• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
Does the game crash for anyone else if they try to do Receive All on the friend gifts menu?

It used to pre update (launch). But this might be because I dont let my fp build up too much before I receive them. Anyhing past 30 different friends sending fp would crash me. Now I accept it as much as I can.

chrono01

I wonder if we'll get Lighting-sama shortly after the launch/ten free summon ticket event ends. I can see why they wouldn't release her now, with everyone re-rolling, but I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for her to arrive. If you factor in soft launch, this game has been around over a month, and she hit the Japanese gatcha around two months in.

I'd like to think she'll be here within another 30 days (estimate), I need her.

Vex_

Banned
I wonder if we'll get Lighting-sama shortly after the launch/ten free summon ticket event ends. I can see why they wouldn't release her now, with everyone re-rolling, but I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for her to arrive. If you factor in soft launch, this game has been around over a month, and she hit the Japanese gatcha around two months in.

I'd like to think she'll be here within another 30 days (estimate), I need her.

Raitoningu is supposed to be one of the best units. Cant say I am a fan of hers tho. If I get her, then meh. If not, then eh. My team is already stacked.

EDarkness

I just downloaded this game and I'm just getting started. I was asked to get a character and I got Rizer who is a 1 star. Is this good? I have no idea what's going on, but I'm getting the feeling that this is like Dungeon Boss where there's a certain amount of energy you get each day and running dungeons uses this energy. It resets at the end of the day as well. We also get a free item every day as well. I haven't played many free to play games so I'm guessing this is standard stuff. How do we get new characters?

Vex_

Banned
I just downloaded this game and I'm just getting started. I was asked to get a character and I got Rizer who is a 1 star. Is this good? I have no idea what's going on, but I'm getting the feeling that this is like Dungeon Boss where there's a certain amount of energy you get each day and running dungeons uses this energy. It resets at the end of the day as well. We also get a free item every day as well. I haven't played many free to play games so I'm guessing this is standard stuff. How do we get new characters?

Rizer is always obtained in the beginning. You are still in the tutorial. You are "done" with the tutorial when you have access to the home menu. From there, you will see an option to summon units.

Well i guess i suck, i trief to re rolled..and nothing happened when i logged into facebook
First create a spare Facebook account. Link your current account (that you no longer want) to this Facebook through the title screen. Now, go into your options and log out of Facebook in the game menus. The game will automatically restart from the beginning. If you still don't get what you want, go back to the title screen and log into that dummy account again. This will replace your latest account with that first one. Log out again to start over. Repeat until you get your best roll. Instead of logging into your dummy account this time, you can log into your real Facebook to save this account. Alternatively, you don't have to log into a Facebook at all once you get a roll you want to keep.

Anyway, I just rolled a Cecil, but every other roll was garbage, so I'll probably keep rerolling.

First create a spare Facebook account. Link your current account (that you no longer want) to this Facebook through the title screen. Now, go into your options and log out of Facebook in the game menus. The game will automatically restart from the beginning. If you still don't get what you want, go back to the title screen and log into that dummy account again. This will replace your latest account with that first one. Log out again to start over. Repeat until you get your best roll. Instead of logging into your dummy account this time, you can log into your real Facebook to save this account. Alternatively, you don't have to log into a Facebook at all once you get a roll you want to keep.

Anyway, I just rolled a Cecil, but every other roll was garbage, so I'll probably keep rerolling.

Thanks a bunch! Missed a step.

Dandte

Spoke with the customer service. Old players who didn't bought the earlz bird package won't get the offer again...i thougt i saw a statement on thei fb side indicated otherwise...

The material limit is actively hampering my enjoyment of this game in a big way. How much lapis is it to make that not an issue? Related, any mats I should be saving in particular?

Kouriozan

The material limit is actively hampering my enjoyment of this game in a big way. How much lapis is it to make that not an issue? Related, any mats I should be saving in particular?
I increased it to 100 and don't have any problem at the end of the current content.
They are giving away enough lapis for now to do it anyway.
The important mats to save should be the awakening ones like Heaven's Ashes, God's Reliquary, Mystic Ore, Sacred Crystal.

So do we have a rough idea of what the update schedule will be? Has Square indicated that we'll be following the JP schedule, or will it be a bit accelerated, or what? How often can we expect new content, based on the JP version?

Also, is it me or does SPR not do a heck of a lot for the effectiveness of heals? I'm getting a bit of an effect, but I feel like both Maria and Fina are better of just equipping the strongest bow available and contributing as much damage as possible to attack chains as opposed to gearing for SPR.

(And yes, I do know attack patterns remain the same despite weapon equip types. Even so, bows are their offensive option.)

I increased it to 100 and don't have any problem at the end of the current content.
They are giving away enough lapis for now to do it anyway.
The important mats to save should be the awakening ones like Heaven's Ashes, God's Reliquary, Mystic Ore, Sacred Crystal.
Do you ever have to throw out mats? Well, besides duplicate stacks, which is a thing I assume happens. Also, does the mat limit ever increase on rank up?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i used all of my 10 Tickets.I was just hoping for one extra Top Tier unit or potential 6*.

The good news i got 2 units that will get a 6* version in the future. The bad news...both of them are Cecil...a unit i already had before.
So now i have my regular 5* Cecil and 2 3* Cecils i dont know what to do with....makes me wanna reroll lol.
Is rerolling worth it? Or is it pretty easy to get characters in this?
Its not easy nor hard - just luck. I would reroll just because you might regret not having better Gacha units later in the game - try to get at least one Top Tier Unit.

The Story Units you get for free in the game are quite strong though - you can clear all of the content released so far with them....so yeah even with the worst Gacha luck you will see enough of the game.

Vex_

Banned
Is rerolling worth it? Or is it pretty easy to get characters in this?

Both.

Rerolling is worth it because it is easy. And you have a lot to gain (like end game OP units). We also start out with free golden tickets.

On the other hand...

It is easy to get characters especially now because they are giving away so much stuff each day. Even if you dont roll the character you want, you might still pull one of the rarer ones anyway.

ReaperXL7

What is the actual gacha rate?

I don't think any company has ever publically shared their rates for gachas but I'd be happy to be corrected on that.

Really enjoying the game so far, story seems much more involved (If alittle bland) then I think I was expecting even though I have spent more time farming the EXP dungeons then I have actually working through the campaign so far.

Does anyone know if Golbez or any characters from Tactics are in the JP version yet? I'm hoping they are, and they are worth using. Right now my team is Exdeath, Cecil, Firion, Krile, and 5* Medius.
I'm not sure if I should replace Krile with Fina but so far she's been a solid healer.

Falk

that puzzling face
I managed to get the game into a state where there was no sound, even when restarting the app.

Hard restart of phone fixed it.

Don't recall this many technical issues at JP launch, although I didn't really dig that much into the game either.

edit
Maybe i got it wrong, but doesn't japanese companys have to be transparent on gacha games?

Yeah, exactly that.

Dandte

So i used all of my 10 Tickets.I was just hoping for one extra Top Tier unit or potential 6*.

The good news i got 2 units that will get a 6* version in the future. The bad news...both of them are Cecil...a unit i already had before.
So now i have my regular 5* Cecil and 2 3* Cecils i dont know what to do with....makes me wanna reroll lol.

Its not easy nor hard - just luck. I would reroll just because you might regret not having better Gacha units later in the game - try to get at least one Top Tier Unit.

The Story Units you get for free in the game are quite strong though - you can clear all of the content released so far with them....so yeah even with the worst Gacha luck you will see enough of the game.

3 future Excaliburs!

You'd be very happy.

Maybe i got it wrong, but doesn't japanese companys have to be transparent on gacha games?

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I'll see what I do. They give you lots of friend points, tickets and lapis in the beginning. I got to get a few good things.....right?

broz0rs

I managed to get the game into a state where there was no sound, even when restarting the app.

Hard restart of phone fixed it.

yeah, the same thing happened to me today. The other apps had sound, but this one only allowed me to adjust sound effects on my iPad.

Personally, I think FFBE's launch is smooth sailings compared to Brave Frontier.

Wookieomg

So um, I tried to make a new dummy facebook account so I could do some re-rolls, and I got a page asking me to confirm my identity? I have to scan in personal info and send it to FB, then they'll delete it from their servers once it's confirmed? Pretty weird shit, never seen that before. Anyone else had to do that?

Rixa

Neither.

You get fp when they gift you it. Assuming you are "thinking" of the gift you want. To set your "thoughts" to Friend points, goto the friends menu, and select your "thoughts" to be the pink friend point sign.

Gifts can be gifted once perday. More friends= more potential gifts.

Clicking on the red brings you to the second picture. Where you can choose what you are thinking of -- things you want as a gift.

Clicking on the blue "receive" button, lets you collect gifts from your friends. IF THEY decide to not be a douche and send you stuff. It should be noted that they lose nothing for sending you gifts. It is completely free.

Clicking on the green lets you send them gifts in a similar fashion.

Edit: sorry, doing this on mobile lol. Will try to make this more clear by writing on it. Hopefully I make sense.

Yes you do get FP when you use other players units and they use your leader.

Next week we have FP event, where you get 50 FP everytime someone uses your leader or you use theirs.

This means there is 2 ways to do this (after dailies are done)

1. Spam Earth Shrine 1 nrg quest for FP & TM

or

2. Spam Grandshelt Catacombs - Exit, 3 nrg quest for FP & TM & rank exp

^^ Iam going to option 2.

This 2 weeks event is one reason why you want to max friendslots (130 is max, you can add 100 slots). 100 Lapis is 5 friendslots.

Another reason is, the more you have active friends, the faster you get those Gold trophies 3x500 Lapis.

Third reason is that you get steady & nice amounts FP daily, even outside of special FP events.

Fourth reason is, you have huge pool of friends to choose helper to tough quests. No need to refresh flist by logging out or doing 1nrg quest.

(On mobile, sorry about typos).

Edit: Then you use these Friend Points to summon FP units and you fuse same units ie. fuse Rizer to Rizer, rarity doesnt matter. When Rizer has TM 100% you get its ability +10% hp (from Base stats". There are good TM units and a lot of bad which you can sell, no need to fuse bad TM units. Reddit has a list about these. After you have got TM from unit, you can sell that FP unit, or use it to get guaranteed extra TM chest after every quest (doesnt work in Colo nor Vortex). I personally sell those FP umits.

Vex_

Banned
Yes you do get FP when you use other players units and they use your leader.

Next week we have FP event, where you get 50 FP everytime someone uses yoyr leader or you use theirs.

Is this all the time? Or is this just for the event coming up? If it is the former, is there a source I can read up on? This is the first I have heard of that. If it is the latter, that is pretty cool.

Edit: are you talking about using them and gaining that +10? Like right before a battle? That is something entirely different I must have misunderstood his original question.

Rixa

Is this all the time? Or is this just for the event coming up? If it is the former, is there a source I can read up on? This is the first I have heard of that. If it is the latter, that is pretty cool.

Edit: are you talking about using them and gaining that +10? Like right before a battle? That is something entirely different I must have misunderstood his original question.
When event is, Its 50 FP , outside event its 10 FP, everytime you use friend. Non friends are 25 FP when event, 5 FP outside of event.

Nohar

I guess I should add all NeoGAF members then.

My ID is 125.175.428.

Which character should I pick as a leader? I have Edgar, Shantotto, Krile, Rydia who are at decent level (but nothing extraordinary). I have Rydia as my current leader, should I just switch to Shantotto (way more spells and flexibility) or Edgar (dat poison)?

scarlet

I guess I should add all NeoGAF members then.

My ID is 125.175.428.

Which character should I pick as a leader? I have Edgar, Shantotto, Krile, Rydia who are at decent level (but nothing extraordinary). I have Rydia as my current leader, should I just switch to Shantotto (way more spells and flexibility) or Edgar (dat poison)?

Leader is the unit you share to your friends, isn't it?

I used exdeath and got ton of request lol

sasuke_91

This game is a lot like Brave Frontier which isn't a bad thing. I liked some stuff about Brave Frontier a lot.
My Friend Code is 881.614.655
Wanted to change my name to SasukeGAF but didn't notice the character limited and ended up calling myself SasukeGA. Now I'm stuck with that name for 2 weeks o_O

@Nohar: Sent a friend request. I have a 3* Exdeath as Leader.

Nohar

This game is a lot like Brave Frontier which isn't a bad thing. I liked some stuff about Brave Frontier a lot.
Wanted to change my name to SasukeGAF but didn't notice the character limited and ended up calling myself SasukeGA. Now I'm stuck with that name for 2 weeks o_O

Added you!

I switched to Shantotto as my leader by the way: she has a lot of spells available at level 31, so while she isn't a powerhouse like Exdeath with his early -ga spells, she will be able to fit nicely in most teams I think/hope.

Valentus

Added you!

I switched to Shantotto as my leader by the way: she has a lot of spells available at level 31, so while she isn't a powerhouse like Exdeath with his early -ga spells, she will be able to fit nicely in most teams I think/hope.

shantotto is a nice starter for her versatility.

An advice: dont sell/fuse early your shantottos if you get more than one. Youll need her TM if you want a powercreep ExDeath later.

EDarkness

I sent a request. Name is Talbain. Might change my leader to Maria since she's my only 4 star character at the moment. She's a pretty good healer.

EDIT: What's the purpose of Metal Cactuars? I have one, but not sure what the point of it is.

Rixa

I sent a request. Name is Talbain. Might change my leader to Maria since she's my only 4 star character at the moment. She's a pretty good healer.

EDIT: What's the purpose of Metal Cactuars? I have one, but not sure what the point of it is.
Exp, fuse it to unit. Next weeks event can give from Friend points pulls Cactuars 3 different sizes (unit exp) or Gil turtles (sell for Gil) 3 different sizes. Then there are sometimes (once per month or so) Cactuar Vortex & another weekend Gil Turtle Vortex.

Jumbo cactuars are worth of 30k unit exp...

I think I like rerolling more than playing currently...Got a pretty good account out of it that I'll probably switch to, though. Bartz, Cecil, Kain, Rydia and Zidane.

Might push my luck and see if I can get 3 "best" units.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think I like rerolling more than playing currently...Got a pretty good account out of it that I'll probably switch to, though. Bartz, Cecil, Kain, Rydia and Zidane.

Might push my luck and see if I can get 3 "best" units.

Good luck - send me a new invite once you settle down on a account.

That Cecil/Bartz Account is pretty nice though...and it will take a longass time but since Zidane is a main unit he will at some point get a kickass 6* version - probably +1year away though lol. He has one of the best TMs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom