• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuke_91

Rarity doesnt matter, its fairly easy to raise rarity from 3* to max rarity (youre aiming for 5* max raritys in this point of global).
Specifically these units: CoD / Vaan / Bartz / Exdeath / Firion / Cecil
Okay. I got 4* Anselm (who's that?), Bedir (who's that?) and Edgar.
Other units I got are Penelo, Kain and Shantotto.

Are any of these useful?

chrono01

Okay. I got 4* Anselm (who's that?), Bedir (who's that?) and Edgar.
Other units I got are Penelo, Kain and Shantotto.

Are any of these useful?
Re-roll for one of the aforementioned characters, so Exdeath/Cloud of Darkness/Vaan/Bartz/Cecil. Firion is nice, as well.

broz0rs

I did five re-rolls and got terrible characters. Started to get gatcha nightmares. Fortunately, I was able to get CoD on my fourth ticket during my last re-roll so I'm done with summoning until rate ups.

Rixa

Re-roll for one of the aforementioned characters, so Exdeath/Cloud of Darkness/Vaan/Bartz/Cecil. Firion is nice, as well.

Btw. Firion was "raised" to "Best" characters in Reddit, thanks to 6* form JP got and well his 5* aint bad either :).

@Chrono hows your early BE journey going on?

chrono01

Btw. Firion was "raised" to "Best" characters in Reddit, thanks to 6* form JP got and well his 5* aint bad either :).

@Chrono hows your early BE journey going on?
Oh? Nice, great news for those with Firion (I do not have him :/).

It's going good, still raising the levels of my team. I'm going with Laswell/Rain/Rydia/Terra/Exdeath, until I can manage something better. I just learned of the Vortex today, so I'm running it as often as I'm able to level my characters (15 stamina for Expert makes it once per stamina bar >_<). I want to level them ASAP so I can evolve them, I hate having them all in their 3* state (it's how I pulled them).

I'm going to try to not get too attached to my account since, when Lightning releases, I'll probably re-roll until I get her (I'm crazy like that). I just really want her, and I know actually pulling her with in-game currency will be a pain. That being said, I'm still playing a lot of my current account, since the hope is there that I might be able to naturally pull Lightning. Ideally, that'd be the best situation, haha. However, I've seen pull videos for her...those rates...

bonkeng

It's going good, still raising the levels of my team. I'm going with Laswell/Rain/Rydia/Terra/Exdeath, until I can manage something better. I just learned of the Vortex today, so I'm running it as often as I'm able to level my characters (15 stamina for Expert makes it once per stamina bar >_<). I want to level them ASAP so I can evolve them, I hate having them all in their 3* state (it's how I pulled them).

I'm going to try to not get too attached to my account since, when Lightning releases, I'll probably re-roll until I get her (I'm crazy like that). I just really want her, and I know actually pulling her with in-game currency will be a pain. That being said, I'm still playing a lot of my current account, since the hope is there that I might be able to naturally pull Lightning. Ideally, that'd be the best situation, haha. However, I've seen pull videos for her...those rates...

Same here. I want dat Lightning ass.

Pejo

Getting my shit kicked in by Frost Dragon in Colosseum INT S-5. I tried a few different party setups and strategies, got him down to probably 5% on my last run.

Basically I just need to finish leveling up Leo and swap Cecil out for him. Cecil doesn't really offer much to my setup other than a third Cura, whereas I could have a paralyze and power break with Leo. I was able to land a Blind the last run, which helped, but even with Bartz and CoD, I ran out of MP for Barrage before it was dead.

This is one of those times I really wish I had a Vaan. Or that friends were summon-able in Colosseum.

Sekai

So CoD and Exdeath are good enough to start? I got them in my 5th re-roll, luckily.

(The others are Shantoto - Vivi - Krile - Kain)

Rixa

Heh good luck :p. To hunt base 5* unit aint easy :).

This is one of those times I really wish I had a Vaan. Or that friends were summon-able in Colosseum.

Or you could use items :/. Vaan was the key to my S5 INT victory. Cecil was secondary healer. In this fight its important to target & normally attack your own units asap they get confused. You dont want your whole party to be confused. Definetly no walk in a park fight, almost run out of mp.
My team comp:
Screenshot_20160626-171330.png
Screenshot_20160626-171358.png

Why does tapping on my characters bars in battle sometimes result in a different sub menu that totally breaks the flow? Is it a 3D touch thing on iOS or something?

The tap/touch/press stuff in this game is kind of wonky.

chrono01

Heh good luck :p. To hunt base 5* unit aint easy :).
Oh, I know, haha. I'm definitely planning for it to be a difficult thing to accomplish, but my current account will be tied to Facebook should I ever give up. I want to at least try, but I don't expect to be successful.

I'm wondering how soon we'll get her. It was around two months after the release when Japan received her, and that was directly from launch. Since we already had a few characters added (from soft launch), I wonder if that moves the timetable up a bit.

My game keeps crashing -_-
Mine too, I get stuck in crash loops after fresh installs. Game seems like it could be fun if I could play it for any length of time.
So far I've been told by support to delete and reinstall, that's not helping much.
Let's hope for a speedy update to fix things.

Also I got Shadow and Kain on my first couple of pulls, so that's nifty.

So it isn't just me. Yes, the update to the store's daily bundles and whatnot seems to be crashing the game fiercely. Can't get past the Home menu.

Rather fun so far, though I feel the gacha design is a step back from FFRK's in a number of ways. And under the hood and presentation, it's *really* leaning on the Chain Chronicle/Brave Frontier school of design, to the point of feeling more than a little derivative. I also hope Fina's a bit less of a Blatant Waifu once she becomes playable in what seems like a bit here.

Vex_

Banned
Some crashes + problems with daily login rewards (I got 125 Lapis).

Doesnt look like that on mine. Today, we get 125 lapis. At the end of every week, we get a free golden ticket.

I would screen shot it, but you cant bring that screen back up once you accept it :c

On another note, I am very suspicious of how gumi has been acting. They are giving away too much stuff. Very unlike them .... hmmmm

chrono01

Some crashes + problems with daily login rewards (I got 125 Lapis).
Wow, you've been playing this game for a long time, Rixa! Your playtime even pre-dates the launch in Japan (Day 1,824,505,728)!

I'm going to avoid logging into the game for now, I was just about to link my account to Facebook and I don't want to risk messing everything up and re-installing the game/losing my progress. :(

Rixa

On another note, I am very suspicious of how gumi has been acting. They are giving away too much stuff. Very unlike them .... hmmmm
Yeah, Ill SS it tomorrow so I get the whole month.

I know one hc PoTK player, he says its the same in PoTK (Gumi being very generous) and he used to play Global Chain Chronicles so he knows how it was in GCC. Good times :p

broz0rs

Does anybody know how to level Espers? I can't seem to find the menu for it. I click on the esper slot, and I'm only seeing Siren.

I've been getting a decent amount of crashes. The strangest one is that I can't leave the farplane using the stone. I have to exit using the vortex entry lol

Rixa

Does anybody know how to level Espers? I can't seem to find the menu for it. I click on the esper slot, and I'm only seeing Siren.

I've been getting a decent amount of crashes. The strangest one is that I can't leave the farplane using the stone. I have to exit using the vortex entry lol

In main menu you see "Colosseum" "World" "Vortex" swipe right or left so you see "Espers".

Vex_

Banned
Since we're getting gold tix every week,........

.....imma USE 1 PER WEEK >:3 out of my 10 that I'm holding on to.

Wont hurt, right?

Visceir

Since we're getting gold tix every week,........

.....imma USE 1 PER WEEK >:3 out of my 10 that I'm holding on to.

Wont hurt, right?

It's fun to pull once in a while, keeps the game entertaining. Hopefully global will get into the phase where there is weekly new batch of rate-up units at all times.

Kouriozan

Neat, looks like I hit the jackpot with my yolo pulls. Just saw that we'll get 4 rare tickets as daily rewards for this month, so they kinda make up for the 4 pulls I did.

chrono01

And account linked, whew!

I must say, I love how easy re-rolling is in this. I have my main account linked to a Facebook account now (Exdeath/Terra), and a "fodder" account linked to my very first re-roll. When Lightning hits and I try to roll for her, I just log out of my main account and keep linking to the fodder one until I get her. If I do, I just link her to a new Facebook account and I'm set! If not, I log back into the main account I have now, and pretend nothing happened. No need to delete.re-install data, set up transfer codes back-and-forth, etc. It's very refreshing.

Vex_

Banned
Did i miss something? The daily log in didn't popped up, got my reward directly to my inbox.

For some people. It is glitched. I caught it. We get 125 lapis today.. metal cactuars sprinkled here and there... but at the end of each week, we get gold tix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless they fucked up. I wish i could pull the calendar up again.

And account linked, whew!

I must say, I love how easy re-rolling is in this. I have my main account linked to a Facebook account now (Exdeath/Terra), and a "fodder" account linked to my very first re-roll. When Lightning hits and I try to roll for her, I just log out of my main account and keep linking to the fodder one until I get her. If I do, I just link her to a new Facebook account and I'm set! If not, I log back into the main account I have now, and pretend nothing happened. No need to delete.re-install data, set up transfer codes back-and-forth, etc. It's very refreshing.

Jesus. Are you STILL rolling?? Lmfaoooooooo!! Youre addicted to rolling. Lol

linkent

Nope, I'm playing now, haha.

I will try re-rolling for Lightning when she arrives, though. I really want her.
Saw your friend request.
Expand my slots just to add you bro <3

Couldnt grind gbf anymore as i am extremely salty after 65 pulls at legfest without an SSR.
Hope for better luck in this game.

Also dokkan Gogeta soon! Dont forget to login for 77gems.

chrono01

Saw your friend request.
Expand my slots just to add you bro <3

Couldnt grind gbf anymore as i am extremely salty after 65 pulls at legfest without an SSR.
Hope for better luck in this game.

Also dokkan Gogeta soon! Dont forget to login for 77gems.
Aww, thanks man. :)

Sorry to hear about GBF, but I don't blame you really. The game is extremely grindy, and I hate how I can't have a standard app on my phone that launches the game for me. Well, I can (if I want to create a Japanese iOS account and download the app through their marketplace), but I'm too lazy, haha. It's not too bad playing through a browser though. I'm just waiting for the next Guild Wars before I unleash all of my AP pots.

Yes, can't wait for Gogeta. I'll have 400+ Dragon Stones once he hits, thanks to all of the free stuff we're getting. Maybe even 450, if I grind out a few more story missions. I hope we get him!

Celegus

Should I use my lapis or my free tickets first to summon people? Or both? And then stop if I get someone good and keep the rest for some kind of event? I have absolutely no idea how these games work.

Should I use my lapis or my free tickets first to summon people? Or both? And then stop if I get someone good and keep the rest for some kind of event? I have absolutely no idea how these games work.
Free Tix, lapis u use for a buncha other shit later. U want to get something good like ExDeath, Cloud of Darkness, Bartz, Vaan Firion Cecil or like Roselia. If u ain't pull something good on the tier list u can reroll through fb like ppl are mentioning above

RalchAC

What is this gold tix you speak of?

The tickets that allow you to summon a rare units without using lapis. You should have been gifted 10 when you started the game.

Lapis can be used for a lot of things. Tickets are only for summoning rare units. So it would be wiser to save your Lapis and use tickets first.

Dawg

The price of those adamantite and crystal chest bundles have me worried.

They're ridiculously overpriced. 75 dollars for the crystal chest... what are they thinking? The content of that chest isn't even close to being worth that much. It's just some gold armor and a +20% ATK materia.

leehom

The tickets that allow you to summon a rare units without using lapis. You should have been gifted 10 when you started the game.
Oh OK. I thought a gold ticket was a special ticket that gave you a guaranteed 5 star hero. Unfortunately it's just a regular ticket

Celegus

Free Tix, lapis u use for a buncha other shit later. U want to get something good like ExDeath, Cloud of Darkness, Bartz, Vaan Firion Cecil or like Roselia. If u ain't pull something good on the tier list u can reroll through fb like ppl are mentioning above
Do stars matter? Or do they just level up as long as you have a good character?

RalchAC

Do stars matter? Or do they just level up as long as you have a good character?

The later.

It's important to keep in mind, if you are not planning to reroll, that bad characters can get a big boost once their 5 and 6* forms launch.

So there is hope for you all.

Kouriozan

More compensations?
When will their generosity stop x)

Oh and I found a screen of July rewards from Reddit

2ws3Y1Kl.jpg

500 Lapis
4 Rare summon tickets
150 NRG
21000 Gils
3 Metal Cactuar and 2 Jumbo Metal Cactuar.

After day 28 you get 3000 gils each days, if it's like June.

Vex_

Banned
More compensations?
When will their generosity stop x)

Oh and I found a screen of July rewards from Reddit

2ws3Y1Kl.jpg

500 Lapis
4 Rare summon tickets
150 NRG
21000 Gils
3 Metal Cactuar and 2 Jumbo Metal Cactuar.

After day 28 you get 3000 gils each days, if it's like June.

Told ya guys! Free tix !!!

CCIE

Banned
So, the Esper dungeon... is there other stuff in the advanced? Or do you only get crystals for the Espers you currently have? I'm only getting drops for Blue, Black, and Violet in the INT one. If so, I may need to make a run for Ifrit really quick

Vex_

Banned
So, the Esper dungeon... is there other stuff in the advanced? Or do you only get crystals for the Espers you currently have? I'm only getting drops for Blue, Black, and Violet in the INT one. If so, I may need to make a run for Ifrit really quick

Yup. You get better chance at drops in adv. And you get a guaranteed megacryst or whatever it is called on the last battle (2 of them to be exact).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom