• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Thanks rixa ur always so helpful. One last question. Multi summon. What does that do? Do I get all summons at once so I don't have to roll each one for 200?

You get 10 rolls for clicking one crystal (if you do 2k multi summon).
Multi summon does it faster than one by one summon. Otherwise its the same so use it to get faster results :p.

Xion86

Added quite a few of you.

Linked my main Facebook now anyway so can't re roll. Anyway my team is as follows:

3* Kain, 3* Rydia, 4* Maria, 2* Lasswell and 2* Rain (I kept Rain and Lasswell because they are part of the main story right now :p)

All those units can go to 6* apparently.

Added quite a few of you.

Linked my main Facebook now anyway so can't re roll. Anyway my team is as follows:

3* Kain, 3* Rydia, 4* Maria, 2* Lasswell and 2* Rain (I kept Rain and Lasswell because they are part of the main story right now :p)

All those units can go to 6* apparently.

Only Lasswell and Rain will be able to go to 6* from your list. ( In the future)

Rixa

Tons of stuff drop after each battle.. How would we know what they are for?

General rule with items is keep one stack, sell rest of same kind. One stack is 99 items.
Good rule is, use 400-600 Lapis to raise your material limit from 50 to 70-80.

Dragner

I would assume most leading chars will be 6* at some point. I cant imagine Terra or Zidane dont being 6* sooner ot later.

scarlet

Is the experience shared between party unit?

Just awakened my exdeath to 4* and I need the exp, planning to go solo or duo in adv exp vortex

Rixa

Is the experience shared between party unit?

Just awakened my exdeath to 4* and I need the exp, planning to go solo or duo in adv exp vortex

Yes shared. Max leveled units still steal exp so if youre doing exp runs, dont keep max level units in party.

Visceir

I would assume most leading chars will be 6* at some point. I cant imagine Terra or Zidane dont being 6* sooner ot later.

Yup.

Nothing ever is "future proof" in a gacha game where power creep is real.

There will also most likely be rate-ups for all current units.

Yes shared. Max leveled units still steal exp so if youre doing exp runs, dont keep max level units in party.

hmm
so is it wise to have more than one party set up?

why would I want to level other Units that I dont use? to gain XP and lvl them up to sell them later on for more money?

I have a 3 star Sabine. is it worth infusing cactaurs on him?

Slaythe

I have a question.

Can you turn a 3 stars into a 5 stars, and will he be "as good" as a true 5 stars, potentially ?

Many games decide to just fuck you over if you don't draw the rarest version right away.

This game seems to do things smartly, but I'd rather ask ! Can you get all the powers etc... by slowly grinding with one character ?

scarlet

I see, but my question wasn't clear enough. Let me reformulate.

If I have a 3 stars Edgard. And I awaken him into a 4 then 5 stars.

Will my 5 stars Edgard be as good as a "dropped" 5 stars Edgard ? Same stats / limit breaks, abilities and stuff ?

Better limit break and abilities to gain, but you'll be down to level 1. So find the right time when you wanna awaken it.

Slaythe

Better limit break and abilities to gain, but you'll be down to level 1. So find the right time when you wanna awaken it.

Does that mean I lose my abilities and limit break of my 3stars character ?

Or do they stack ?

Let's say I get a lv 10 limit break, if i awaken it's back to 1 ? No benefit for leveling it up until maxed stars then ?

Same for abilities ?

Sorry for all the questions, the game has so much stuff, I found quick answers in the help section but some remains :p .

Valentus

What makes Bartz so high tier? I have him and he doesn't reallt have anything that stands out to me so I came to ask

- Barrage, one of the best physical skills of the game
- 159 atk barehanded (6star)
- dualhanded TM
- can equip all kind of weapons (a bartz with dual blade and gungnir and murasame...)
- imperil magic (so exdeath can just focus in kick the enemy's ass)
- gale slash (i dont know how they will translate it) in 6star

Bartz is a top tier heavy hitter, only outpaced with firion 6star now in japan.

- Barrage, one of the best physical skills of the game
- 159 atk barehanded (6star)
- dualhanded TM
- can equip all kind of weapons (a bartz with dual blade and gungnir and murasame...)
- imperil magic (so exdeath can just focus in kick the enemy's ass)
- gale slash (i dont know how they will translate it) in 6star

Bartz is a top tier heavy hitter, only outpaced with firion 6star now in japan.
Damn. Keep seeing this barrage move sounds awesome. I'm only lvl 30 4 star so I have no idea when thats coming but sounds like I actually got a decent character then

Valentus

Damn. Keep seeing this barrage move sounds awesome. I'm only lvl 30 4 star so I have no idea when thats coming but sounds like I actually got a decent character then

You get Barrage in lvl 78 5star. Lvl your bartz, equip it murasame and ifrit, and plus with fina's cheer (and if you have a vaan apply full brake before), the colloseum will be a ride in the park for you.

elty

I kind of regret going with 3* bartz and cod because exp is awfully slow.

What do you need to take on exp adv? I tried once but couldn't get pass wave 2.

Dandte

I kind of regret going with 3* bartz and cod because exp is awfully slow.

What do you need to take on exp adv? I tried once but couldn't get pass wave 2.

Highlevel friends. Exdeath terra edgar garland nearly everyone can adv solo.

Realised I had Bartz from the initial roll and threw him in my team, though I don't really understand what about him is so good (though I assume it'll become apparent later?). I've only been picking units I like from previous games so far :)

Also, should I keep Rain? Current team is Bartz/Anzelm/Fran/Rydia/Kain, all 3*. Anzelm is the only one I'm particularly partial to because of healing. I have a 4* Shadow and a few other 3* (Sabin, Bedile, Galuf, Maria...) but don't really know what to be looking for!

Dragner

Yeah bartz is awesome. I would say CoD is slighty better because human slayer and awesome stats and defenses but Bartz has awesome equip options and skill so its top tier too.

Kiyo

What's the best way to deal with blind? Just buy a ton of cure blind potions? Are there certain characters that can remove it from everyone?

Dragner

What's the best way to deal with blind? Just buy a ton of cure blind potions? Are there certain characters that can remove it from everyone?

Fina can but just for 1 character. I bought a ton of eye drops. Aoe blinds everywhere.

Roselia limit break can get rid of everyone diseases if you have her.

Vex_

Banned

Most white mages learn blindna. later on you can craft the spell and stick it on pretty much anyone with a free ability slot.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Was about to awaken my dupe 3* Cecil...then i remembered that lower rarity units gain TM points faster. Is that true or did i imagine things ? Also is Excalibur worth the effort or will we get more powerful Swords soonish ?

Dragner

Was about to awaken my dupe 3* Cecil...then i remembered that lower rarity units gain TM points faster. Is that true or did i imagine things ? Also is Excalibur worth the effort or will we get more powerful Swords soonish ?

Sakaguchi was using his whale 5 lightning party with dual wield excaliburs so it must be pretty good even in Japan.

Lyrian

Does that mean I lose my abilities and limit break of my 3stars character ?

Or do they stack ?

Let's say I get a lv 10 limit break, if i awaken it's back to 1 ? No benefit for leveling it up until maxed stars then ?

Same for abilities ?

Sorry for all the questions, the game has so much stuff, I found quick answers in the help section but some remains :p .

Abilities - everything carries over from the previous tier and new ones become available to unlock.

Limit Breaks - full levels earned carried over to the next tier, partial levels are generally halved (because higher starred cards have steeper learning curves). That said, limit break xp curves are 4 stars and higher are practically impossible to grind out through actual use. Items to boost limit break xp aren't live yet in global. Thus, most here will say not to worry about limit breaks on rare summon cards yet.

Now realize how good Xiao is.

Wasn't paying attention and went into INT Rank S Level 4 battle 9 with only her, due to soloing exp vortex so I could level her up.

Anyways, got stuck with 2x Lizard baddies.

Thanks to Counter and Chakram I was able to solo it and won. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom