• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Did all my summons, not sure if I should of, but I got:

-5* Bartz
-4* Cyan
-4* Sabin
-4* Shadow
-3* Bedile
-3* Penelo
2x -3* Fran
-3* Clyne
-3* Zidane
-3* Kefka
-3* Anzelm

-1* Tronn

Should I keep or re-roll? Was it bad I used all my lapiz and tickets? lol

You have a couple good units there, but given the fact that you can still re-roll with the 10 tickets for the time being, you could probably do better. I think most people have been settling in after pulling at least 2-3 top tier units. You have Bartz which is good, Kefka who is ok, but nothing else of note. Zidane's trust mastery is great, but you're a long ways off from that. Just my 2c.

I hate sitting on tickets and lapis, I just want to pull. I am going to be strong and wait until there's a really good unit, or a unit I just want because I like them (Locke). It's tough.

You have a couple good units there, but given the fact that you can still re-roll with the 10 tickets for the time being, you could probably do better. I think most people have been settling in after pulling at least 2-3 top tier units. You have Bartz which is good, Kefka who is ok, but nothing else of note. Zidane's trust mastery is great, but you're a long ways off from that. Just my 2c.

I hate sitting on tickets and lapis, I just want to pull. I am going to be strong and wait until there's a really good unit, or a unit I just want because I like them (Locke). It's tough.

Im burning everythingi have for the Locke release for sure

Dawg

I see a lot of people equip their mage characters with ATK/DEF gear. Aren't you supposed to focus on MAG/MP?

Like, I equipped my Kefka with MAG/MP gear so now I have lower defense and attack than my physical units but his MAG and MP are around 160 and he's only level 35 (5* though).

I see a lot of people equip their mage characters with ATK/DEF gear. Aren't you supposed to focus on MAG/MP?

Like, I equipped my Kefka with MAG/MP gear so now I have lower defense and attack than my physical units but his MAG and MP are around 160 and he's only level 35 (5* though).

You kind of have to progress further into the game to get the good mage gear i guess?

Pejo

I know for me, personally, I am at the "grind out materials and magicite" phase of the game, and I'm assuming a lot of soft-launch players are. 90% of my fights are just pressing the Auto button, so when I look at characters on my friends list, I just grab whichever one I see closest to the top of the page with over 180 attack.

I'm sure it's nice to have strong mages for certain things down the road, but right now I just don't need them, and I'm not going to waste the time swiping right and selecting a spell when I can just auto right through every encounter.

The one exception for this is for when I do avatar level 2 fights, I always bring a Vaan since I don't have one natively.

Hell most times I pick a 240 attack Lasswell over a whatever MAG stat Exdeath.

wilflare

hmm is it advised to max out dupes before fusing them for Trust Masters?
or fusing for Trust Masters can happen anytime?
---

did anyone buy the Early Bird bundle?
---

used all my tickets + Lapis - no Chizuru

Shouta

Sooooo... does the story have any redeeming qualities?

The presentation for the game is off the charts... it would be a shame if it is just a run-of-the-mill gotcha game in the end...

Edit: Shit, how big is this patch?? I'm at work and would need to download over data... it's stupid that it doesn't tell you how large the update is so you can decide if you want to allow it or not...

The story picks up more from the 2nd continent on, especially when you start getting more characters and they start addressing some questions.

I'm actually wondering who my leader should be when all my characters are maxed. Who would you guys prefer from Exdeath, Chizuru and Vaan ? Or should I just swap them out from time to time.

Man, i really want a chizuru. My team os in such need of a good DD. Just afraid ill get all mages out of my 14 pulls. Especially seeing people get 7 kefka, like wtf lol

Dragner

When do you guys think we'll get Lightning? She's currently the best unit in Japan, right?

You shouldnt wait for her, yes she is the best in the game by far right now.

Also she is the hardest to obtain since only comes when you pull a 5*, then that 5* has to be her...so the chances are minimal I rerolled on gacha simulator more than a thousand dollars to get her.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I was excited about this until I started playing. Yet another online-required, rolls, dungeon-stamina-based....I have no idea what this category is called...

Is it too much to ask to get a brand new classic-style FF game made from the ground up for mobile that I can play regardless of how good my connection is and without all these odd systems that define so many mobile games? Honestly, whats the point of a mobile game if it isn't flexible and I'm not free to grind on it to pass time in situations where I might not have wifi or a signal?

Berksy

I am playing FF4 atm so decided to pull when saw higher odds for Golbez.

Managed to get both Golbez and Kafka under 7 pulls *-*

Nohar

You shouldnt wait for her, yes she is the best in the game by far right now.

Also she is the hardest to obtain since only comes when you pull a 5*, then that 5* has to be her...so the chances are minimal I rerolled on gacha simulator more than a thousand dollars to get her.

... Yikes. Man, this gacha is brutal.

Anyhow, I'll probably spend a free ticket for each new rate-up banner, and keep the lapis and other tickets for when there are characters I'd really like to have available.
Got another Penelo... Meh.

I have Cecil, Bartz, and Firion. What should be my awakening to 5* order? I've beaten the story content and need Coliseum and 2* Espers.

Even though Cecil is higher in the JP rankings, I assume that's because of his 6* not 5*? Bartz>Cecil>Firion?

I rolled 14 times and got Kefka x 4 and Golbez. Want Chizuru ):

Li Kao

2x Kefta / 1x Shadow... only 3 gacha pulls left if I don't count the Lapis one. Shit :-/
Not that Kefta is anything to sneeze at it seems but fuck, it's Kefta.

elty

According to reddit Golbez and Kefka both have a 12% rate while Chizuru is 2%. Perhaps this is a mistake as most gacha game will only give you a 2% rate on a featured character, max.

Visceir

Will be amusing to watch the reactions to people here when it is confirmed that JP gets Kefka 6* and he'll be the top tier best mage again, lol.

Kefka will most likely be your best mage character for the next 2 - 3 months. I'd even be down for running a whole team of Kefkas if only there was more good mage gear in game.

Need help deciding which to swap for the new characters

Current team: Cecil, Rain Rydia Vaan Exdeath all 4*

What I pulled for importance: 3* Golbez and 4* Chiziru 3* CoD

Nohar

I'll probably stick with Lasswell, Fina/Krile, Shantotto, Edgar and Vivi until I hit a wall (and I'll swap in Rydia once she gains her 5* form). Anyhow, by the time the third island is available, everyone should have hit max level.

I wonder how events work with this game: are we going to have semi-weekly events that disappear after a while, like in FFRK?

Faenix1

My inner "want to start off good" wants me to re-roll till I get something decent within 5-6 rolls. But my god this is tedious.

Is it even worth it? Sadly lost my Bartz run since I didnt pay attention when I tried to log into facebook.

Kouriozan

Will be amusing to watch the reactions to people here when it is confirmed that JP gets Kefka 6* and he'll be the top tier best mage again, lol.

Kefka will most likely be your best mage character for the next 2 - 3 months. I'd even be down for running a whole team of Kefkas if only there was more good mage gear in game.

Would be a good news for me, at least :D

_woLf

Woo! Got a Golbez to go with my Chizuru. No kefka but whatever.

I got a 5 star Duane, too, is that guy any good?

Valus

My inner "want to start off good" wants me to re-roll till I get something decent within 5-6 rolls. But my god this is tedious.

Is it even worth it? Sadly lost my Bartz run since I didnt pay attention when I tried to log into facebook.

You won't get a chance to reroll at this caliber again. So is it worth it? Absolutely. Is it necessary? Not at all.

My advice: don't be greedy. If you get one of the god tier units, stick with it. If you get 3-4 units within the top 15, stick with it. It's not like you'll never pull again and be stuck with them forever.

Rixa

Ok girls, listen...
This rat is very deadly.
Try not to break fingernails.
Screenshot_20160708-161300.png

I dont have Kefka, I think I have 2 chances to pull it, tomorrow will have 500 Lapis and then prolly the ticket.

Bladelaw

I'm sitting on 5000 lapis and 3 summon tickets. Is it time to break the seal?

I have
4* Cecil
3* Kain
3* Rydia
5* Kuja
3* Bartz
as my main notable units.

Golbez or Garland? Lol I have mostly mages with one other physical damage dealer. Do I really want to run a 3 black Mage, one white Mage, one physical team? Lol

Kettch

Did 10 pulls, got Kefka, Golbez and Cecil. No Chizuru, but I'll take it. Also got my 4th and 5th Shadows. :/ Why couldn't those be Kains instead...

Vamphuntr

I have over 7k Lapis. The best option is to buy the chest for 5k that gives 11 tickets right. I think I'll wait for characters I want more. I really want Krile but want to save up for the FFT and Seiken 2 characters.

Slaythe

I'm sitting on 5000 lapis and 3 summon tickets. Is it time to break the seal?

I have
4* Cecil
3* Kain
3* Rydia
5* Kuja
3* Bartz
as my main notable units.

Man please enjoy the game.

I understand either wanting a character you love or needing a "decent" team, but what you have is completely enough.

Cecil and Bartz are great, Kain is really good, Rydia is meh but gets better later on.

Kuja is overall good, he is outpaced in terms of raw magic power, but he has great attack, he will very likely get a 6stars update.

Zidane and Kuja are underwhelming in ways that don't make a lot of sense compared to all other units. So I assume 6 stars will improve them greatly. (they're missing trademark abilities from ff9...)

Pejo

I understand either wanting a character you love or needing a "decent" team, but what you have is completely enough.

Cecil and Bartz are great, Kain is really good, Rydia is meh but gets better later on.

Kuja is overall good, he is outpaced in terms of raw magic power, but he has great attack, he will very likely get a 6stars update.

Zidane and Kuja are underwhelming in ways that don't make a lot of sense compared to all other units. So I assume 6 stars will improve them greatly. (they're missing trademark abilities from ff9...)

Bolded is so true. Zidane at a BARE minimum should get native Dual Wield. It's bullshit frankly that Lightning gets it, when she never dual wields at all in FFXIII. I really hope they get the buffs they deserve in the future.

Zunja

My gf just pulled me a 5* Chizuru so that's hype. From what I've read she's the best of the three and pretty good for the rest of the game.

I have my name is the docs sheet but thought I may as well put it in here for the newer players. I have a pretty swole Garland who can probably carry you through most content.
My ID is 933130459

Falk

that puzzling face
Rerolled once for fun, not worth it for me, I'm happy with my heavy armor mages and my 6 Hero's Ring. I'll probably hoard Lapis until an eventually Lightning rate up.
Plus I kept saying I wanted Golbez anyway, so yeah, happy with my team.

I also got 2 Shantotto, I need a script or something to grind TMs >.<

What are you talking about

What heavy armor mages

Your only party is 5 Kefka

I was excited about this until I started playing. Yet another online-required, rolls, dungeon-stamina-based....I have no idea what this category is called...

Gacha games. Yeah, they're all pretty much cut from the same cloth.

On having a second look at it, I see now how the thread title can be very misleading for anyone expecting an actual FF game. Particularly "JRPG" has no business being there at all.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

On having a second look at it, I see now how the thread title can be very misleading for anyone expecting an actual FF game. Particularly "JRPG" has no business being there at all.

You may not like them, but gacha games like Brave Exvius are JRPGs by every definition of the term.

Had 8 rolls available when the new event started, results are below:

2, 3 star kefkas
2, 3 star golbez
3, 3 star shantoto (like, really?)
1, 3 star vivi.

Not sad in the least, but it could have been just a little better.

Did two ticket pulls because it looked like everybody is pulling the rate up characters like mad. Glad I did because I got

3 star kefka and 4 star Gilbert.

Speaking of Gilbert has anybody used him? Never heard of him till now but looking online he seems like a unique support unit.

Bladelaw

This was my thinking too regarding Kuja. Cecil, Kain and Rydia aren't going anywhere. Ideally I'd like to finish off my FFIV party with Golbez and Rosa. Given Golbez is in and apparently not too bad to get Golbez and Rosa should be coming soonish right?

Azuran

Banned
I got Golbez with only 3 tries. I'll take it.

Edit: I got Kefta with 2 more rolls. I'm not going to complain but I'm certainly not going for Chizuru or that's going to make me breakout my bank account because I only have 500 lapis right now.

lol this game is a JRPG as it gets. Gatcha doesn't invalidate a genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom