• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

fester

Banned
Folks might not be checking the Google docs spreadsheet, so I'll post my player ID here for friend invites. I have a nearly max level Vaan as leader which should be helpful.

Having GAF in your text description bumps up priority. :)

Man, I was rolling with an all 3-star party for so long and now everyone's reached their max level at the same time. I guess I should grind awakening materials, and then grind everyone's level back up again? I'm at 0 energy now, not really sure what the most efficient way to re-level everyone would be.

Folks might not be checking the Google docs spreadsheet, so I'll post my player ID here for friend invites. I have a nearly max level Vaan as leader which should be helpful.

Just sent a request. Holy cow, that's quite a character.

Razmos

Sent you an invite too!

Nohar

I'll leave my level 40 Edgar on stand-by for those interested (160 ATK). ID 125.175.428.
There are more powerful characters out there, but I can't do better right now. Still, the auto-crossbow should hurt a little.

I should probably try to cheese the White Dragon at one point or another... Sadly, I still need someone who can paralyze. It will have to wait until Lasswell learns the skill.

Dandte

I was thanking Dandte for the help with my team. I'm not nomidor, sorry :)

Always a pleasure to help

tumblr_inline_mkwurjiMCj1qz4rgp.gif

Gosh, leveling up two Units to 80 at the same time will keep me busy...help me mighty Kaktorius

Cyldman

Banned
Exdeath, CoD, Edgar, Xiao, Rydia, Cyan, Shadow, Kain, Medius, Galuf, Clyne, Fina, Lasswell, Rain.

What team would you use?

Dandte

Exdeath, CoD, Edgar, Xiao, Rydia, Cyan, Shadow, Kain, Medius, Galuf, Clyne, Fina, Lasswell, Rain.

What team would you use?

Exdeath, Staplr
CoD, Staple
Edgar, Can do some nice Combos with sleep dagger etc.
Xiao, GooD
Rydia, Semi good now, but will be better later...and it's rydia
Cyan, can paralyze
Shadow, trash...dog is cool
Kain, my mvp and future 5*
Medius, usable
Galuf, has ga spells and later 5*
Clyne, trash...no cool dog

Fina, Lasswell, Rain. Your mainchars.

You can go with

Ex, Cod, Kain, Medius/Xiao for DD and Fina for healing.

Swap in Galuf and Rydia for magic oriented partys.

Xion86

Sent an invite :)

Cyldman

Banned
Exdeath, Staplr
CoD, Staple
Edgar, Can do some nice Combos with sleep dagger etc.
Xiao, GooD
Rydia, Semi good now, but will be better later...and it's rydia
Cyan, can paralyze
Shadow, trash...dog is cool
Kain, my mvp and future 5*
Medius, usable
Galuf, has ga spells and later 5*
Clyne, trash...no cool dog

Fina, Lasswell, Rain. Your mainchars.

You can go with

Ex, Cod, Kain, Medius/Xiao for DD and Fina for healing.

Swap in Galuf and Rydia for magic oriented partys.

Great, so, Right now my team is Ex, CoD, Fina, Rydia and Edgar.
Someone adviced me to use Lasswell over Edgar.
I was thinking about using Kain over Edgar.

Lasswell or Kain is the ultimate question right now :eek:

Just started playing recently, please add me if you have room!

5* Bartz

040 915 485

I'll leave my level 40 Edgar on stand-by for those interested (160 ATK). ID 125.175.428.
There are more powerful characters out there, but I can't do better right now. Still, the auto-crossbow should hurt a little.

I should probably try to cheese the White Dragon at one point or another... Sadly, I still need someone who can paralyze. It will have to wait until Lasswell learns the skill.
Sent friend requests to you guys.

If anyone wants to add me, my code is 950 590 448. Max 5* Cecil. In game name is Rudeboy.

Edit: How long is everyone keeping inactive people on their friends list? I've been removing people who have 3+ days since last played from my list. I don't think that's too soon, but I'd like to know what others have been doing. I do give GAF members more days before I remove them than that and I'm definitely more lenient on holiday weekends like this one. The only GAFer I have deleted was at 15 days last played, so I won't be deleting anyone here unless it seems like they've stopped playing all together.

I am still trying to understand how to reroll. so here are a few questions

from my understanding of it, correct me if I am wrong, I have to do the following.

1.start a new game as a guest.
2. play the tutorial till you get the first Unit from the first crystal lady.
3. if its not good enough, log into your facebook, log out.
repeat steps.

is that it?

and if I get a good unit then what? how do I reroll other units that I have in the inventory after playing for a while?

like me now, I am a few hours into the game, do I have to restart my game from the beginning to be able to reroll ?

Xion86

Ah screw re-rolling, I'm just going to carry on with what I was given and enjoy the game, and work my way up from there.

fester

Banned
Edit: How long is everyone keeping inactive people on their friends list? I've been removing people who have 3+ days since last played from my list. I don't think that's too soon, but I'd like to know what others have been doing. I do give GAF members more days before I remove them than that and I'm definitely more lenient on holiday weekends like this one. The only GAFer I have deleted was at 15 days last played, so I won't be deleting anyone here unless it seems like they've stopped playing all together.

I've been keeping people up to 5 days as a general rule, just in case there is vacation or travel involved. If I know you're a GAF member I'll likely hold out a little longer.

Friend points, I have 2000 now, shall I just keep them or are they used for anything ?

I'd hold on to them until next week when there is a Friend Point Campaign planned. You'll be able to perform FP summons with a chance to get metal cactuars.

CCIE

Banned
I'm currently playing two different games - one on my iPad, and the other on my phone. On one team I have 5*Bartz, 4*Kuja, 4*Terra, 4*Zidane,4*Shantotto.. Vivi sitting in the wings until he maxes out. This team is essentially tearing through the game at this point. I've also played with the 5* versions of Terra and Zidane from friends list, and they are simply badass

On the second, they are struggling a little bit at this time, but eventually I think it will be a more powerful team. Also have an extra 7 ticket summons on team two, because I just drew the first three and was happy with the draw (Come on rate-ups!). Also, more like the game should probably be played. I have a 5*Vaan, 5*Cerius, 4*Shantotto, and am using both Rain and Lasswell - currently 3*. I think when they hit 4* plus Rain and Lasswell will get considerably better. The interesting character here is Cerius. She is just a buff/debuff machine, especially in 5* form. Put her with Vaan (focus) , and a good mage, and holy crap! I literally waxed Iritit because of Barfira and Deshell at a measly level 25 I think... She also can equip an axe as a mage, which is just too cool.

Also, I literally have nothing but 5* friends on the Vaan account (50 of them!), and another 50 plus that I cannot approve because I don't have the slots. Which is good, because I've had to rely on them as Cerius, Lasswell, and Rain have gotten up to speed. It's a different type of play style than team one who you can simply set powerful attacks up, and repeat over and over again.

I think the coolest five stars I've played with so far are Miyuki, Zidane, Terra. Not the most powerful, but the most fun to mess around with. ExDeath is almost like a cheat code until you get to exploration where he has to conserve some of his magic. This game is pretty awesome, though I'm ready for the Esper dungeon to end so I can get back to playing.

I am still trying to understand how to reroll. so here are a few questions

from my understanding of it, correct me if I am wrong, I have to do the following.

1.start a new game as a guest.
2. play the tutorial till you get the first Unit from the first crystal lady.
3. if its not good enough, log into your facebook, log out.
repeat steps.

is that it?

and if I get a good unit then what? how do I reroll other units that I have in the inventory after playing for a while?

like me now, I am a few hours into the game, do I have to restart my game from the beginning to be able to reroll ?

You will never get a good unit from that first crystal. You need to use your tickets or lapis. I basically created 3 instances of android phone on my PC and kept rerolling with 10 tickets until I got a good team.

1. Start a game as guest
2. Play the game until you can go to the Home screen.
3. Redeem your 10 tickets + lapis and use them.
4. If the units are shit then log into a dummy fb account and then log out
5. Rinse and repeat.

Yes, you have to restart to be able to reroll.

Vex_

Banned
Is level cap 100 at 6 stars????? Any jp players know?

Cuz that is gonna be ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11one!1exclamatiom

cLOUDo

what are the most valuable materials?
i'm full of materials and i dont know in what using it, so i wanna sell the some

Bleeether

Ok maybe im going slow, or it takes a while to level up units? It feels painfull. Any good spots?

Great xp is in the vortex

Chamber of Experience - ADV

~30,000 exp for 15 energy. 2,000 exp/energy.

If thats too difficult, the beginner and intermediate stages give good xp too

Vex_

Banned
what are the most valuable materials?
i'm full of materials and i dont know in what using it, so i wanna sell the some

off the top of my head:

keep
--------------
copper*, lumber*, farplane dew, heaven's ash, dragon heart, god's reliquary, scared crystals, litrock, spiritsand, SCREAMROOT...

If there is one thing you need to remember, it is that you need heaven's ash. I nearly lost my mind grinding this shit. god's reliquary is pretty rare too, but none of my units at the time needed it.

*These are easy to come by early on, but you still need A LOT of them to craft stuff that then need to be crafted into other things. Example: Superior blade. Needs 6 fine broadswords and 30 copper/40 lumber. But EACH fine broadsword needs 15 copper/20 lumber. Do the math.

elty

Are the three main character worth using, or should I dump them as soon as I have someone better? I just awaken them to 3*.

Also, when do you get Fina?

Xion86

I want to keep Lasswell and Rain in my party as they are the leads in the story right now and keep having conversations :( I'm weird like that haha. Feels odd when they keep talking and they are not in my current party.

I'm 518,334,204 (Xion).

Feel free to add me.

Elfstruck

Your friend list is full :p

Lyrian

Do Hill Gigases even exist? Their spawn rate has to be in the low single digits per run of Grandshell Castle.

Vex_

Banned
Are the three main character worth using, or should I dump them as soon as I have someone better? I just awaken them to 3*.

Also, when do you get Fina?

As always, if you want to maximize output, you should want to replace them asap to begin leveling better units. They arent bad to keep around though if you like them. They are balanced with the game's current content I feel. Rain has power break, fina gets cheer, Lasswell is the strongest.

Keep in mind that they are future-proofed units as they all get a 6 star version in the future. So they never lag behind the game's current content too long. (Rain is the only one I know of with a confirmed 6*, but I imagine the others will follow soon)

You get Fina when you get to the second island (lanzelt island).

Valentus

I curently have Exdeath, Cecil, Vivi, Kuja, Cyan, Edgar, Galuf and three main chars. Which team should i use?

If Exdeath is 5 star use it, if not, level it.

Cyan, Edgar and Cecil are good to start.
Lasswell and Fina should be the other two until you have exdeath 5 star.

cLOUDo

off the top of my head:

keep
--------------
copper*, lumber*, farplane dew, heaven's ash, dragon heart, god's reliquary, scared crystals, litrock, spiritsand, SCREAMROOT...

If there is one thing you need to remember, it is that you need heaven's ash. I nearly lost my mind grinding this shit. god's reliquary is pretty rare too, but none of my units at the time needed it.

*These are easy to come by early on, but you still need A LOT of them to craft stuff that then need to be crafted into other things. Example: Superior blade. Needs 6 fine broadswords and 30 copper/40 lumber. But EACH fine broadsword needs 15 copper/20 lumber. Do the math.

Thanks

my party right now is

Leo/Edgar/Shadow/Kuja/Rain

Final Fantasy VI for the win

My ID is 290,494,763

Haint

How you delete save data on andoid without facebook? Clearing cache and data doesn't work. Uninstall whole app?

Sick of hoarding lapis and finally caved. Had 10,975 lapis and 11 tickets. So still have 9,575 and 11 tickets, so basically 30 pulls.

Spent 1,500 before giving up. Got 3* Sabin, 3* Shantotto and 5* Xiao. Stopped once I pulled the Xiao and then dumped all my hoarded up Jumbo Cactuars into her.

Decided to replace Anzelm with Xiao. She seems to be a heavy hitter. Level 70 and already 200+ attack with no weapon equipped. I'm guessing she is a fairly good unit, especially if I can eventually get her 2x Hero Ring and a Black Belt Gi to go with her Tiger Mask.

Team is Rain, Laswell, Fina, Vaan and Xiao.

So...I was rerolling for fun and I got another pretty nice account. Which should I continue playing?

My original account has:
1. 5* CoD
2. Progress up to the first dungeon (not too much I suppose)

My new account has:
1. 4* Exdeath
2. 3* Exdeath
3. 3* Cecil

Both account have other units of course, but nothing on the level as the top tier characters or even someone like Garland or Firion. If the second account is better, I'll probably give my original account a chance to redeem itself by rolling all of the gems (I have about 2000) before abandoning it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
My player's ID is 126,658,084. Please add me! :)

I've sent requests to some of the players who posted their IDs here.

So...I was rerolling for fun and I got another pretty nice account. Which should I continue playing?

My original account has:
1. 5* CoD
2. Progress up to the first dungeon (not too much I suppose)

My new account has:
1. 4* Exdeath
2. 3* Exdeath
3. 3* Cecil

Both account have other units of course, but nothing on the level as the top tier characters or even someone like Garland or Firion. If the second account is better, I'll probably give my original account a chance to redeem itself by rolling all of the gems (I have about 2000) before abandoning it.

Three of the top tier units versus one. I think account 2 is a no brainer.

Three of the top tier units versus one. I think account 2 is a no brainer.
Yeah, I just wasn't sure if the extra star and gems (I only used tickets) on account 1 gave it an edge. Also, I know you get trust or something by fusing two identical units, so is that what I should do with my Exdeaths or should I just have two in my party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom