• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm having connection issues as well. At least I somehow got a free run through an advanced vortex. Something must have glitched out and it didn't take my energy.

creid

Lapis doesn't carry over between iOS and android
Yeah, I did a little testing and this might be a dealbreaker. Too much of a pain in the ass to have two separate banks of lapis. Seems really silly considering all of the lapis I have was free.

So strange in comparison to KHUX, where switching back and forth between iOS and Android is more of a pain in the ass, but their equivalent to lapis transfers to both platforms with no issues.

Azuran

Banned
Is there a way to tell how much Rank EXP you'll get from a quest for micromanaging energy or does everything overflow so it doesn't really matter?

I'm assuming this is built similarly to Brave Frontier in that the app is essentially website based.

Hated it then, hate it now. Makes navigating through menus feel so slow, doubly so when stuff like this happens.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
ugh this forced facebook integration

does the game post a lot on the timeline/share with friends or can I not turn that on

It has never posted anything. Looks like it's only there for data backup and finding friends who play the game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How often do Colosseum balls recharge?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
welp, disconnected can't relog.

Rixa

Got anyone of the old swedish players the option to buy the early bird ticket?

I wish I could, but then you can't buy stuff if it's not your country iTunes account.
I even looked for Swedish gift card but no luck.

I bought it 1½ months ago and was hoping to buy it again. Sadly I didnt have it. Got all the other bundles but no "Early Bird" bundle :p. Btw Lapis price (that 3200 Lapis pack) has lowered, its now 19,99€, it used to be 22,99€ and at start of beta it was 18,99€ :p.

Still having some troubles getting connected, but I did see a news banner when I could get on that said there's another Lapis Giveaway. 100 lapis for 10 days.

Clearos

Spent my 10 free tickets

3* Rydia
Fran x2
3* Krile x 2
3* Russell x 2
3* Anzelm x 2
3* Maria

going to hold on to lapis for a rate up but was not too excited for my results.

Took a second look. Rydia and Krile would be good. I just want to get a physical dmg dealer to go up front with Rain/Lass

Rain/Lass/Rydia/Krile/Fina

Well I've been playing since the soft launch a month and a half ago (or whenever that was) and decided not to reroll after getting nothing the first 5 times and just played. Have been making do with Rain/Lasswell/Fina (was so glad to actually get a decent healer)/Sabin/Kain. Yesterday I decided to spend 5 tickets and like 3 lapis rolls... got a whole lot of nothing till the last roll and ended up with an ExDeath :). Feeling pretty lucky haha. Wish I hadnt used all my catuars already but oh well, time to grind some vortex!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Spent my 10 free tickets

3* Rydia
Fran x2
3* Krile x 2
3* Russell x 2
3* Anzelm x 2
3* Maria

going to hold on to lapis for a rate up but was not too excited for my results.

Took a second look. Rydia and Krile would be good. I just want to get a physical dmg dealer to go up front with Rain/Lass

Rain/Lass/Rydia/Krile/Fina

Yeah I'm not sure if I want to blow my 10 tickets yet. I am almost positive I will end up disappointed.

ZeroX03

Banned
How important is rerolling? I have bad luck and little patience.

e: also sprite upscaling seems very inconsistent. On iPad most of the backgrounds are nice and crisp but characters appear to have been given the old stretch and blur treatment. Add the HD text boxes and the smooth emoticons and it's a visually confused game.

Dragner

So I tried this game. Made my rolls and got Cloud of Darkness as my only good character acording to power rankings. Should I try to reroll or is she really strong is worth keeping it?.

Azuran

Banned
Should I be using lapis to increase the amount of materiel I can hold? Because that is kinda full pretty quickly and I don't want to start getting rid of stuff so early.

So I think I may found a roll to keep

4* CoD
3* Edgar
3* Roselia
3* Terra
3* Rydia
4* & 3* Russel
3* Luna x2
3* Galuf x2
3* Sabin

This good enough to keep? If so what would you suggest for the team?

I was thinking CoD-Edgar-Terra-Roselia-Rydia? Or are Rain and Lasswell better?\

So this is my newest roll. Worth keeping?

3* Exdeath
3* Cerius
3* Firion
3* Shantotto
3* Fran
3* Edgar
3* Kain
3*&4* Sabin
3* Maria
3* Vivi
4* Cyan

CCIE

Banned
I don't have a single superstar on my team, but I must have done something right with my pull. I have over 70 friends sitting in the queue waiting for me to accept, and not enough friend slots. It seems to me that the "unique" pulls garner the most attention. I originally used 4* Terra as my Leader, and the interest was meh. Changed to 5* Duane last night, and woke up to a huge list awaiting my approval.

I'll probably spend about 300-400 lapis to expand it a little, some really interesting characters in there awaiting approval. I have to say, it is nice to see some variety in who you can use as a friend. However, I cannot use ExDeath as a friend with a good conscience. My entire team with the exception of Lasswell has massive AoE damage with Limit Breaks as is, and I can simply nuke most battles with relative ease. Using him would almost be like cheating ;)

Shantotto is insane early on in this game. She has enough MP to nuke the entire field with whatever weakness is needed, and Bio to boot. That is as a 20 Level character. Mine is 4*, but she can do that at 3*. Going to spend the next few days doing basically nothing but grinding experience, awakening, and then the crystal dungeons for Espers this weekend. Get the whole team to level four by the end of the weekend. There are eight characters I rotate, and four of them are at 3* and below.

So how do I balance friend slots? I suddenly need no FP points at all because of using Rare characters. I find myself simply asking for the crystals I need to synthesize spells and such for my characters.

BTW, my typical team is Lass, Terra, Duane, Leo, and Shantotto. I also rotate Rain,Gilbert, and Zidane in to level them up as well.

Much more fun that way - lots of variety as opposed to my first game in the beta when I had a power team with Cecil, and Roselia.

Shouta

So this is my newest roll. Worth keeping?

3* Exdeath
3* Cerius
3* Firion
3* Shantotto
3* Fran
3* Edgar
3* Kain
3*&4* Sabin
3* Maria
3* Vivi
4* Cyan

This is the one you want to keep unless you specifically want Cecil. Exdeath and Firion will get 6 Star forms. Kain and Maria will become 5 stars down the line as well.

Nohar

Well, I wanted to wait, but frankly, I'd rather pull now.

So, my tears and my Falk.jpg are ready. I was incredibly lucky with my FFRK rolls (after the 55 first ones which were really disappointing), so I am kinda expecting my luck to run out for this game. Also, I don't intend to reroll, so this roll will be final.

Here goes nothing!

3* Krile
3* Shantotto (Ohohohoho!)
3* Kain (Hi beautiful fella)
3* Shantotto (Ohohohoho!... again)
4* Maria (Well, sure, why not?...)
3* Vivi (that's a lot of mages)
3* Rydia (even more mages)
4* Penelo (this is becoming a little ridiculous)
3* Shadow (yeah for Executor!)
4* Rydia (I'm not sure how I should feel about this)
4* Rydia (oh come on!)
3* Edgar

I guess I'll stop with that.
So, uh... Are my pulls at least decent? I have really no idea which units are good/bad in this game (except for Exdeath, Vaan and Bartz who are rumored to be godly).
I also guess I can just fusion my dupes (ie. Shantotto and Rydia)?

Also: holy guacamole, Shantotto has a lot of spells available right from the start.

Kouriozan

Alright, so I absolutely needed a last character for my team that can be 5*, I have 5k+ lapis and 21 tickets, so I got 3* Galuf (max 4*), 3* Vivi (max 4*), 4* Vivi (lol) and..

wKNY6Vcl.jpg

I'm OK with this and he joins my Exdeath as a future 6*, next step is getting Golbez, also I'm happy about the daily lapis giveway :)

So current team : Exdeath, Lasswell, Rain, Fina, Firion.

This is the one you want to keep unless you specifically want Cecil. Exdeath and Firion will get 6 Star forms. Kain and Maria will become 5 stars down the line as well.

Thanks! Looks like my rerolling nightmare is over. Cant believe rerolling like 5-6 times during work burned through 50% of my battery -.-

What would you suggest my party be? I'm thinking Exdeath - Firion - Edgar - Kain - Maria (until i get that story healer?) Would taht be a good party?

blackflag

So I was far before but i restarted.

I have.

ExDeath
Vaan
Roselia

Looking for people that were on my other friends list
Name was Blakflag and it still is.

My new ID is 326,284,206. I'll add anyone though. I'm only level 9 though so I might fill up quick but I'll add as I can.

Hoping for some high levels that I can use to pl me through the experience vortex.

CCIE

Banned
I was screwing around on my Android emulator last night with additional pulls, and I pulled ExDeath five times in two hours. Of course, he also ALWAYS seems to come with a TON of mages. I had one pull that was 4* Exdeath, 2 4* Shantotto, Vivi 4*, Answell, Lydia, Roselia, Galuf, and a few trash units. Seriously, if you wanted to run a full mage party you could probably do so with these pull rates

Was trying to get Xiao, Bartz, or Vaan but wasn't having much luck. Those are my favorite guests right now

So I was far before but i restarted.

I have.

ExDeath
Vaan
Roselia

Looking for people that were on my other friends list
Name was Blakflag and it still is.

My new ID is 326,284,206. I'll add anyone though. I'm only level 9 though so I might fill up quick but I'll add as I can.

Hoping for some high levels that I can use to pl me through the experience vortex.

Sure, I'll add you mine is 559,328,068

bjork

I got a 4* Penelo and a 4* Russell, and then 3*s for Cyan, Vivi, Shadow, Kuja, Edgar, and a bunch of people I don't know. Doesn't seem like the most stellar collection, but I'm gonna roll with it for now.

Shouta

Thanks! Looks like my rerolling nightmare is over. Cant believe rerolling like 5-6 times during work burned through 50% of my battery -.-

What would you suggest my party be? I'm thinking Exdeath - Firion - Edgar - Kain - Maria (until i get that story healer?) Would taht be a good party?

That sounds fine.

I've got 5 summon tickets left and just pulled Exdeath, Rydia, Galuf, and Celes. Should I keep rolling, or save the rest of my tickets for later updates? (not gonna reroll, I've never gotten a top-tier unit in a gatcha before so I'm kinda stoked right now)

Kouriozan

I've got 5 summon tickets left and just pulled Exdeath, Rydia, Galuf, and Celes. Should I keep rolling, or save the rest of my tickets for later updates? (not gonna reroll, I've never gotten a top-tier unit in a gatcha before so I'm kinda stoked right now)

Personally I'd say stop pulling and wait for rates up, even more if you are happy about what you got.

CCIE

Banned
Joey,

I'd roll with that. ExDeath is insanely overpowered, and Celes will complement your mages that you pulled very well. Save the tickets and Lapis for future rate-ups. That is what I am doing. I wanted Bartz, Vaan, or Xiao but one day they will be mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom