• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhit28

Are there friend point events or should I just spend them as soon as possible? Is there any reason to hold on to the 1-3 stars or should I just use them for EXP right away?

Falk

that puzzling face
I completely understand your point. However, what element of this game is online? Is it just leaderboards etc.. or are there PvP elements? I haven't/can't play for long enough to find out yet. The impression I got prior to release was that it was an RPG designed specifically for mobile. I was fully expecting this to be an offline, pay once and play game.

Right, and that's fair considering that it's got it's own plot as opposed to say, Record Keeper.

The current $$$ trend in Japan right now is gacha games. Started maybe at the turn of the decade, got massively popularized by PAD, Monster Strike, Granblue, etc. and we're now at the point where understanding just how monetization and retention for the model (without too much pushback regarding the whole 'lol gambling' aspect, thanks in large part to regulation in Japan) is something that's dawning on a lot of developers and publishers.

I think there's still a healthy market for complete experiences (things like FF Dimensions would be a hybrid, I guess) but considering many (most, really) of the active mobile OTs on GAF are for event-driven, gacha-based games, I think they're doing something right in terms of retention and creating sustained interest in the titles.

Elfstruck

Are there friend point events or should I just spend them as soon as possible? Is there any reason to hold on to the 1-3 stars or should I just use them for EXP right away?

I think it really depends on what you want. If you want TM, I'd say wait until after the cactuar event so you would get more common unit. However, if you want the xp then use your FP during this cactuar event. Personally, I wouldn't use FP for XP, because you will get more XP/energy from doing the ADV cortex.

Just started this now that I got myself a new tablet. Plesently surprised that this is mostly just Brave Frontier with FF sprites, loved Brave Frontier though it was and still is a buggy mess with great ideas. Should I draw soon as I get 5000 or is it best to save or something?

Consensus is wait until some sort of rate up with pulls, just keep lapis around to slowly upgrade freinds list, materials slot upgrades and etc.

Is there a good way to farm Sacred Crystals besides the Awakening chamber? I'm leveling most of my crew after awakening them, but I have one last character about to hit their level cap and be ready for awakening.

Azuran

Banned
Yay I got my account back after trying to many stupid passwords. Annoyed that it's not on my main FB but I'm not sacrificing all the work I already put in.

Muku

Started the other day because my husband mentioned I should. Pleasantly surprised at it being fun and enjoyable. My first few summons were pretty good. Ended up with, in order: Garland, Kuja, Maria, and today I got Shadow. First three are in my party and keep Garland as my leader.

I know the whole thing is a social thing, but most you can have is 10 friends, right? Or does it go up as you progress? I just know I have a ton of friends request every time I go to play so I just pass on them all.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Started the other day because my husband mentioned I should. Pleasantly surprised at it being fun and enjoyable. My first few summons were pretty good. Ended up with, in order: Garland, Kuja, Maria, and today I got Shadow. First three are in my party and keep Garland as my leader.

I know the whole thing is a social thing, but most you can have is 10 friends, right? Or does it go up as you progress? I just know I have a ton of friends request every time I go to play so I just pass on them all.

You can use Lapis to increase your maximum number of friends.

Lyrian

You get +5 max friends at Ranks 5, 10, 15, and 20. After that, increasing max friends is 100 lapis per +5 (max 20 times, or +100).

I just got a new phone myself. My old one fell and the screen was DoA the second it hit the ground. :/

At least I have a phone with enough power and memory to play FFBE and KHUx now. :p

I've been moving pretty slowly through this game. I have a bad habit of trying to finish all the quests I pick up before moving on. I haven't even gotten to the second island yet. I thought I was pretty ahead of the game difficulty, but Fulan Pass nearly destroyed me by petrifying my Exdeath at the very beginning of the exploration map. I'm using all of my energy on EXP quests instead of actually progressing through the levels.

Rixa

AoPINGEl.jpg

Embarassingly brought my TM farm party to this.

More embarrassing is the fact that you have Rain in party that doesnt have any TM at all.

I kicked idle players off from my friend list. I now have 8 empty place.

RixGAF 147,899,569

Lyrian

I've been moving pretty slowly through this game. I have a bad habit of trying to finish all the quests I pick up before moving on. I haven't even gotten to the second island yet. I thought I was pretty ahead of the game difficulty, but Fulan Pass nearly destroyed me by petrifying my Exdeath at the very beginning of the exploration map. I'm using all of my energy on EXP quests instead of actually progressing through the levels.

There's no real rush to get to the end of the current content at the moment. No one can say for sure how long until the next island arrives, but it is doubtful that timeframe is anytime in the immediate future. Enjoy the journey.

Difficulty jumps are generally signaled by an increase in energy cost to run a floor of a dungeon. As you note, the difficultly jumps are generally sudden and are more of a brick wall that has to be overcome by leveling/advancing your team. I just hit a new wall myself on the second island. I'm not going any further without awakening my team further and leveling them back up to speed.

Some of those kill quests on the second isle need to be nuked from orbit. Those aren't going to be finished until after the story mode is complete for now. Going slow is one thing, but kill quests that require hundreds of energy to complete because of stupidly low spawn rates can go jump off a cliff.

Rixa

I know I'm a bit late, but thanks for this information. I'll do as you say and press on to the second island.

I don't have the "Steal" ability, though. What's the easiest way to get it? FP, I assume?
Youre welcome, steal isnt necessary there, it just helps you get more stuff :). Basically you get everything else needed when awakening unit than Sacret Crystals and I think you dont get Holy Crystals either.

If you are patient enough, run PF-E so long that you get 20 random enemy encounters, then go to boss (and be sure to win it :p). 20 Fights is the max in exploration dungeons (except Gumi specials like Land of Plenty). Thus getting max amount of exp (it still varies) & materials.

Added. Raz with 4*exdeath
added, dennism
Both added.

scarlet

Thanks

I just need 1 more elemental tear to craft hypno crown.

I regret I gave 3 of my elemental tears for quest.

Can you find in PF? Doing it in adv 3 times only gave me 1.

Rixa

Thanks

I just need 1 more elemental tear to craft hypno crown.

I regret I gave 3 of my elemental tears for quest.

Can you find in PF? Doing it in adv 3 times only gave me 1.

Yes those Green elemental units drop them / steal, not always tho. Forgot the name of those star like units that like to osmose your mp :p (So I kill them first always)

windfish

Ahhh I am trapped in re-roll hell! I ditched my rank 29 Exdeath account and was aiming for something better over the past few days.

Currently sitting on
A) 1 Cecil, 2 Bartz, 1 Garland ...then lots of low Tier Units
B) 2 Cecil, 1 CoD, 1 Garland, Celes, Kuja, Krile, some other Units I don't remember right now..

I know B is the (much?) better pull but I just like Bartz so much :/ just one more roll....

broz0rs

Question regarding standard summons... is there any point in keeping or fusing any of the regular 2* or 3* units? I've been selling everything except Metal Cactuars.

Elfstruck

Ahhh I am trapped in re-roll hell! I ditched my rank 29 Exdeath account and was aiming for something better over the past few days.

Currently sitting on
A) 1 Cecil, 2 Bartz, 1 Garland ...then lots of low Tier Units
B) 2 Cecil, 1 CoD, 1 Garland, Celes, Kuja, Krile, some other Units I don't remember right now..

I know B is the (much?) better pull but I just like Bartz so much :/ just one more roll....

B is like my dream team lol.

Rixa

Question regarding standard summons... is there any point in keeping or fusing any of the regular 2* or 3* units? I've been selling everything except Metal Cactuars.

Some units has ok Trust Mastery (TM), for example Rizer has +10% hp ability.
- Pull 21 Rizers from FP and fuse them to one Rizer
- Every fuse increase TM by 5%
- When TM is 100% you get the ability

There are others too, for example "xxx killer", or Camouflage and so on.
There are also a lot of bad TMs that arent the worth & effort :).

broz0rs

Some units has ok Trust Mastery (TM), for example Rizer has +10% hp ability.
- Pull 21 Rizers from FP and fuse them to one Rizer
- Every fuse increase TM by 5%
- When TM is 100% you get the ability

There are others too, for example "xxx killer", or Camouflage and so on.
There are also a lot of bad TMs that arent the worth & effort :).

I see, thanks. This is definitely something that I don't want to be doing, but it's good to know this game feature.

==================

Ingame mail announcing that on July 8th, Kefka, Golbez, and Chizuru will be available.

Azuran

Banned
All of my 3* characters finally reached mx level. How long does it take to the that last set of items needed to awaken them to get the next ranking? I don't have a single one of those so I'm assuming they're rare :/

Rixa

All of my 3* characters finally reached mx level. How long does it take to the that last set of items needed to awaken them to get the next ranking? I don't have a single one of those so I'm assuming they're rare :/

Outside of Sacred Crystals & Holy Crystals (Awaken Int Vortex). You get everything else from 2nd Island (and they are fairly common in 2nd Isle). Just run Phantom Forest - Exploration.

Xion86

Outside of Sacred Crystals & Holy Crystals (Awaken Int Vortex). You get everything else from 2nd Island (and they are fairly common in 2nd Isle). Just run Phantom Forest - Exploration.

That's good to know, thanks Rixa for the tips so far.

Rixa

One step closer to Lightning's release.

*rubs hands together*

"The joy of rerolling with 500 Lapis" and trying to get base 5* unit :p. Will be fun to see how many rerolls its needed to get 1 Lightning cause no rate ups :D.
Iam good to go with my units what I have pulled so far. Not saving tickets, but will prolly just pull when ever I get one. Chizuru would be über to get...

Valentus

Chizuru would be the first 4star unit in the game, and she is a really hard hitter. Like a Cyan on roids. And she will get a 6 star form in the future. One of the good tier units of the game.

and that TM... my god.

Slaythe

Guys, what is the best spell I can craft ?

My Kuja is worthless because they literally didn't even try to make him half decent on his own, so I need some damaging spell I can get to equip on him.

He better be getting 6stars with ultima to make up for that ordeal -.- ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom