• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

I don't think any company has ever publically shared their rates for gachas but I'd be happy to be corrected on that.

Plenty of games do.... for those that doesn't people usually manage to data mine it.

Last Gumi game that I played has a 5* rate of 1.7%(changed to 7% after a year). Most other are around 5-10%.

Visceir

Maybe i got it wrong, but doesn't japanese companys have to be transparent on gacha games?

During one of their latest jp nicolive streams the game director stated that they are planning to make the gacha rates visible. People thought it would happen by the end of the month but I guess they've delayed it a little. Might take a while for GL to get it though.

I think I like rerolling more than playing currently...Got a pretty good account out of it that I'll probably switch to, though. Bartz, Cecil, Kain, Rydia and Zidane.

Might push my luck and see if I can get 3 "best" units.

If I were to go hardcore into GL I'd try to roll an acc with as many Zidanes as possible+ Miyuki/Cecil/Kain+Luna+Vaan+Bartz/Firion in that order and set my main goal to get all their trusts (which would prob take about a month).

You guys have no clue how good Dual-Wield materia is.

The material limit is actively hampering my enjoyment of this game in a big way. How much lapis is it to make that not an issue? Related, any mats I should be saving in particular?

I trucked along with 80 materia slots for a long time until 6* mats were added.

So do we have a rough idea of what the update schedule will be? Has Square indicated that we'll be following the JP schedule, or will it be a bit accelerated, or what? How often can we expect new content, based on the JP version?

Also, is it me or does SPR not do a heck of a lot for the effectiveness of heals? I'm getting a bit of an effect, but I feel like both Maria and Fina are better of just equipping the strongest bow available and contributing as much damage as possible to attack chains as opposed to gearing for SPR.

(And yes, I do know attack patterns remain the same despite weapon equip types. Even so, bows are their offensive option.)

Hirono only stated that they've got updates/content planned out for a year for GL. The JP schedule has worked for them, can't imagine they will be straying from it much.

SPR doesn't have much effect on heals, just bulk up your healers with +hp and mp gear to make them survive and last longer.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If I were to go hardcore into GL I'd try to roll an acc with as many Zidanes as possible+ Miyuki/Cecil/Kain+Luna+Vaan+Bartz/Firion in that order and set my main goal to get all their trusts (which would prob take about a month).

You guys have no clue how good Dual-Wield materia is.

How would you be able to max their TMs in a month ? Been playing the game for a months and my TM are barely above 5% if at all.

cw_sasuke

with 5 copies of a character you need aprox 2 weeks to TM that character.

...ill ask again - how ? I have been playing the game for a month daily without wasting too much stamina and havent gotten TMs nearly as high. Unless im missing something obvious here.

Valentus

...ill ask again - how ? I have been playing the game for a month daily without wasting too much stamina and havent gotten TMs nearly as high. Unless im missing something obvious here.

how? just grinding man, playing Earth Shrine - entrance over and over and over and over.

There is 10% chance of a char to get 0.1% TM up, so if i am wrong, my funny math tells me that in a party of 5 copies of the same char, theres 40% chance that at least 1 of thos copies gets 0,1 TM.

When you get 80% combined of TM, fuse them all and viola, trust mastery get.

You have added me, you could see my vaan, is product of only grinding TMs lol.

Nohar

... Yikes. No way I am going to grind TMs. I don't have the time for that, and there is absolutly no fun in doing it.

cw_sasuke

how? just grinding man, playing Earth Shrine - entrance over and over and over and over.

There is 10% chance of a char to get 0.1% TM up, so if i am wrong, my funny math tells me that in a party of 5 copies of the same char, theres 40% chance that at least 1 of thos copies gets 0,1 TM.

When you get 80% combined of TM, fuse them all and viola, trust mastery get.

You have added me, you could see my vaan, is product of only grinding TMs lol.

Okay that makes more sense....but if my math is correct you would need to farm a single stage for multipler hours per day for 2 weeks - thats...a lot.

Valentus

Okay that makes more sense....but if my math is correct you would need to farm a single stage for multipler hours per day for 2 weeks - thats...a lot.

that only depends of your time and how faster you want to get the TM. I only grind to get 5% daily in general.

Visceir

Yup, but the end result would be a character that rivals Lightning + since those are materias and weapons you can always put them on newer, more powerful, units.

Dual-wield still is highly relevant in current JP version.

Falk

that puzzling face
I managed to get the game into a state where there was no sound, even when restarting the app.

Hard restart of phone fixed it.

Appears to have a lot to do with plugging/unplugging headphones.

Durrrrrrrrrrr

garath

Got a Bartz,luna and two garland in this reroll. I see them on the lists. Good start or shoot for better? Rerolling super easy right now with he free tickets.

Edit: and any way to hold onto accounts. The cust code maybe?

Razmos

I wonder how long it's going to be before we get more story characters
chara_nich_anime.gif

chara_nich_bg_cg.jpg

They all look really cool and having more characters will make the existing characters have slightly more interesting interactions, because the story dialogue at the moment is blehhhh. Lasswell is an utter bore, Fina is annoying as heck and Rain is.. alright

Considering how long it took for Fina to join the party, I'm not expecting it to be soon, haha

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Most that have TMd rare units at this point have loaded the thing into an Android emulator and let a macro run for a few days.

cw_sasuke

that only depends of your time and how faster you want to get the TM. I only grind to get 5% daily in general.
Sure thats fine...well for people that can pull 5 times the same unit that they want the TM from xD
Yup, but the end result would be a character that rivals Lightning + since those are materias and weapons you can always put them on newer, more powerful, units.

Dual-wield still is highly relevant in current JP version.
Def. a nice longterm goal but there is nothing right now that needs that kind of OPness. Especially if it means farming hours per day.
Most that have TMd rare units at this point have loaded the thing into an Android emulator and let a macro run for a few days.
Okay now THIS is more likely and something i can understand. Most people made it seem like they farm the stages on their phone for 6 hours per day like its normal...lol.

Just maxed ex death at 5 star. What's the better one to get to 5 star first, Vaan or Bartz?
Both ? Heh....Barrage is OP so is Fullbreak.
Please dont tell me you have all 3 on one account ? Goddamn.

Nohar

When can I craft Cura? I really need a decent healer, and Krile has just Cure as a 3*. I could use Fina or Maria (4*) instead, but I would need to train them from scratch.

cw_sasuke

When can I craft Cura? I really need a decent healer, and Krile has just Cure as a 3*. I could use Fina or Maria (4*) instead, but I would need to train them from scratch.

I have been playing for a month and still cant craft Cura - okay i also didnt really bother but i think its best to just level your units that will learn it naturally.

Valentus

second island. Or you can get the cura staff for star quartz in the second island too.

Nohar

How often will we get rate-up banners in this game? Will those banners concern only new units, or do already existing units will get some boosts sometimes?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

After you finish most, if not all, of the second island.

Vex_

Banned

Colosseum INT RANK C-5. I just got it yesterday. That is probably far away, unless youve been playing since before launch like some of us.

So youll want to get Fina from the second island like others have said.

Falk

that puzzling face
Anyone know how to fix the issue with no music and sound when playing with an iPhone?

Had that from a few posts up; elaboration here-

It seems the app doesn't follow the usual way of switching between headphones and speaker - if you use headphones then disconnect it it just refuses to play any sound rather than swapping to speaker. (hence the iPhone volume control even defaults to ringer volume instead of app volume)

Closing and restarting the app doesn't fix this - shutting down and rebooting the iPhone does.

That may or may not be related to the issue you're having.

Wouldn't you want to eventually level Fina anyway sooner or later? Protagonist balance bonus, etc etc etc

whats the healer tier list? right now I have a 4* Maria that already knows cura should I stick with that or lvl up Fina? I think I also have that red mage girl too.

Dandte

Can i use two accounts at the same time on my phone?

Should be fine if i don't mix the facebook log ins, am i right?

I think I like rerolling more than playing currently...Got a pretty good account out of it that I'll probably switch to, though. Bartz, Cecil, Kain, Rydia and Zidane.

Might push my luck and see if I can get 3 "best" units.

Mmm I pulled an Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Krile x2, Kain, and Miyuki. I'm also getting blocked by phone checks when attempting to make more Facebook accounts to save the good ones so this may be my last roll.

Any input on which of the two accounts is better?

bonkeng

Got a Bartz,luna and two garland in this reroll. I see them on the lists. Good start or shoot for better? Rerolling super easy right now with he free tickets.

Edit: and any way to hold onto accounts. The cust code maybe?

Hello garath :)

Bartz is top tier, but if you're up to it, try to reroll for atleast 2 of the top tier units like Bartz, Cecil, Vaan, Exdeath, CoD and Firion.

I rerolled and got Cecil and Bartz, which was what I'm aiming for. My main account has Vaan and ExDeath, but pulled way too much with too many trash so I'll try to reroll as many as possible during this 10 tix period.

Yeah I rerolled like 10 times and got one with ex death, Bartz, vaan, Roselia, Leo and some trash.

That's a very good account. Pretty balanced with Physical+Magic. 3 top tier in one account, gratz man.

elty

How easy is it to upgrade 3* to 5*? I got an account that has CoD and Bartz and both are 3*. I supposed that is better an account with a single 4* Exdeath.

Valentus

Managed to pull 3* Vaan, 4* Shantotto, 4* Anzelm, 3* Garland, 3* Edgar, 3* Sabin, 3* Garluf. Not sure if they are any good?

Vaan is one of the higher tier units. He has fullbreak, you will need it to manage the 2nd form esper fights.

Garland is the best hard hitter in this point of the game.

Edgar is good for pvp (bioblaster and sunray are a must for boss fights, especially Europa)

Shantotto is a very good early game mage.

Galuf, Anzelm and Sabin are trash.

bonkeng

How easy is it to upgrade 3* to 5*? I got an account that has CoD and Bartz and both are 3*. I supposed that is better an account with a single 4* Exdeath.

Well Exdeath is kinda OP. But CoD + Bartz should trump him.

Don't worry about awakening. Vortex Awakening will always be available for farming mats.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I got Bartz, Krile, Kain, Penelo, Fran, Shantotto, Miyuki, and the cast of FF6 lol. Shadow, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan. Is it any good? Or should I reroll. They are all three stars.

Nohar

I got Bartz, Krile, Kain, Penelo, Fran, Shantotto, Miyuki, and the cast of FF6 lol. Shadow, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan. Is it any good? Or should I reroll. They are all three stars.

Bartz is top tier, Shantotto is very good early on, Edgar has very nice abilities (his Bio-Blaster in particular is excellent for poisoning enemies), and Cyan deals reasonable damages, on top of being able to boost his own Attack power and paralyze enemies. Really, your rolls are rather good.
Krile will also become powerful later on, though she will need to rank up first (as a 3* unit, she is very lackluster in abilities and stats).

CCIE

Banned
How is this for a re-roll? I got Celes, Bartz, Zidane, Vivi, Kuja, and Terra.

The funny part here is Vivi, Kuja, and Zidane on the same team ;)

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Bartz is top tier, Shantotto is very good early on, Edgar has very nice abilities (his Bio-Blaster in particular is excellent for poisoning enemies), and Cyan deals reasonable damages, on top of being able to boost his own Attack power and paralyze enemies. Really, your rolls are rather good.
Krile will also become powerful later on, though she will need to rank up first (as a 3* unit, she is very lackluster in abilities and stats).
Nice I guess I'll keep it. Thanks for the help.

Caim

anyone know how to unlock the recipe for Hero ring? What other good equipment or recipes I should look out for?

30 trophies are required for the Hero Ring. Earth Key #25 has the recipe for Steal which helps if you don't have someone like Vaan or Zidane.

CCIE

Banned
Oh, I'm keeping it. Some of my favorite characters and I love FFIX. Just Zidane and Vivi in the same team with Kuja is too funny. Bartz and Terra as well? Yeah, this is my team

Dragner

I finally rerolled into Firion, Cloud of Darkness and Terra. Good enough. Also, the enemies love to apply blind a lot, blinding multiples each turn lol. With no esuna Im burning 50 eye-drops in no time.

Caim

Ah I see, any other weapon's I need to look out for? or anything must have?

https://exviuswiki.com/Weapons

There is a section for armor and accessories too. I've just been grabbing every chest (excluding ones requiring the magic keys) as I go. I think the best weapon available right now is the Murasame which comes from the White Dragon which is probably the hardest fight right now along with 2* esper fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom