• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
I just got extra friend slots so I can add people again. Feel free to add me 923,189,995 if you want if you didn't check the Google doc. The more GAF friends I have, the merrier.

Pejo

So are you guys with tens of thousands of friend points pulling on this latest thing with the cactuars and gilsnappers, or is there a better thing to save them for?

Falk

that puzzling face
I think that you're eventually going to be drowning in even the rare TM things like King Giott anyway, but Metal Cactuars are a quantifiable, immediate power boost.

(I'm pulling FP gacha now)

neoism

man this game is overwhelming as fuck.... playing on ipad mini 2 man i wish you could play it in landscape mode... really liking it but havent really got the hang of all the options and stuff.....
cant believe its free...

is there a list of friend codes.. for easy adding???

Noob question but at what point does team composition really come into play? Thus far, I've just been rolling what feels go with reckless abandon but I'm really yet (just got Siren).

Also, what are the recommendations (I haven't been able to read through the whole thread yet) regarding Lapis usage?

man this game is overwhelming as fuck.... playing on ipad mini 2 man i wish you could play it in landscape mode... really liking it but havent really got the hang of all the options and stuff.....
cant believe its free...

is there a list of friend codes.. for easy adding???

Add your friend code and we'll add you :)

I think friend point cap is 99,999. Not 100% positive on that though.
Dope. Man this game is much easier with Roselia with cura. She can heal like almost any status ailment and got MP for days. I just need a strong hitting mage like ExDeath, then I can use Bartz to entrust and give him my limit and bam status ailment after status ailment

Dandte

Noob question but at what point does team composition really come into play? Thus far, I've just been rolling what feels go with reckless abandon but I'm really yet (just got Siren).

Also, what are the recommendations (I haven't been able to read through the whole thread yet) regarding Lapis usage?

The true challenge is Colosseum and Trials.

As for Lapis. Get some material slots, some equipment, somr friends. Save the rest for boosted Units or special events...or go nuts like myself and end up with 5 rydias, 3 frans, 3 clynes 3 marias...you get what i want to say...don't pull.

neoism

nm i found it.. will be adding a bunch of you guys... ��

lol it took me a min to even find my code Kappa

549 916 328

Takuan

God I love going at INT Awakening Vortex 29842342389 times in a row without getting a single fucking earth core.

LOVE IT

I feel you, bruh. I'm on that litrock hustle right now and it's a struggle. Just got Rain to 4*, and now I gotta do the same for Laswell. I have no idea if I'm better off doing 5xBGN, or 1xINT and 1xADV. Haven't really noticed one way or another.

Question about Explore Mode - do encounters just stop happening after a bit? I was grinding earlier and then the fights just stopped. I was a little worried I maybe had a connection issue, so I left to preserve what I'd gained up til that point (I had an issue a few weeks back where I couldn't leave after a similar experience).

Ourobolus

Banned
I feel you, bruh. I'm on that litrock hustle right now and it's a struggle. Just got Rain to 4*, and now I gotta do the same for Laswell. I have no idea if I'm better off doing 5xBGN, or 1xINT and 1xADV. Haven't really noticed one way or another.

Question about Explore Mode - do encounters just stop happening after a bit? I was grinding earlier and then the fights just stopped. I was a little worried I maybe had a connection issue, so I left to preserve what I'd gained up til that point (I had an issue a few weeks back where I couldn't leave after a similar experience).

There's an XP cap for each exploration. I made a handy-dandy table for that.

Code:
[b]Place		NRG	Unit Exp	Unit/NRG	Rank Exp	Rank/NRG	Elemental Crystals[/b]
Temple		3	150		50		13		4		Light, Fire, Earth,Ice
Forest		4	700		175		52		13		Wind, Lightning, Water, Dark
Cave		4	2200		550		62		16		Water, Earth, Light, Ice
Underground	5	5700		1140		101		20		Dark, Fire, Wind, Lightning
Passageway	6	11200		1867		127		21		Light, Earth, Dark, Wind
Swamp		8	15000		1875		172		22		Dark, Wind, Lightning
Desert		9	16000		1778		224		25		Fire, Earth
Valley		10	15000		1500		281		28		Wind, Light
Ice Mountain	11	26000		2364		307		28		Water, Ice
Ruins		12	33000		2750		333		28		Earth, Lightning, Fire, Light

The last column is what crysts you can find in the resource points.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's a cap to the amount of XP you can get per exploration.

Presumably so that there's an XP per AP cap.

I have a few more questions that I just cant seem to find a decent answer to.

Re rolling:

I have played many hours in this game now, my account is a quest account, i have not yet linked it to my facebook.

If I want to reroll as many seem to do. Can somehow start a new game and reroll till I get the characters I want, then transer them to my current save which I have played many hours on?

Or do I have to start from the beginning of the game again ?

Azuran

Banned
I have a few more questions that I just cant seem to find a decent answer to.

Re rolling:

I have played many hours in this game now, my account is a quest account, i have not yet linked it to my facebook.

If I want to reroll as many seem to do. Can somehow start a new game and reroll till I get the characters I want, then transer them to my current save which I have played many hours on?

Or do I have to start from the beginning of the game again ?

Start from scratch. You can't alter accounts after they're up and running for good.

chrono01

"The joy of rerolling with 500 Lapis" and trying to get base 5* unit :p. Will be fun to see how many rerolls its needed to get 1 Lightning cause no rate ups :D.
Iam good to go with my units what I have pulled so far. Not saving tickets, but will prolly just pull when ever I get one. Chizuru would be über to get...
I know I'm setting myself up for utter pain. It will not be easy, I will spend many hours. I am okay with it. Lightning-sama is worth it.

Maybe.

Wonder if Kefka will beat out X-Death as a mage...
That's what I want to know.

I like Kefka more as a character than Exdeath, but I can't overlook Exdeath's 6* evolution. If Kefka gets an equally-impressive one as well...

Choices will have to be made.

we will know in a distant future when he and terra gets their 6star forms
Oh, that's right. Terra will probably get a 6* evolution too.

So many mages!

Start from scratch. You can't alter accounts after they're up and running for good.

wow, so there are some that actually start from the beginning just to reroll...I dont think I could handle that hahaha. I will play the hand I was dealt.

Im playing with my highest star characters which are.

3 start Sabine
3 star Fina
3 star vivi
4 star Fran
3 star Kain.

I do have a 4 stars that I am not using.
Penelo.

Can I get my 3 star to go to 4 star and above ?

How would I get them to go to a higher star rating?

Ourobolus

Banned
Can I get my 3 star to go to 4 star and above ?

How would I get them to go to a higher star rating?

Once a unit hits max level (for 3*, it's Lv 40), you can "Awaken" them in the Unit menu. It requires certain materials (different for each character) and a little bit of gil.

Once you awaken them they start back at Lv 1, but they have higher stat growth.

Once a unit hits max level (for 3*, it's Lv 40), you can "Awaken" them in the Unit menu. It requires certain materials (different for each character) and a little bit of gil.

Once you awaken them they start back at Lv 1, but they have higher stat growth.

yes, I have done that with Fina.. but she stayed at the same 3 star...how do I get fina or sabine to 4 or 5 stars ? is that even possible?

while we are at it.

Trust mastery. I have noticed that this is something to lvl..whats the most effective way to do that and why should I do it?

while we are at it.

Trust mastery. I have noticed that this is something to lvl..whats the most effective way to do that and why should I do it?
Takes an eternity but it will go up by .1% every few full battle runs. Besides that, fuse a duplicate unit for +5% or there are like these trust units that give 10% we will get in a future upsate.

Useful bc at 100% u can I think give as an ability

Kremzeek

i started playing this weekend - i guess i got lucky and got a 5-star Celes to start with.

i was worried about the ftp nature of this game, but i feel like it's super addicting.

i'm really surprised with how much i like it so far!

mikemandey

Apparently it is a known bug that some people can't add anymore friend. Sigh.

People still can add me though. my ID: 332,522,188

Usually I select my CoD / Vaan to be my party leader.

Falk

that puzzling face
Where does the white magicite drop from in Fulan Pass?

Collection points. Kinda low chance though - I averaged maybe 1 per run (3 points)

They also dropped from Wolfsfang Peak for what it's worth, but that's much further on.

So I ended up with:

Rydia 3 stars
Kain 4 stars
Cyan 4 stars
Shantotto 3 stars
Anzelm 4 stars
Vivi 4 stars
Kain 3 stars
Garland 4 stars
Galuf 3 stars
Anzelm 4 stars
Bartz 4 stars
Miyuki 3 stars
Tronn 1 star

Should I re-roll?

Slaythe

i had a nervous breakdown on this game and ended up wasting my stored ressources for no reason.

I need powerful friends. =(

Halp

image.png

350 363 240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom