• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

Gacha or not, it is a JRPG.

Now, of course, if someone dislikes gachas, then one should avoid playing games with those. Heck, I dislike gacha, and I am adamant about never spending a dime for games which use it (reading about F2P games and how they push the consumer to just spend more and more money is very interesting).
Still, the game is enjoyable, though I will drop it in a blink of an eye and without any regrets if I read about scummy tactics (like DeNa with FFRK: never forget the FFT event... and, well, the game wasn't that fun to begin with anyway).

PSA People: Stop worrying about units with steal! There is a recipe for steal in the game right now https://exviuswiki.com/Steal

The reason anyone gives a shit about Zidane or Vaan isn't for steal. Zidane had the trust mastery for duel wield which may be like the best TM ever and Vaan has full break which is the best debuff in Global atm but Rain will get it in 6* in the future so don't fret

Azuran

Banned
Okay, I'm going to need to kick Kain or Celes out for Kefka. Looking at the tier list, Celes is way better but that's going to leave me with only Bartz as my only decent physical attacker. Celes has more roles but she lags behind in attack power :/

What to do.

I did 12 pulls and got Vaan, Firion, Golbez and Kefka x2. Great additions.

I've been playing since soft launch and have the following, non-FS, units:
aE2v7shm.jpg
91Seqibm.jpg

I'm thinking that a good team going forward will be: Cecil, Firion, Vaan, Kefka, Golbez / Krile / Fina. Thoughts?

I did 12 pulls and got Vaan, Firion, Golbez and Kefka x2. Great additions.

I've been playing since soft launch and have the following, non-FS, units:
aE2v7shm.jpg
91Seqibm.jpg

I'm thinking that a good team going forward will be: Cecil, Firion, Vaan, Kefka, Golbez / Krile / Fina. Thoughts?
Keep Kefka, swap out a Golbez for Fina. You have a physical team, fina will do extra wonders for u with cheer activated

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, I'm going to need to kick Kain or Celes out for Kefka. Looking at the tier list, Celes is way better but that's going to leave me with only Bartz as my only decent physical attacker. Celes has more roles but she lags behind in attack power :/

What to do.

There's no content you wouldn't smash either way, so...

You may not like them, but gacha games like Brave Exvius are JRPGs by every definition of the term.

You can be as technical and pedantic about it as you want, but gacha games, like Dark Souls, are not what most people refer to when they mean JRPG as a genre, rather than literally "an RPG made in Japan".

lol this game is a JRPG as it gets. Gatcha doesn't invalidate a genre.

Gacha is a genre in itself, a very defined one at that as I said above. Most people have certain expectations about JRPGs regarding plot, linearity, exploration, etc. that gacha games simply skip. Exvius certainly goes further than most gachas to add a bit of all of these which is pretty cool, but to deny that anyone expecting a traditional JRPG would probably find it quite different to that idea is, IMHO, naive.

And BTW, I don't mean it not being a JRPG as anything against it. After all, I am playing it instead of any JRPG.

Celegus

The freebie ticket got me a 3* Anzelm. Not sure if I should blow the 5 summons I have in Lapis for any of the new guys or wait for a discount.

Discount? Like a summon costs less lapis?

I'm pretty sure they accidentally also bumped up the rate of 4* Shadow, jerks.

Takuan

In JPN there have been rare lapis summoning discounts to 250 I believe

Yeah, people in here have mentioned a half-rate pull promo - I have no idea if or when they'll ever do it for Global, however.

Turns out I have 7 pulls' worth and maybe 8 by the end of tonight. Maybe I just do it, my team needs new blood.

Folstern

Will be amusing to watch the reactions to people here when it is confirmed that JP gets Kefka 6* and he'll be the top tier best mage again, lol.

Kefka will most likely be your best mage character for the next 2 - 3 months. I'd even be down for running a whole team of Kefkas if only there was more good mage gear in game.
I decided to trust your knowledge and try for Kefka and I pulled a 5* version on my second pull. Thanks!

broz0rs

So there's a "Vortex of Trials" that's available now and the first round is the White Dragon. The same one that gives you Murasame at the Farplane. I was able to beat it, and expected another round to open up, but that's it! There's nothing else it seems.

Valentus

In JPN there have been rare lapis summoning discounts to 250 I believe

only 1st summon of the day is discounted to 250 lapis every day.

So there's a "Vortex of Trials" that's available now and the first round is the White Dragon. The same one that gives you Murasame at the Farplane. I was able to beat it, and expected another round to open up, but that's it! There's nothing else it seems.

the vortex opens at the moment you defeat the dragon first time.

quick 200 exp for 10 energy. Still fighting an esper is best fast way to exp (500 exp for 15 energy)

broz0rs

the vortex opens at the moment you defeat the dragon first time.

quick 200 exp for 10 energy. Still fighting an esper is best fast way to exp (500 exp for 15 energy)

oh thanks! I thought it was too much of a coincidence because I defeated the Farplane version an hour ago haha

c-murph

no 7, no 8, no 10.

Alim is waiting to release them when the game is at its peak of popularity i think to cash like madness.

Would make sense. Make the character increasing better than the last set. People be whaling hard on their CCs for them all.

Faenix1

I used to have a 5* Bartz, but I stupidly lost that roll, but I just got a 3* Vaan in 8 tries so I got 4 tickets left. Is this a keeper roll and I can now finally start actually playing? lol

(Only been rolling on and off not constant, thankfully)

Valentus

I used to have a 5* Bartz, but I stupidly lost that roll, but I just got a 3* Vaan in 8 tries so I got 4 tickets left. Is this a keeper roll and I can now finally start actually playing? lol

Roll until you get a Chizuru or a ExDeath and you are cool to go on.

Vaan is not incredibly future proof like Bartz CoD Chizeru or ExDeath tbh

Primus

10 pulls via tickets and Lapis, none of the new units. Did get a 3* Terra, 2 more Kriles, another Shantotto and a 4* Kain, so not horrible.

Finished the dailies and got enough Lapis for one more pull, 3* Kefka. Not the Chizuru I wanted but I'll take it.

elty

Does anyone have this problem? I download Facebook to Nox but it just crash everytime it launch. So I do the manual login to reroll, but after doing it a few times Facebook just locked out my account.

Lyrian

Story mode clear in 8 days using only the freebie units and only natural energy. Could have shaved a day or two off that if I hadn't farmed for a few trust levels on the main characters while they were still low rarity.

Final boss was way too lackluster and significantly easier than the previous boss (because "story" reasons) /eyeroll

Serious letdown.

On the other hand, I fell out of my chair the first time I heard
this game's version of the chocobo theme
. Good stuff.

Welp, time to grind mats and the Colosseum once the last explorations are cleared in short order. Might treat myself to actually pulling the gacha in this game.

killatopak

Gold Member
So I noticed there are new chars. Chizuru worth it? Got her 4* in my reroll.

I also got 3* kefka and golbez and around 5 sabins. Should I go for it or keep rerolling?

Edit: I also have a roll with 2 4* golbez and a 3* kefka.

NomarTyme

Damn I stuck between choosing Leo or Zidane? Zidane Trust mastery is pretty damn good but Leo is rank is higher because he is a pretty good tank. I can't decide. Appreciate any advice.

Kettch

Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Rinoa, Tidus and Yuna 6star base units.

Alim: Let the cash flow!!!

Yeah, it's smart to hold them back until the game is out for a while. They want people spending money for their favorite characters rather than rerolling for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom