• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
redblack - it that is the first town, if I remember correctly you just need to walk around town asking people. You will find out one of the soldiers has it in the guard shack.

Pilgrimzero

The idea of this game would have been great for a main line FF. Summon the heroes of FF past? Amazing.

Too bad doing it like this blocks it behind an expensive paywall.

Credo

Has anyone gotten caught in a "Connection Error" loop? I was finishing the Latius Woods exploration map, and when it asks if I wanted to stop exploring, every time I said yes, it would flash the "Loading..." icon a couple times, say "Connection Error", and boot me back to the start screen. The only way I was about to get out of the woods map was to give up. Every other attempt to leave was met with an error.

ReaperXL7

The idea of this game would have been great for a main line FF. Summon the heroes of FF past? Amazing.

Too bad doing it like this blocks it behind an expensive paywall.

Unless you hate the art style that game is on its way
27434543681_1a2d27dae6_z.jpg

EDarkness

Started yesterday, good so far, wonder how long it will keep me interested though. Hope others are enjoying it :)

I think I played too much in one sitting. Gonna back off of it now and slowly work my way through the story. I figure I'll play it as a regular RPG and try to get some friends on my list so I can have a nice group of characters to use when I'm playing. I'm starting to wonder if it's too "complicated" for me to really keep going for a long period of time like I did with Dungeon Boss. I guess we'll see over the next couple of days.

garath

Hello garath :)

Bartz is top tier, but if you're up to it, try to reroll for atleast 2 of the top tier units like Bartz, Cecil, Vaan, Exdeath, CoD and Firion.

I rerolled and got Cecil and Bartz, which was what I'm aiming for. My main account has Vaan and ExDeath, but pulled way too much with too many trash so I'll try to reroll as many as possible during this 10 tix period.

That's a very good account. Pretty balanced with Physical+Magic. 3 top tier in one account, gratz man.

Hi boken :)
On my latest reroll I pulled kain then a 5* exdeath. Should I quit while I'm ahead? Lol

chrono01

Man, leveling 3* Exdeath is torture. Run Advanced EXP dungeon once, gain half a level, wait until stamina recovers to run it again (I'm only at 21 per bar, and it costs 15 to run the dungeon). Rinse/Repeat. :(

ReaperXL7

Man, leveling 3* Exdeath is torture. Run Advanced EXP dungeon once, gain half a level, wait until stamina recovers to run it again (I'm only at 21 per bar, and it costs 15 to run the dungeon). Rinse/Repeat. :(

In my opinion your probably better off doing intermediate twice until you build your energy up. It took me two and a half days to level him to max 3 doing int two times every time my energy refilled.

Now I have to farm the awakening dungeon for my whole team though which will probably take some time on its own.

Nohar

Actually, it is more rewarding to do exploration instead of the EXP dungeon, since you get EXP, (lot of) mats and exp rank at the same time. More info here.

Long story short: you should avoid doing the EXP dungeon, unless you don't have the time to go explore, then EXP dungeon is more interesting since it is way quicker to complete (assuming you can complete the Advanced one).

chrono01

In my opinion your probably better off doing intermediate twice until you build your energy up. It took me two and a half days to level him to max 3 doing int two times every time my energy refilled.

Now I have to farm the awakening dungeon for my whole team though which will probably take some time on its own.

Actually, it is more rewarding to do exploration instead of the EXP dungeon, since you get EXP, (lot of) mats and exp rank at the same time. More info here.

Long story short: you should avoid doing the EXP dungeon, unless you don't have the time to go explore, then EXP dungeon is more interesting since it is way quicker to complete (assuming you can complete the Advanced one).
Wow, thanks guys. I'll definitely try these out instead (probably exploration first, since I could use the extra materials). Time spent isn't a problem, I just want to level more efficiently. >_<

Guys, I think this time I have a very good reroll, but still no 6* potential, just wanted to know if it was worth rerolling on this one ?

5* Firion
4* Maria
4* Fran
2X 4* Bedile
3* Krile
3* Kain
3* Cyan
3* Anzelm
3* Cerius
3* Galuf
3* Xiao

hitmon

I have a 5 star Celes, 4 star Kain, 3 star Exdeth and Zidane. Should I reroll or is this a decent group to start with?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Is there a way to delete all savedata? Apparently if you quit the app in the middle of a cutscene, the game skips it when you reload the game. I tried deleting the app and all but no dice. Hell, it even skipped another cutscene :/

I have a 5 star Celes, 4 star Kain, 3 star Exdeth and Zidane. Should I reroll or is this a decent group to start with?

Yep, that's a great group to start with.

I've switched accounts so I've updated my info on the spreadsheet and sent friend requests from memory. Feel free to send me one if I forgot you.

Azuran

Banned
It's good to see my regular luck is still as bad as always. 4 summons and nothing but garbage :/

Oh well, that's enough of that until the next good batch of characters comes along. I'll just focus on optimizing my current guys as best as I can.

aett

Just got my best reroll so far, but it still only contains one of the "best" characters...

Vaan
Shantotto
Cyan
Kain
Rydia
Galuf
Shadow
Maria
Krile
Sabin
Xiao

Should I stick with this?

New to this gacha stuff and think I just basically threw away all of my tickets. Could someone explain the rerolling more clearly to me please?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
first off: can you turn 3* characters into 4,5++?

next: ok i'm tired of re rolling and want to play the game

i have:

Firion (5)
Edgar (4)
Kain (4)

is that a decent starter kit? do i spend the friendship rolls to flesh out my team w some white mages or something?

i have 3* sabin & cyan if that helps.

thanks!

Razmos

Was just talking to my friend who had just started and did no rerolling, he got Exdeath, Vaan, Shantotto, Krile, Vivi, Galuf and Kain.

I would have screamed if he said he got Bartz too lol

Wow, thanks guys. I'll definitely try these out instead (probably exploration first, since I could use the extra materials). Time spent isn't a problem, I just want to level more efficiently. >_<
Fulan Pass Exploration is what everyone used from the first Island. I imagine there is a better one on Isle 2 now, but I haven't beaten it yet to find out myself.

chrono01

Fulan Pass Exploration is what everyone used from the first Island. I imagine there is a better one on Isle 2 now, but I haven't beaten it yet to find out myself.
Thanks!

I'll work on grinding that one once I unlock it (shouldn't be long now, since I no longer have to water energy on the EXP vortex runs).

bonkeng

New to this gacha stuff and think I just basically threw away all of my tickets. Could someone explain the rerolling more clearly to me please?

I'll try as best as I can:

1. Create dummy FB account

2. Play FF BE until you can access "HOME" button (upper right)

3. Click the Envelope icon beside the Menu

4.Click Claim all

5. Click Summon (you can summon 13x with tix + Lapis)

6. If you're not satisfied with your rolls, Click Home, then Options, FB Log in then log out. Make sure your FB is logged in to the dummy account.

7. Repeat step 2 to 6

Good luck

chrono01

I'll try as best as I can:

1. Create dummy FB account

2. Play FF BE until you can access "HOME" button (upper right)

3. Click the Envelope icon beside the Menu

4.Click Claim all

5. Click Summon (you can summon 13x with tix + Lapis)

6. If you're not satisfied with your rolls, Click Home, then Options, then FB Log in. Make sure your FB is logged in to the dummy account.

7. Repeat step 1 to 6

Good luck
To add to this:

You only need to make one "dummy" Facebook account. You keep logging in/out of that same account to re-roll. When you log in, it overwrites your current progress. Then, when you log back into FFBE, you log out of that same Facebook account. That starts a new file/account. Keep repeating this process over and over until you get something you like and then link it to your main Facebook account.

One thing I should mention. When you finally roll some nice units and want to keep it, your browser will probably try to automatically sign you in to your dummy Facebook account. Just log into your phone browser and sign out of Facebook completely. Then, when you try to link your account in-game, you'll be able to enter your main Facebook account information instead.

Ourobolus

Banned
So after I catch up with the story for the two islands, what should I really focus on?

- Trust Rewards
- Magic Key creation
- Esper levelling
- General character levelling

DeviantBoi

Finally got Vaan after many re-rolls. I actually deleted the app because I was getting frustrated.

Here's what I got:

Vaan (3*)
Clone (4*)
Bedile (4*)(3*)
Galuf (4*)(3*)
Cyan (3*)
Clyne (3*)
Anzelm (3*)(3*)
Tronn (1*)

Keep? Or reroll and hope for Vaan and some other good character?

elty

I am looking at the wiki and it said Krile will learn cure at lv12. Does it means she will magically get a copy of the ability or I still need to craft it?

bonkeng

Finally got Vaan after many re-rolls. I actually deleted the app because I was getting frustrated.

Here's what I got:

Vaan (3*)
Clone (4*)
Bedile (4*)(3*)
Galuf (4*)(3*)
Cyan (3*)
Clyne (3*)
Anzelm (3*)(3*)
Tronn (1*)

Keep? Or reroll and hope for Vaan and some other good character?

You can go with Vaan, he's quite strong for the current content. But in Jap, he still lacks 6* evolution. While Cecil, Exdeath, CoD, Bartz and Firion are ranked top tier, Vaan is stuck at mid tier due to him being a 5*.

If you're aiming for Vaan, try getting him together with those 5.

Vex_

Banned
How far can you go in this game without paying anything? Is there a wall you hit no matter what you do?

I havent spent a dime. And I never will. In this game, a good strategy and a balanced party will take you far. Money can only really make leveling espers (which you can so on your own) and units quicker. You get lapis all the time to summon units without real money.

The fact that this game isnt p2w is why Im still sticking around...(for now... still suspicious of gumi later)

I only spent half of my Gold Tickets after I got Vaan. I'm almost finished with the Grandshelt Isles portion, and I want to get a few good support characters, but don't want to risk it. Are the odds better/worse without rerolling? I desperately want a decent RDM or Bartz, I'm not greedy.

Azuran

Banned
I got Fina so it's finally nice to have a support character at last. Blitzkrieging everything in your path can only take you so far.

Folstern

Got Cecil, CoD, Firion, Vivi, Leo, Rydia, Kain and Galuf after many re-rolls so I'm good to go! Love the sprite work and I am looking forward to some specific characters. I liked Brave Frontier a lot so I'm hoping this will be more of the same except without the type BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom