• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any FAQ about what to reroll for? My first roll got the following 4 stars:

Vivi
Penelo
Shadow
Krile
Kain
Bedile

Should I keep this? Also, how long will the early bird bundle be available for?

Rixa

Wow, Cecil, Vaan, Firion AND Cod? Nicely done man!

And thanks, at least the re-rolling here isn't bad at all.
Yeah rerolling was already easy when it was only 500 Lapis to use :D. Just took way more rerolls. I have been lucky with my pulls, I think I made around 45 pulls so far + 30 rerolls (0 5* rainbow gems btw).

One tip: When ever youre done with rerolling, spend some Lapis to "Slots", 50 starting materials slots is too few, raise it to 80. You can live with 50 unit slots, but when Cactuar Vortex hits (Jumbo cactuars give 30k exp each) you might want to save Jumbocactuars for later use. Ability slot raising aint so important. The more friend slots you have the faster you get FP (cap is 99999) to use in FP event (you can pull exp Cactuars and Gil turtles and Friend point units).

You dont need to go so high with slots than Iam:

- Unit 120
- Item 70 (You dont need to raise this at all)
- Equipment 85 (you will get a lot of EQs and every EQ is counted eve on chars)
- Friend 130 (you can buy 100 so 130 is max friendslot, not counting faceb. friends)
- Material 130 (get it to 75)
- Ability 65 (I have made a bunch of abilities, but no need to raise)

foras592

Ok guys, after some re-rolls I need some help to decide which of these options is the best:

Option 1:
Garland
Firion
Miyuki
Fran
Vivi
Edgar
Krile
Cyan
Shadow
Luna
Bedile

Option 2:
Exdeath
Firion
Shantoto
Fran
Edgar
Luna
Penelo
Cyan
Maria
Clyne

I'm having a dificult time to decide :/

chrono01

Yeah rerolling was already easy when it was only 500 Lapis to use :D. Just took way more rerolls. I have been lucky with my pulls, I think I made around 45 pulls so far + 30 rerolls (0 5* rainbow gems btw).

One tip: When ever youre done with rerolling, spend some Lapis to "Slots", 50 starting materials slots is too few, raise it to 80. You can live with 50 unit slots, but when Cactuar Vortex hits (Jumbo cactuars give 30k exp each) you might want to save Jumbocactuars for later use. Ability slot raising aint so important. The more friend slots you have the faster you get FP (cap is 99999) to use in FP event (you can pull exp Cactuars and Gil turtles and Friend point units).

You dont need to go so high with slots than Iam:

- Unit 120
- Item 70 (You dont need to raise this at all)
- Equipment 85 (you will get a lot of EQs and every EQ is counted eve on chars)
- Friend 130 (you can buy 100 so 130 is max friendslot, not counting faceb. friends)
- Material 130 (get it to 75)
- Ability 65 (I have made a bunch of abilities, but no need to raise)
Sounds good, I appreciate it!

Rixa

Ok guys, after some re-rolls I need some help to decide which of these options is the best:

Option 2:
Exdeath
Firion
Shantoto

Use Lasswell as 4th member and from 2nd Island you get Fina she will be your 5th core member. Until then use Maria for healing.
Exdeath
Firion
Shantotto
Lasswell
Maria

-> Later replace Maria with Fina.

Option 1:
Garland
Firion
Miyuki
Fran
Vivi
Edgar
Krile
Cyan
Shadow
Luna
Bedile

Option 2:
Exdeath
Firion
Shantoto
Fran
Edgar
Luna
Penelo
Cyan
Maria
Clyne

I think I'd go with option 2. Hard to pass up that Exdeath.

Phaenos

So I've run into a problem. I created a dummy Facebook account and rerolled a number of times and now have a team I would like to save to my normal Facebook account. How exactly do I do that? When I go to log in through options, I get a message saying that I've already authorized Facebook. If I hit cancel, it just goes back to the game. If I hit "ok" it brings me back and asks me if I want to sync with Facebook to restore what's already on the dummy account. I'm not seeing any option to switch the account I want to log into.

How exactly do you do this?

chrono01

So I've run into a problem. I created a dummy Facebook account and rerolled a number of times and now have a team I would like to save to my normal Facebook account. How exactly do I do that? When I go to log in through options, I get a message saying that I've already authorized Facebook. If I hit cancel, it just goes back to the game. If I hit "ok" it brings me back and asks me if I want to sync with Facebook to restore what's already on the dummy account. I'm not seeing any option to switch the account I want to log into.

How exactly do you do this?
Log into the browser that pulls up Facebook for you and sign out. Then try linking again and sign in with a different account.

chrono01

After re-rolling all day (I'm not even joking), I finally got a re-roll with Exdeath. I had to use all ten of my tickets and two of my 500 Lapis summons, I got him on the very last one. As for my total units:

Exdeath (Rank S)
Terra (Rank A)
Bedile x2 (Rank D)
Luna (Rank D)
Russel (Rank C)
Rydia (Rank A)
Shadow (Rank D)
Penelo x2 (Rank C)
Shantotto (Rank B)
Clyne (Rank C)

I hate how the rest of my characters are so subpar. Well, Terra I've heard is good? Also, Rydia can upgrade to a 5* later, so there's that. Luna, Bedile, Russel, Shadow, Penelo, Shantotto and Clyne are all horrible though. :/

So what do you think? Settle for Exdeath/Terra account, even though the other pulls are nothing special? As I said, it took me around 6-7 hours to pull this single Exdeath and I don't want to try to do it all over again. :(

Dandte

After re-rolling all day (I'm not even joking), I finally got a re-roll with Exdeath. I had to use all ten of my tickets and two of my 500 Lapis summons, I got him on the very last one. As for my total units:

Exdeath (Rank S)
Terra (Rank A)
Bedile x2 (Rank D)
Luna (Rank D)
Russel (Rank C)
Rydia (Rank A)
Shadow (Rank D)
Penelo x2 (Rank C)
Shantotto (Rank B)
Clyne (Rank C)

I hate how the rest of my characters are so subpar. Well, Terra I've heard is good? Also, Rydia can upgrade to a 5* later, so there's that. Luna, Bedile, Russel, Shadow, Penelo, Shantotto and Clyne are all horrible though. :/

So what do you think? Settle for Exdeath/Terra account, even though the other pulls are nothing special? As I said, it took me around 6-7 hours to pull this single Exdeath and I don't want to try to do it all over again. :(

Go with it. Exdeath will carry you. I did over 50 pulls so far and only have a dozen useable units. You will get better units in the future but with Terra and exdeath you are fine for now. And with shantotto (ga magic) you can do some nice magic chains with exdeath terra and her.

Luna and shantotto also have real good tm. A you said, rydia will be better in the future.

Hmm, not sure but I think I did all right:

Leo
Krile
Sabin
Maria
Shantotto x2
Rydia
Bedile x2
Edgar
Bartz

Seems like I got several decent units. Still debating rerolling though. The allure of having more than one of the really good units is tempting.

chrono01

Go with it. Exdeath will carry you. I did over 50 pulls so far and only have a dozen useable units. You will get better units in the future but with Terra and exdeath you are fine for now. And with shantotto (ga magic) you can do some nice magic chains with exdeath terra and her.

Luna and shantotto also have real good tm. A you said, rydia will be better in the future.
Thanks, I'll go ahead with it.

I just wish my three best characters weren't all magic users (Exdeath, Terra and Rydia). Kind of redundant, I wish one of em' was a physical type. :(

Rixa

Thanks, I'll go ahead with it.

I just wish my three best characters weren't all magic users (Exdeath, Terra and Rydia). Kind of redundant, I wish one of em' was a physical type. :(
Grats for the pulls :).
Dont worry, if you dont pull phys damage dealer. Use Lasswell, he is awesome in that role. On the 2nd Island you get Fina, who is great support/healer (Iam not using her btw) but you prolly use Terra and maybe Fina too (not sure).

Lasswell can equip Murasame +61 ATK sword which you get when you clear first trial...

chrono01

Grats for the pulls :).
Dont worry, if you dont pull phys damage dealer. Use Lasswell, he is awesome in that role. On the 2nd Island you get Fina, who is great support/healer (Iam not using her btw) but you prolly use Terra and maybe Fina too (not sure).

Lasswell can equip Murasame +61 ATK sword which you get when you clear first trial...
Thanks. I was aiming for Exdeath, and would have liked a bit more out of my pulls, but I'm happy nonetheless.

I just discovered Terra can learn healing spells (just learned Cure), as well as Raise. Could be nice. :)

Kouriozan

Oooh. Got an account with CoD / Vaan / Celes. Better than an account with Cecil / Bartz?

CoD got Barrage and Vaan has Full Break.
They are like the best abilities right now on Global.
Also, Celes's Focus (Increase MAG/SPR (40%) for 3 turns to all allies) will help you in the Colosseum.

chrono01

Oh, I added myself to the Google Doc and tried to add as many people as I could. I'll add more as I increase my friend capacity. Sorry for my low-level Exdeath, I pulled him at 3* but I'll work on leveling/evolving him as quickly as possible!

Is this game 50% staring at the Connection screen? Just started the game and the music and battle system seems awesome but I find that I'm staring at the Connection screen as much as I'm playing.

Slightly incorrect. Alim created the game but their a joint venture created by Gumi JP, as I recall. Gumi JP eventually later created Gumi SG that handled the Global versions of their game.

There will be some power creep in this game but it's going to be a lot less pronounced than it is in Brave Frontier because of the way it's setup. It's really bad in BF because everything was tied to the character meaning new characters always were better. With Brave Exvius, there's equipment, espers, and abilities that give you a lot of room to improve your characters and make them equal to the power creep that gets in there. The only time a character can't match-up is if they haven't received their new forms yet but I expect everyone will be getting upgrades as they continue to do events.
Thanks for the clarification. I forgot to mention the Gumi JP vs Gumi SG distinction. However, I had no idea that Alim was actually related to them on a deeper level. After looking it up, I see that the joint venture was between Gumi Ventures, B-Dash Ventures, and Fuji Startup Ventures. Has the Fuji TV connection ever come into play from their games?

Also, I found this quote about Brave Frontier quite interesting. It's from the game's Executive Producer, Hisatoshi Hayakashi: “Originally, we wanted to have players walk around towns and dungeons, but then we thought about mobile devices and small screens and suddenly, knowing how far you were into a dungeon was quite scary, and walking in towns was not as enjoyable as it should be [...] But I am convinced that if we can somehow represent the fact that players are walking around cities and dungeons, talking to people and fighting monsters, all on a mobile device, they will really get into the RPG world.”

Holy shit I pulled Cecil with lapis! I have my ff4 team! Cecil, Kain, Rydia forever!
That just made me realize that I can make the same team now as well. I may not have gotten any top tier characters in my 11 pulls yesterday, but FF4 is one of my all time favorite games, so this makes me happy.

Muffmuff

Neo Member
Dang i'm pulling 36 units each ~ 6 min for 4 hrs now (thankfully with a emu script).. so 1400 pulls and only found 1 cecil! What a horrible rate.

I rlly dont know how to move on, go with my main -> 5* Exdeath and all main chars and 6000 lapis left,
or go with 4* stars Cecil + Bartz + Bartz and barrage trough the game :D

however i will run the reroll script til Exdeath + Cecil/CoD smiling at me...

So on my second reroll.

I got two Exdeaths. One 3 star and one 4 star.

Rest of my 4 stars are:

Rydia
Galuf
Krile x2.

3 stars are:

Luna x2
Anzelm
Maria
Fran
Roselia
Galuf

Should I keep or reroll? Not a hardcore player and Exdeath looks nice.

Muffmuff

Neo Member
So on my second reroll.

Rest of my 4 stars are:

Rydia
Galuf
Krile x2.

3 stars are:

Luna x2
Anzelm
Maria
Fran
Roselia
Galuf

Lol yea, put both in your team with roselia, laswell and rain/krile. Exdeath ist the best mage and will be the best mage.

Rixa

So on my second reroll.

Rest of my 4 stars are:

Rydia
Galuf
Krile x2.

3 stars are:

Luna x2
Anzelm
Maria
Fran
Roselia
Galuf

You do understand that you can use 2 Exdeaths as kinda op team (if enemy is not magic resistant).
For example:
Exd / Exd / Krile / Lasswell / Roselia

2x Exdeath Trust Mastery :p~

Cyldman

Banned
Alright guys.

I'm thinking about settling with this team.
Exdeath
CoD
Xiao
2x Cyan
2x Shadow
Kain
Medius
Rydia
Galuf
Clyne
Edgar

What should be my main team?
Exdeath - CoD - Medius - Rydia - Edgar ?

Tempted to pull with my 10 tickets but all the accounts I have read online arent pretty as far as the rates

Going to wait for rate ups on the specific characters i want.

Need to get my full FF6 crew!

Rixa

Tempted to pull with my 10 tickets but all the accounts I have read online arent pretty as far as the rates
Going to wait for rate ups on the specific characters i want.
Need to get my full FF6 crew!

Yeah.
Now is good time to reroll. Now is not good time to pull if you have account already. Saving my tix some future use, also trying to get 10k (will take "some" time) Lapis.

So I think I may found a roll to keep

4* CoD
3* Edgar
3* Roselia
3* Terra
3* Rydia
4* & 3* Russel
3* Luna x2
3* Galuf x2
3* Sabin

This good enough to keep? If so what would you suggest for the team?

I was thinking CoD-Edgar-Terra-Roselia-Rydia? Or are Rain and Lasswell better?

Cyldman

Banned
So I think I may found a roll to keep

4* CoD
3* Edgar
3* Roselia
3* Terra
3* Rydia
4* & 3* Russel
3* Luna x2
3* Galuf x2
3* Sabin

This good enough to keep? If so what would you suggest for the team?

I was thinking CoD-Edgar-Terra-Roselia-Rydia? Or are Rain and Lasswell better?

It depends on your will to reroll really.
I have an account with CoD and Terra, I was almost pulling the plug on a similar team, but decided to keep rerolling.
Terra is good from what I hear but you could benefit more from 2 top tiers, CoD and Cecil or CoD and Exdeath.
My current team has CoD and Exdeath, but the rest of the pulls aren't great, so I am still thinking about rerolling, but I think this is the addiction calling.

It depends on your will to reroll really.
I have an account with CoD and Terra, I was almost pulling the plug on a similar team, but decided to keep rerolling.
Terra is good from what I hear but you could benefit more from 2 top tiers, CoD and Cecil or CoD and Exdeath.
My current team has CoD and Exdeath, but the rest of the pulls aren't great, so I am still thinking about rerolling, but I think this is the addiction calling.
Thanks, guess I'll make a dummy fb,save it and roll during my downtime at work today lol. Also is your friends list always stuck at 10 or is there a way to raise it?

Thanks, guess I'll make a dummy fb,save it and roll during my downtime at work today lol. Also is your friends list always stuck at 10 or is there a way to raise it?
It increases as you level, max of 30 from this. You can, and should, also spend lapis to increase it by 100 more. Having 130 friend slots = tons of FP gifted to and from you everyday.

Luna
Anastasis
Ronaldo
Vivi
Maria
Sabin
Kain
Miyuki
Galuf
Celes

Should I reroll? I see a lot of good potential characters in here, even if I don't have exdeath (Luna, celes, kain, miyuki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom