• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

I got all 3*s which should hardly surprise anyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not that I really care. Not rerolling. Bring it on.

edit: Right as I say that I pull a 4* Vivi. Thanks I guess?

Falk-kun! I am so happy to see you :D
Vivi seems OK from what I am reading. Don't forget to share your pulls with us.

Also, it doesn't matter if you get a 3*, as long as you get the good units.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I got all 3*s which should hardly surprise anyone ¯_(ツ)_/¯

It's not about the Pull rank. It's about the potential rank.
Ranking up is crazy easy in this game.

I got all 3*s which should hardly surprise anyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The rarity of pulls doesn't really matter in this game. It's just nice to be able to pull a 5* so you don't have to spend time getting EXP and materials to awaken them. A character that started at 3* will be no different than one that started at 5*. It's even less of a time sink now too since the 2nd island opened. You get lots of materials that were once really rare when we only had access to the 1st island.

Falk

that puzzling face
Eh, just to elaborate, I'm well aware - I played JP on launch then quit after a few weeks to wait.

The whole 3* thing is kind of an ongoing joke with FFRK and KHUX OTs at this point. (KHUX is similarly more medal-based than * based)

edit: Also just to elaborate, didn't get any of the usual suspects a-la Exdeath, Cecil, etc. outside of that additional pull.

I'm beginning to think I got screwed hard with my pulls... Oh well. I will wait for a special banner, and hope to get better units (Rydia, why are you letting me down?).

Does the game warn us when we hit the max exp/combat limit during exploration ?

No, it doesn't tell you when you're out of fights in exploration unfortunately. Just have to run around until you don't get anymore random battles.

Myze

My main account has everyone maxed and is plenty well off, but I did a reroll for fun.

Managed to get Exdeath, Cecil, Terra and Roselia. Also got some decent other units like Shantotto and Zidane.

Definitely gonna have to continue with that group, it's a good bit better than the one I'm currently using at the moment (will miss my CoD though, especially when she gets her 6*).

CCIE

Banned
I ran it the rest of it... crap. I'm going to have a hard time beating my current party which all have AoE LB, I barely have 2 top 10, but my entire party is Top 25 with the exception of Zidane. My only real issue with my current setup is that Terra cannot equip a robe for some reason.

What the Hell is that? So she is running around with no armor in my party currently

Caim

I ran it the rest of it... crap. I'm going to have a hard time beating my current party which all have AoE LB, I barely have 2 top 10, but my entire party is Top 25 with the exception of Zidane. My only real issue with my current setup is that Terra cannot equip a robe for some reason.

What the Hell is that? So she is running around with no armor in my party currently

Terra's armor choices seem really limited. I've had the leather shirt on her since I got her. She can also wear the kenpogi which comes from one of the earth keys.

Man, I'm all out of energy but still want to keep playing. It's kind of making me want to restart my sub to FFXIV. I think this is what they call brand synergy?

Malreyn

Game is buggy as hell...I just logged back on after logging on this morning, saw that I had 22/22 NRG, then I hit the "chamber of crystals event" from the vortex screen and immediately killed 15 of my energy to 7/22, and said I didn't have enough to do the Adv. dungeon.

Edit: Also having crashing issues in explorations areas where I disconnect from servers and log back in to see I have to fight the bosses again, but it remembers the HP/MP my characters expended prior to the disconnect

Edit 2: After looking at the "support info" in the menu screen, my NRG to goes back 22/22....the hell is going on?

Valus

What's with the sound dying on iOS? Reinstalling brings it back but then it just dies again.

Is there a fix yet? I want to hear the music all of gaf is raving about :(

Primus

What's with the sound dying on iOS? Reinstalling brings it back but then it just dies again.

I get this as well, I'll get sound, then the next time starting up no sound, then sound again the next time, back and forth.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Lol.
Just go to multitasking and swipe the app away to close it.

When you reopen it the sound is back. No need to reinstall.

Chairhome

So, I'm late to the party on this, but what should I do with low rank characters? Level up and evolve, or use as fodder to feed my high ranks?

So, I'm late to the party on this, but what should I do with low rank characters? Level up and evolve, or use as fodder to feed my high ranks?

Level up to use as fodder, or sell them for gil. Also there will be evemts where you can use friend points to get units that give TONS of exp/gil, so that's when you'll want to spend most of those

Shadow780

Where can I check the tier list?

I have:

4* Edgar
4* Cyan
4* Vaan
3* Penelo
3* Maria
3* Sabin
3* Kain
3* Shantotto
3* Bedile
3* Magitek Terra
3* Medius
3* Russell

Malreyn

Where can I check the tier list?

I have:

4* Edgar
4* Cyan
4* Vaan
3* Penelo
3* Maria
3* Sabin
3* Kain
3* Shantotto
3* Bedile
3* Magitek Terra
3* Medius
3* Russell

I think the tier lists vary site by site, but for rerolling purposes I just followed exviuswiki.com list and went with that as a guideline of who to keep and when to reroll.

elty

Rerolled 10 times already and not a single Vaan, Exdeath, Bartz, Cecil, CoD, Firionm Garland, Terra,Roselia

Credo

Well, I disregarded advice and kept rerolling like an idiot, and I just got 3* Firion and 5* Exdeath back-to-back, so I think I'll save the last 3 tickets and stop there. Can't believe my stubbornness paid off for once in my life!

I know for sure that Exdeath and Firion will be 2 of my staples, but I'd like some advice (that I'll actually take) for my 3 other spots. The other characters I drew are:

3* Shantotto (x2)
3* Cyan
3* Miyuki
3* Anzelm
3* Clyne
3* Russell

I've read that Rain and Lasswell are pretty good characters, but I see that Shantotto, Cyan, and Miyuki are all listed in the "Useful" tier in this guide. Should I use Shantotto, Cyan, and Miyuki for my remaining 3 slots, or will Rain and Lasswell ever be good enough to surpass them? Also, should I keep my 2 Shantottos as separate units or fuse them? Thanks in advance for any advice.

mikemandey

Well, I disregarded advice and kept rerolling like an idiot, and I just got 3* Firion and 5* Exdeath back-to-back, so I think I'll save the last 3 tickets and stop there. Can't believe my stubbornness paid off for once in my life!

I know for sure that Exdeath and Firion will be 2 of my staples, but I'd like some advice (that I'll actually take) for my 3 other spots. The other characters I drew are:

3* Shantotto (x2)
3* Cyan
3* Miyuki
3* Anzelm
3* Clyne
3* Russell

I've read that Rain and Lasswell are pretty good characters, but I see that Shantotto, Cyan, and Miyuki are all listed in the "Useful" tier in this guide. Should I use Shantotto, Cyan, and Miyuki for my remaining 3 slots, or will Rain and Lasswell ever be good enough to surpass them? Also, should I keep my 2 Shantottos as separate units or fuse them? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Exdeath, Firion, Miyuki/Shantotto, Laswell, Fina

You definitely need Fina, because you didn't pull any healer. You'll get her on the second island though.

How is the story of this game?

Not too special.. OST is very very good though..

DeviantBoi

How do you reroll?

Or, if I already used my 10 summons from the free tickets, can I restart again and get the tickets again?

Basoes

How do you reroll?

you need a dummy facebook account, you link a game account to that, then you log off in game and it starts a new game, keeping logging in and out of the fb account to reroll, once you get what you want, link it to your main facebook account so you don't lose it

Credo

Exdeath, Firion, Miyuki/Shantotto, Laswell, Fina

You definitely need Fina, because you didn't pull any healer. You'll get her on the second island though.

Thank you very much for this reply and for the one before it. I have 3 more tickets left, so I could try to pull a healer, but I'd like to save them for later when certain units get boosted chances. I'd probably just get 2 Galufs and a Russell anyway.

Basoes

very happy with my Exdeath, Firion, and Cecil, not happy with grinding all their levels and farming mats for evolve lol

all of em are at 30/40 and still need to get the mats

Vex_

Banned
Can I ask what makes Vaan so great? His stats dont seem all that impressive. I really just dont like his ass so im trying to find any reason to ditch him for edgar.

I think edgar hits harder even though he is currently only a four star bro. Plus, edgar has multihit aoe damage which means you have a higher chance to proc sleep dagger (or any other weapon effects).

Vaan gets..... fullbreak......and aerora? Ok. So what?
Am I missing something?????

fionel

Can I ask what makes Vaan so great? His stats dont seem all that impressive. I really just dont like his ass so im trying to find any reason to ditch him for edgar.

I think edgar hits harder even though he is currently only a four star bro. Plus, edgar has multihit aoe damage which means you have a higher chance to proc sleep dagger (or any other weapon effects).

If they more or less follow the same character release agenda as the JPN version, then Fullbreak is probably THE best skill you can get for the first few months. It wrecks bosses that are not immune to it and Vaan will probably be the only guy to have that skill until Warrior of Light or co. gets released Globally.

Basoes

full break reduces the targets Attack, Defense, Magic, and Spirit all by 30%

that's a really really good skill, which is why vaan is highly rated, other characters get this later on as well as Rain when he gets his 6 star evolve

Vex_

Banned
If they more or less follow the same character release agenda as the JPN version, then Fullbreak is probably THE best skill you can get for the first few months. It wrecks bosses that are not immune to it and Vaan will probably be the only guy to have that skill until Warrior of Light or co. gets released Globally.

full break reduces the targets Attack, Defense, Magic, and Spirit all by 30%

that's a really really good skill, which is why vaan is highly rated, other characters get this later on as well as Rain when get gets his 6 star evolve

Well i guess I will hang on to him in case I need fullbreak then... he is def NOT going into my party right now. i already slaughter everything with exdeath/CoD/cecil. I just got krile for mah healings and was wondering if I should put eddy/vaanLoSER/shanty in that last slot...

*Sigh* I guess vaan it is.... i wish we could trade units. I REALLY hate him.

Every time I try to finish the exploration mission I'm on, it says it lost the connection :( Is there an issue right now or am I boned?

If i re roll, and get characters on high tier list, it doesnt matter if they are 5 star right? Just level them up and be the same?

Thinking i have to re roll..

Vex_

Banned
Every time I try to finish the exploration mission I'm on, it says it lost the connection :( Is there an issue right now or am I boned?

No issue here. Android tablet.

Is Leo any good?

He is a decent hybrid tank/dps. Put some good armor on him (colosseum gives some good stuff) and have him use "draw attacks". He can aggro for your team if you need him to. Otherwise, if you have something better, put that in your party slot instead.

If i re roll, and get characters on high tier list, it doesnt matter if they are 5 star right? Just level them up and be the same?

Correct. doesnt matter. A 3 star exdeath can always reach 5 stars. Understand that not every unit has a 5 star level though.

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Use that to search a unit's max star level. They will also list FUTURE star levels. Meaning if you click on a unit, they will tell you if they are getting an extra awakening level later on in an update Japan already has.

Caim

Rank doesn't matter it's pretty easy to get the materials needed to awaken characters.

reroll 20 times and now i have 2 options

Option 1: Bartz, Vann, Edgar, Shantotto, Fran, Cyan, Shadow
Option 2: 2x Exdeath, Cecil, Edgar, Vivi, Kuja,Cyan
Which option i should choose or should i reroll?

Valentus

pulled like 50 times in the beta... got 7 lunas and 6 kains... cursed my luck.

Now i have a 299 atk vaan with barrage and gungnir.

That's the awesome thing about brave exvius... almost every unit can be useful in its unique way.

NomarTyme

Got CoD after 7th reroll. Done with fucking rerolling, time to enjoy the goddamn game!

Hmm, I'm sure I completed all Land of Plenty exploration event since I remember getting the lapis for it, but I don't have the Fine Sword/Superior Blade recipe...
The event should be back in 2 weeks anyway.

You only need 1 dummy account, and maybe a main one to link your good roll in case you somehow lose your game account.
To reroll, you link you game to your dummy account, then log out. Clicking play after that will make a new Brave Exvius account. If you are not satisfied with what you get, you log back in your dummy account, it will warn you about erasing your current progress, then log out and repeat the process.
Thanks!

Yeah I realize it wouldn't let me login for my android version and was frustrated but restarted the phone solved everything.

mikemandey

Played since beta and never saved my lapis. Like ever. Because I'm an incredibly impatient man, even though I'm aware that we'll get rate up event in the future. Haha.

Now I have most of the 5* star units bar ExDeath, Cecil, and Bartz. Ugh.

Vex_

Banned
Do you gain friend points when people use your unit, or only when using other people's?

Neither.

You get fp when they gift you it. Assuming you are "thinking" of the gift you want. To set your "thoughts" to Friend points, goto the friends menu, and select your "thoughts" to be the pink friend point sign.

Gifts can be gifted once perday. More friends= more potential gifts.

QQ1INno.png

zFB5apb.png

Clicking on the red brings you to the second picture. Where you can choose what you are thinking of -- things you want as a gift.

Clicking on the blue "receive" button, lets you collect gifts from your friends. IF THEY decide to not be a douche and send you stuff. It should be noted that they lose nothing for sending you gifts. It is completely free.

Clicking on the green lets you send them gifts in a similar fashion.

Edit: sorry, doing this on mobile lol. Will try to make this more clear by writing on it. Hopefully I make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom