• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god, where can I get the OST?!

https://soundcloud.com/nazta666/sets/ffbe-bgm

For what it's worth, no court will uphold an adhesion contract that establishes exclusive foreign jurisdiction or a foreign forum or venue.

I kind of doubt Apple's developer use agreement for the App Store allows a developer to eliminate Apple's IAP appeal process, but I guess it's possible.

Yeah, I'm guessing Apple's app store contract for developers would forbid that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Holy hell, this game has the most insane EULA I've ever seen. Has anyone actually skimmed it? The legal manipulations around both virtual currency and the game license is seriously bend-over-backwards-and-grab-your-ankles territory.

My god, this EULA makes Microsoft EULAs look saintly. I honestly feel bad for Apple users. I've never seen a clause that specially requires the player (by accepting the EULA) to voluntarily forfeit their right to appeal to Apple about IAP issues (there's an entire section specifically written about Apple users in the EULA in regard to forbidden activities).

Also, is this the first major American release of a game where the applicable jurisdiction for issues was not in the United States?

I normally don't care about EULAs in the slightest, but this is the very first time in my life that I am actually hesitating on accepting an EULA to play a game.

There are many, many terrible and troubling EULAs and privacy policies out there. I actually did stop playing an iOS game before because of the privacy policy and EULA.

Pejo

Some of you are getting really great re-rolls. I'm sure having the bonus 10 tickets helps cut down the time of the process.

I'm still super satisfied with my roster right now, so I'm holding off on pulling anything, using either tickets or lapis. I'd really like to get Firion still, even though I'm not sure where he'd fit into my team anymore. Also, a Full Break unit would be nice, but I've beaten all the content so far without one, so it's not absolutely necessary (yet).

I think, looking at JP characters, I'll aim for Warrior of Light or Randy if we get lucky enough for the Secret of Mana crossover. I always have Rain eventually, I guess.

I hope the content comes out quickly for this game. That's one of the things I like about FF Record Keeper. The events come quickly enough that you never get bored. If we have to wait 1 month between events in this game, I could see it get dropped fast by a lot of players. New islands are great though, with all the quests/secrets/chests. Days worth of content on each one.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Holy hell, this game has the most insane EULA I've ever seen. Has anyone actually skimmed it? The legal manipulations around both virtual currency and the game license is seriously bend-over-backwards-and-grab-your-ankles territory.

My god, this EULA makes Microsoft EULAs look saintly. I honestly feel bad for Apple users. I've never seen a clause that specially requires the player (by accepting the EULA) to voluntarily forfeit their right to appeal to Apple about IAP issues (there's an entire section specifically written about Apple users in the EULA in regard to forbidden activities).

Also, is this the first major American release of a game where the applicable jurisdiction for issues was not in the United States?

I normally don't care about EULAs in the slightest, but this is the very first time in my life that I am actually hesitating on accepting an EULA to play a game.

It's just an EULA. If its terms are abusive, it will simply be disregarded in court.

draw4wild

I was playing the soft release and have Exdeath, Rain, Lasswell, and Fina at 5 stars. I didnt do any premium rolls before but I did a few today since we got so many for free. I wound up getting 4 star Kain, Edgar, and Vivi. Edgar is best for 5th spot atm?

chrono01

I find it funny how I re-rolled for 7-8 hours yesterday for Exdeath (and Terra, subsequently), when I'll probably do it all over again when Lightning releases and I fail to get her on my current account. I will re-roll for Lightning if I fail, I need her.

Lyrian

For what it's worth, no court will uphold an adhesion contract that establishes exclusive foreign jurisdiction or a foreign forum or venue.

I kind of doubt Apple's developer use agreement for the App Store allows a developer to eliminate Apple's IAP appeal process, but I guess it's possible.

The EULA is highly unusual and definitely pushes new territory on what is allowable or even reasonable to expect from an licensee. The terms are of the EULA are all very carefully worded. It is obvious that much time and effort went into its crafting, as the terms are very precise in scope to achieve specific objectives.

I do have to give S/E credit for figuring out a logically feasible way to create an airtight transaction system to prevent all possible refunds and chargebacks. (The player does not purchase 500 lapis as currency to purchase a roll from the gacha. Rather, the player purchases 500 licenses (think: Steam game license) to access a single lapis. Then, the player "trades" the 500 licenses to SE for a single pull at the gacha (the player grants SE exclusive power to be a market maker for them and then be the lone monopoly vendor). Because game licenses cannot be sold once purchased, all transactions are permanently final by default.)

I wonder how many people are playing this and it's their first gacha. I'm seeing people pick this up that aren't normally interested in these types of games.

Is it because it's set up more like a traditional JRPG?

RalchAC

I wonder how many people are playing this and it's their first gacha. I'm seeing people pick this up that aren't normally interested in these types of games.

The game is in EFIGS too, which could help a bit. It's kind of refreshing swing the multiple languages supported.

I don't know if I can go back to English though, since most resources I will probably use will be in said language.

How many languages does Unchained X support? Considering it's a KH game I expected better. I don't see anyway to switch it.

UrSuLeTzU

Sooo, after about 6 hours of rerolling I finally got a half decent party: Exdeath III, Rydia IV, Vivi IV+III, Roselia IV and the rest was trash vs my other account of CoD IV, Kain IV, Celes III, Fran IV, Garland III, Clyne IV and trash. My current party is Exdeath, Rydia, Vivi, Roselia and Lasswell and it feels really strong(at least for the starter stuff). My ID is: 824,662,232 with Exdeath as lead(should I change it to Roselia?). What do you guys think about my current party? I'm done rerolling but any advice would be appreciated.

leehom

Should I use some tickets or wait for a rate up? Been playing since soft launch and cleared all the content up to this point. Kinda want vaan or bartz, but knowing my luck I wouldn't get them.

Kouriozan

If you think you're fine with your party, you should wait for rate up events and use some lapis to expand the material inventory.
But if you want to reroll, it's now or never, after 17th of July it'll be too late.
The game is in EFIGS too, which could help a bit. It's kind of refreshing swing the multiple languages supported.

I don't know if I can go back to English though, since most resources I will probably use will be in said language.

How many languages does Unchained X support? Considering it's a KH game I expected better. I don't see anyway to switch it.
Unchained X is English only, I was also disappointed when I download the EU version since it wasn't released at the same time as the US one.

I've played a little bit of Record Keeper and Kingdom Hearts, but they never really grabbed me like this game has. I like that I'm playing this game at the very start of it and it doesn't seem like I'm super far behind what everyone is doing, but I do think the biggest thing is that it does feel like an old school RPG. I really like being able to walk around towns and find secrets and quests. Having dungeons/maps to run around in and finding hidden paths and hidden quests is also awesome. Kingdom Hearts has you running around small maps, but it's just not the same as this game.

Visceir

The Final Fantasy brand and sprite-based nostalgia factor helps.

It also definitely shows that the game has had higher production values, starting with the great sprite work (and animated backgrounds) and ending with the awesome soundtrack + the pinch of CG here and there.

Saying this as a JP player but they've also done a good job at keeping the events varied and somewhat satisfactory, guess it's up to Gumi to repeat that.

Asking again from previous page, but is there any content (aside from characters) that is behind an IAP wall? Like dungeons or bosses that Only IAP players will be able to clear?

Caim

Asking again from previous page, but is there any content (aside from characters) that is behind an IAP wall? Like dungeons or bosses that Only IAP players will be able to clear?

As far as I know the vortex dungeons (exp, awaken, gil, synthesis.) have to be opened by spending 100 lapis (for each) but you can also open one of your choice for free and it stays open for 24hrs.

Visceir

There will be many trial bosses that will seem impossible at first but mostly managable with non-IAP teams once people figure out the strategies. You could also always just use a whale friend to clear content for you.

The recent trials have been fairly tough though and I can't beat it on my JP alt acc where I haven't bothered to get any trust mastery rewards.

You could also become crazy powerful if you decided to just grind the right trust mastery rewards. After about 2 months of JP I had a Firion character with Dual-wield+Gungnir+Barrage trusts. He had 370+ atk and had a skill that did 80%x8 (640%) dmg

Got 3-Stars Cloud of Darkness on my first pull (+ 4stars Kaïn), should i try to reroll or is that good enough by itself ? (Seen on the first page that he's "Noteworthy")

Visceir

Got 3-Stars Cloud of Darkness on my first pull (+ 4stars Kaïn), should i try to reroll or is that good enough by itself ? (Seen on the first page that he's "Noteworthy")

Considering how you get 10 tickets right now I'd say it's the best time to shoot for Vaan/Bartz/Exdeath.

So on my first pull I got a 4 star Exdeath. Is that good? I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the stuff in this game.

I also have more lupis and those tickets to pull some more, should I just use them all now or save them for later?

Caim

So on my first pull I got a 4 star Exdeath. Is that good? I'm kinda overwhelmed by all the stuff in this game.

He's really good and seems to be at the very top of all the Global tier lists. Rarity doesn't really matter because even if he was 3 star you'll still be able to take him all the way to 5 star.

Visceir

I also have more lupis and those tickets to pull some more, should I just use them all now or save them for later?

4* Exdeath is pretty good.

It's generally not smart to pull when there's no unit rate-up going on as the regular rates for good units are pretty bad. Some are willing to reroll long enough until they get multiple great units with the first 10 tickets.

Vamphuntr

Progressing slowly. Just got Ifrit. I think this is pretty fun so far. Music is really great and so are the sprites. Gacha is still evil though.

NomarTyme

4* Exdeath is pretty good.

It's generally not smart to pull when there's no unit rate-up going on as the regular rates for good units are pretty bad. Some are willing to reroll long enough until they get multiple great units with the first 10 tickets.

Can you point to the direction about unit rate-up?

MiTYH

So, already hit my first wall. How's everyone beating the boss on Grandshelt Catacombs- Exit? Forget the name, the squid octopus thing.

I'm running a team of avg level 8-9, Exdeath, Terra, Lasswell, Kuja, Kain. Just not working for me. Or maybe I need to level up but wheres the best place?

EDIT: Found the EXP dungeon. Definitely running that for a while to level up.

Vamphuntr

Can you point to the direction about unit rate-up?

Like in any gacha games there are special events where some characters rates are increased from the gacha. You see a banner on the front page showing which rates are boosted. No event right now.

So, already hit my first wall. How's everyone beating the boss on Grandshelt Catacombs- Exit? Forget the name, the squid octopus thing.

I'm running a team of avg level 8-9, Exdeath, Terra, Lasswell, Kuja, Kain. Just not working for me. Or maybe I need to level up but wheres the best place?

In the vortex. Do the room that gives unit exp. You level quickly there.

Is Magitek Terra any good other than for nostalgia? Do her Beam attacks suffer from the same dumb stat scaling that Spellblade attacks do?

walei

Quick question:

Do I just go ahead and spend all my summoning tickets and friends points to pull characters or should I save them for something else later?

Kade

Got two characters I really wanted (4-Star Zidane and 3-Star Vivi) and a 5-Star Gilbert. Probably going to switch things up once I figure the game out but this is my team until then. Also got a Sabin and Bartz so I'm pretty much set for characters from Final Fantasy games I like. I really love the sprites in this game. I'm hoping I can get as into it as I got into Future Fight, Galaxy of Heroes and Dragon Blaze.

CmPeHhsVMAEXkb_.jpg:large

Vex_

Banned
Glad to see all the new gaffers playing. Good to also know gaf has good taste in music because this OST is amazing.

I wish the home screen played the area music you were last in rather than just showing the last area you were in and playing the home menu music.

NomarTyme

Like in any gacha games there are special events where some characters rates are increased from the gacha. You see a banner on the front page showing which rates are boosted. No event right now.

In the vortex. Do the room that gives unit exp. You level quickly there.

Thanks.

Valus

Picked this up, been doing rerolling. Here's my current loadout:

5* Bartz
3* Firion
3* Edgar
3* Cyan
3* Krile
3* Kain x2
3* Celes x2
3* Galuf
3* Bedile
3* Clyne

Not happy with all the 3* rolls, but apparently Bartz and Firion are top tier? Is this a good roll? What should I setup be if I keep this?

Edgar + autobowgun = dead monsters
Wait until you get his Chainsaw at 4* Max Level. It's an AoE version of Auto-Crossbow.

I always take a group of low level units into ADV EXP Vortex w/ him or Exdeath as a friend. Chainsaw / Firaga spam = EXP raining in on everyone.

sasuke_91

Spent all my tickets and got 3 4* units. The rest were 3x Shadow (3*), 3x Rydia (3*) and another one I don't know (3*).
I think I should be rerolling...

Diagol

I echo everyone else in here who said the OST is awesome. Oh maaaaan. That battle theme is one of the best I've ever heard. Everything is awesome! I need to download this OST! Hopefully it shows up on iTunes or something.

Rixa

Spent all my tickets and got 3 4* units. The rest were 3x Shadow (3*), 3x Rydia (3*) and another one I don't know (3*).
I think I should be rerolling...

Rarity doesnt matter, its fairly easy to raise rarity from 3* to max rarity (youre aiming for 5* max raritys in this point of global).
Specifically these units: CoD / Vaan / Bartz / Exdeath / Firion / Cecil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom