).

Slightly incorrect. Alim created the game but their a joint venture created by Gumi JP, as I recall. Gumi JP eventually later created Gumi SG that handled the Global versions of their game.

There will be some power creep in this game but it's going to be a lot less pronounced than it is in Brave Frontier because of the way it's setup. It's really bad in BF because everything was tied to the character meaning new characters always were better. With Brave Exvius, there's equipment, espers, and abilities that give you a lot of room to improve your characters and make them equal to the power creep that gets in there. The only time a character can't match-up is if they haven't received their new forms yet but I expect everyone will be getting upgrades as they continue to do events.

Rixa

Interesting.

The "Mage's hat" I unlocked through INT colosseum implies that it increases success rates (status effects)? Anyone from jp know if this works like that?

Because it takes 12hrs to craft. So I know it has to have a hidden ability...

You know, new craft slot (2nd) costs only 100 Lapis, then its 200 and 400.
Hero's Ring costs 72 hours to craft. I dont know if it has ability or not. Jus craft it and use it if you dont have better hats :p.

mikemandey

I need a detail answer regarding troll process

I already linked a main fb acct and planning to make a dummy acct for rerolling.

So the first step is login on to main acct and farm 500 lapdis

Then log off main and into the dummy acct to roll?

Repeat till desired roll then link to main fb acct?

You can't do that since you've already linked your main account. There's no way to unlink your main account as for now

Vex_

Banned
You know, new craft slot (2nd) costs only 100 Lapis, then its 200 and 400.
Hero's Ring costs 72 hours to craft. I dont know if it has ability or not. Jus craft it and use it if you dont have better hats :p.

Have 2 craft slots already. Filled right now :p

Was just wondering what the hat does before I waste resources/time on it. :0

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm so torn on my rerolls. I ended up with a set of 12 pulls that gave me Exdeath, but almost nothing else of note. (Vivi, Rydia, Kain).

But to keep that roll I had to give up on one that was, no joke, like ~8 mid-top characters. Terra, Krile, Roselina, Kain, Edward, Edgar, Shantotto, Kain, etc. all in one set of 12 pulls.

I'm not exactly complaining about rerolling into the best unit in the game. It's just slightly unfortunate that the other 11 pulls were weak. Exdeath came up early, and I kept saying "please give me something that makes this a slam dunk" - but it never came up.

Rixa

The quest for Exdeath/CoD + another useful member continues...
Good luck for rerolling :). My aim when I started was only to get one of the 5 Best charcaters, after 30ish rerolls I got Vaan. I havent used tickets we got in release. After 1½ months of playing, this is my party now.
Screenshot_20160630-081033.png
Vaan / Cecil / Krile / Firion / CoD. Aim is to get Firion to max level then to continue doing Phantom Forest - Exploration dungeon (2nd Island), good dungeon to get materials & rank & unit exp & magicites for espers.

chrono01

Good luck for rerolling :). My aim when I started was only to get one of the 5 Best charcaters, after 30ish rerolls I got Vaan. I havent used tickets we got in release. After 1½ months of playing, this is my party now.

Vaan / Cecil / Krile / Firion / CoD. Aim is to get Firion to max level then to continue doing Phantom Forest - Exploration dungeon (2nd Island), good dungeon to get materials & rank & unit exp & magicites for espers.
Wow, Cecil, Vaan, Firion AND Cod? Nicely done man!

And thanks, at least the re-rolling here isn't bad at all.

Azuran

Banned
After 40 or so rerolls, I'm finally happy with the results. I manage to get both Bartz and Terra along with some of my favorite FF characters like Celes, Rydia, and Kain. No complaining here.

Now I can finally start playing at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom