• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperXL7

Does anyone know where a good place to farm far plane dew would be? I've done the awaking dungeon at least a dozen times now with zero luck and that's all I still need to awaken exdeath

DeviantBoi

This is the best roll I've had. I'm pretty tired of re-rolling, so might be going with this:

Bartz (5*)
Kain (4*)(3*)
Roselia (4*)
Krile (3*)
Edgar (3*)
Fran (3*)
Rydia (3*)(3*)
Clyne (3*)(3*)(3*)
Anzelm (3*)
Rizer (1*)

Thoughts?

And what do I do with the multiple repeats? I got those 3 Clynes one after the other.

LakeEarth

Got Edgar's, Kain, Rydia and Krile on my first try so I don't plan to reroll. Now to figure out how the heck I use all of these items I keep obtaining.

garath

I have a 5* exdeath in this reroll and just got CoD too. I still have 7 tickets left but I may stop lol. Definitely keeping this one regardless. Two top tier units sounds good.

Flambe

I have a 5* exdeath in this reroll and just got CoD too. I still have 7 tickets left but I may stop lol. Definitely keeping this one regardless. Two top tier units sounds good.

Yeah just one of those characters is great and will steamroll content pretty well for now. Might as well save for better characters/rate ups.

Lyrian

How far can you go in this game without paying anything? Is there a wall you hit no matter what you do?

Haven't hit a true wall yet that isn't overcomeable through levels or proper party composition.

Currently, I'm almost halfway through the second island and haven't pulled the rare summon machine at all. Sitting on 3500 lapis at the moment, after spending 500 on material space (it will clog up at the 2nd island with higher tier awakening drops).

Some things that have worked for me:

-- Common units will fill in holes in the party, if needed. Leah works great as a "my first healer". Fina objectively obsoletes her. But until then, her AoE heal limit break will get you through a lot of tight situations.

-- Magitek Terra does some serious work as a jack of all trades as a "my first mage". She can cast standard fire/lightning/ice spells relatively early, so players can exploit elemental weaknesses early and create element chains with Lasswell for ice and Rain for fire.

-- Don't awaken a unit if it is close to gaining a limit break level. Full limit break levels carry over in an awakening, partial levels are punished (Ex: if you are at 99/100 xp on a limit break, awaken the unit and now the more powerful limit break requires 400 xp to rank up, then the character will be at 99/400 xp - requiring 300 additional uses).

-- Even 1 or 2 limit break levels can be highly useful (see Leah's AoE).

-- Use your friend helper for that extra firepower oomph, especially early. There were several bosses that I needed a good AoE mage (like Rydia or Terra) to carry me through until Rain and Lasswell had some levels under their belt.

-- A high level un-awoken character is much more powerful than a low level awoken character. There is a significant reduction in power at first when awakening. Be prepared to spend some energy in the experience dungeon to at least gain 10 levels or so before taking a newly awoken character out into the wild to avoid them being one-shotted.

Lyrian

Any of the standard summoning units are worth summoning? I have 38 summons to do. Should I save?

As far as actual playable units, they are a plug if you have a gaping hole in your party lineup (i.e. no black or white mage).

Otherwise, I think they are only used for earning some trust master rewards.

There is an event later in the week that can roll xp and gil rewards from spending friend points, if you are looking at another use for them.

Any of the standard summoning units are worth summoning? I have 38 summons to do. Should I save?

Sometimes friend summons can be nice if you want a specific ability for some boss fights, like Rizer for example for a paralyze move if you don't have anyone else that can do that. Some have some good trust mastery rewards that are worth getting.

Next week there's an event going on where you'll be able to pull cactuars for EXP and gil turtles for gil, so you might want to hold off on summoning them until then. Friend Points aren't hard to come by so don't worry about spending them. I'm sitting on like 80,000 of them right now.

bonkeng

That's definitely a keeper. Keep the 7 tix until a rate up.

I had to use 10 tix to get both Cecil and Bartz.

I'm still rerolling for fun. This is the easiest rerolling system I've experienced lol.

This is the best roll I've had. I'm pretty tired of re-rolling, so might be going with this:

Bartz (5*)
Kain (4*)(3*)
Roselia (4*)
Krile (3*)
Edgar (3*)
Fran (3*)
Rydia (3*)(3*)
Clyne (3*)(3*)(3*)
Anzelm (3*)
Rizer (1*)

Thoughts?

And what do I do with the multiple repeats? I got those 3 Clynes one after the other.
You fuse them for EXP/Trust Bonuses; Units of the same job get a boost in trust, whereas you get extra EXP when they're fused. You can either level the different instances individually then fuse, or fuse from the get-go.

Or you can sell them, but I feel like thats a waste

It would be great if they add the ability to trade units in the future (At least, of the same Rank). However, from my experience, that'll never happen; missed opportunity in my book.

I'll try as best as I can:

1. Create dummy FB account

2. Play FF BE until you can access "HOME" button (upper right)

3. Click the Envelope icon beside the Menu

4.Click Claim all

5. Click Summon (you can summon 13x with tix + Lapis)

6. If you're not satisfied with your rolls, Click Home, then Options, FB Log in then log out. Make sure your FB is logged in to the dummy account.

7. Repeat step 1 to 6

Good luck

Ah I missed one little step haha. Thanks!

scarlet

Already got Siren, Ifrit, Golem and going for Shiva

Loving this game than my last FF game (13)

But waiting for that energy to recharge making me miserable, kinda regret I didn't buy the early bird bundle.

Elfstruck

So, I ran into this issue with the game and can't seem to figure it out. I gave my ipad to my niece last night so he could play the game, however he linked the game with his mom's FB account. Now, whenever I try to log in the game with my own facebook, it prompts the other FB account log in and not mine. Any idea how I can fix this? I already unlink the game from his FB, but still no luck.

chrono01

So, I ran into this issue with the game and can't seem to figure it out. I gave my ipad to my niece last night so he could play the game, however he linked the game with his mom's FB account. Now, whenever I try to log in the game with my own facebook, it prompts the other FB account log in and not mine. Any idea how I can fix this? I already unlink the game from his FB, but still no luck.
Try signing out of all Facebook accounts in your phone browser and trying again. It "saves" the last login you used, so you need to sign out of both the game and the phone browser to switch between accounts.

xehanort

Hi guys, I have an account before the launch and tried rerolling so I have these two accounts. Which should I use?

Main: Cecil, Terra, Garland, Rydia, Kain, Cyan, Krile, Shantoto

2nd Account: Bartz, CoD, Krile, Cyan, Shantoto

chrono01

Hi guys, I have an account before the launch and tried rerolling so I have these two accounts. Which should I use?

Main: Cecil, Terra, Garland, Rydia, Kain, Cyan, Krile, Shantoto

2nd Account: Bartz, CoD, Krile, Cyan, Shantoto
Second account is better, IMO.

Cecil is great, but apparently he only truly shines when he hits 6* (which is a decent ways off for us). Terra is fine, but isn't among the "Top 5" currently available.

Second account has both CoD and Bartz, two "Top-Tier" characters.

Got a 5* so worried about pressing my luck any further, but thought I'd ask if it's worth rerolling more in case the rest is still too trash.

Bartz 5*
Rydia 3*
Sabin 3* x2
Galuf 3*
Leo 3*
Cyan 3*
Clyne 4*
Anzelm 3*
Celes 3*

When you attempt to escape from a battle, it says you lose the gains from your fights, but the one thing that stood out to me was units.

Is there any way (yet) to get units from battles? That seems like a weird thing to put in there if it isn't possible.

Caim

When you attempt to escape from a battle, it says you lose the gains from your fights, but the one thing that stood out to me was units.

Is there any way (yet) to get units from battles? That seems like a weird thing to put in there if it isn't possible.

I think there was/is a dungeon in the JP version with Metal Cactuars that could drop when defeated.

Patience paid off. Got 5 star ex death, 4 star terra. Wanted a vaan to, but all day of re rolling, i know i cant be greedy. Finally time to play.

Now i go to menu and log into my main facebook to link correct?

Elfstruck

Urgh having a tough time to decide. 3* Cecil, bartz, vivi, russell, edgar vs. 5* Cecil, CoD, Medius, vivi, kain vs. Vaan, Medius, Shantotto, terra, edgar. :p

Rixa

Thanks!

I'll work on grinding that one once I unlock it (shouldn't be long now, since I no longer have to water energy on the EXP vortex runs).
Phantom Forest Exploration 2nd Island. Do story so much you reach that place. Steal there from every enemy. You get tons of materials (Heavens ash, Earth cores, Gods reliquary...). Sacred Crystal is very rare boss drop. Good exp (max 20k units), 8 nrg / 172 rank xp, 3 nodes that give Green Megacites, use those to your espers, dont mind colour, just use them. Bring highbie friend. CoD LB skill nukes boss ohko. Just go there, Its not long in 2nd Isle.

If you need Sacred Crystals, do int awaken dungeon, about 0.8 per run. You get almost everything else From Phantom Forest Exploration.

Cob32

Shall I swap in Fina for Krille? Krille mostl my does whitemage duties and attacks when there's a chance.

xehanort

Second account is better, IMO.

Cecil is great, but apparently he only truly shines when he hits 6* (which is a decent ways off for us). Terra is fine, but isn't among the "Top 5" currently available.

Second account has both CoD and Bartz, two "Top-Tier" characters.

Thanks! I decided to use both for awhile to see what comes up on my next pulls but second account is definitely my main now.

Dragner

Shall I swap in Fina for Krille? Krille mostl my does whitemage duties and attacks when there's a chance.

Krile is stuck at 4* while Fina can go up to 5*. Also she will learn Cheer that is one of the best abilities in the game (party wide atk + def buff) and entrust (pass limit gauge to other char).

Rixa

Krile is stuck at 4* while Fina can go up to 5*. Also she will learn Cheer that is one of the best abilities in the game (party wide atk + def buff) and entrust (pass limit gauge to other char).

4* At level 60 Krile learns Dualcast. This means she can cast Cura twice in one turn time. Lifesaver for me in harder Colosseum fights (S5 BGN & S5 INT). Iam the heretic one and not using Fina, atm there is no need (in my team) and I rather grind TM % than take character that doesnt have TM.

S5 Fight partys
Screenshot_20160608-203936.png
Screenshot_20160626-171330.png

So i picked up this game yesterday for my iPhone.
seeing its a free to play game, how bad is the In app purchase shit?

I dont want to spend hours in this game only to find out later on that to progress you really need to buy a lot of stuff from the store.

So far I am digging it, but only played 25 minutes so. finished the tutorial stuff and exited the earth shrine.

Any helpful tips and tricks to think about ?

dennism

got a terra and exdeath in 5 pulls and decided to stop, i lurk around a little during the soft launch and i heard the best way to spend your lapis is to max out friend slots? why is that?

Rixa

got a terra and exdeath in 5 pulls and decided to stop, i lurk around a little during the soft launch and i heard the best way to spend your lapis is to max out friend slots? why is that?

Quoting you my earlier post from yesterday. Bolded some key points.

Yes you do get FP when you use other players units and they use your leader.

Next week we have FP event, where you get 50 FP everytime someone uses your leader or you use theirs.

This means there is 2 ways to do this (after dailies are done)

1. Spam Earth Shrine 1 nrg quest for FP & TM

or

2. Spam Grandshelt Catacombs - Exit, 3 nrg quest for FP & TM & rank exp

^^ Iam going to option 2.

This 2 weeks event is one reason why you want to max friendslots (130 is max, you can add 100 slots). 100 Lapis is 5 friendslots.

Another reason is, the more you have active friends, the faster you get those Gold trophies 3x500 Lapis.

Third reason is that you get steady & nice amounts FP daily, even outside of special FP events.

Fourth reason is, you have huge pool of friends to choose helper to tough quests. No need to refresh flist by logging out or doing 1nrg quest.

(On mobile, sorry about typos).

Edit: Then you use these Friend Points to summon FP units and you fuse same units ie. fuse Rizer to Rizer, rarity doesnt matter. When Rizer has TM 100% you get its ability +10% hp (from Base stats". There are good TM units and a lot of bad which you can sell, no need to fuse bad TM units. Reddit has a list about these. After you have got TM from unit, you can sell that FP unit, or use it to get guaranteed extra TM chest after every quest (doesnt work in Colo nor Vortex). I personally sell those FP umits.

I saw this before, cant quite remeber. Something about make sure not to rank up a character before a limit is gained or something?

Basically asking, when should i rank up a character at max level or just when i have all abilities?

Rixa

I saw this before, cant quite remeber. Something about make sure not to rank up a character before a limit is gained or something?

Basically asking, when should i rank up a character at max level or just when i have all abilities?

Nah. LB level isnt important. Better to awaken unit than try to raise LB level. Later on (already in JP) we will get stuff that boosts LB levels. One LB use is one LB exp, no point in grinding that.

So dont let LB to hinder your gameplay, its not that important and not all LBs are useful anyways.
Awaken units when you can.

You can only rank up at max level, it won't let you otherwise. The limit break thing is that lower rank characters need to activate their limit break less times to level it up, but we're talking hundreds of times even at lower ranks, and apparently the difference is not that big, so I personally (and, I believe, pretty much everyone else here) haven't bothered grinding limit break before ranking them up.

tl;dr don't worry and rank them up as they hit max level, which is when you can do it.

Rixa

oh thanks, so i should spent all my lapis on friend slots now.. anyone wanna be friends? planning to be active in this game

ID: 998,918,875
You dont need to go haywire asap. But yeah spend some and gradually increase it to max.
Be warned that to get those FP trophies (especially Lapis tier) will take a lot of time. I havent got them either and my FList has been maxed 1½ months.

Berksy

Wow, didn't know Garland can be 5 starred and sitting on him like a month now -_-

edit: and now i have cecil and terra too which can be 5 starred and i only realize now -___-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom