• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Noshar - I'd use Edgar, Lass, Rain, Shantotto, and Lydia. That's a really diverse group to get you through some things and Shantotto ROCKS this game early on.

Personally I'd say stop pulling and wait for rates up, even more if you are happy about what you got.

Joey,

I'd roll with that. ExDeath is insanely overpowered, and Celes will complement your mages that you pulled very well. Save the tickets and Lapis for future rate-ups. That is what I am doing. I wanted Bartz, Vaan, or Xiao but one day they will be mine!

Thanks! I'll hold off for now then. This will probably be the first gatcha that I actually play for more than a day or two, usually I just spend hours re-rolling, get fed up and start with a good B-tier unit, and then stop playing because I get frustrated that I don't have a top-tier unit. Kinda excited, I really like the art style from what I've seen of the intro.

Quick question about the actual gameplay: How do I do chain attacks? They seem to only trigger when I have the battles set to auto, but the tutorial made it sound like they were able to be triggered manually?

CCIE

Banned
Question for the veterans of this game... any advice for the White Dragon? Think I will try and take him on early next week since I just realized that I have several characters with Bio, and several characters with Paralyze moves. I'm thinking I have a shot at this guy with characters in the mid 4* range. Just have to unlock Cura for Terra first

CCIE

Banned
Joey,

You can chain attacks several ways. My favorite is when I have multiple mages using the same spell, and the AoE attacks of my other guys. You get some insane damage and badass visual effects. As you can probably tell, I'm flat addicted to this game. I LOVE playing it, even when doing stupid stuff like leveling up in the Vortex dungeon. Easy to pick up, run a few dungeons and put back down without destroying my work productivity. I actually have a long road of leveling up ahead of me as a lot of my units start as 3*

I actually used ExDeath (guest) with Shantotto, and Leo AoE LB at the same time just last night, and I one-shotted the squid boss in one of the dungeons. Play around with it

I linked my Facebook to the game before I read that you shouldn't in case of wanting to re-roll. Oops. Well, I spent all my tickets and lapis and this is what I got:

4* Sabin
4* Edgar
3* Maria
3* Shadow
3* Kain
3* Rydia
3* General Leo
4* Russell
3* Luna (x2)
3* Bedile (x2)

Is this worth keeping or should I make a dummy FB account and re-roll?
If I do that, do I need to delete the game and redownload it? (on iPhone)

Cruxist

So, I started this morning and did a couple of rerolls until I got a Cecil. Not a terrible team, but I don't really like any of the available characters right now. I'll just stick with this re-roll and try to save stones until characters from X get added.

How's the IAP in this game? I spend way too much money on this type of game, so if it's addictive and a money sink in a similar vein to FFRK, P&D, BF, then I need to stay away. It looks compelling though :-/

Rixa

I linked my Facebook to the game before I read that you shouldn't in case of wanting to re-roll. Oops. Well, I spent all my tickets and lapis and this is what I got:

3* Kain

3* General Leo

Is this worth keeping or should I make a dummy FB account and re-roll?
If I do that, do I need to delete the game and redownload it? (on iPhone)
Kain is okish, Leo is good, rest are about trash. If you want to join reroll train you can do a lot better.

Zafir

How's the IAP in this game? I spend way too much money on this type of game, so if it's addictive and a money sink in a similar vein to FFRK, P&D, BF, then I need to stay away. It looks compelling though :-/

Well you can easily play without paying anything.

If you're wanting to get the best/your favourite characters you may have to either put a lot of time in or sink a lot of money. I'd wager the latter could be very addictive and thus expensive if you suffer from an addictive personality.

Well you can easily play without paying anything.

If you're wanting to get the best/your favourite characters you may have to either put a lot of time in or sink a lot of money. I'd wager the latter could be very addictive and thus expensive if you suffer from an addictive personality.

All of these games you can play without paying anything. The problem is then they start releasing content that you have 0 chance of being competitive in unless you spend lots of money. That's what sucks me in. In P&D it was the deity events where you'd get like Zeus or Hera or whatever. In FFRK it was the EX dungeons. So because of those pieces of content I'd end up doing tons of pulls on the gachas to try to get the best gear so I could clear those contents.

Does FFBE have this kind of content?

Man, just downloaded. Totally fun.

I smirked atbthe bit about 'visions' just setting up to buy stuff.

Looks like a good game overall. And to be able to actually explore with your charcters in maps is pretty cool. Not just a battle simulator.

Ourobolus

Banned
Welp, I am stuck in Latius Woods. I can run around there, but the moment I try to leave I get a connection error. Literally can't do anything else.

Cornisath

Neo Member
Did my 10 ticket rolls, 1 lapis roll, and expanded my materials to 80.
I got:
Vaan 3*
Rydia 3*
Shantotto 3*
Edgar 4*
Celes 3*
Shadow 4*
Rakshasa 4*
Sabin 3*
Krile 3*
Kain 3*
Luna 3*

Pretty satisfied with this lineup.

Coppanuva

Welp, I am stuck in Latius Woods. I can run around there, but the moment I try to leave I get a connection error. Literally can't do anything else.

Can you get to a menu? You might be able to get back to the main menu and redo the explore... not ideal, but at least you could play.

Vamphuntr

Wasted energy to farm Sergeants for the private membership weapon club quest line. Weapons sold are actually guns and none of my characters can equip them T.T

Ourobolus

Banned
Giving up worked. Damn.
I had some glitch in there that let me spawn infinite amounts of items from chests, like Alcrystals and Star Shards (or whatever they are called). Sad I couldn't keep them

Rixa

Wasted energy to farm Sergeants for the private membership weapon club quest line. Weapons sold are actually guns and none of my characters can equip them T.T

Well actually no you didnt waste.

1. Home
2. Menu
3. Trophies
4. Achievements tab
5. Quest Champion

:)

You really do want to get total of 30 Trophies, for the recipe of Hero's Ring

Caim

Had the same thing happen to me. Looks like the only way out of it is to redo it and lose what you got. :/

Seik

Banned
Game looks surprisingly good for a free2play, love the OST.

I just played 20 minutes though, I'll dig deeper tonight.

Formosa

1 roll is 500 lapis and to reroll you only need 1 dummy account just log in and log out to reroll

So with 1 roll, I would get 5 characters?

And when I am satisfied with my roll, how do I tie it to my main FB account? Do I log out of the dummy one and then log in with my main one?

Thx.

Coppanuva

And when I am satisfied with my roll, how do I tie it to my main FB account? Do I log out of the dummy one and then log in with my main one?

Thx.

Nope, you get 1 character per roll. 1 roll is 500 lapis, so 500 lapis will get you 1 character.

Basoes

Thx.

500 lapis is 1 character, and if the account is already on the dummy one then you can't put it on your main

Dawg

Struggling with S4 colosseum boss, Abhorrent One (BGN)

Using Lasswell, Miyuki, Krile, Cyan and Medius. All 5* except Krile.

He just stomps me with blind and I feel like I barely do damage. I try to paralyze/poison him but rate of success is pretty low.

Formosa

Nope, you get 1 character per roll. 1 roll is 500 lapis, so 500 lapis will get you 1 character.

500 lapis is 1 character, and if the account is already on the dummy one then you can't put it on your main

So when do I roll my second to fifth? When I get more lapis? What if my first roll is very good and then rolled a very bad one for second? Do I restart the whole game? lol

I am still not sure how to tie my good roll(s) onto my main FB account...

Basoes

So when do I roll my second to fifth? When I get more lapis? What if my first roll is very good and then rolled a very bad one for second? Do I restart the whole game? lol

I am still not sure how to tie my good roll(s) onto my main FB account...

with the event you can get 12 rolls, 13 if you finish the tutorial just roll them all and if you don't like it, log into your dummy account and then log out so you can do it over again, once you get something you like log into your main fb account to keep it

if an account is already tied to a fb account, you can't remove it, so remember that

Dandte

Struggling with S4 colosseum boss, Abhorrent One (BGN)

Using Lasswell, Miyuki, Krile, Cyan and Medius. All 5* except Krile.

He just stomps me with blind and I feel like I barely do damage. I try to paralyze/poison him but rate of success is pretty low.

Equip the fairy ring for anti blind. Don't remeber how i beat him. Brute force i guess. If you have kain use him.

Formosa

with the event you can get 12 rolls, 13 if you finish the tutorial just roll them all and if you don't like it, log into your dummy account and then log out so you can do it over again, once you get something you like log into your main fb account to keep it

if an account is already tied to a fb account, you can't remove it, so remember that

Cool! But I can keep on rerolling with just 1 dummy fb account right? Then log in with my main fb account to keep the rolls right?

What event come with the 12 rolls?

Basoes

Cool! But I can keep on rerolling with just 1 dummy fb account right? Then log in with my main fb account to keep the rolls right?

What event come with the 12 rolls?

that's right, and the event is the global releases you get 10 summon tickets and 1000 lapis, just check the mail on each account to get it

Dandte

Sacred Stones needed before the day started: 21
Sacred Stones needed after the day ends. : 21

This will take some time.

Finally got a reroll I'm happy with: Bartz, CoD, Kain, Rydia and Sabin.

I also get to save 5 tickets for later use. Doesn't get much better than that honestly.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sacred Stones needed before the day started: 21
Sacred Stones needed after the day ends. : 21

This will take some time.

Run intermediate awakening vortex. Should get plenty of them.

I was running ADV and getting hardly any until I switched to INT.

Kettch

Started a reroll with Shadow-Shadow-Bedile and ended up with Exdeath and Bartz. Only other decent characters I got were Edgar and Garland with the rest being junk, but I'll take it.

Kinda sad to drop my old account, but I wanted to play through things again anyway.

ID: 360,409,436 for Exdeath lead, he was a rainbow too which is nice.

blackflag

Finally got a reroll I'm happy with: Bartz, CoD, Kain, Rydia and Sabin.

I also get to save 5 tickets for later use. Doesn't get much better than that honestly.

I got ExDeath, Vaan, and Roselia.

It was so good I'm going to keep it and start over even though I was already finished with Island 2 and had everyone maxed out.

topheryan

Neo Member
Is there a reason that this game is dead in Japan, and FFRK is in the top ten? Not trying to start drama, just curious if someone knows whether the trajectory of these two games is such that the current Japanese version of FFRK is much better than the current Japanese version of FFBE.

Lyrian

Holy hell, this game has the most insane EULA I've ever seen. Has anyone actually skimmed it? The legal manipulations around both virtual currency and the game license is seriously bend-over-backwards-and-grab-your-ankles territory.

My god, this EULA makes Microsoft EULAs look saintly. I honestly feel bad for Apple users. I've never seen a clause that specially requires the player (by accepting the EULA) to voluntarily forfeit their right to appeal to Apple about IAP issues (there's an entire section specifically written about Apple users in the EULA in regard to forbidden activities).

Also, is this the first major American release of a game where the applicable jurisdiction for issues was not in the United States?

I normally don't care about EULAs in the slightest, but this is the very first time in my life that I am actually hesitating on accepting an EULA to play a game.

topheryan

Neo Member
Holy hell, this game has the most insane EULA I've ever seen. Has anyone actually skimmed it? The legal manipulations around both virtual currency and the game license is seriously bend-over-backwards-and-grab-your-ankles territory.

My god, this EULA makes Microsoft EULAs look saintly. I honestly feel bad for Apple users. I've never seen a clause that specially requires the player (by accepting the EULA) to voluntarily forfeit their right to appeal to Apple about IAP issues (there's an entire section specifically written about Apple users in the EULA in regard to forbidden activities).

Also, is this the first major American release of a game where the applicable jurisdiction for issues was not in the United States?

I normally don't care about EULAs in the slightest, but this is the very first time in my life that I am actually hesitating on accepting an EULA to play a game.

For what it's worth, no court will uphold an adhesion contract that establishes exclusive foreign jurisdiction or a foreign forum or venue.

I kind of doubt Apple's developer use agreement for the App Store allows a developer to eliminate Apple's IAP appeal process, but I guess it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom