• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Rain/Laswell/Fina/Vivi/Magitek Terra (lol) here

When I hit a wall I'll just put down the game till lower boundary power creep lets me beat it again. Not nearly as invested in the game at this point.

Ourobolus

Banned
Rain/Laswell/Fina/Vivi/Magitek Terra (lol) here

When I hit a wall I'll just put down the game till lower boundary power creep lets me beat it again. Not nearly as invested in the game at this point.

Heh, don't worry. I'm almost done with the second island and my team has been

Rain/Laswell/Magitek Terra/Krile/Cyan

Falk

that puzzling face
I honestly wouldn't count the main quest as wall content at this point. Any hard boss just trot out GuardianSoul friend summon and he solos everything. Rest of the party could be lv1.

edit: To be fair, his friend summon rotates between a 250+ attack Laswell and Rain, so that power level kinda is obtainable anyway with some effort hahahaha.

edit2:
I thought the main characters are ranked pretty high anyways, so that's 3/5 slots covered.

Yeah, this.

You just also have to keep in mind that the abilities that have no replacement such as Vaan's Full Break, are on a tier of their own for very good reason which isn't immediately apparent now while power levels are determined by virtually everything other than maximum potential. As in, right now the game is in a place where if you're stuck, you just go level and come back with bigger numbers. We're a long way from most people maxing out the characters they have.

I honestly wouldn't count the main quest as wall content at this point. Any hard boss just trot out GuardianSoul friend summon and he solos everything. Rest of the party could be lv1.

edit: To be fair, his friend summon rotates between a 250+ attack Laswell and Rain, so that power level kinda is obtainable anyway with some effort hahahaha.
I've got a Vaan on my friends list that has nearly 380 attack. It's nuts. He has Barrage, Gungir or that 101+ attack knuckle weapon and doublehand. Must be someone who used macros for trust masters. Hope they never delete me from their friends list.

Basoes

Speaking of cura, my Cecil just learned it, this is gonna be a big help since i don't have any pure support units

Pejo

So frustrating.

I got the Frost Dragon in INT S-5 down to like 1% health, CoD and Bartz at near full HP and everyone else dead, and totally out of MP for barrage. All I had to do was hope that one of them didn't get confused on his next round of attacks.

Dragon hits Bartz twice then uses confuse - it sticks on CoD. CoD has native human slayer, and she finishes off Bartz. Frost dragon triple attacks CoD and kills her in a single round.

Feels bad.

Other than getting lucky on paralyze, does anyone have a better strategy for this damn dragon? he's been tormenting me for over a week now.

My team is:

Bartz, CoD, Leo, Roseria, Terra. I can also swap in Zidane, Cecil or any of the good 4* units (Krile, Kain, Edgar, etc).

God what I would give for a full break unit.

Vex_

Banned
just remember guys that you cant use friend units in the Colosseum (which gives some unique items and recipes) as well as some "secret" bosses.

You cant rely on friend units forever to carry you. You're gonna get exposed and then bodied at some point.

I think I've done every story quest in the game so far but there's still a big NEXT floating over Grandport on the map. Is there someone I'm not realizing I need to talk to there? I beat the Lanzelt Ruins and everything.

just remember guys that you cant use friend units in the Colosseum (which gives some unique items and recipes) as well as some "secret" bosses.

You cant rely on friend units forever to carry you. You're gonna get exposed and then bodied at some point.
Yeah, wish I could bring in friends for the Colosseum. I'm to the INT S fights and some of those bosses are getting tricky, but I haven't been having too much trouble yet. Frost Dragon in S5 will probably be a big wall for a while once I get there.

I think I've done every story quest in the game so far but there's still a big NEXT floating over Grandport on the map. Is there someone I'm not realizing I need to talk to there? I beat the Lanzelt Ruins and everything.
That's the end of the story content for now until the next island is available.
is it worth using Lapis to buy Energy back?
I probably wouldn't use lapis for energy. Maybe once I'm sitting on like 100 energy in the future I'd think about using lapis to refill, but right now it doesn't seem worth it.

Valentus

Kuja will learn thundaga

Fira is obtainable via fp Tm and blizzara is craftable.

Kuja is the male version of terra, both are underwelming.

Dat raise on kuja xD

For those who have been playing a while, how many slots would you recommend having for materials, equipment, etc.? I started playing less than a week ago, and I've already maxed out my materials, and I can't really thin the number because I don't know which I really need. Thanks in advance for advice.

70 units, 70 materials, and 70 weapons if you want. I still keep my 50 weapon slots. I sell all the junk and only keep the rare stuff.

Credo

For those who have been playing a while, how many slots would you recommend having for materials, equipment, etc.? I started playing less than a week ago, and I've already maxed out my materials, and I can't really thin the number because I don't know which I really need. Thanks in advance for advice.

I've just been adding slots as I need them. For materials, I just keep one stack of 99 of everything and sell any that go over that. Getting your material slots to 80 will give you enough room to for everything in the game right now. I think I have at least one of everything and I'm sitting at 77 materials.

Pejo

Materials are really annoying with the limits in place. You quickly start getting 2+ stacks of some items. On one hand, you can always go in and multi-sell stacks over 100, but on the other hand it gets really annoying having to do so, after 2-3 explorations. I have my materials up to 95 right now after beating all the content on the 2nd island. I still have to empty out the excess fairly frequently. I don't look at it as a waste of Lapis though, since it will save me time and frustration in the long run.

Lyrian

whats the reason for them to not let us play as much as we like?

To capitalize upon players' impulsive desires.to keep playing the game. There is technically an alternative to waiting for stamina. You can pay 100 lapis for a full energy refill if you want. Literally, it is the 2010's version of the 1980's arcades "Insert Coin to Continue".

The developers are banking that people are too impatient to wait for stamina refills and will instead cough up the lapis to keep playing. They are usually right on that matter, as abundant time (or patience) is not a resource that most people have to trade for a energy refill.

elty

All of my main part is at 3* lv40 with no upgrade material. Time to level my Shadow - Mag Terra - Sabin - Maria I guess.until daily dungeon reset.

Shouta

is it worth using Lapis to buy Energy back?

Depends on circumstance really. When Trust Moogles are introduced and you need to guarantee you'll get one or something like that, it's worth it. 5 star Trust Moogles are 10% Trust Mastery when fused into a character so they're worth at least 1000 Lapis if not more because it can be used on anyone.

Setzer

So I've been re-rolling for a few hours now and have gotten terrible luck with summons but this most recent one I pulled a 3* Bartz and 3* Cecil. Think I should stick with it or keep on re-rolling?

Also is it best to just use all 10 tickets or should I save some of them for events and such?

Valentus

So I've been re-rolling for a few hours now and have gotten terrible luck with summons but this most recent one I pulled a 3* Bartz and 3* Cecil. Think I should stick with it or keep on re-rolling?

Also is it best to just use all 10 tickets or should I save some of them for events and such?

i know its terrible but you should wait until friday when new units arrive.

Shizuru is top tier and a beast damage dealer.

Bladelaw

Ok so once you have "enough" slots for things is the only major use for lapis unlocking vortex chambers and new units? I'm sitting on 3500 lapis mostly because I'm afraid to spend it and I'm sitting on a solid team (as far as story content goes).

Pejo

Depends on circumstance really. When Trust Moogles are introduced and you need to guarantee you'll get one or something like that, it's worth it. 5 star Trust Moogles are 10% Trust Mastery when fused into a character so they're worth at least 1000 Lapis if not more because it can be used on anyone.

How are the Trust Moogles gained btw? I'm really looking forward to them. Is it a special stage like the cactuar and gilsnapper stages, or is it through random FP summons like the events running now?

Valentus

How are the Trust Moogles gained btw? I'm really looking forward to them. Is it a special stage like the cactuar and gilsnapper stages, or is it through random FP summons like the events running now?

Special summon events (every 10 summons get a trust moogle), gifts from Alim, or prizes of special events (PvP, time attacks, etc)

Ok so once you have "enough" slots for things is the only major use for lapis unlocking vortex chambers and new units? I'm sitting on 3500 lapis mostly because I'm afraid to spend it and I'm sitting on a solid team (as far as story content goes).

Don't use lapis on unlocking Vortex dungeons. You get to unlock one for free every day until the reset.

If you have a team you're happy with right now you might as well wait for a rate up banner on a unit you would like. Might also want to wait until you get to 5,000 lapis so you can buy the ticket bundle and get 11 pulls.

Don't spend it on vortex chambers.

Ever.

You get one free a day, with the 2nd island you really don't NEED the awakening dungeon. Worst case is alternate between Exp and Awakening.

Don't be afraid to hold on to your gems as long as you want to. If you have a solid team, there is no reason to pull anytime soon. Personally? I'm probably waiting for Lightning.

Falk

that puzzling face
To capitalize upon players' impulsive desires.to keep playing the game. There is technically an alternative to waiting for stamina. You can pay 100 lapis for a full energy refill if you want. Literally, it is the 2010's version of the 1980's arcades "Insert Coin to Continue".

The developers are banking that people are too impatient to wait for stamina refills and will instead cough up the lapis to keep playing. They are usually right on that matter, as abundant time (or patience) is not a resource that most people have to trade for a energy refill.

The psychology goes even deeper than that. For people who wouldn't consider e.g. spending Lapis on a stam refill, it still sets an expectation of the relative value of Lapis, for all its other uses (which also determine its intrinsic 'value' in a way, and is often compared to spending Lapis on e.g. stam refills or inventory management to weigh what gives the most bang for the buck)

Long story short though, no, it's very, very rare when a game's economy/balance/design rewards refilling stam in the first few months, maybe even half a year.

You're never going to have enough Lapis for summons. Trust me.

It's in the developer's best interests in terms of business model to continually release gacha updates that entice even the most hardcore of spenders with fully kitted out teams to keep spending. That simple business model framework trickles down all the way to even F2P considerations.

Bladelaw

The psychology goes even deeper than that. For people who wouldn't consider e.g. spending Lapis on a stam refill, it still sets an expectation of the relative value of Lapis, for all its other uses (which also determine its intrinsic 'value' in a way, and is often compared to spending Lapis on e.g. stam refills or inventory management to weigh what gives the most bang for the buck)

Long story short though, no, it's very, very rare when a game's economy/balance/design rewards refilling stam in the first few months, maybe even half a year.

You're never going to have enough Lapis for summons. Trust me.

It's in the developer's best interests in terms of business model to continually release gacha updates that entice even the most hardcore of spenders with fully kitted out teams to keep spending. That simple business model framework trickles down all the way to even F2P considerations.

I get that, I play Puzzle and Dragons and have spent more then I would care to admit on it. I'm thinking in terms of this game, once I have the recommended number of slots (~70 it looks like), what is the best use of Lapis. From this it looks like holding on till I get 5k and pulling on a desirable banner is the way to go.

Setzer

i know its terrible but you should wait until friday when new units arrive.

Shizuru is top tier and a beast damage dealer.

No problem waiting! I've got Galaxy of Heroes consuming a good chunk of my time. This can wait a few more days lol.

I started this last weekend, and I'm not really interested in min/maxing, as that usually takes the fun out of the game for me. I have (what I think is) a pretty decent team:

Magitek Terra
Clyne
Vivi
Shadow
Penelo

Is it even worth it to continue playing the game? Worried about hitting that free-to-play wall.
Also what's the deal with metal cactuars and Gil snappers?

Takuan

I started this last weekend, and I'm not really interested in min/maxing, as that usually takes the fun out of the game for me. I have (what I think is) a pretty decent team:

Magitek Terra
Clyne
Vivi
Shadow
Penelo

Is it even worth it to continue playing the game? Worried about hitting that free-to-play wall.

The wall will always exist in some form, regardless of how beast of a team you roll. I personally would re-roll that team, but I'm nowhere near an expert.

Metal Cactaurs = big exp. Gil snappers = sell for dat cold hard gil.

garath

The friend management is severely lacking in this game. I have 35+ invites and no good way of getting through them. Some people I try to accept and their friend list is full so I need to scroll back to them and hit remove and go through a confirmation before that one request is handled.

Just give me a reject all button pls. And auto reject ones who's friend list is full.

So how should I be skilling up my esper? I have it attached to exdeath so mag up?

elty

Magitek Terra
Clyne
Vivi
Shadow
Penelo

My experience is for non pvp oriented game, the pay wall is very high and you should have no problem clearing most content.

Caim

The friend management is severely lacking in this game. I have 35+ invites and no good way of getting through them. Some people I try to accept and their friend list is full so I need to scroll back to them and hit remove and go through a confirmation before that one request is handled.

Just give me a reject all button pls. And auto reject ones who's friend list is full.

So how should I be skilling up my esper? I have it attached to exdeath so mag up?

I think it goes up by 5 every 10 ranks but I ended up raising it a couple of times with lapis because the starting limit is way too low tbh.

Also keep in mind espers only give about 1% of their stats to the character it has equipped.

Which esper? Ifrit is a physical beast.

It's worth looking up the skill table for the 2* forms as you don't get to reset. Meaning you could lock out of better skills once you unlock the 2* form if you head down a different path in the 1*

Falk

that puzzling face

You probably want to take a look at the 2* skill trees of all espers and work out what you're going to do since you cannot get all nodes and you cannot respec.

Having said that in distant future I'm pretty sure there's gonna be additional awakenings for espers and the new ring would mess with any carefully planned-out current min-max, and eventually they'll just introduce respec items.

edit: Here's a handy dandy direct link for Siren

https://exviuswiki.com/Siren

Nohar

I'll soon unlock Shiva. After that, I guess I will finish the second island before spending all my stamina in the EXP chamber (for when I am at work - don't have the time to do anything else) and the Catacombs - Exit (for Friend Points).
Things are proceeding smoothly, with Krile at 4* now. I'm slowly but surely leveling up Fina just so she can replace Maria (that Cheer ability seems to good to ignore). I'm still not sure what kind of team I should build though...

Current characters, with their levels and ranks:
  • ----- FREE CHARACTERS -----
  • Rain - 17 - 2*
  • Lasswell - 40 - 4*
  • Fina - 35 - 3*
  • ----- FIGHTERS -----
  • Edgar - 38 - 4* (Current leader, with everything available to boost his Attack, which is at 163 at the moment)
  • Kain - 25 - 3*
  • Shadow - 20 - 3*
  • ----- MAGES -----
  • Rydia - 44 - 4*
  • Shantotto - 38 - 4*
  • Vivi - 25 - 3*
  • Maria - 36 - 4*
  • Krile - 24 - 4*
  • Penelo - 8 - 4*
  • ----- HONORABLE MENTION -----
  • Rizer - 21 - 2* (my only Blade Bash user, and therefore only option to cheese White Dragon)
  • Pampas. Lots of Pampas (one 3*, two 2*, seven 1*).

I'm at 55/65 friends at the moment. My ID is 125.175.428. I'll probably switch from Edgar to Lasswell once I get the Masamune (assuming I manage to get it).

POPULAR, I KNOW ABOUT POPULAR

Dont really like the new units, already have couple good mage, and a melee is meh. Just more to crowd summon pool to deter from what i would want. ( i really want a vaan lol )

And i dont wanna waste tickets before friday either :/

Dandte

Dont really like the new units, already have couple good mage, and a melee is meh. Just more to crowd summon pool to deter from what i would want. ( i really want a vaan lol )

And i dont wanna waste tickets before friday either :/

But but but....

Best 5* mage, decent mage and one of the best physical attackers.

Had no idea about summons so I just went wherever path I wanted...fuck

But I increased my friends list to like 125, getting FP out the ass. Going to wait till after the snapper event to spend it all to get that good good trust mastery. Is there a cap to friend points btw?

Had no idea about summons so I just went wherever path I wanted...fuck

But I increased my friends list to like 125, getting FP out the ass. Going to wait till after the snapper event to spend it all to get that good good trust mastery. Is there a cap to friend points btw?

I think friend point cap is 99,999. Not 100% positive on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom