• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

Beat the white dragon with a lil bit of luck.

I was so underleveled so need a lil bit of luck for that paralyze and bio blaster

undecided

I have been completely stuck in an exploration mission since yesterday.. Going through the exit disconnects with "A connection error has occurred."

My only option seems to be give up and lose everything from the mission? Not impressed with this game's technical design at all.

Lyrian

I have been completely stuck in an exploration mission since yesterday.. Going through the exit disconnects with "A connection error has occurred."

My only option seems to be give up and lose everything from the mission? Not impressed with this game's technical design at all.

That one of the very early explorations (one of the Woods)? If so, then give up from the menu screen and reattempt the exploration. Seems to be a bug unique to that exploration.

Ourobolus

Banned

This has happened to several people (myself included) - not sure what triggers this error, but yeah, the only way to move on is to "give up."

Xiao stats are great for a pure physical attacker. Her + Vaan Full Break is heaven. Now I'm powering through INT Rank S Round 5 no sweat. I'm about to run out of content it seems.

Stats @ lvl 79 w/ lvl 12 Golem 1*

HP: 2758
MP: 122
ATK: 254
DEF: 156
MAG: 102
SPR: 102

Equip:
No weapon (Brawl skill boosts ATK when unarmed)
Tiger Mask
Black Belt Gi
2x Hyper Wrist

Can't wait to unlock Hero Ring as I'm curious how high she gets.

I cast Cheer with Fina to boost ATK and DEF, Full Break with Vaan and then hit bosses with Vaan and Xaio Raging Fist.

So easy. Even her AOE Kick hits like a truck.

how do you clear the vortex daily when there's none open? will some open as you go through the story?

You can pick one to unlock for free once every 24 hours. You might be confused because there was an event that just ended earlier that dropped items for Espers, it wasn't a regular exploration area you can pick outside of the event.

Nohar

Well, time to farm Grandsheld Catacombs - Exit ad nauseum.
I've been able to rank up Edgar, Lasslew and Shantotto. Thanks to the Pampas, they managed to get back to a "decent" level. It will still need a while before they become excellent again.

Now, getting units to rank 5 is going to be a chore. We need both Sacred Crystals and Holy Crystals... It seems I will need to farm the Chamber of Awakening quite a few days in order to get enough of those for everyone.

LucaMac

Friend code 792,607,426
5* Firion
Playing since the start of the soft launch and haven't missed a day or a gifting session. Add away. The more the merrier.

Syrus

Banned
didnt get any 5 stars but I got 4 star edgar ,4 star cloud of death , 4 luna , 4 clyne , 4 shantatto

Is this good or should I reroll??

elty

Just wonder if anyone wants to add me:

IGN: GG_GAF
3* Cloud of Darkness

edit: does anyone when does send gift thing reset? Do you have to wait for the whole 24 hours or it will reset when the day reset?

Xion86

Damn can you not by Phoenix Down items? I used mine up thinking I'd stock up in town, but the item vendor does not sell them.

Nohar

Sent a friend request to everyone listed here.

My ID: 125.175.428

I wonder how often the friend list resets. Anyhow, I have 55 friend slots, don't hesitate to send me requests. I'll farm the Catacombs for a while (no need to rush the content after all, and those pampas will come in handy).

Just started today, fantastic game so far. Should I go ahead and use all my rare character tickets today? Or does this game have events like record keeper where I should wait for increased drop rate for different characters?

Falk

that puzzling face
Does that mean I lose my abilities and limit break of my 3stars character ?

Or do they stack ?

Let's say I get a lv 10 limit break, if i awaken it's back to 1 ? No benefit for leveling it up until maxed stars then ?

Same for abilities ?

Sorry for all the questions, the game has so much stuff, I found quick answers in the help section but some remains :p .

He's answering a different question than what you asked.

(Assuming I understood the original question properly)

If you get a 3* character, level it, awaken, repeat, and it becomes 5* lv1, it's exactly the same as a 5* you pulled right off the bat.

To quoted question, your limit break level carries over with awakening. In fact it's faster at lower star ranking, so if you're about to pop it you should before awakening. Not sure if you'd want to max it out before awakening though since it's a slow grind vs the slow grind of XP after awakening for more immediate/significant benefit.

Any AvaPug from here?

rofl

GuardianSoul's Lasswell/Rain destroys things

I still have 20 free friend slots so I'm going to leave my ID here:

658 239 565

I'm rank 17 with Exdeath, Roselia and Vaan

Please have GAF or something in your description so I know you are from here.

Nohar

Just started today, fantastic game so far. Should I go ahead and use all my rare character tickets today? Or does this game have events like record keeper where I should wait for increased drop rate for different characters?

I invite you to read the first page.
Long story short: reroll until you get at least one of the top tier character (2 being ideal). Use those tickets.
Keep in mind that the drop rates are really low though, and that it is perfectly possible to beat the current content with non top-tier units (although things may get a little hard when harder content is released).

Later, new characters will be released, and there will be rate-ups (although keep in mind that it is a gacha, and that the drop rates aren't transparent).

Random advices:
  • Try to get a good white mage. Maria is decent/good, with a good healing Limit Break. Anzelm is also quite good, with early access to Cura. Fina is a free character that you unlock in the story, and is actually excellent (although you will need to baby-sit her a lot before she becomes useful). Krile can become a quite good white mage thanks to Dualcast, but like Fina she needs some training before that. Roselia is also a pure white mage.
  • Exdeath is bar none the best mage out there. His damage output is crazy. If you are looking for other mages, Shantotto has the biggest spell list with early access to -ra spells, making her unvaluable early on. Vivi is also stated to be a powerhouse. Sadly, Rydia is kinda "meh", although I read that once she gets her 5* form she becomes much better.
  • Vaan gets very useful abilities (Steal, Fullbreak) and is quite powerful overall.
  • Characters able to inflict status elements are good in general. Special mention to Edgar, who has a very high chance to cause poison with his Bioblaster. Cyan is also notable, as he is able to paralyze.

Vex_

Banned
Was about to awaken my dupe 3* Cecil...then i remembered that lower rarity units gain TM points faster. Is that true or did i imagine things ? Also is Excalibur worth the effort or will we get more powerful Swords soonish ?

You are correct about lower starred cards gaining limit break levels faster.

Limit break XP table per star rarity

That is a limit break table. He is talking about trust masteries (Im sure he meant limit breaks tho lol)-- which can reward everything from equipment, to new skills. Once @100% you can equip the ability/item on anyone.

Trust Master(TM) is a system that rewards with special Abilities or Items after repeatedly using your character in battle. Each character has it’s own unique reward.

You will have a chance (~10%) to gain 0.1% TM randomly after every battle. Enhancing your character with the same unit will guarantee a 5% TM. (ie; X+5% will be transferred to the main character where X = the current TM)

Once your TM reaches 100%, you will get your reward.

There are limited time Mog events in future that will act as a TM Fodder.

With that being said, TM is best leveled (currently) with multiple of the same units. I wouldn't recommend wasting time focusing on it. Just let it happen naturally unless you arent working anything else. It takes an extremely long time even with the two units you have, sasuke.

Slaythe

If you get a 3* character, level it, awaken, repeat, and it becomes 5* lv1, it's exactly the same as a 5* you pulled right off the bat.

To quoted question, your limit break level carries over with awakening. In fact it's faster at lower star ranking, so if you're about to pop it you should before awakening. Not sure if you'd want to max it out before awakening though since it's a slow grind vs the slow grind of XP after awakening for more immediate/significant benefit.

rofl

Thanks for all the info !

It's refreshing that this game lets you get the strongest version despite getting a lower "rate" character at first.

But I have another question.

I understand that some characters have to be better than others, and this is fine.

But this looks like complete bullshit to me :

https://exviuswiki.com/Kuja

https://exviuswiki.com/Exdeath

Like, why ? It feels like Kuja is entirely useless as there are other characters that do the same, if not better, and much more D: .

Is Kuja supposed to be using external abilities ? But then the other characters can also do that...

I'm having trouble making sense of what Kuja's purpose is. He's my fav so I'll stick to him even if he sucks, but here he seems very underpowered (given his main gimmick doesn't work on important enemies anyway).

I invite you to read the first page.
Long story short: reroll until you get at least one of the top tier character (2 being ideal). Use those tickets.
Keep in mind that the drop rates are really low though, and that it is perfectly possible to beat the current content with non top-tier units (although things may get a little hard when harder content is released).

Later, new characters will be released, and there will be rate-ups (although keep in mind that it is a gacha, and that the drop rates aren't transparent).

Random advices:
  • Try to get a good white mage. Maria is decent/good, with a good healing Limit Break. Anzelm is also quite good, with early access to Cura. Fina is a free character that you unlock in the story, and is actually excellent (although you will need to baby-sit her a lot before she becomes useful). Krile can become a quite good white mage thanks to Dualcast, but like Fina she needs some training before that. Roselia is also a pure white mage.
  • Exdeath is bar none the best mage out there. His damage output is crazy. If you are looking for other mages, Shantotto has the biggest spell list with early access to -ra spells, making her unvaluable early on. Vivi is also stated to be a powerhouse. Sadly, Rydia is kinda "meh", although I read that once she gets her 5* form she becomes much better.
  • Vaan gets very useful abilities (Steal, Fullbreak) and is quite powerful overall.
  • Characters able to inflict status elements are good in general. Special mention to Edgar, who has a very high chance to cause poison with his Bioblaster. Cyan is also notable, as he is able to paralyze.

Thanks for all of that and sorry, totally blanked on reading the OP.

Lyrian

That is a limit break table. He is talking about trust masteries (Im sure he meant limit breaks tho lol)-- which can reward everything from equipment, to new skills. Once @100% you can equip the ability/item on anyone.

Misread his post. You are right. Sorry about that.

scarlet

rofl

Are you AvaPug? I saw it on the friend list and he wrote GAF so I just added it lol

Wow. So, yeah, fought Europa in the Coliseum...got down to half its HP before my party wiped out. I think I'll give it another go once I get my espers to their second phase, AND get Bartz n' ExDeath. Not sure there's any point in trying before hand. Beat the White Dragon yesterday though.

scarlet

Ugh I had to use my lapis cuz I died on my last battle on xp advice chamber.

I keep wasting my lapis cuz I don't wanna waste more time.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ugh I had to use my lapis cuz I died on my last battle on xp advice chamber.

I keep wasting my lapis cuz I don't wanna waste more time.

Spending Lapis on Energy or second chances is the true waste of time. You'll end up hitting a wall if you're not saving your Lapis for pulls, and that's true for any mobage.

Shouta

Man, JP version disabled Friend Levels because it was fucking up their servers, I think, lol.

Oh well, I can wait for those bonuses. At least I got the Bahamut event bonuses this morning. 17 Summon tickets. Woo

scarlet

Spending Lapis on Energy or second chances is the true waste of time. You'll end up hitting a wall if you're not saving your Lapis for pulls, and that's true for any mobage.

I know. I just hate waiting.

I spend like 400 lapis a day for those stuff.

Just started playing this. It asks me to bring a companion before each mission but each time I chose not to. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to bringing someone with?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just started playing this. It asks me to bring a companion before each mission but each time I chose not to. Is there an advantage/disadvantage to bringing someone with?

By not bringing a companion you lose out on firepower and don't get Friend Points, which you use for free (shitty) pulls.

Always bring a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom