• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Story so far is cliche-bad, but music is surprisingly good.

Done with the main quests for now. Time to focus on building a decent team with what I have (and since I have no top tier unit, although Krile will become invaluable once she gets Dualcast, that's gonna take some work).

Story so far is cliche-bad, but music is surprisingly good.

Done with the main quests for now. Time to focus on building a decent team with what I have (and since I have no top tier unit, although Krile will become invaluable once she gets Dualcast, that's gonna take some work).

Story is bad, Explorable environments are pretty bad

Character sprites and backgrounds are great. Enemy Sprites are decent

Not the best game in the world but good enough to distract me on my phone.

Would love a full rpg with quality sprite work like this that was consistent throughout the whole game

broz0rs

Newbie observations

- Status effects are so strong in this game. For example, getting blinded and not having anything that can remove it, makes the ATK character completely useless for the duration of the fight.

- Bomb's "explode" attack is basically a Doom spell that connects all the time.

- Half of all my friends list is Exdeath, but half of them are equipping ATK gear lol

Otheradam

Been playing since beta and decided to use up a ticket today. Get a rainbow crystal and its for CoD, which is the only top tier unit I already had =/. Rerolled a second time and got Celes and decided to stop til rate ups or new characters.

I was pleasantly surprised by the music; it was much better than I expected from a mobile game. Exploration controls are janky, and I can't say I enjoy the banter between Laswell and Rain. There are lots to do in this game, and part of me is happy I can only do one EXP quest before my NRG runs out. I don't feel that committed to this game do I feel like I have to keep playing it. It's pick up and play friendly to me. Even though I'm only doing EXP dungeons and Colosseum right not, I still feel as though I am making progress.

Xion86

What are you guys usually doing when your NRG is low? Exploring towns and just waiting around? Just making sure I'm not missing out on something else whilst waiting.

Caim

What are you guys usually doing when your NRG is low? Exploring towns and just waiting around? Just making sure I'm not missing out on something else whilst waiting.

I usually go back and grab any chests I may have missed in any of the towns. Other than that all you can really do is wait.

Just wondering if you think in an evvent the 11 rare summons pack would have a price slash for limited time? Im at 5k lapis now, burning a hole. But I will wait!

Lyrian

DAMAGE CHECK

Since Bombs do their remaining HP in damage after being brought below a certain %

50% is the figure. I know that one all too well.

Bombs are so much fun. /s

Balloons are just even more outright fantastic when they AoE self destruct. A balloon detonating at 40-ish% health will obliterate any party without maxed 5 star characters.

Lyrian

Newbie observations

- Status effects are so strong in this game. For example, getting blinded and not having anything that can remove it, makes the ATK character completely useless for the duration of the fight.

- Bomb's "explode" attack is basically a Doom spell that connects all the time.

- Half of all my friends list is Exdeath, but half of them are equipping ATK gear lol

Fun fact:

Player turns are asymmetric, which can be exploited, especially in bad situations.

For example, say a key melee character is blinded. If the white mage acts alone and casts Blindna, the melee character can act unencumbered that turn afterwards. If the cure blind command is queued up and then auto'd, the game will make the melee attacker swing while blinded and miss and then apply the cure afterwards (wasting a turn).

This works for any debilitating debuff, including paralysis, stoned, and even being downed. I'm so guilty of cheesing fights from exploiting free moves from Terra chain raising characters. Definitely time to awaken and level up my team, lol.

elty

Any guide on how to use Nox to do rerolls on this game?

Farmed all my sacred crystal and now litrock won't drop.

Well i just learned something. I have a bunch of old request. Been lazy to clear them. Apparently that goes against your cap? I have 6 open slots -_-

Edit: all cleared up! That felt good lol

Think i got you down below!

CCIE

Banned
Interesting... Chizuru is now the top rated unit for Global - so it's good I will be re-rolling for her Friday morning, and canning one of my accounts that is running. I have one that has Terra, Leo, Duane, Gilbert, and Zidane, and Shantotto. And the other with Vaan and Cerius both at 5* (high high stars), Shantotto, and 7 tickets for the future.

Which do you think I should lose? I'm leaning toward losing account one. Hopefully some of the characters will be part of my new party. I'm kind of partial to Terra and Zidane. But my high level Vaan and Cerius are pretty sweet. Same story point for both teams.

I'm liking this game. Last FF mobile game I played was record keeper and I felt it was well designed but got boring and repetitive before it was fun. This game seems a lot less restrictive. No stupid 2 spells/abilities per character. My black mage actually has black mage spells etc.. And there are items to use during combat to help against tricky encounters, instead of relying on gear grinds to get that special piece of gear that works well for that special type of encounter.

Main complaint I have so far is the Colosseum. It progresses very slow and is extremely not challenging nor rewarding, at least in the early stages so far.

Main complaint I have so far is the Colosseum. It progresses very slow and is extremely not challenging nor rewarding, at least in the early stages so far.
Takes a lil while but just keep pushin. Also don't make my mistake. Make it your life easier down the line by using a unit with steal. Don't have steal? Don't worry, theres a recipe for it you can find, just search the wiki

Why is steal important?
You want to be using steal any chance u can because of 2 things. Steal can get you materials that you will be in deep need of when it comes time to awaken your characters or create items with.

The other huge thing is for the 2 trophies u can get by using steal which is the one for abilities used and items stolen which you will need for the heros ring which is the current top accessory atm so yes steal is absolutely essential

You want to be using steal any chance u can because of 2 things. Steal can get you materials that you will be in deep need of when it comes time to awaken your characters or create items with.

The other huge thing is for the 2 trophies u can get by using steal which is the one for abilities used and items stolen which you will need for the heros ring which is the current top accessory atm so yes steal is absolutely essential

Items and trophies

K thx for the tip

Bigrx1

Banned
Is it just me or is the music in this game amazing, I don't think it's just me.

I hope they give queen Shantotto another star level ; ;

music is super good - game is boring as fuck to me though. This is like a prime example of how shitty mobile games are. Not because this game is total shit, it isn't, but because it's a mediocre game at best, horrible Final Fantasy, but it's seen as an AMAZING game compared to other mobile games because they are all, as a whole, so fucking shit.

Just like Record Keeper. AMAZING 5 STAR MOBILE GAME! You do nothing but battle in the same dungeons over and over and that's literally it. Give me a break.

Valus

Hit rank 15 and have room for 5 more friends!

Using 5* Bartz, currently level 42.

Add me!! Especially if you have AoE blasting mages because I am lacking in that!

Feep

Banned
music is super good - game is boring as fuck to me though. This is like a prime example of how shitty mobile games are. Not because this game is total shit, it isn't, but because it's a mediocre game at best, horrible Final Fantasy, but it's seen as an AMAZING game compared to other mobile games because they are all, as a whole, so fucking shit.
You're not entirely wrong, but it's nice to have a reasonably competent game on my phone, for once.

scarlet

I need 15 sacred crystals. Wish me luck.

Hit rank 15 and have room for 5 more friends!

Using 5* Bartz, currently level 42.

Add me!! Especially if you have AoE blasting mages because I am lacking in that!

Added. I'm Raz.
Feel free to use my exdeath.

Gonna upgrade him to 5* today

Any inventory management tips? Safe stuff to sell? Should I just add inventory space via lapis?
Upgrade your friend lists to max, upgrade your materials maybe once or twice but only keep materials up to 99, otherwise sell.
I need 15 sacred crystals. Wish me luck.
Fuckin a, I need 1 more to awaken my whole team but I just did 2 runs and still got none! Anyone know where I can get just ONE sacred crystal?

B.K.

Is it just me or is the music in this game amazing, I don't think it's just me.

The soundtrack is the best part of the game. It's better than anything from the XIII games or anything we've heard from XV so far. It's a shame it's wasted on a mobile game. I want this guy to do the music for Final Fantasy XVI.

The soundtrack is the best part of the game. It's better than anything from the XIII games or anything we've heard from XV so far. It's a shame it's wasted on a mobile game. I want this guy to do the music for Final Fantasy XVI.
Okay I'm going to strongly disagree here, there are some good tracks but FFXIII had some fantastic tracks and XV still has one of the best FF songs of all time

Fuck tho, I'm thinking tmrw I might startover. I only have Bartz as top tier and I kinda want CoD or ExDeath to swoon my experience

Irnbru

Hrmm. I have a 4* ex death, 4* terra, 5* celes, 4*Garland

Not sure if reroll when the new units come out or not....

B.K.

Okay I'm going to strongly disagree here, there are some good tracks but FFXIII had some fantastic tracks and XV still has one of the best FF songs of all time

I'm not a fan of Hamauzu or Shimomura. Hamauzu's music is always so bland and instantly forgettable to me. I've never heard a real standout song from him. It serves its purpose as background noise in the games, but I never remember a single thing he's done. I'm not a fan of Shimomura either. Everything she does sounds exactly the same. It gets boring. When you hear one of her songs, you've heard them all. Her music doesn't really have a Final Fantasy feel to it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom