• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't really appreciate the soundtrack til I played with earbuds in.

Also whats the deal with this - I played advanced quest for the creation one and it was the beginner one but still cost 15 energy.

Nohar

Fina. Maria or Krile for healer?

Krile and Maria both have an healing Limit Break, making them unvaluable early on when you don't have Cura unlocked yet. That also make them shine during Exploration, since you may want to save MP for the boss and/or farming (do note that once your characters reach higher levels and get better equipment, MP isn't really an issue). Comparatively, Fina's LB doesn't heal and does kinda weak damages, although it gets a little better with higher rank. Thus, her LB is the least useful of the three.

Maria is the best healer early on, period, as she is able to unlock Cura at level 16, rank 3*.
Fina is a late bloomer, as she needs to be trained from rank 2* to 4* to unlock Cura, at level 28.
Krile is the worst of the three, since she doesn't get Cura until level 31, rank 4* (issue alleviated if you pulled her at rank 4*).

Now, their usefulness fluctuates greatly with the end game and their ranks:
  • Maria will unlock Rank 5* later. She learns Curaga at level 53, 4*, and doesn't bring anything else notable besides that (Dispel isn't needed much, and Lasswell has a debuffing ability).
  • Fina will be able to reach Rank 6* later, ensuring that she will stay relevant. She also unlocks Curaga, sooner that Maria, at level 53 (rank 4*). She also has her unique ability, Cheer, unlocked at level 72 (5*), which skyrockets her relevance. She also needs much less EXP to gain levels compared to Krile and Maria.
  • Krile will unlock Rank 5* later. She doesn't get Curaga at all in 4*: she will need to wait for her 5* form. Her main asset is Dualcast, learned at level 60, making her incredibly flexible, and potentially the better healer of the three thanks to Cura/Curaga spam. Do note that she has the most ability slots (4), and is able to equip a huge variety of spells (as she has level 5 mastery of White, Black and Green spells), so you can cast a few buffs between heals easily.

CCIE

Banned
I'm still grinding her to Cheer form... but she really makes a big jump when she goes from 4* to 5* from what I've seen

Xion86

Guys, this game isn't that much of a min-max type of game. It's not like you won't be able to beat all content if you don't have a full stable of top tier people. You guys are nuts :)

I know right....haha, I'm sticking with my initial party, doing fine so far and I'm sure the game has a lot to bring still.

Vex_

Banned
Isn't Cheer alone just too strong to pass up?

I've been evaluating cheer for quite some time now... and I can safely say "no".

Cheer's main problem is its mp usage (a whopping 48mp per cast). While it lasts 3 turns, you have to ask yourself: could that have been spent in a better way? For long battles, you'll want fina's role to be that of a healer, not a buffer. (Unless you give her some bar spells)

In the Colosseum, this doesn't matter as battles aren't consecutive. But in boss fights that last longer than 3 turns... well mp is better off saved for cura.

Cheer: 40% atk/def, right? Sounds good? No. Not imho. Most bosses that give you trouble aren't going to be doing so with physical damage output - it will be with elemental damage (example: the white dragon). This will not mitigate magic damage.

All that's left is the 40%atk buff. Attack song has the same effect for less than half the mp (8mp). Then, you have to factor in this only helps with physical attack damage anyways. Your mages are shit out of luck.

I just don't think it's worth it. IMO.

Visceir

I've been evaluating cheer for quite some time now... and I can safely say "no".

Cheer's main problem is its mp usage (a whopping 48mp per cast). While it lasts 3 turns, you have to ask yourself: could that have been spent in a better way? For long battles, you'll want fina's role to be that of a healer, not a buffer. (Unless you give her some bar spells)

In the Colosseum, this doesn't matter as battles aren't consecutive. But in boss fights that last longer than 3 turns... well mp is better off saved for cura.

Cheer: 40% atk/def, right? Sounds good? No. Not imho. Most bosses that give you trouble aren't going to be doing so with physical damage output - it will be with elemental damage (example: the white dragon). This will not mitigate magic damage.

All that's left is the 40%atk buff. Attack song has the same effect for less than half the mp (8mp). Then, you have to factor in this only helps with physical attack damage anyways.

I just don't think it's worth it. IMO.

I'd take a secondary healer if healing is the issue, would still not pass up on Cheer.

Vex_

Banned
I'd take a secondary healer if healing is the issue, would still not pass up on Cheer.

I disagree. I feel like cheer would really only benefit a physical attack based party. Forget healing for a second. It just seems like a waste of mp. There is no need to fill another slot with another healer, when that person could be contributing to DPS somehow. I could use armor break, or even better, full break and get nearly the same effect for 14mp. (30% debuffs across the board while doing damage).

Party composition plays a big role I suppose in getting the most out of cheer. I just don't see it.

Visceir

I disagree. I feel like cheer would really only benefit a physical attack based party. Forget healing for a second. It just seems like a waste of mp. There is no need to fill another slot with another healer, when that person could be contributing to DPS somehow. I could use armor break, or even better, full break and get nearly the same effect for 14mp. (30% debuffs across the board while doing damage).

Party composition plays a big role I suppose in getting the most out of cheer. I just don't see it.

I mean, you could use full break AND cheer, Vaan is rather hard to get though while Fina is a free unit.

In the current state that GL is in an all physical team is generally the way to go anyway, at least until you get access to +10% int materia recipes and higher int rods.

Falk

that puzzling face
So I did a more careful inventory of my current roster:

Rain
Lasswell
Fina

Vivi

Maria

Shantoto
Shantoto

Cerius
Cerius

Sarah
Krile

Sabin
Shadow

I'm kind of at an impasse where if I picked 5 and levelled the shit out of them (esp Shantoto/Maria) the content walls aren't THAT bad, lack of synergy aside. It's just that with the level curve taken into consideration it takes way too much effort for what's essentially going to end up being a stopgap team. (Even grinding TM is far more futureproof)

No way I'm going to attempt to run a Cheer team with Sabin and Shadow - just... no.

I guess I'll go all-in when the new gacha hits later today and see what happens from there. 7k Lapis, 1 ticket.

CCIE

Banned
Visceir,

That is why I'm rolling a new team tomorrow for Chizuru. My current team I am keeping is going to annihilate high level bosses because of Vaan, Fina, and Cerius. But it lacks OOMPH. I think I agree this game in its current form is built more for attacking units than high level mages.

But I have a lot of high-level Ex-Death friends on my list, and the guy seriously kicks ass. Makes my little Shantotto look pretty pathetic in comparison. Though she is approaching that -GA level with her spells now, so hopefully she will be able to keep up soon enough

LucaMac

FYI guys,

Because it seems many people still don't know about this

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv..._you_can_set_your_leader_permanentlyborrowed/

If you are currently leveling your low-level units or farming TM, you can select your default party/leader, so that your friends aren't stuck with your 3* Vaan while actually you have a 5* Exdeath for example..

Thanks for that. I was unaware of being able to set a static party and sometimes when I've been leveling the minnows I've forgotten to swap back.

Visceir

Visceir,

That is why I'm rolling a new team tomorrow for Chizuru. My current team I am keeping is going to annihilate high level bosses because of Vaan, Fina, and Cerius. But it lacks OOMPH. I think I agree this game in its current form is built more for attacking units than high level mages.

But I have a lot of high-level Ex-Death friends on my list, and the guy seriously kicks ass. Makes my little Shantotto look pretty pathetic in comparison. Though she is approaching that -GA level with her spells now, so hopefully she will be able to keep up soon enough

I guess it's generally the barrage skill that makes the physical units a much better choice at this point. A skill that does 320% dmg, coupled with the katana 60+ atk katana you get (or the upcoming next 82 atk sword) and adding in the +40% dmg from cheer can deal massive damage. Mages will have a tough time competing at that point.

Meanwhile with Kefka and his hyperdrive skill (230% ST Magic Attack + Ignore 25% MND) and everyone getting access to +10% int by second continent and hopefully the trial that gives you the +72 int rod mages will finally be able to keep up damage wise.

I guess it might be worthwhile to keep in mind that elemental chains do have a much higher modifier and if you have a team of Vivis dual-casting the same elemental spell then you'd also be able to deal massive damage.

Xion86

Fuse "Friends Gacha" units together. Only fuse units with their duplicates: that way, you will slowly but surely unlock their Trust Mastery reward.
Example: fuse all your Gimlee together.
You will need 20 fusions of the same unit to unlock their reward.

Do NOT fuse Rare Units from "Lapis Gacha", at least not right away. For those, it is better to keep them, in order to farm Trust Mastery with them (something which takes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time), then only fuse them to the main one. Your TM gain will be (TM Main unit) + (TM fused unit + 5) + (TM fused unit + 5) + etc.
Example: Let's say you have 3 Rydia. Farm Trust Mastery by using all three of them. Once you reach around 30 Trust with each, fuse them together to unlock her Trust Mastery Reward (30 + (30+5) + (30+5) = 100).

Thanks for this :) very useful.

CCIE

Banned
Is 99 the max for FP summons? I'm going to have do a few summons to keep from hitting the max soon, though I didn't really want to do so

Visceir

Any idea where's the best place to get "beast meat" and "heaven's ash"?

Beast meat you can probably buy from an NPC in towns. Generally the first roam on the second island is a good place for awakening mats.

Is 99 the max for FP summons? I'm going to have do a few summons to keep from hitting the max soon, though I didn't really want to do so

100,000 FP points should be the max, it's way more than 99 summons.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I gave up rerolling after 3 hours and only one 4 star characters(The 2nd to worst one).

Should I use my lapris on summons? and should I spend my tickets now to get a good summon?

Visceir

I gave up rerolling after 3 hours and only one 4 star characters(The 2nd to worst one).

Should I use my lapris on summons? and should I spend my tickets now to get a good summon?

Tonight new characters will be added with a rate-up, hopefully.

The starting star rating doesn't matter as much as the max they can reach. a 3* char that can reach 5* will most likely be better than a 4* summon that can only go to 4*.

CCIE

Banned
So I shouldn't worry about the little counter for the Summons? I want to wait until after the event so I can fuse the crap out of the little guys...

CCIE

Banned
If there is a rate-up for the new characters that would be great, but I've seen nothing about that. Just that they will be added. My current team has a ton of Lapis and currently nine tickets, but I'm waiting for rate-ups to improve it

jwhit28

If there is a rate-up for the new characters that would be great, but I've seen nothing about that. Just that they will be added. My current team has a ton of Lapis and currently nine tickets, but I'm waiting for rate-ups to improve it

No rate up, just getting added to the list.

Visceir

So I shouldn't worry about the little counter for the Summons? I want to wait until after the event so I can fuse the crap out of the little guys...

Nope. I think it shows the amount of FP you have on the same page where you can do the summons. You might only be at like 20k, with 99 pulls.

scarlet

YQGzjQK.jpg

I can't see my characters

CCIE

Banned
Yeah,

I only use ExDeath as companion to cheese the ADV Experience dungeon. Everything else just feels like cheating with the guy. He's like a damned nuke

jwhit28

Is Fina the only top tier story unit? I have Fran who is like a discount Fina so I'm trying to prioritize characters for awakening. Not gonna lie, I'm just sort of going with units I recognize from the series.

Party
Fran 4*
Anzelm 4*
Penelo 3*
Edgar 3*
Firion 3*

Bench
Shantotto 3*
Cyan 3*
Clyne 3*
Bedile 3*

What would you guys run with those units available?

CCIE

Banned
Party
Fran 4*
Anzelm 4*
Penelo 3*
Edgar 3*
Firion 3*

Bench
Shantotto 3*
Cyan 3*
Clyne 3*
Bedile 3*

I would use Edgar, Firion, Shantotto, and Anselm from that list. Put Lasswell with them. Later on some will get surpassed as always, but that would be my priority. Firion is your best unit

So why do some characters go up to 5* and some max out at 4*? I hate this sorta shit they pull. It makes for a real disparity between characters in the long run.
This is a mobile game, you should expect nothing less from a F2P game. All things considered, a lot of people would actually say they balance this game incredibly well compared to alot of other gachas. The main characters u get for free are all incredible units on their own merit

broz0rs

So I did a more careful inventory of my current roster:

Jeez.. that curse followed you to this game, huh?

this is the shittiest opening roster I've seen in this thread and I applaud you for sticking with it and not rerolling. Hope you're able to land a good unit or two later.

jwhit28

Party
Fran 4*
Anzelm 4*
Penelo 3*
Edgar 3*
Firion 3*

Bench
Shantotto 3*
Cyan 3*
Clyne 3*
Bedile 3*

I would use Edgar, Firion, Shantotto, and Anselm from that list. Put Lasswell with them. Later on some will get surpassed as always, but that would be my priority. Firion is your best unit

Thanks, I knew Firion was great. I didn't know the story characters end up so good, and I thought Shantotto was a FP pull for some reason.

Falk

that puzzling face
Jeez.. that curse followed you to this game, huh?

... I just got to that point, and keeping in mind you get one guaranteed 5*:

moDPalpl.png

FFRKGAF probably having a laugh at my expense.

You should also see my Granblue pulls (although thankfully, in that game you can Start Dash and Surprise Ticket your way into a good roster)

edit: To be fair for context, Vivi and DiZ are great buff units in KHUX. Guess the Dark Angel of Hell governing my bad luck hadn't got the memo at that point that it was medal type and not 3* that was important

I guess it's generally the barrage skill that makes the physical units a much better choice at this point. A skill that does 320% dmg, coupled with the katana 60+ atk katana you get (or the upcoming next 82 atk sword) and adding in the +40% dmg from cheer can deal massive damage. Mages will have a tough time competing at that point.

Meanwhile with Kefka and his hyperdrive skill (230% ST Magic Attack + Ignore 25% MND) and everyone getting access to +10% int by second continent and hopefully the trial that gives you the +72 int rod mages will finally be able to keep up damage wise.

I guess it might be worthwhile to keep in mind that elemental chains do have a much higher modifier and if you have a team of Vivis dual-casting the same elemental spell then you'd also be able to deal massive damage.

What do you mean exactly when you say "access to +10% INT by 2nd continent"?

Hey guys, so this is my main party:

and these are the other units I have that aren't garbage:

Any advice on what I should change? Should I replace one of the units i my party with one of the ones I have shelved?
No, if thats what you have then that's a perfect setup
What do you mean exactly when you say "access to +10% INT by 2nd continent"?
First off, isn't it MP MAG and SPR in this game? He might be talking about the 2nd reward for trophies

Lyrian

Also if you need a Cura ASAP, you can get a staff with inbuilt Cura from trading Star Quartz at the last/hidden town in island 2.

Although if you did get far without a healer I salute you
r friend summon list

Actually, that the exact issue I am facing at the moment.

The Cura staff is way too deep in Lanzelt to realistically get there without someone who innately knows Cura. Alternately, the Cura recipe is 8 full tiers deep in the Colosseum. Good luck getting that far on Cure alone, especially with no friend helper in the Colosseum.

Many mobs in that tier, such as Wyvern, practically mandate the need for Cura if it cannot be one-shotted.

Digging through the unit listings, there is a solution I am going to try out. There is a freebie unit that gets Cura, Anastasis. Going to see if I can clear the ice areas legitimately without exploiting that spoiler for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom