• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

satori

Damn so I started a few days ago. Rerolled until I landed both CoD and Bartz both 3 stars. Was saving gems and ticket. Had about 4k and 2 summon ticket left. Had.... Anyways I was not thinking straight and used all of it to pull and woops (hey if that was my stupid drunken mistake on 4th I will take it) got nothing of note. Got to rank 16.

Anyways I decided to use my 2nd phone and well... Landed 5 star exdeath, 4 star CoD, 4 star Maria, 4 star Luna, 4 star cyan.. And a few others decent units...

Looks like no face book on my main phone lol... I will post my friends code once I sync the game up to my new gaming facebook acct.

My ID: 579,067,550

mikemandey

So I ended up with:

Rydia 3 stars
Kain 4 stars
Cyan 4 stars
Shantotto 3 stars
Anzelm 4 stars
Vivi 4 stars
Kain 3 stars
Garland 4 stars
Galuf 3 stars
Anzelm 4 stars
Bartz 4 stars
Miyuki 3 stars
Tronn 1 star

Should I re-roll?

reroll, imo.

or

wait till July 8 for new units like Kefka, Golbez, Chizuru

The true challenge is Colosseum and Trials.

As for Lapis. Get some material slots, some equipment, somr friends. Save the rest for boosted Units or special events...or go nuts like myself and end up with 5 rydias, 3 frans, 3 clynes 3 marias...you get what i want to say...don't pull.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to converse the lapis and tickets I have for now until something amazing happens. I almost blew 'em when I saw Kefka and Golbez, though.

Kouriozan

Hmm, if the new banner is actually getting a rate up, I'm blowing my 17 tickets on it, hoping for Golbez.
Kefka ain't too bad and Chizuru would be awesome as well.

Valentus

Hmm, if the new banner is actually getting a rate up, I'm blowing my 17 tickets on it, hoping for Golbez.

Chizuru is top tier damage dealer, one of the best.

Kefka is a good mage but it has 3 problems:

1.- doesnt have 6 star form
2.- doesnt have w-magic
3.- doesnt have meteor

ExDeath is the superior mage though.

Golbez is a low tier mage...

Azuran

Banned

I'm buying lapis if I need to even thought I know it will only end up in regret and sadness. I wish they would make a bundle or offer so I can get them for cheap. $5 for a pull it's stupid :/

Not even School Idol Festival manage to screw over my wallet this much and I spent a while on that thing >.>

Should I spend all of my friend point now, or will they be useful later?
I would wait. Gil is easy to get and xp from cactuars is only useful if u don't plan on grinding but u prolly will just due to the nature of the game. U gotta save em to pull for trust mastery rewards!

Quick question, is there any silver chest in the game worth opening right now?

elty

This game have way too many different upgrade material and is difficult to track which to farm. Has to make an Excel file for this :/

Turns out I need 15 more sacred crystal and 26 beast meat. At least beast meat drops like flies in Earth Shrine.

wilstreak

maybe i am just plain unlucky, re-roll2 times with 12 summon ticket + 2 summon lapis (total 14 summon), can't even got main character of FF, the best character that i got is only Kain and Rydia which based on Reddit score, is not too good.

So decide to save my ticket for later event. (only use Rain, Laswell, Magitek Terra, Maria and Roselia)
Quick question.

Is this game doesn't have any event to get new strong characters?

the only F2P game that i have played before is One Piece TC & Tales of Link and they regularly make an event for new character.

The only ongoing event that I see just a premium item promotion, LOL.

WarAdept

This game makes me considering to buy FF VI mobile.

Should I?

I never finished the original version.

It's got all the new content and translation of the GBA version and then some.

But I can't deal with the visual change.

EDIT: I have like 50 of these Water Megacrysts now. Goddamn it Wolfsbane, drop Ice not Water!

maybe i am just plain unlucky, re-roll2 times with 12 summon ticket + 2 summon lapis (total 14 summon), can't even got main character of FF, the best character that i got is only Kain and Rydia which based on Reddit score, is not too good.

So decide to save my ticket for later event. (only use Rain, Laswell, Magitek Terra, Maria and Roselia)
Quick question.

Is this game doesn't have any event to get new strong characters?

the only F2P game that i have played before is One Piece TC & Tales of Link and they regularly make an event for new character.

The only ongoing event that I see just a premium item promotion, LOL.
There will be future events with higher drop rates, they will post in game. I suggest you reroll though, some high tier characters have a less then 1% chance of dropping but it's a good idea to shoot for one in the top 10 if not especially top 5.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I will continue playing my game, but I just might re-roll later this week. I REALLY want some of the new units, and the early bird offer should still be available

I'm not sure what to do

Lyrian

Quick question, is there any silver chest in the game worth opening right now?

Most silver chests contain recipes that are spells which are highly situational at best.

A few of them that might be slightly more useful (again situationally) are:

Silence/Silence Blade
Mental Break
Blind
Bio/Bio Blade
Vox (for curing silence, if you don't have access to a White Mage that has this ability)
Paralyna (for curing paralysis, again if no access to a White Mage with that ability)

Muscle Belt (HP +10% accessory)
Osafune (42 ATK Katana)

The core issue here is that as mentioned earlier on the page, most content can be beaten by simply throwing larger damage numbers at it rather than playing defense. The game is not really to the point yet where resistance buffs and debuffs are required to beat content, except for Trials (which I think is only the White Dragon right now).

CCIE

Banned
Well, I will be re-rolling Friday morning for Chizuru. Chizuru and one to two decent characters. I might continue my current account as well, since I have a 5*Vaan and 5* Cerius with 7 extra tickets for future rate-ups

But I had no idea she was going to be here this soon. She looks awesome in the JP version

NomarTyme

824 856 420

Add me if you like! I already been requesting friends throughout the last 3 pages! hopefully I didn't miss any of gaffers.

nikos

Am I the only one lost/overwhelmed by this game? Seems like there's a ton of stuff going on. I'm currently exploring areas on autobattle.

My starting units are Rain **, Shantotto ***, Edgar ***, Shiki ***, Krile ***. Are units often replaced or mostly enhanced? I don't care for any of these characters.

Any good starter guides or tips? Should I just keep playing until I get the hang of it? I'm having fun but don't want to realize I've been doing something completely wrong down the line.

Started playing it a few days ago. Loving it so far. Didn't re-roll, that takes the fun out of the game and turns it into a tedious mess. I've done that before for a game, and vow to never do it again.

Right now I'm using:

5* General Leo w/ Ifirit
4* Shadow
4* Rydia w/ Siren
4* Kain w/ Golem
3* (soon to be 4*) Fran w/ Shiva

Doing just fine right now. Working on getting my 3* Ex-Death and 3* Penelo up to stuff, and getting Espers leveled up. I'm having a blast with it so far. I have some complaints about exploration controls, but I love the idea. I don't think I'll like it as much as Record Keeper, but we'll see.

scarlet

Am I the only one lost/overwhelmed by this game? Seems like there's a ton of stuff going on. I'm currently exploring areas on autobattle.

My starting units are Rain **, Shantotto ***, Edgar ***, Shiki ***, Krile ***. Are units often replaced or mostly enhanced? I don't care for any of these characters.

Any good starter guides or tips? Should I just keep playing until I get the hang of it? I'm having fun but don't want to realize I've been doing something completely wrong down the line.

Take it slow with quests. I'm already "finished" and have no idea what more to do now.

Try not to use auto so much. Use abilities and magics for trophies.

Vex_

Banned
Ok. How the fuck were we supposed to know this was here?

39mRQEs.png

WarAdept

Just like the oldschool NES/SNES RPG's, basically hug the outer perimeter of everything. There's more like that in exploration dungeons with quests being started from finding random hidden objects.

bonkeng

soo guys if you take out the two main characters do you miss the banter dialogue during battles ? lolol

I don't have them on my party and they still talk a lot. I think their talk is partially integral to the story. Read it if it's your first playthrough.

That's what makes classic ff so good. Hidden items all over the world.

Try stumbling on Zodiac Spear on ff12 without a guide. It's impossible.

wilflare

okay I'm confused, the game says to do daily quests to get free lapis. what's this daily quest?

and did the 30 energy and 50 lapis compensation expire?

---
I decided to start with
1x 4* Bartz
1x 3* Exdeath
1x 3* Krile
2x 3* Edgar

scarlet

Okay but the real question is where do you go to finish the quest? The desert exploration place?

After you found it? The vault in Royal Grandshelt

When you're inside a town. Use the town menu, choose quest, pick the complete quest and choose report. And you'll be with your quest givers instantly. Only works if you're in the same city.

After you found it? The vault in Royal Grandshelt

When you're inside a town. Use the town menu, choose quest, pick the complete quest and choose report. And you'll be with your quest givers instantly. Only works if you're in the same city.
No I mean where do you actually go haha

Rixa

God I love going at INT Awakening Vortex 29842342389 times in a row without getting a single fucking earth core.

LOVE IT

I feel you, bruh. I'm on that litrock hustle right now and it's a struggle. Just got Rain to 4*, and now I gotta do the same for Laswell. I have no idea if I'm better off doing 5xBGN, or 1xINT and 1xADV. Haven't really noticed one way or another.

Question about Explore Mode - do encounters just stop happening after a bit? I was grinding earlier and then the fights just stopped. I was a little worried I maybe had a connection issue, so I left to preserve what I'd gained up til that point (I had an issue a few weeks back where I couldn't leave after a similar experience).

I feel your pain...currently doing the same to awaken Kain.

Need 4 Litrock and 1 Sacred Crystal here :( another 10min wait..haha
You do know that only do "Awaken Vortex" (Int) for Sacred Crystals & Holy crystals. At the moment Everything else can be found outside of Vortex.

- Litrocks -> Fulan Pass - Exploration (1st Isle)
- Almost everything else -> Phantom Forest - Exploration (2nd Isle)

Exploration maps has cap of encounters its 20 + boss. After that no more enemies before you leave.
Exception to this is Gumi made explorations Land of Plenty didnt have enemy encounter cap (at the moment LoP, future maybe others), or it was really high (over 60 encounters).

Lyrian

okay I'm confused, the game says to do daily quests to get free lapis. what's this daily quest?

and did the 30 energy and 50 lapis compensation expire?

You have to do all 5 daily quests (they are the same every day) and claim them before midnight GMT (there is a running countdown clock on the tab). At each daily reset, any rewards not claimed from the previous day are lost.

Lyrian

Is there any modifiers to the Steal ability?

The wiki states 50% success rate, but I might be realizing 25% at best. I miss like crazy when stealing from even common monsters.

Rixa

Is there any modifiers to the Steal ability?

The wiki states 50% success rate, but I might be realizing 25% at best. I miss like crazy when stealing from even common monsters.

Definetly not 50% chance. When there was only first Island I used Vaan to get steal Trophy. Had 1k Steals & over 3k abilities used and most of those abilities were steal tries, cause that ability lag was horrible so didnt want to use other abilities unless I had to.

Shouta

How are the Trust Moogles gained btw? I'm really looking forward to them. Is it a special stage like the cactuar and gilsnapper stages, or is it through random FP summons like the events running now?

Events (farming ones and dungeon ones), Monthly PvP, and occasionally summon events like the one they had recently where for every Lapis summon, you got a chance for a trust moogle that was between 3-5 star.

CCIE

Banned
Damn, need sacred stones so going to have to do the Awakening Vortex. I'm trying to increase the level of my Terra to 4*33 for Cura so going to Solo the Advanced Experience Vortex with someone high level.

Also, whoever said she sucks is off their rocker. I've played with a high-level Terra from guest and she simply crushed everything. Not as much as ExDeath, but still...

Hope to do that tonight, so I can grind the other one tomorrow. I have all of my party except the 5* characters maxed at 3* and ready to awaken to 4*. And no stupid sacred stones to do so...

Arghh!

Rixa

Damn, need sacred stones so going to have to do the Awakening Vortex. I'm trying to increase the level of my Terra to 4*33 for Cura so going to Solo the Advanced Experience Vortex with someone high level.

Also, whoever said she sucks is off their rocker. I've played with a high-level Terra from guest and she simply crushed everything. Not as much as ExDeath, but still...

Hope to do that tonight, so I can grind the other one tomorrow. I have all of my party except the 5* characters maxed at 3* and ready to awaken to 4*. And no stupid sacred stones to do so...

Arghh!
If sacred stones = Sacred Crystals

What ever you do, do those mat / exp different days, dont use Lapis to open 2nd vortex.

One day for SC farming (awaken materials INT vortex)
Another day for EXP farming (awaken exp ADV vortex)

Awaken from 4* to 5* you need more Sacred Stones.

bonkeng

Arghh!

I agree Terra is good. But everyone seems to compare her to the Fab 5 (ExDeath, Cecil, Bartz, Vaan, CoD), which are all better than her. Maybe when she gets her 6*, she might surpass one or all of them.

Dandte

Arghh!

I only stated that she is underwhelming as a 5* Main series Protagonist.

Her only attack skill is Firaga. (And graviga..won't work on bosses so meh) Her best ability is raise. Her lvl 80 trait/skill is guardian mog, which removes all status effects...after battle

If we look at her ingame skill set up to lvl 80

She also learns arise, break and holy. Holy and arise would really help her a lot.

With 6* she should get meltdown, mag+% and maybe dualcast...would truly make her shine. Or some sort of self buff. With Ultima being her tm, they need to give her something else to wreck stuff

CCIE

Banned
Agreed on all that. But she has green hair and glows! ;) I understand what you are saying though because my 5* Vaan wrecks shop and he isn't even level 40 yet. Still, I'm a big fan of Zidane, Terra, and Miyuki. They have the coolest sprites

I will have Chizura on Friday! I'm going to re-roll a second party when she is available. Depending on who I get with her, I might be starting over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom