• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
Just started playing this. It asks me to bring a companion before each mission but each time I chose not to. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to bringing someone with?

There is no reason NOT TO TAKE THEM. What are you doing??!! You are missing out on the FP (friend points). There is also an event for bonus FP going on right now. You use it for standard summons usually, but the event lets you have a chance of summoning exp units and Gil (money) units!!!!!!!

If you take them, there is no exp loss. You only have advantages, no disadvantages!!!!!!111one

Man.. you might as well throw your phone in the garbage. You blew it.

I'm joking, not that big of a deal. Just don't do that. Take them even if you don't need them. Reap the bonuses.

Falk

that puzzling face
AoPINGEl.jpg

Embarassingly brought my TM farm party to this.

Just trying to pick a healer.

I have a 4 star Terra, wouldn it be better to keep her, to act as a whm / damage dealer when needed? Or take time to work on Fina? Or is there a better of the two?

It seems i dont have a krille (sp?) Or a maria :(

Caim

Just started playing this. It asks me to bring a companion before each mission but each time I chose not to. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to bringing someone with?

Basically an extra team member. There isn't any reason not bring one.

After homeboy beats you down in the ice ruins and it tells you to go to Grandport, what am I supposed to do?

I'm at that point too but I think this is the farthest we can go in story right now.

Dandte

So...i decided to swap out deanne. He was my vaan replacement wirh armor magic and power break. Maybe he will get a future 6* with full..who knows.

For now i decided to swap in Cod and Bartz with ifrit Power break training. With this i can use Terra as a dd wirh raise.

I guess i should swap in fina for krile because of cheer.

Vex_

Banned
So...i decided to swap out deanne. He was my vaan replacement wirh armor magic and power break. Maybe he will get a future 6* with full..who knows.

For now i decided to swap in Cod and Bartz with ifrit Power break training. With this i can use Terra as a dd wirh raise.

I guess i should swap in fina for krile because of cheer.

Now I'm curious:

How did you get 3/4 of your espers to 2 stars? I grinded this whole event we had in the vortex and was only able to get siren from 24(1*) to 9(2*)?

I know of thisalready. Was that how you got them so high? I just can't even imagine getting my espers that high. I feel I'm doing it wrong.

Dandte

Now I'm curious:

How did you get 3/4 of your espers to 2 stars? I grinded this whole event we had in the vortex and was only able to get siren from 24(1*) to 9(2*)?

I know of thisalready. Was that how you got them so high? I just can't even imagine getting my espers that high. I feel I'm doing it wrong.

The vortex magicite event is a double edged sword. While you can every colour, you only get 2 or 3 big magicites for 15 stamina.

As rixa would say....phantom fores ist love, phantom forest is live.

Most of the time i got 2 big and and a good amount of middle shards and some little shards for 8 or 9 stamina.
Sometimes i had runs with 5 bit magicites.

Sure you won't get the exp bonus, but you will get a lot more magicites per stamina than in the vortex.

Azuran

Banned
I'm a stupid idiot and deleted my entire game by mistake. Fuck, there goes 3 days of progress down the drain because I never think before doing stuff.

Sigh if I wasn't addictive to this game that would have been a point of no return for me. Well, time to go back to rerolling and hopefully it doesn't take me long before I can start playing again.

GAF, who should I share as my leader unit? Aside from the three main characters, I have (5*) Xiao and Cerius, (4*) Maria, Edgar, Rydia, Clyne, Anzelm, Galuf and Fran, all max rank/level. Even though she's 4*, Maria is pretty awesome with her group heal Limit, and so are Xiao (power / armor Break), Cerius (Protectga and elemental defense limit break), and Edgar (chainsaw).

Fox1304

So I got 4 mini metal, 3 metal cactuar, and a metal gingantuar from the 25 packs. 1: is that good and 2: if I understand I can fuse them with other characters to make them gain XP ?
Also got a bunch of gil turtles and a king gil snapper, with 3 4* in the starter packs.

I don't understand why SE keep making mobile games that require a constant internet connection. I know I'm a small group but I work in an environment where I do not have a phone signal, sometimes for weeks on end. There are so many games that I want to play but can't, this being one of them. I'd love to get stuck in, I just can't. Same with the new KH game and anything on the FF Portal app. I love Triple Triad.

Rant over.

Caim

So I got 4 mini metal, 3 metal cactuar, and a metal gingantuar from the 25 packs. 1: is that good and 2: if I understand I can fuse them with other characters to make them gain XP ?
Also got a bunch of gil turtles and a king gil snapper, with 3 4* in the starter packs.

Yeah you fuse the cactuars to your units and they gain experience and sell the turtles for Gil.

Xion86

If anyone wants to add I'm 518,334,204 (Xion)

- Can you buy Phoenix Down anywhere? (Used all mine up thinking they would be at the first town for sale)
- Is it okay to fuse any number/type of people to your party members without much disadvantage?
- Best to keep Lapis for rare summons costing 500?

Oh and cheers for the tips above.

scarlet

If anyone wants to add I'm 518,334,204 (Xion)

- Can you buy Phoenix Down anywhere? (Used all mine up thinking they would be at the first town for sale)
- Is it okay to fuse any number/type of people to your party members without much disadvantage?
- Best to keep Lapis for rare summons costing 500?

Oh and cheers for the tips above.

You can trade star quartz for phoenix down later in 2nd island

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't understand why SE keep making mobile games that require a constant internet connection. I know I'm a small group but I work in an environment where I do not have a phone signal, sometimes for weeks on end. There are so many games that I want to play but can't, this being one of them. I'd love to get stuck in, I just can't. Same with the new KH game and anything on the FF Portal app. I love Triple Triad.

Rant over.

I know it's a rhetorical question, but essentially because the economy (which is intrinsically tied from everything from retention/interest to monetization) requires data manipulation/hacking to be kept at bay as much as possible.

It's no different from why MMOs require a constant internet connection.

question about Units.

I have a bunch of low quality units 1 stars of same kind, I dont use any of these in the party. shall i infuse them into each other or just sell them ? what is the best use for these?

they are filling up my unit spots and i am getting low on spots 80 out of 90 slots

Azuran

Banned
If you linked your account to Facebook you should be fine.

That's the thing. I linked my account to one of my FB dummy accounts by mistake and now I don't remember the password or email I use for it which means I can't sign into it anymore. I still can't believe I didn't realized that until today when I reinstalled everything on my phone only to find out there was no account associated with my main FB.

In other words, I'm an idiot.

Visceir

Just trying to pick a healer.

I have a 4 star Terra, wouldn it be better to keep her, to act as a whm / damage dealer when needed? Or take time to work on Fina? Or is there a better of the two?

It seems i dont have a krille (sp?) Or a maria :(

Fina has a +40% atk/def party buff which is invaluable, makes her generally superior to any other healer and a must-have in any party.

Syrus

Banned
I pulled 4 star shantotto , 3 star ExDeath , 4 star Maria , 3 star bartz , 3 star krille , 3 edgar , 3 cyan , 3 shadow , 3 3 penello

my other acct has 4 star cloud of darkness , 4 star edgar , 4 star luna , 4 star shantotto , 4 star Luna

which is better?

Azuran

Banned
I pulled 4 star shantotto , 3 star ExDeath , 4 star Maria , 3 star bartz , 3 star krille , 3 edgar , 3 cyan , 3 shadow , 3 3 penello

my other acct has 4 star cloud of darkness , 4 star edgar , 4 star luna , 4 star shantotto , 4 star Luna

which is better?

The former by far. Exdeath and Bartz > Cloud of Darkness. You also manage to pull out Edgar and Cyan which are great for debuffing and wearing enemies down.

Elfstruck

I have 5 slots for friends atm. I switch between 5* Exdeath and 5* Firion so if anyone interested, you can add me. ID: 772 874 930

Kouriozan

I wish we could get more than 130 friend slots, mine is always full and they all are active (last played always less than 2 days), so I'm deleting random to accept GAFers x)
Also I hope we'll our first rate up event soon, I got 17 tickets and want to pull so much (and will probably regret it after)

aravuus

Just downloaded the game. It's surprisingly good looking and I've even heard some pretty damm nice songs so far. Gameplay seems like regular mobile rpg stuff, but I think this'll become my 'play in bed before going to sleep' game.

Username is tabuara if someone wants to add me.

e: unless you use something else to add friends? Lol I'm not even that far yet

I know it's a rhetorical question, but essentially because the economy (which is intrinsically tied from everything from retention/interest to monetization) requires data manipulation/hacking to be kept at bay as much as possible.

It's no different from why MMOs require a constant internet connection.

I completely understand your point. However, what element of this game is online? Is it just leaderboards etc.. or are there PvP elements? I haven't/can't play for long enough to find out yet. The impression I got prior to release was that it was an RPG designed specifically for mobile. I was fully expecting this to be an offline, pay once and play game.

Visceir

I completely understand your point. However, what element of this game is online? Is it just leaderboards etc.. or are there PvP elements? I haven't/can't play for long enough to find out yet. The impression I got prior to release was that it was an RPG designed specifically for mobile. I was fully expecting this to be an offline, pay once and play game.

JP version has pvp with leaderboards and some recent events have had leaderboards where there are reward tiers for top players.

But more specifically any kind of hacking would probably ruin the spirit of the gacha and the incentive to spend money to be the most powerful/have the best units.

chrono01

Phantom Forest Exploration 2nd Island. Do story so much you reach that place. Steal there from every enemy. You get tons of materials (Heavens ash, Earth cores, Gods reliquary...). Sacred Crystal is very rare boss drop. Good exp (max 20k units), 8 nrg / 172 rank xp, 3 nodes that give Green Megacites, use those to your espers, dont mind colour, just use them. Bring highbie friend. CoD LB skill nukes boss ohko. Just go there, Its not long in 2nd Isle.

If you need Sacred Crystals, do int awaken dungeon, about 0.8 per run. You get almost everything else From Phantom Forest Exploration.
I know I'm a bit late, but thanks for this information. I'll do as you say and press on to the second island.

I don't have the "Steal" ability, though. What's the easiest way to get it? FP, I assume?

Vamphuntr

What's the best way to get sacred crystals? I really need a ton for awakening and the wiki says to do the Intermediate Chamber Awakening. I've been farming it all day and got only 2 haha.

I know I'm a bit late, but thanks for this information. I'll do as you say and press on to the second island.

I don't have the "Steal" ability, though. What's the easiest way to get it? FP, I assume?

One of the earth key in the desert gives the recipe for steal.

SmugFox

So I just started this game like five minutes ago, and this is what I pulled.

4s Exdeath
4s Bedile
4s Kain
4s Vivi
3s Fran
3s Kuja
3s Clyne
3s Galuf
3s Rydia

I see that exDeath is really good, so I'll stick him in my party, but everyone else seems to be bad from the list? What other characters are okay to run with?

Xion86

So I just started this game like five minutes ago, and this is what I pulled.

4s Exdeath
4s Bedile
4s Kain
4s Vivi
3s Fran
3s Kuja
3s Clyne
3s Galuf
3s Rydia

I see that exDeath is really good, so I'll stick him in my party, but everyone else seems to be bad from the list? What other characters are okay to run with?

Just go with that, have fun and enjoy the game ;) didn't bother with any re reolls here. Wish I had Exdeath though. I'll hold out for something special in the future and just get the team I have maxed up for now.

Still unsure if I want to keep Rydia in my party or not though...hmm

Just started this now that I got myself a new tablet. Plesently surprised that this is mostly just Brave Frontier with FF sprites, loved Brave Frontier though it was and still is a buggy mess with great ideas. Should I draw soon as I get 5000 or is it best to save or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom