• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Guys, what is the best spell I can craft ?

My Kuja is worthless because they literally didn't even try to make him half decent on his own, so I need some damaging spell I can get to equip on him.

He better be getting 6stars with ultima to make up for that ordeal -.- ...
I know you can get the Thundara recipe from an earth key on the second island

Dandte

Guys, what is the best spell I can craft ?

My Kuja is worthless because they literally didn't even try to make him half decent on his own, so I need some damaging spell I can get to equip on him.

He better be getting 6stars with ultima to make up for that ordeal -.- ...

Kuja will learn thundaga

Fira is obtainable via fp Tm and blizzara is craftable.

Kuja is the male version of terra, both are underwelming.

bonkeng

Damn, confused between these 3 accounts:

1. 5*Vaan, 4*ExDeath

2. 4*Cecil, 4*Bartz

3. 3*Bartz, 3*Vaan, 3*CoD

3 should be logical, but i really don't want villains on my team lol.

EDIT: Welp, Got 5*Cecil 5*CoD and 3*Vaan just now. Guess I'll be rolling with this one since they complement each other.

Dandte

Damn, confused between these 3 accounts:

1. 5*Vaan, 4*ExDeath

2. 4*Cecil, 4*Bartz

3. 3*Bartz, 3*Vaan, 3*CoD

3 should be logical, but i really don't want villains on my team lol.

Well lightnin is the best unit in the game...but she is mp of ff xiii, which is considered the downfall of FF, makes her technically a villain.

Take account 3 or 1.

bonkeng

Well lightnin is the best unit in the game...but she is mp of ff xiii, which is considered the downfall of FF, makes her technically a villain.

Take account 3 or 1.

Lol. I hope Lightning comes before the tix reward ends.

I guess 3 is the better option.

aravuus

Holy fuck, you get 1 limit burst exp every time you use it? Most of my guys need almost a thousand exp for just one level up alone. Ridiculous. Same with the mastery thing and, well, regular exp too. Random 0.1% increases, ridiculously low quest exp rewards vs the amount needed for just one level up.

I guess it's nice you won't end up maxing your party out in a couple of hours, but this is ridiculous. Not sure if I can do this lol. Playing 15 minutes every night won't be very interesting if I never seem to actually progress much.

Rixa

Holy fuck, you get 1 limit burst exp every time you use it? Most of my guys need almost a thousand exp for just one level up alone. Ridiculous. Same with the mastery thing and, well, regular exp too. Random 0.1% increases, ridiculously low quest exp rewards vs the amount needed for just one level up.

I guess it's nice you won't end up maxing your party out in a couple of hours, but this is ridiculous. Not sure if I can do this lol. Playing 15 minutes every night won't be very interesting if I never seem to actually progress much.

Thats why you dont work with LB. In JP they have items that add 200/300 to LB. I bet Gumi will nerf these to 100/150 :p

As for the TM. You either grind for low nrg quests (Earth shrine) or you play long and daily. My Vaan is around 18% TM and it is almost 2 months old and it has been all the time in my party.

elty

I don't even look at those limit break and TM exp. It is painfully slow.

On the other hand, running the EXP INT a lot already got my main character to lv40 3*. Just need awaken material.....

linkent

9 trophies left until hero's ring.

Can I do this?

I got 30 trophies before the 2nd island update.
Most of it come naturally.
The only few that i need to work for it are
1. 3 trophies - crafting 100 of each categories. 5min/craft.
2. 4 trophies - Spam Spell, Ability(preferable steal for additional trophies), Esper, Limit Break.

Slaythe

Kuja will learn thundaga

Fira is obtainable via fp Tm and blizzara is craftable.

Kuja is the male version of terra, both are underwelming.

But Terra does what Kuja does, AND MORE.

Kuja is literally the worst thing they made so far, and I can only imagine they intend to make him OP with a 6 stars.

Main reason being that they did not even bother to give him his trademarks skills from his fucking main game.

Or they just hate him. Pls no

I found a way to make him bearable though, by equipping Shiva on him he can use Blizzard and Blizzara ...

I apologize if this has already been asked; but what do I do with all this loot??

I have tons of things such as Beast meat, Gaia's Tear, Esper shards, etc, that I keep getting when I complete the campaign, yet nothing to use them for? I assume it's for crafting, but I have nothing that will take advantage of these mats yet.

Any advice on where to get some plans so that I can use them and/or what I should do with these mats?

Thanks in advance.

Dandte

But Terra does what Kuja does, AND MORE.

Kuja is literally the worst thing they made so far, and I can only imagine they intend to make him OP with a 6 stars.

Main reason being that they did not even bother to give him his trademarks skills from his fucking main game.

Or they just hate him. Pls no

I found a way to make him bearable though, by equipping Shiva on him he can use Blizzard and Blizzara ...

But kuja can give you protection against thunder. He will have his time to shine, trust me.

I apologize if this has already been asked; but what do I do with all this loot??

I have tons of things such as Beast meat, Gaia's Tear, Esper shards, etc, that I keep getting when I complete the campaign, yet nothing to use them for? I assume it's for crafting, but I have nothing that will take advantage of these mats yet.

Any advice on where to get some plans so that I can use them and/or what I should do with these mats?

Thanks in advance.
You will need them for awakening later on. Just keep them and sell them if above 99.
The thread title is really misleading :-(

Depends on where you live. The global Server is live.

Or do you mean the mobile aspect?

skybald

Does this game use a lot of data on a cellular connection? I want to play a little on break at work but don't want to blow out my 2 GB per month data bucket.

scarlet

Does this game use a lot of data on a cellular connection? I want to play a little on break at work but don't want to blow out my 2 GB per month data bucket.

I checked my data usage on my phone and it's less than 70 MB since global launch and I played a lot

Been playing since the Swedish soft launch.

My team is Cyan, Vaan, Rain, Vivi and Fina - nothing great but still destroying all content and up to Int Col. C so far.

I've got 22 summon tickets at the moment (5000 Lapis + Launch) so I'll probably use a bunch on July 8th and chase Ex-Death, Bartz, Cecil and new samurai. Longest I've been with a mobile game so I'm impressed.

Xion86

Surprised that there are people obsessing over their initial party choice and constant re rolls/restarting... Damn just enjoy the game, it's not impossible or not enjoyable if you don't have a full 5* team from the get go or something. I'm sure you will change up your party in the future too.

Loving the game so much, not been this addicted to a tablet/mobile game in a very long time.

bonkeng

Surprised that there are people obsessing over their initial party choice and constant re rolls/restarting... Damn just enjoy the game, it's not impossible or not enjoyable if you don't have a full 5* team from the get go or something. I'm sure you will change up your party in the future too.

Loving the game so much, not been this addicted to a tablet/mobile game in a very long time.

Some of us enjoy rerolling.

As long as we're enjoying it, who cares?

I've already finished the game since before the official release with not much things to do now. I'd wager I'll finish the game on my new account too even before any new significant contents are added.

When Lightning comes, I may reroll again for fun. It may not be fun for you, but it is for me. So to each his own.

I know, right?! I re-rolled once and said screw it, good enough. I just want to play and if I want better characters, I'll shell over some cash. So far I'm a good chunk through the second island and I've had no issues.

Anyone having their game crash when trying to receive FP? Everytime I click "receive all", I get kicked.

Re-downloaded the game and still the same.

Xion86

Some of us enjoy rerolling.

As long as we're enjoying it, who cares?

I've already finished the game since before the official release with not much things to do now. I'd wager I'll finish the game on my new account too even before any new significant contents are added.

When Lightning comes, I may reroll again for fun. It may not be fun for you, but it is for me. So to each his own.

That's fair enough, I just don't like the idea of starting over lots haha :) love the progression each time I play. I didn't realise you could finish the game that quick, so that's good then, I can get to that stage then work on building up my team more. I have my game linked to my main Facebook account too on my iPad, so don't think I can re roll if I want to. So when you re roll to get Lightning, you will completely abandon your old game and progress?

Pilgrimzero

I just want the FF4 characters. Stupid random character generator.

On that note I had to replace Rydia on my team with Vivi cause she's not pulling that Black Mage weight.

With the launch package plus the complete ease of the tutorial, it actually wasn't too bad to acquire a good account. I played since the soft launch and gave up my account for Cecil, CoD, and Vaan. I'm having loads more fun with this team than the previous account.

If you enjoy, who cares. Everyone has fun in their own way.

Slaythe

I have a question.

If you have a mage, and you "attack". Does that count as physical attack ? Are magic attacks only what you use through the ability menu ?

I'm asking because Kuja's throws energy balls as his "attack animation" and I can't figure out if that's magical damage or physical damage.

bonkeng

That's fair enough, I just don't like the idea of starting over lots haha :) love the progression each time I play. I didn't realise you could finish the game that quick, so that's good then, I can get to that stage then work on building up my team more. I have my game linked to my main Facebook account too on my iPad, so don't think I can re roll if I want to. So when you re roll to get Lightning, you will completely abandon your old game and progress?

The game unofficially came out mid May this year. That's almost 2 months of play time, more than enough to complete the game 3x over.

I'll reroll for Lightning to see how OP she really is. If she's worth it, I may keep the account, since it's also easy to rotate the accounts with fb log in.

The great thing about this game is, you don't need to get those S-tier units to finish the current content. My first account i used Vaan, Laswell, Rain, Fina and the friend pulls rotating as needed.

The reroll is just there for some who wants to do it. And frankly, this is the easiest reroll method in all gatcha games I've played. 13 pulls per reroll. That's a lot of chances to pull for something you want.

Bladelaw

So my main team at the moment is Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Kuja, and Bartz. I'm wrecking face through the story (early) and I'm enjoying it. This is the first "mobile" game I'm really not feeling the urge to get the most OP units ever and build the most efficient cookie cutter team. I think that says a lot about the game, or my FFIV nostalgia. Either way I'm having a blast. I lead with Cecil and my ID's in the spreadsheet, feel free to add me, just note GAF so I can make room for you fine folks.

At what point am I going to run into problems with this team? Just the occasional special dungeon? If so I'm not going to worry too much about it, if I'll actually run into issues in the story then I'm going to be concerned.

Slaythe

I mean, what if you already have what you want though ?

It's not like you need the absolute OP tier to progress.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to play Lightning, I want to forget she ever existed.

I don't care how good they make her.

Rixa

Anyone having their game crash when trying to receive FP? Everytime I click "receive all", I get kicked.

Re-downloaded the game and still the same.

Yes, they bug. If I try to collect all, game crashes. So its kinda slow to tap manually one by one but it works (I have 130 friends) :p.
thanks.

Also need to get those damn sacred crystals

Chamber of awakening

INT version, adv version doesnt have so good drop rate.

thanks scarlet.

how the hell do you get more Energy?

I cant play now cause its like no energy left... so stupid.

You wait. That's about it. Do the daily quests for the some, but other than that your waiting.

It's an incredibly common mechanic in these games. I actually find this game more forgiving since they give you 30 energy a day for basically playing.

Also, since new people are here.... 'extra' energy doesn't carry over until you're maxed. Don't accept until you're ready.

ex.

19/20 + 5 = 20/20
20/20 + 5 = 25/20

You wait. That's about it. Do the daily quests for the some, but other than that your waiting.

It's an incredibly common mechanic in these games. I actually find this game more forgiving since they give you 30 energy a day for basically playing.

Also, since new people are here.... 'extra' energy doesn't carry over until you're maxed. Don't accept until you're ready.

ex.

19/20 + 5 = 20/20
20/20 + 5 = 25/20

thanks for the info, didnt know that.

Yeah its sad. whats the reason for them to not let us play as much as we like?

Vex_

Banned
I mean, what if you already have what you want though ?

It's not like you need the absolute OP tier to progress.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to play Lightning, I want to forget she ever existed.

I don't care how good they make her.

Glad someone else said this before I did. I wasn't gonna even use all my lapis until I heard lightning was a possible unit coming in the future. As soon as I heard she was the only unit capable of doing more damage than my current team I went ahead and used all my lapis because fuck that. I don't care.

I already have 4/5 of the top 5 units in the game. There is no content that they could possibly release to stop my team. Ever. Unless they start making my top tier units obsolete by not giving them 7* transformations(but give them to lightning), I will always be stronger than the content released (exception is bahamut, because youre not supposed to be stronger than him).

So not only is lightning trash as a character, lightning is absolutely useless to me in terms any skill she could possibly bring to the table (dual wield be damned).

Tldr; lightning is worthless to me so I'm just enjoying using my lapis because I'm already OP.

*drops mic*

MKAllDay

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the experience you get from a dungeon is split amongst your entire party. For instance, the advanced experience dungeon gives 31000 but my individual characters clearly do not receive that much.

Assuming my observation is correct, if I bring a max level unit into a dungeon, will he no longer receive a share of the exp resulting in the final being divided 4 ways instead of 5?

Edit: found my answer earlier in the thread. I guess it is in fact shared and unfortunately, maxed units do still steal a share.

Ourobolus

Banned
Is it possible to get a 4*+ from the FP summon during this event? I've only ever gotten 3* or less, and none of them are characters from games other than FFBE.

On the other hand, all of the trash and cactuars has let me get Bartz from 3* to 4* easily enough!

Shouta

Even if you don't start with units that have top-tier potential, it usually evens out in the end. I started with only Exdeath but eventually got CoD, Cecil, Chizuru, Randy, Delita, etc over the course of summoning for other units. Making sure your team has characters to fill the slots is more important than having the ones that rate well individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom