• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Got a 4 star Edgar Miyuki Chantotto Rydia and a bunch of nonames. Is that decent or are those not great?

Not great. Miyuki is ok. Others aint anything special. Aim atleast one of these 6
Vaan / Exdeath / Cecil / Cloud of Darkness (CoD) / Bartz / Firion.
^^
Its completely ok to get 3* rarity for those.

Vex_

Banned
What in the bloody hell?

5SfUSY0l.jpg

zCrEIjUl.jpg

OjIZEuCl.jpg

Gumi...?? What are you up to? Im getting scared...

Celegus

Not great. Miyuki is ok. Others aint anything special. Aim atleast one of these 6
Vaan / Exdeath / Cecil / Cloud of Darkness (CoD) / Bartz / Firion.
^^
Its completely ok to get 3* rarity for those.
Thanks! I don't mind since I can just run through it again at work.

Rixa

What in the bloody hell?
Gumi...?? What are you up to? Im getting scared...
Meanwhile at Gumi GCC HQ.
CCGumilies.PNG
CCGumilies2.PNG
^^
tl;dr
According to Gumi, there was no Gold Chests (aka "Demon chests") in Chain Chronicle demon raids.
According to Gumi, you could obtain Demon from "Demon chest" (aka Gold Chest).

This was the Gumi we used to know during one year of Global Chain Chronicle. Things have changed o_O.

Iceman829

I started playing, but I don't really have much of an idea with what is going on. I pulled these characters and wanted to see if they are any good before I continue and link a facebook account to it.

5* Cloud of Darkness
3* Maria
4* Kain
3* Kuja
3* Shantotto
3* Shadow
3* Zidane
3* Terra
3* Clyne
3* Edgar
3* Fran
3* Galuf
4* Russell
3* Magitek Armor Terra
2* Biggs
2* Wedge

I have no idea who is considered good or how to structure my party, so any advice would be a big help. Also, does party leader have an impact on anything at all?

I started playing, but I don't really have much of an idea with what is going on. I pulled these characters and wanted to see if they are any good before I continue and link a facebook account to it.

5* Cloud of Darkness
3* Maria
4* Kain
3* Kuja
3* Shantotto
3* Shadow
3* Zidane
3* Terra
3* Clyne
3* Edgar
3* Fran
3* Galuf
4* Russell
3* Magitek Armor Terra
2* Biggs
2* Wedge

I have no idea who is considered good or how to structure my party, so any advice would be a big help. Also, does party leader have an impact on anything at all?

That is great pull. CoD, Terra and Zidane are all pretty top tier. Kuja is pretty good as well.

Woohoo, just awakened the two MC's to 3 stars! Out of energy though. Is taking the low-rank units (from friend points) into EXP dungeons with them, then merging them at max level, the fastest way to level them up?

edit: Is there a bonus for fusing 5 units at once? Or can I just do it one or two at a time as I max-out fodder?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That was my second reroll, I don't know how uncommon 5 stars really is or how rare CoD is. Is there any point in dupes of characters? Or lower rank versions?

You should use dupes to increase the affinity rank you have with your characters. When you reach 100%, the skill listed in the status menu is made available for any of your other characters.

Cloud of Darkness is top tier, currently. You should be happy!

Jeffrey

That was my second reroll, I don't know how uncommon 5 stars really is or how rare CoD is. Is there any point in dupes of characters? Or lower rank versions?

not really unless certain strategies work well with dupes.

in terms of rank, it doesn't matter at all. It's best to get the good units regardless of rank because you can lvl and evolve them up to their max rank either way.

roll for characters, not stars.

Soulez

Neo Member
I start the game yesterday and after several re-rolls, I got a Exdeath with my first lapis roll, so I stopped there. I still have all my Rare Summon tickets, but was wondering whether I should roll for some Rares or just do some Standard summons to upgrade some of my party spots.

Party:
3* Exdeath
2* Rain
2* Lasswell
3* Magitek Armor Terra
2* Biggs

Bench:
2* Wedge
1* Tronn

sasuke_91

I got a 3* Exdeath. From the list on the first page I also got Edgar, Krile and Shantotto. Is Kain any good?
Is this a good one or should I reroll again?

Matticers

So do people just have a bunch of dummy facebook accounts or is there some easy method of making them? I always thought you had to jump through hoops these days to make an account. Wondering if it's worth it to start making dummy accounts to redo my original roll.

j-wood

Well looking at the list it looks like 5 * Bartz is in the top tier. How lucky did i get?

Should I save my remaining 5 summon tickets?

NomarTyme

So do people just have a bunch of dummy facebook accounts or is there some easy method of making them? I always thought you had to jump through hoops these days to make an account. Wondering if it's worth it to start making dummy accounts to redo my original roll.
Same here. Anbody got tips?

bjork

This game crashes a lot. A lot.

I was stuck in a spot where I needed to return to town, and when I tried, the app would crash. After multiple tries across various times over the last 12 hours, I threw in the towel and deleted this. The weird thing is, I had the same problem with Record Keeper, except it wouldn't even start the game, it would just load up and then crash. So my phone hates FF or something, I guess.

Kouriozan

Hmm, I'm sure I completed all Land of Plenty exploration event since I remember getting the lapis for it, but I don't have the Fine Sword/Superior Blade recipe...
The event should be back in 2 weeks anyway.

Same here. Anbody got tips?

You only need 1 dummy account, and maybe a main one to link your good roll in case you somehow lose your game account.
To reroll, you link you game to your dummy account, then log out. Clicking play after that will make a new Brave Exvius account. If you are not satisfied with what you get, you log back in your dummy account, it will warn you about erasing your current progress, then log out and repeat the process.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Listening to the OST at work right now. Amazing.
For those like myself who don't have access to soundcloud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrzzqs3n1AU

The battle theme in particular is fantastic. They put a lot of effort into making this game appealing. It looks like a lot of people like myself who don't play mobile games are even getting sucked into at least downloading it.

Pejo

Man I am just getting so close on Frost Dragon INT S-5, but ultimately run out of heals and mp for damage across all of my units. Maybe I'll just grind out an old rank in Colosseum until I get Leo leveled up enough to bring him into the boss for his power break. I've got the Confuse thing under control now, but the damage is just too high, even with Protectga.

CCIE

Banned
Have a question. If I teach my Esper Cure, then equip it to my black mage, will she be able to use the spell? As for the rest, I had ZERO idea that I could equip certain spells to other characters. Seriously, I have the recipe for Cure, and I gave it to Zidane. So now Zidane and Terra can both heal.

I was asking because you cannot give Cure to the black mage, which is currently Shantotto. Interestingly enough, Rain can use Cure as well, but Lasswell can't. I need to get more recipes for abilities ASAP

If I can teach Siren Cure, then add it to my black mage and use the spell, I will train the ability immediately.

CCIE

Banned
Oh, and I guess I will do a bunch of FP summons this next week, just to see if I can get the cactuars and gil turtles in the special. I'll just sell them all off for money, and possibly try to fuse them first...

Interesting specials... They seem to be promoting this game rather hard

Credo

I finally managed to get Exdeath, but I'm not sure the other units I got are good enough. Would you guys go ahead with these units or keep trying since this will be the best time to reroll?

3* Exdeath
3* Cyan
3* Edgar
3* Penelo
3* Rydia (x2)
3* Vivi
3* Anzelm (x2)
4* Galuf
4* Sabin
4* Clyne

I know most here have said that one elite character is enough to carry you a long way, but I'd really like to have 2 good units, and I'm not sure this setup would be that.

j-wood

I finally managed to get Exdeath, but I'm not sure the other units I got are good enough. Would you guys go ahead with these units or keep trying since this will be the best time to reroll?

3* Exdeath
3* Cyan
3* Edgar
3* Penelo
3* Rydia (x2)
3* Vivi
3* Anzelm (x2)
4* Galuf
4* Sabin
4* Clyne

I know most here have said that one elite character is enough to carry you a long way, but I'd really like to have 2 good units, and I'm not sure this setup would be that.

I just started and have been looking at drop rates all morning. The chances of you getting 2 top tier characters in one round of first pulls is so incredibly small it'll probably never happen. I'd be happy with the 1 top pull.

CCIE

Banned
That's why I wasn't worried about Top-Tier characters. I got a bunch of really good units, but missed out on Bartz/Vaan. I was lucky enough to get Terra (4*), Leo (4*), Duane (5*), Shantotto, Vivi, Zidane, and Gilbert ( an eventual 5* bard?) 6 usable character out of 10 pulls.

Add the characters of Laswell, and Rain to the mix and that isn't too shabby. Only place I've had minor problems is the ADV Experience Vortex, and I just bring along a top tier Friend Unit.

Hopefully I can pull on of the top units later on when the rates increase.

Nohar

Currently exploring Fulan Pass.

Am I the only one to get Xenoblade Chronicles vibes from the aera's music?
The OST is surprisingly good.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, decided to re-roll for the hell of it, and I now have a bit of a quandary. I just drew Bartz, Shantotto, and Krile in the first three hits. That would leave me seven summon tickets for the future, but I lose my steal ability for now.

How is Krile as a character? I wonder if I could pull Vaan if it came down to it? I may need to make yet another dummy account ... Does Krile's LB really heal for three turns in a row? That seems like one Hell of a LB

Nohar

Wow, decided to re-roll for the hell of it, and I now have a bit of a quandary. I just drew Bartz, Shantotto, and Krile in the first three hits. That would leave me seven summon tickets for the future, but I lose my steal ability for now.

How is Krile as a character? I wonder if I could pull Vaan if it came down to it? I may need to make yet another dummy account ... Does Krile's LB really heal for three turns in a row? That seems like one Hell of a LB

Krile's LB grants Regen to everyone in the party. Sadly, it isn't that powerful: it heals a little over 100 HP for everyone per turn (that being said, I may need to improve her stats and/or level-up that ability for it to shine).
It is very useful to have when exploring though, since it basically is a free heal. Cast it, Defend for everyone, and voilà.

On that subject: how do we level-up unique skills?

Rixa

If it helps at all, here is my party Krile as healer. At 4* max level (60) she learns Dualcast, thus you can cast Cura twice (or Thundara + Cura or some other combos). My Firion is now lvl 70 and Espers have developed but otherwise party is this:
If I were you, I would use rest of tix and do reroll if needed, dont use Lapis. Try to get atleast 2x top 10 (see the link I provided upper post). Yesterday I rerolled for friend account that had Leo & CoD.

Nohar

I'm beginning to think I got screwed hard with my pulls... Oh well. I will wait for a special banner, and hope to get better units (Rydia, why are you letting me down?).

Does the game warn us when we hit the max exp/combat limit during exploration ?

Falk

that puzzling face
I got all 3*s which should hardly surprise anyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not that I really care. Not rerolling. Bring it on.

edit: Right as I say that I pull a 4* Vivi. Thanks I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom