• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Some of you guys are damn lucky!

I'm going to keep my tickets and lapis for few months down the line and see what pops up, my luck has been fairly crap. Anyway I'm happy with my team so far, getting through the story fine and the Adv Vortex / Colosseum. The white dragon might be a problem though for now.

My party is:

4* Lasswell
4* Rain
4* Kain
4* Rydia
4* Maria

I'll be getting them all to 5* anyway, just will take a bit of time, but I play everyday as I'm fairly addicted to this haha.

Got friends slots open still (I'm rank 17 and a half so far): 518 334 204.

I Used up all my tickets and some lapis when I started, only made a couple of mistakes, but already linked to my main Facebook. Happy with what I have for now and just going to keep progressing and see how things go :)

Oh, whoever Rudeboy is here that I added a while back, you're a bad ass and helped a lot so far! Keep going dude (how did you rank up so high?!).

Crescende

Banned
I feel like a lot of the melee guys are comparable

At a certain point you should just build a team you love to look at

This. I dont get the reroll hazzle. We all secretly know that in a year from now, all teams will have Cloud/Sephiroth/Aerith/tier1characterfromjapanesewiki/mostrecentreleasedunit + sephiroth friend unit

Pulled a Kefka, seems like a no-brainer to swap him in for Rydia. I also got a Zidane - figured it'd be worth putting him in for Steal, but who would be better to replace: Sabin or Kain? Thanks :3

Xion86

This. I dont get the reroll hazzle. We all secretly know that in a year from now, all teams will have Cloud/Sephiroth/Aerith/tier1characterfromjapanesewiki/mostrecentreleasedunit + sephiroth friend unit

Haha this! I'm waiting out on some FF7 characters too :p. I don't get starting over all the time, I've put a lot into this so far lol, levelling my units, the story, items I've picked and colosseum progress. Just a lot of time each day. I love the progression.

Okay did 3 pulls this morning and got a Kefka...Cecil :) and Shadow (boo). So now I have those three plus Exdeath, Bartz, Fran, Rydia and Sabin as my rares. What should my team consist of? Exdeath I would say is obvious but who else? Rain or Lasswell?

Valentus

Usted all my tickets and lapis saved for this moment..... 40 summons

11 golbez (all 3 star lol)
6 kefka (one 5star and two 4star)
2 chizuru (one 5star)
1 cecil
1 terra
1 cod

The rest trash... SEVEN FUCKING FRAN MY GOD GUMI

so to my friend that added me in the game (nomidor) i changed my vaan for my kefka because i already unlocked shantotto's mag+30 and im gonna now for golbez meteor.

CCIE

Banned
Holy crap, I cannot roll a Chizuru to save my life, and then ...I just got a bunch in one roll. I just no crap rolled 3 Chizuru's, and 3 Shantotto's in the same roll. I also rolled two Golbez, a Kuja, and Krile as well

Part of me thinks it would be hilarious to roll out three Chizuru's in my lineup with a couple Shatotto's, or Shantotto and Krile backing them up. Train up the mains with Kuja, and Golbez in the background. I might just keep this roll - only problem is not a single unit can use anything but swords, daggers, katanas, and staffs or rods.

I wouldn't be able to use any of the lovely axes and stuff you pick up

Some of you guys are damn lucky!

I'm going to keep my tickets and lapis for few months down the line and see what pops up, my luck has been fairly crap. Anyway I'm happy with my team so far, getting through the story fine and the Adv Vortex / Colosseum. The white dragon might be a problem though for now.

My party is:

4* Lasswell
4* Rain
4* Kain
4* Rydia
4* Maria

I'll be getting them all to 5* anyway, just will take a bit of time, but I play everyday as I'm fairly addicted to this haha.

Got friends slots open still (I'm rank 17 and a half so far): 518 334 204.

I Used up all my tickets and some lapis when I started, only made a couple of mistakes, but already linked to my main Facebook. Happy with what I have for now and just going to keep progressing and see how things go :)

Oh, whoever Rudeboy is here that I added a while back, you're a bad ass and helped a lot so far! Keep going dude (how did you rank up so high?!).
Glad I could help! (I'm Rudeboy). I should be a little more helpful in the future too. Just pulled six times and 3 of those where Golbez, Vaan and CoD. By far the luckiest I've been since I started. Still have 11,000 lapis and I'm tempted to blow it all, but I know I shouldn't.

I've been playing since soft launch so that's why my rank is high. I grind that when I have nothing else to do.

Arkeband

Banned
Is there any reason to hold onto friend summon points?

The banner thing says "rare summons for a limited time", are the points going away or are they removing the chance for the summons to be rare?

Li Kao

2x gacha pulls, I won't bitch about obtaining a lesser 4 stars, promise !
- Obtained 2x 3 stars -
WELL OK, fuck you too !

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
2x gacha pulls, I won't bitch about obtaining a lesser 4 stars, promise !
- Obtained 2x 3 stars -
WELL OK, fuck you too !

The amount of stars the hero has doesn't really matter, there are plenty of top-tier units that you can pull at 3 star.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just did a few pulls.. fucking 3 clynes in a row, wtf.

edit: man, all in all I got trolled pretty bad. 18 pulls gave me 4 clynes, 4 shadows, a single 4-star pull of fucking Russel, and on my very last pull at least Kefka.

CCIE

Banned
I'm going to keep re-rolling until I get closer to my dream team. 3 Chizuru's though... I'll keep it on the side just in case

This game is what I wanted Record Keeper to be. I've never really liked any gacha games at all, but I'm pretty into this one. Very surprised at how good this is!

wilstreak

i am not sure about building a balanced team.
Looking at this https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

i just found that Leo is included in the Top 10. Is it better to substitute Lasswell/Rain with him?
Does it make sense to build a team like this Lasswell/Rain, Leo, Golbez, Kefka, Roselia/Maria ?

Btw,
I hope we got the bonues Tier 2 ASAP
More re-roll means more point goes to the tier, right?

Coppanuva

i just found that Leo is included in the Top 10. Is it better to substitute Lasswell/Rain with him?
Does it make sense to build a team like this Lasswell/Rain, Leo, Golbez, Kefka, Roselia/Maria ?

Btw,

Yeah that looks like a good team to me. I'd go Lasswell over Rain personally. GOlbez and Kefka as 2 attack mages, Roselia/Maria as your healers should work nicely.

MKAllDay

I got multiple Golbez and a Kefka. Does it make sense to run with both Golbez in attempt to make a mage team with the double Golbez and Kefka, or is it better to just use one Golbez and better diversify my party with other characters?

The mage party would be Vaan (Focus and Full Break would be great for the mages), Fina, Golbez, Golbez, Kefka.

linkent

Vaan is easily replaceable by Rain down the line, don't worry about him. Cecil and ExDeath are future proof and you should be thrilled to have them

know that, just that Vann will definitely last for quite a while. and we wont be getting 6* Rain anytime soon.
Anyway are the early events are harder than the white dragon?
Gumi need to push out event soon.
Already crafted 8 Hero's Ring now >.<

Btw,

If you mean Tier 2 registration bonus, dont think we gonna get that anymore as the registration period has been passed.

Vamphuntr

what's the easiest way to level up quickly. I'm doing the chamber of experience but it's costly NRG wise. Currently using Vaan, Fina, Leo, Shantotto and Celes at 4*. Working on maxing them to get to 5*.

Ourobolus

Banned
what's the easiest way to level up quickly. I'm doing the chamber of experience but it's costly NRG wise. Currently using Vaan, Fina, Leo, Shantotto and Celes at 4*. Working on maxing them to get to 5*.

There are two ways:

- Send 1 character with a strong Friend (ExDeath w/ -aga spells) into the ADV experience chamber
- Take a party and grind out the Passageway or the Swamp. The XP-per-NRG rate is pretty good there. Technically the Mountain and Ruins are better, but it takes longer and the enemies are more difficult.

scarlet

Go Solo with a 5* exdeath companion. Take all those 30k exp for one unit.

Vamphuntr

There are two ways:

- Send 1 character with a strong Friend (ExDeath w/ -aga spells) into the ADV experience chamber
- Take a party and grind out the Passageway or the Swamp. The XP-per-NRG rate is pretty good there. Technically the Mountain and Ruins are better, but it takes longer and the enemies are more difficult.

Go Solo with a 5* exdeath companion. Take all those 30k exp for one unit.

I've been doing the solo thing but pass level 40 it's like 1-2 level each time. It's really slow :(

Ourobolus

Banned
I've been doing the solo thing but pass level 40 it's like 1-2 level each time. It's really slow :(

Yeah, depending on a unit's growth rate it can take longer than you'd expect. Still, it's the fastest way at this point, short of grinding FP and hoping for Cactuars.

mikemandey

Pulled a CoD again... So I have two now.

I guess using two CoDs in the same party won't hurt?

CoD, CoD, Vaan, Roselia, Kefka

I'll use Kefka since he can inflict status effects (poison,silence, blind).

Another maxed 5* units I have are Kuja, Terra, Celes, Miyuki, Laswell, Rain.

Pulled 5 or 6 times this morning, got a 3* Golbez and Kefka... got a 4* Rydia (but I already grinded a 3* rydia up to 4 earlier this week lol so I guess yay for trust meter). Time to level some people up except its Gil Snapper weekend

draw4wild

My team has been max lvl Exdeath, Rain, Lasswell, Fina, and Edgar. Just pulled a Terra and Golbez. Thinking to replace Edgar with Terra? Should Golbez replace Lasswell?

Best way to gain exp for your characters ? any good farm runs?
I could always run Chamber of Experience but maybe there is something better than that will also give me loot drops?

Any good advice on which characters to use in my fireteam

Cyan, Shadow, rydia, vivi, sabin, fina, penelo, fran, Kain

I am currently using
Vivi, sabin, fina, kain, fran.

Thinking of kicking Fran...

Lockon

34 pulls....5* Kefka, 5* Cecil, 4x 3* Golbez, 3* Kefka + other units: Kuja, Edgar, Sabin, Kain, Shadow, Maria, a bunch of Fran, Vivi, Luna, and scrubs.

Happy I got Cecil, but wanted Chizuru too :(

Kouriozan

I was grinding TMs with Nox but even then it takes ages.
I'm just going to level my Kefka/Golbez/Roselia so they can join my main team with Exdeath and Firion.

Li Kao

I just mistakenly activated the PRO exp dungeon course.
And I mistakenly played it with my green B-team.
It was a painful realization.

I just mistakenly activated the PRO exp dungeon course.
And I mistakenly played it with my green B-team.
It was a painful realization.

I ran ADV Exp with a maxed out Vaan because I forgot to awaken him.

Oops.

I was grinding TMs with Nox but even then it takes ages.
I'm just going to level my Kefka/Golbez/Roselia so they can join my main team with Exdeath and Firion.

You got a guide for this?

elty

I am running

Bartz
Rain
Lass
CoD
Kirle

Who should I drop for Kefka? I am thinking Bartz as he sucks right now at 4*. I will still leave him in the exp party.

Z3M0G

Sooooo... does the story have any redeeming qualities?

The presentation for the game is off the charts... it would be a shame if it is just a run-of-the-mill gotcha game in the end...

Edit: Shit, how big is this patch?? I'm at work and would need to download over data... it's stupid that it doesn't tell you how large the update is so you can decide if you want to allow it or not...

First time rolling almost since the beta began (I don't even have any Cyan, Shadow, etc.).
Asking the missus to roll because she has stupid luck with these things.
First roll: Rainbow crystal (Cloud of Darkness 5*).
I should have her buy lottery tickets!

Edit: Second roll: Kefka(3*). I can dig that!

Third roll: Anzelm (which I already had). At that point we decided to stop until tomorrow to let whatever magic it is recharge. :D

CCIE

Banned
Which of these two parties should I use - I'm leaning toward party one at the moment? ... Chizuru(4*), Bartz(4*), Vivi(4*), and the two mains. I also pulled another Chizuru, multiple Golbez, Galuf, and Rydia to train in the background. I'm thinking it will be this party, though I really could care less about the characters in the background. I could wreck shop with the two mains, Bartz, Chizuru who all have counter, and two of which have barrage. Vivi with dual cast of the black magic in a turn. Can't steal and no tank. However, I should wipe the floor with the a lot of the enemies. And steal is over-rated so far from what I've seen.

Or my girl power party... 3 Chizuru(4*), Shantotto(4*),Krile(4*) Train up the mains, Kuja, and Golbez in the background. Work at the TMR for Chizuru, then sub in the mains when she merges into one character. I really like Kuja at a high level but not before that. Shantotto caps out magic-wise before Vivi does. However I have three of her, and her TMR is Magic +30. So with party two, I have the ability to truly train up TMR for both Chizuru and Shantotto. Will still take awhile to do so, but not even close to as long as it would for party one. Then transfer the TMR from Shantotto to Kuja, and wait for possible rate-ups for more damage dealers on the front line in the future.

Faenix1

Did all my summons, not sure if I should of, but I got:

-5* Bartz
-4* Cyan
-4* Sabin
-4* Shadow
-3* Bedile
-3* Penelo
2x -3* Fran
-3* Clyne
-3* Zidane
-3* Kefka