• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
QFE

The xp curve increase for going from 3* to 4* is harsh, and even harsher at 5*.

5* possible units also have an exp curve penalty versus units that do not get 5* awakenings.

There's nothing quite like running ADV vortex and seeing that unit xp bar barely move at all.

Yeah its pretty grindy which Is why i dont bother vortexing EXP outside of getting the initial levels do they dont die in one hit

QFE

The xp curve increase for going from 3* to 4* is harsh, and even harsher at 5*.

5* possible units also have an exp curve penalty versus units that do not get 5* awakenings.

There's nothing quite like running ADV vortex and seeing that unit xp bar barely move at all.

I usually just bring one unit into the ADV EXP Vortex and use a maxed friend like a Exdeath. Spam Firaga with him and everything dies. Other maxed units should be able to help solo it too. Usually get at least 1 level every run until max even with units like Cecil who has a growth pattern that takes a lot of EXP.

Speaking of growth patterns. You can check them out here: https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Experience_Chart. You can check which units have what pattern on their page on the same site, like Cecil for example: https://exviuswiki.com/Cecil. In the stats section, you can see he is a 4 which means a lot of EXP for each level, especially towards the end. If people have been noticing units leveling up at different rates, this is why.

Nohar

I guess I will make Edgar solo the Vortex from now on. I really want him to unlock Chainsaw (which seems to be Auto-Crossbow on steroids). Too bad he will be stuck at level 60 and rank 4* (although that is all he needs to shine it seems).

I wonder how I should build my Krile though... She can't use Scepters, so it severily limits her damage output, and has lower INT than most mages (she does get Bluff to compensate though).

Too bad Shantotto is stuck to 4* too... *sigh*

As for Rydia, I need to see what she gets in her 5* form.

CCIE

Banned
Oh, I am waiting until tomorrow. I really want Chizuru, and didn't think she would be available this early. Also, I know a lot more about what I like and don't at this point now.

Nohar

White Dragon beaten without paralyze! Woo-hoo!
Edgar and Shantotto kept him poisoned, while Krile and Fina casted Cura on each turn (with Barfira casted every now and then for good measure).

I guess I should complete all the quests I gathered now... #lazy

Visceir

so how do you get those?

Like pay Lapis for summons?

Or use the summon tickets and lapis you've saved up and cross your fingers for a lucky pull. I'm sitting on 8k lapis and 10 summon tickets, spending 3k lapis and the tickets for this seems like a worthwhile thing to do.

My prediction is that many will be disappointed with their pulls, even if there is a rate-up.

Or use the summon tickets and lapis you've saved up and cross your fingers for a lucky pull. I'm sitting on 8k lapis and 10 summon tickets, spending 3k lapis and the tickets for this seems like a worthwhile thing to do.

My prediction is that many will be disappointed with their pulls, even if there is a rate-up.

How do you get summon tickets? I currently can only buy them.. do they have special events to get free tickets ?

Visceir

Is the story in this game any good? I've been jamming on the skip button so far.

Might be better to judge the story in a year from now when significantly more content has been added.

Even though I'm guessing it's not going to exceed your typical jrpg quality with predictable plot twists.

The roaming maps have slowly gotten more interesting in the JP version, with puzzles and "action" scenes being added to the newer ones.

How do you get summon tickets? I currently can only buy them.. do they have special events to get free tickets ?

You got 10 when you started the game. You'll get more from daily login bonuses. There will be events in future that will have summon tickets as rewards most likely.

broz0rs

especially those who haven't played much gatcha based games.

I'm taking a pass on this one. There's just not much content currently to compel me to pull for these new units. They don't exactly seem game-breaking either.

I will ask again.

I currently have so many units, 62/90 spots are taken.

I have so many 1 star rolls and dublicates for these low star units...what is the best use for the units I am not playing with?

shall I just fuse them to the 4 main units I am using?

These are all my units except for the 4 I am using:
4 stars:
Penelo
Bedile

3stars:
Biggs x2
King Giott x2
Shiki x3
Ronaldo
Mel
Shadow
Rydia
Clyne
Anzelm
luna
Magitec armor Terra
Galuf

2 stars:
Rizer lvl 11 and been infused with 5 other Rizers so far.
Tronn
Baurg x4
Gimlee x4
Maxwell x4
Liza x3
wedge
Paul x3
Mizell x2
Sarai x 3
paula
Kenyu
Ollie x3
Carrie x3
Skaha x2

1star
Leah
Eldin x2

smoothj

So I started this game and rerolled a few times until I got a 4* Bedile. I'm up to the castle after the tunnels. I have a few 3* guys like Vaan and some leprechaun guy. Should I stick it out or reroll. I don't want to continue playing if I'm gimped already.

Only fuze duplicates

keep the rest

Make a party from your favorites

Thats about it dude

Once you trust master a junk unit then sell it and do it again

Nohar

Fuse "Friends Gacha" units together. Only fuse units with their duplicates: that way, you will slowly but surely unlock their Trust Mastery reward.
Example: fuse all your Gimlee together.
You will need 20 fusions of the same unit to unlock their reward.

Do NOT fuse Rare Units from "Lapis Gacha", at least not right away. For those, it is better to keep them, in order to farm Trust Mastery with them (something which takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time), then only fuse them to the main one. Your TM gain will be (TM Main unit) + (TM fused unit + 5) + (TM fused unit + 5) + etc.
Example: Let's say you have 3 Rydia. Farm Trust Mastery by using all three of them. Once you reach around 30 Trust with each, fuse them together to unlock her Trust Mastery Reward (30 + (30+5) + (30+5) = 100).

Shouta

If you don't feel like grinding trust, you can always fuse the Lapis Gacha dupes right away and just do it over a long period of time. You'll get a ton of dupes the longer you play the game so you'll eventually get it. That's how I got my Gungnir, a year's worth of dupe Kains, lol

Azuran

Banned
The story (so far) is bland, bad, cliche and uninteresting.
In short: it is trash. Sadly, it is not an exageration.

In JRPG terms, we're barely past the opening so I'm not going to be judging it too hard. I'm not expecting a masterpiece but I'm not going to be calling it trash yet when we have barely seen anything considering this could run for years. FFXI worked the same way with the stories starting out pretty slow but becoming pretty epic later on as more updates were added.

Nohar

In JRPG terms, we're barely past the opening so I'm not going to be judging it too hard. I'm not expecting a masterpiece but I'm not going to be calling it trash yet when we have barely seen anything considering this could run for years. FFXI worked the same way with the stories starting out pretty slow but becoming pretty epic later on as more updates were added.

Hence why I used the words "so far".

Falk

that puzzling face
How are friends refreshed? I think this is the third time today I used Falk :p

I apologize for my truly underpowered MC since I don't reroll. :(

If you don't feel like grinding trust, you can always fuse the Lapis Gacha dupes right away and just do it over a long period of time. You'll get a ton of dupes the longer you play the game so you'll eventually get it. That's how I got my Gungnir, a year's worth of dupe Kains, lol

We already had someone complaining about getting 4 Kains prior to launch...

CCIE

Banned
The secret to leveling 5* units is to solo them with a high level friend unit in the ADV Vortex. With minimal effort I have gotten my Vaan up to 50 in less than a week, while still working through the story content. The grind in this game is real though. It's all about the friend units.

Azuran

Banned
Hence why I used the words "so far".

Still an overstatement considering the situation. I didn't call the story in the original Kingdom Hearts trash when they were stuck in that island in the beginning because I knew more was coming.

Nohar

Still an overstatement considering the situation. I didn't call the story in the original Kingdom Hearts trash when they were stuck in that island in the beginning because I knew more was coming.

It seems you have an issue with me calling this game's story "trash". While I accept that this word may be too strong, you can't argue that what we have seen of the story so far is even remotely interesting. Characters are bland, the world has little to no background, dialogues are corny, and so on.

It may get better, I sure hope so, but as of now, this game's story isn't interesting.

Vex_

Banned
Is it possible that cod can be healed from elemental damage?

I'm noticing she has 50% resistance to everything. This means that with an expert, she hits 100% resistance on any element they use.

If I equip a frost ring , this pushes her over 100% resistance to 110% (with Shiva of course). I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering if she'd be healed by ice damage at that point??????????

It seems you have an issue with me calling this game's story "trash". While I accept that this word may be too strong, you can't argue that what we have seen of the story so far is even remotely interesting. Characters are bland, the world has little to no background, dialogues are corny, and so on.

It may get better, I sure hope so, but as of now, this game's story isn't interesting.

The hook of this game is battling and collecting

Thats where the quality is. Combat and sprites are well done

Everything else.... Is mediocre to bad

But its not like it has stiff competition on my phone. Im enjoying the good parts of it

23 Summoning Tickets to use trying to get some of the original OP ones or chirnhuierhucuhcuzez tomorrow.

Edit: Launch Tickets + 5000 Lapis + Day 7 login.

So far I really "only" have Vaan from the "omg tier".

This games been out for a year in JPN???
The story (so far) is bland, bad, cliche and uninteresting.
In short: it is trash. Sadly, it is not an exageration.
U should go back to the shiva stages and re-read the txt, you're in for a curvaceous surprise

Falk

that puzzling face
Also if you need a Cura ASAP, you can get a staff with inbuilt Cura from trading Star Quartz at the last/hidden town in island 2.

Although if you did get far without a healer I salute you
r friend summon list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom