• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of Hamauzu or Shimomura. Hamauzu's music is always so bland and instantly forgettable to me. I've never heard a real standout song from him. It serves its purpose as background noise in the games, but I never remember a single thing he's done. I'm not a fan of Shimomura either. Everything she does sounds exactly the same. It gets boring. When you hear one of her songs, you've heard them all. Her music doesn't really have a Final Fantasy feel to it either.

SO MUCH THIS

Where is ma Kefka

Thinking about giving this a try, but it being F2P kinda worries me. Is there a full story? Am I going to need to grind a lot in order to advance? Does it have a lot of random unlock BS? It LOOKS great, but even raelly good F2P games like Terra Battle annoy me after a while because I hit a brick wall that requires a ton of grinding or paying money.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Thinking about giving this a try, but it being F2P kinda worries me. Is there a full story? Am I going to need to grind a lot in order to advance? Does it have a lot of random unlock BS? It LOOKS great, but even raelly good F2P games like Terra Battle annoy me after a while because I hit a brick wall that requires a ton of grinding or paying money.

It's the exact same type of game as Terra Battle. Stay away.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Do you need to reroll to play through the game? Most guides say it's possible, but you really should get yourself a 5*

Do you need to reroll to play through the game? Most guides say it's possible, but you really should get yourself a 5*
U can beat all current content without it. Its just this is like your only chance to do this before no more rerolls and you're stuck with what u got unless u cop up the dough for it

Valentus

My first unit was a Penello lol. I didnt reroll (because i didnt know)

now i have this

4yusuh.png

Its not imposibble to progress to the game, but with 11 summons to reroll, you should take this opportunity and at least get a chizuru or a bartz or a exdeath.

My first unit was a Penello lol. I didnt reroll (because i didnt know)

now i have this

Its not imposibble to progress to the game, but with 11 summons to reroll, you should take this opportunity and at least get a chizuru or a bartz or a exdeath.
How long did it take to get gungnir?

bonkeng

It's a typical jrpg game. Story is there, with bosses. When you hit a wall, just grind for experience. Or awaken your units.

Nothing is locked behind a paywall.

EDarkness

I'm going to go through and add a few of you guys to my friend's list. My character's name is Talbain. I have a lot of friend slots, so I figure it'll be a good idea to add a few more.

Bah, once you get going materials list fills up quick.

I gotta hand it to them though. They could have easily charged more than 100 lapis per slot upgrade.

Falk

that puzzling face

It's the exact same type of game as Terra Battle. Stay away.

Terra Battle suffers from a severe dearth of content. After a certain point, to get anywhere else you basically need to do your dues and grind the same map (or same two maps, depending on how loose your OCD is) for XP/trust. The lack of content is such that what little comes out -has- to cater to the crowd that's being endlessly grinding, so if you haven't, you're basically sitting there SOL.

Exvius (well, at least the JP version, and also going off Brave Frontier) would be more in the category of Granblue/FFRK/PAD/etc. where even if you play casually, even if you logged in twice a month there'd be something to catch your attention and get progression from.

I think the comparisons to Terra Battle are fair in that it's a gacha game and you grind 0.1%s of something, but flawed in execution.

EDarkness

I gotta hand it to them though. They could have easily charged more than 100 lapis per slot upgrade.

This is my problem. Materials and equipment lists fill up quick. The thing about materials is that I don't know what's useful and what isn't. Especially since quest sometimes need materials as well. So I keep buying slots. At least with equipment I can sell the low level stuff.

Rixa

This is my problem. Materials and equipment lists fill up quick. The thing about materials is that I don't know what's useful and what isn't. Especially since quest sometimes need materials as well. So I keep buying slots. At least with equipment I can sell the low level stuff.
Good thing is we get fairly easy 50 Lapis per day by doing Daily Quests. Maybe sometimes use it to slots rather than to random summon.

So how does the last bonus tier for the 10 tickets and cactuars work? Like are we close or what's up what do we have to do

We dont get it. Event ended when game was released globally, we only got 1 bonus tier.

Good thing is we get fairly easy 50 Lapis per day by doing Daily Quests. Maybe sometimes use it to slots rather than to random summon.

We dont get it. Event ended when game was released globally, we only got 1 bonus tier.
That's lame af, why is it still on the website! Deceitful twats

scarlet

Exdeath finally 5*

Still need 8 sacred crystals for Laswell, Rain and Fina.

I actually like using them

Or just because the rest of my team are mediocre lol

Zafir

If you can reroll, and don't mind rerolling, just do it I'd say.

I started playing before its release, so I had progress before I could which I didn't particularly want to lose. Out of all the "best units", I've only got Vaan and even he was level 3. I'm also struggling not having a solid healer outside of some low star white mage. x.x

Teknoman

I'm not a fan of Hamauzu or Shimomura. Hamauzu's music is always so bland and instantly forgettable to me. I've never heard a real standout song from him. It serves its purpose as background noise in the games, but I never remember a single thing he's done. I'm not a fan of Shimomura either. Everything she does sounds exactly the same. It gets boring. When you hear one of her songs, you've heard them all. Her music doesn't really have a Final Fantasy feel to it either.

Even the stuff he did in XIII-2?

blackflag

1. Choose max level 5* Exdeath friend.
2. Go to Earth Shrine Exploration
3. Fight random encounters so long that all your Limit Breaks (LB) are ready
4. Go to boss fight
5. Cast skills & spells & LBs that help to raise/boost damage (Full Break / Focus etc) & lower defence.
6. 2nd turn attack full force and your Exdeath friend casts LB.
^^
Hopefully on 2nd turn your party can do enough damage cause friend Exdeath does around ~250k damage.

Full break just 1 shots the earth shrine exploration boss.

I find myself playing this game for no reason bc I'm dead set on getting shizeru while I still can cause Im F2P. If I don't get her in my summon tix im starting over. Screwed up my Summons SP anyway so its whatever

Connecting, Connecting... half a dozen screens of points and items and other garbage. More connecting...

What a slow and annoying experience.

I have like so many units that I dont use, is it worth just fusing them to my main 4 characters? I dont see why I should keep holding on to them. Is there any other use for these normal units?

CCIE

Banned
So I am going to start over on of my games tomorrow, and needed to know which one of two I should let go. The first, which I'm leaning toward letting go has 4*Leo,4*Terra,5*Duane,4*Zidane,4*Gilbert,4* Shantotto.

The second one has high 5*Vaan,5*Cerius,4*Shantotto, but also has seven summon tickets I didn't use - drew those three units and decided to stay pat. If anyone wants to use whichever account I do decide to let go, please let me know.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hrmm. I have a 4* ex death, 4* terra, 5* celes, 4*Garland

Not sure if reroll when the new units come out or not....

Guys, this game isn't that much of a min-max type of game. It's not like you won't be able to beat all content if you don't have a full stable of top tier people. You guys are nuts :)

Guys, this game isn't that much of a min-max type of game. It's not like you won't be able to beat all content if you don't have a full stable of top tier people. You guys are nuts :)

yeah seriously you are already making the game piss easy... hell all the story content can be beaten easily with FP summons

Thats not even counting the Main Characters everyone gets for free

Probably the biggest downside of the game though. They cant balance it to the wide range of power and abilities randomly accessible to each player so its basically super easy for everyone up until you get to the hard Colliseum bosses and challenge bosses

Eidjinn

I guess... you don't need to aim for 5* units, but rather, the top tier units. Go search the internet, but basically it's Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Vaan, Cecil and...Bartz I think.

That said, I got Cloud of Darkness, Vaan and Cecil, and two of them I already upgraded to 4* in... 2 to 3 days. This means that it's easy to level up units.

I guess... you don't need to aim for 5* units, but rather, the top tier units. Go search the internet, but basically it's Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Vaan, Cecil and...Bartz I think.

That said, I got Cloud of Darkness, Vaan and Cecil, and two of them I already upgraded to 4* in... 2 to 3 days. This means that it's easy to level up units.

You should save this for later. Leveling to lvl80 5* is utter hell.

I got the same 3 and they're really great. I'm at the end of the 2nd island and just now things are getting challenge. Low level 4*s. Haven't even tried to power level yet.

Screw that Im just going to use the units they give me.... and hopefully get my favorites and roll with them

Very few bosses even require top tier units

Pejo

Man the magicite grind is real. I've got my first Hero Ring in the oven, but it'll be another day and a half before it's finished. I'm at level 29 finally on 1* Shiva, after a few more runs of Phantom Forest I should have her maxed out. That will make 3/4 of my Espers at 2*. I don't really find any of the current Esper skills to be that great, but it's still extra stats and stuff for my characters.

Gave up on Frost Dragon for the time being. Just really tired of getting my shit pushed in by him. Maybe I just need to find more accessories that offer confuse resist. I didn't think I'd hit any particular walls with my team in consideration, but here I am. I'm not really in a rush though, it's not like I'll be depending on Turbo Ethers anytime soon. Kinda sucks that there's no great "go to" reward for re-doing old Colosseum tiers. I've been doing BEG S-1 for the free magicite at the end, but it's really not a great reward.

Ourobolus

Banned
Managed to take out White Dragon with a sub-40 party easily enough. Just had to get lucky with Paralyze and Bio. Now my Cyan can rock the Murasame.

Lyrian

You should save this for later. Leveling to lvl80 5* is utter hell.

QFE

The xp curve increase for going from 3* to 4* is harsh, and even harsher at 5*.

5* possible units also have an exp curve penalty versus units that do not get 5* awakenings.

There's nothing quite like running ADV vortex and seeing that unit xp bar barely move at all.

elty

I think I really started playing on Sunday. I have already awaken my 2* main character to 4*, and my 3* CoD, Bartz, Kirle to 4*.

From what I see, 3* -> 4* is easy. 4* -> 5* is much slower. However, the chance to get a 5* AND top tier unit is ridiculously low anyways. I think it is unrealistic to aim for multiple 5* top tier units. 4* isn't a huge time saver over 3* so that's not really important.

I will just take top tier 3* over mediocre 5*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom