• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digging through the unit listings, there is a solution I am going to try out. There is a freebie unit that gets Cura, Anastasis. Going to see if I can clear the ice areas legitimately without exploiting that spoiler for a change.
Theres literally no reason not to bring someone though. They dont even take away XP

I have 4 units at or ready to awaken and only 4 sacred crystals fml.

I would honestly just pay money to get more. Though I guess that's what energy refills do.

Lyrian

Theres literally no reason not to bring someone though. They dont even take away XP

True, but it doesn't feel right. When the difficulty of the general game catches up the 5*s as baseline characters, that logic isn't going to fly anymore.

Anyways, apparently Fina learns Cura innately halfway through her 4* form. That should make the rest of the trip through Lanzelt mostly painless.

Lyrian

I have 4 units at or ready to awaken and only 4 sacred crystals fml.

I would honestly just pay money to get more. Though I guess that's what energy refills do.

As others have said in the thread, Awaken INT vortex. It's not that painful at all.

Painful is leveling a 5* to 80, or trying to actually find 10 Hungers to kill for Earth Key #4.

True, but it doesn't feel right. When the difficulty of the general game catches up the 5*s as baseline characters, that logic isn't going to fly anymore.

Anyways, apparently Fina learns Cura innately halfway through her 4* form. That should make the rest of the trip through Lanzelt mostly painless.
Oh no I totally get that part. Had to learn the hard right way with the Murasame battle but thats also y I plan on rerolling bc I might as well reroll while I have the chance to get top tiers for free

Valus

Is leveling a 5* to 80 really all that painful? I have a 5* Zidane on my friend list and every day that dude is soaring up levels, I just used him and he's 76, yesterday he was like 70 or something. Wouldn't be surprised if he's 80 tomorrow...I wish I could contact him and ask how he's leveling up so fast.

Faenix1

Not sure if this has been stated but..

am I too late to get the pre-launch content - if any? I signed up when it was in pre-launch, or whatever, with my email address and I now have an Iphone 5c (my first smart phone) do I just sign up with the same email address used at prelaunch or am I too late now?

(I don't recall ever getting any FF brave emails)

People know that not pulling 5* is ok, right?

It's about unit....not *'s.

Is leveling a 5* to 80 really all that painful? I have a 5* Zidane on my friend list and every day that dude is soaring up levels, I just used him and he's 76, yesterday he was like 70 or something. Wouldn't be surprised if he's 80 tomorrow...I wish I could contact him and ask how he's leveling up so fast.

he's probably just farming the living hell out of the Exp dungeon. and yes. leveling to 80 is a pain in the ass.

Not sure if this has been stated but..

am I too late to get the pre-launch content - if any? I signed up when it was in pre-launch, or whatever, with my email address and I now have an Iphone 5c (my first smart phone) do I just sign up with the same email address used at prelaunch or am I too late now?

(I don't recall ever getting any FF brave emails)
You didn't have to pre register. In fact u can keep on restarting the game to get those 10 tix if u don't get what u want. Check the first post in the thread mate

Lyrian

Zidane is XP tier 4, which at 5* requires 1.1 million XP to reach 80. Either the Zidane is decked out enough to solo ADV vortex (at 30k XP each run), or that guy is chewing through lapis like crazy. Possibly both.

If he can solo it, then that is roughly 1 level per run up to 70ish, and only requires 2 runs per level for the last handful of levels.

Exp dungeon ADV solo with Zidane + friend. Easy 30,000+ exp. Basically a guaranteed level up each time.

mikemandey

Not that hard.. If you bring only ONE unit to ADV exp vortex. Exp is shared between all of your units btw.

Bring a friend's unit who can solo ADV exp vortex. A maxed ExDeath will breeze through that vortex easily, for example.

dennism

is it just me, or do this game hard crash a lot on iOS? had maybe 10 crashes within 24 hours, does it happen on the jp version too?

elty

I am trying to use Nox to reroll. I tried the multiplayer thing but the game just ask me to "Login again" when there are multiple instances. How do you get that to work? Do you need separate google account for each instance?

fionel

is it just me, or do this game hard crash a lot on iOS? had maybe 10 crashes within 24 hours, does it happen on the jp version too?

Wow, this happened to me in the JP version within the first month after its release but it was fixed in the first or second update. It would crash in the middle of a quest and back then it didnt save your progress so I would lose the stamina I spent on the quest upon restart.

Since then it hasnt really crashed anymore and I would assume they have sorted that out for the global release.

EDarkness

My game hasn't crashed at all and I've put in quite a few hours into it so far. It's logged me out a few times, but I hasn't hard crashed yet. I guess I'm lucky. Whew.

Does anyone know where I can get phoenix downs? These crappy bombs keep killing my characters and I wouldn't mind that if I could buy phoenix downs.

Li Kao

Ok, it's pointless ocd question time boys ! Rejoice ! ;-)

I started the game some days ago and just now resumed playing and, yeah, I'm a little lost. So could some kind soul tell me why the fuck the characters have visited the
earth temple (?)
and what did they find or didn't find there ?
Oh and about the first esper, I think I recall it being
famous for attacking people but if memory serves it was to test them and she says to the heroes that only they can save the world, no ? And she didn't fucking say what was this world saving thing ?

I know, pointless, but I just stopped playing long enough for the whole thing to feel annoyingly alien.

Oh and I just remembered I could give 'food' to my esper to make it gain levels... Are any materials ok or should I feed her only some particuler stuff ? Oh and the powers unlocked in the process, they are passive, right ?

fester

Banned
Any opinions on Vivi vs Shantotto for filling the mage role on my team? Does dual cast black magic (Vivi) work out better in the long run than having the -ga spells? I'm not counting on my luck to pull anything better for a while, so just want to make the most of it.

Can we actually get enough Skill Points to unlock everything on the Esper's grid?

Not sure, but I hear it's best to aim for skills especially the ones on the 2* grids because you only get about 1% of the espers stats when equipped.
It's more important for skills bc u cant actually ever respec so you get what u get. Best to choose wisely, never know what skill u may need

Lyrian

Ok, it's pointless ocd question time boys ! Rejoice ! ;-)

I started the game some days ago and just now resumed playing and, yeah, I'm a little lost. So could some kind soul tell me why the fuck the characters have visited the
earth temple
(?)

Oh and I just remembered I could give 'food' to my esper to make it gain levels... Are any materials ok or should I feed her only some particuler stuff ? Oh and the powers unlocked in the process, they are passive, right ?

1) Its the opening scene of the game. Rain and Lasswell are on a mission/patrol/whatever on an airship, when they both see a vision of a girl trapped in a crystal begging them to come to the
Earth Temple
to prevent the
earth crystal
from being destroyed. Rain, being highly impulsive and easily persuaded by women, diverts from whatever the planned mission was to investigate.

There, they get their asses kicked by a typical JRPG-troped armored man in black who easily destroys the
earth crystal.

Rain then decided that they need more power to get revenge for their loss by gaining powers from espers (and visions via Lasswell, because gacha). Esper dialogue is standard textbook "fight me to gain my power to assist you in saving the world" stuff that has existed in every FF since the dawn of time.

2) Espers require magicite to level up (magicite shards, magicite, megacite). They will only accept those types of items for leveling up. They have their own skill grid where you purchase abilities and stat bonuses for them (which carry over to the character that equips the esper) via stat points earned by leveling up. Grid selections are permanent, so be sure in the direction you want to go on the grid before investing skill points.

Li Kao

1) Its the opening scene of the game. Rain and Lasswell are on a mission/patrol/whatever on an airship, when they both see a vision of a girl trapped in a crystal begging them to come to the
Earth Temple
to prevent the
earth crystal
from being destroyed. Rain, being highly impulsive and easily persuaded by women, diverts from whatever the planned mission was to investigate.

There, they get their asses kicked by a typical JRPG-troped armored man in black who easily destroys the
earth crystal.

Rain then decided that they need more power to get revenge for their loss by gaining powers from espers (and visions via Lasswell, because gacha). Esper dialogue is standard textbook "fight me to gain my power to assist you in saving the world" stuff that has existed in every FF since the dawn of time.

2) Espers require magicite to level up (magicite shards, magicite, megacite). They will only accept those types of items for leveling up. They have their own skill grid where you purchase abilities and stat bonuses for them (which carry over to the character that equips the esper) via stat points earned by leveling up. Grid selections are permanent, so be sure in the direction you want to go on the grid before investing skill points.

Thanks a lot, memory was clearly lacking about some points !
Annnnd... shit, I already bought two stat grid for my esper ( '°0°)

Can you at least buy every abilities for an esper or is there a definite choice to be made even among those ?

Lyrian

Ok, so I reached the
Snow Dragon
boss.

Without exploiting a overpowered friend, attempting that boss legitimately as originally intended is not going to happen without someone knowing Cura (either Fina or Anastatis). The sheer tankiness of the boss, let alone with the multiple high damage attacks per round mandates someone chain casting Cura
(as well as someone else to use smelling salts to dispel the confusion attacks)

That was a seriously solid skill check by the game. Good times were achieved there.

Lyrian

Thanks a lot, memory was clearly lacking about some points !
Annnnd... shit, I already bought two stat grid for my esper ( '°0°)

Can you at least buy every abilities for an esper or is there a definite choice to be made even among those ?

That's not bad enough to be permanently damaging.

See the following link for pictures of the fully developed skill grids for each esper once awakened to their 2* forms.

Esper List

Not enough points to go around. You'll make to make some decisions on which development path to take each esper in the long run.

broz0rs

Do you use an older device? Often times for iOS, it's less about the operating system and more about the phone itself. I used to crash heavily on similar games until I got a newer device.

Rixa

Hey guys, so this is my main party:

and these are the other units I have that aren't garbage:

Any advice on what I should change? Should I replace one of the units i my party with one of the ones I have shelved?

I see you have Krile (she will learn Cura). Kick Edgar out and replace with Krile. She learns Dualcast at 4* 60 level which means you can cast Cura twice in one turn.

Farm it in chamber of awakening INT

I got 17 yesterday

I just wanted to fast burn my NRG before 2 hour maintenance (which will last more than 2). So made 4 runs at Int Awaken Vortex.
Result was whopping 0 Sacred Crystals :). Iam not needing those at the moment (got 27 SC in inventory). But I should have tomorrow 12 tix ready to get 12 super units so I know I will need a lot of SCs soon.

Or then I get 10 Shadows, 1 Russel and 1 Galuf in 12 summons...

blackflag

What's the best nrg to rank exp ratio?
The dragon that opens up in vortex seems pretty good and is a quick kill but is something better? It's 250 xp for 10 nrg and I can kill him on 3 turns, occasionally 2.

Just started playing 2 days ago, question:

Should I max out the trust on my units before awakening them? Or does the trust lvl carry over after awakening?

Xion86

I'm on my iPad Air 2, lots of crashes here! But the good thing is that you get straight back in quite quick.

Dragner

The game crashes for me when I try to get all the friend gifts in the morning. I have like 50+ and have to manually pick them.

Rixa

The game crashes for me when I try to get all the friend gifts in the morning. I have like 50+ and have to manually pick them.

I have maxed friend list (130), it takes some clicking to receive and then send them one by one. Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the maintenance that is going now and should soon(tm) end.

Dandte

Blue Crystal Shadow dupe
Blue Crystal Cyan dupe
Orange Crystal ( :DDD) my fckng Third Maria from an orange Crystal

ok now the game is trolling me

Blue Crystal
turns into
Orange Crystal.....Krile dupe
Blue Crystal Shadow dupe

Really wanted Kefka :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.