• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

Right one has Cecil, Zidane, Kefka. I don't have any of them.

Left one has Chizuru which I have. if you don't have physical attacker, then keep her. She's amazing.

Down to 45 Lapis...but my last pull was Kefka, so happy.

I have around 4700 lapis, tempted to pull just one. But I know I wouldn't stop until I get kefka

BluWacky

I can't be having with all this rerolling guff. I've got some decent units, and some not so decent units, and I am just going to level them up, sell them if necessary, and just get on with playing the damn game so I can actually equip them with some worthwhile weapons etc.

Should I be surprised that the story is very, well, Final Fantasy? It's the usual THE CRYSTALS and MY ABSENT FATHER FIGURE!!!!! stuff, but it is quite entertaining.

The game has two main advantages over most of the gatcha stuff I've tried - towns and exploration. It makes things feel a bit more like there's an actual world you're playing through, even if the vast majority of the game is still CLICK ON LEVEL AND PRESS AUTO TO AWESOME (with a little bit more strategy creeping in now I'm a little way through the game).

Vex_

Banned
Which set would you keep?

You need to charge your phone.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
BEG, I guess? The original.

For Abhorent one I believe I beat it by having a good Cura person.

Pretty sure paralyze and poison worked so that was helpful.

He buffs himself at set hp levels so have something like fingersnap or another buff removing spell ready.

Li Kao

A little question : each character has a unique power represented by a fillable bar in the battle result screen and... I never see it augment.
Am I doing something wrong and the power only gains exp when activating LB for example, or is it just extraordinary slow ?
Or maybe it only represents the next power to be acquired by leveling up enough...

Is it even worth rerolling for me? I've been playing since the soft launch.

5* units are

Vaan
Kefka
Golbez
Xiao
Rain
Fina
Lasswell
Kain (Will become 5*)

Rest are guys like Vivi, Shantotto, Edgar, Luna, etc... 4* Max characters.

Still have 1 ticket and 5,000 lapis for pulls.

I really want characters that are future proof like ExDeath and Chizuru but I would lose all my coliseum progress (at INT S Lvl 5 boss) and Hero Rings... So a lot of work to do again.

It's just I hate seeing people with 294 ATK Chizuru and the thought that my Kefka will quickly be outpaced as well as Vaan since he is yet to receive a 6* and Rain will soon take his place.

Ugh...

Maybe just make an alternate account?

Valentus

Is it even worth rerolling for me? I've been playing since the soft launch.

5* units are

Vaan
Kefka
Golbez
Xiao
Rain
Fina
Lasswell
Kain (Will become 5*)

Rest are guys like Vivi, Shantotto, Edgar, Luna, etc... 4* Max characters.

Still have 1 ticket and 5,000 lapis for pulls.

I really want characters that are future proof like ExDeath and Chizuru but I would lose all my coliseum progress (at INT S Lvl 5 boss) and Hero Rings... So a lot of work to do again.

It's just I hate seeing people with 294 ATK Chizuru and the thought that my Kefka will quickly be outpaced as well as Vaan since he is yet to receive a 6* and Rain will soon take his place.

Ugh...

Maybe just make an alternate account?

You want characters that make the difference in the long term? The reroll and get a Firion. Look how much damage Firion does to Bahamut.

A little question : each character has a unique power represented by a fillable bar in the battle result screen and... I never see it augment.
Am I doing something wrong and the power only gains exp when activating LB for example, or is it just extraordinary slow ?
Or maybe it only represents the next power to be acquired by leveling up enough...

that's caled Trust Mastery (TM), that are equip or materia you gain when that character's TM gets 100%

after each battle, every party member has 10% chance to fill up 0,1% of TM.

if you have 2 same units (lets say, 2 Golbez) and one has 10% TM and the other 3% TM, you can feed one golbez to the other, and the sacrified golbez TM goes to the other Golbez, plus 5% (in this case 3% + 5%)

That only happens with the same units, you cant transfer the TM of different units.

Edit: oh, you mean the limit break. The limit break increases as long as you use it in the battle. But it looks like it gets irrelevant in the late game, so i wouldnt worry so much about it.

Kouriozan

That's the Limit exp bar, increase by one each time you use it (outside of the colosseum).
Not really worth it to level manually, in the future there will be something to fuse to increase it, like the trust moogles for TM.

Interesting. Is it a "one pull only then the summoning cost goes back to 500" or were they able to summon multiples characters in a row with 250 lapis per character? Because that makes the rare ticket treasure less appealing.
Everyday players can do one discounted pull for 250.

Li Kao

that's caled Trust Mastery (TM), that are equip or materia you gain when that character's TM gets 100%

after each battle, every party member has 10% chance to fill up 0,1% of TM.

if you have 2 same units (lets say, 2 Golbez) and one has 10% TM and the other 3% TM, you can feed one golbez to the other, and the sacrified golbez TM goes to the other Golbez, plus 5% (in this case 3% + 5%)

That only happens with the same units, you cant transfer the TM of different units.

Edit: oh, you mean the limit break. The limit break increases as long as you use it in the battle. But it looks like it gets irrelevant in the late game, so i wouldnt worry so much about it.

Yep, I was talking about the LB, sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's the Limit exp bar, increase by one each time you use it (outside of the colosseum).
Not really worth it to level manually, in the future there will be something to fuse to increase it, like the trust moogles for TM.

So I understood correctly that my auto battling was putting a halt in the progression of this bar...
...there will be trust mat ? Thanks Heaven.

Nohar

Everyday players can do one discounted pull for 250.

Wow, nice. I'm keeping my lapis then, even though we probably won't get that right away (if at all).

For those interested, I expanded my friend list. I have 10 more free slots, so if you are interested in an level 58 Edgar with 190 ATK and who should unlock Chainsaw very soon, don't hesitate to add me! ID : 125.175.428

elty

Is there anywhere outside of chamber that drops sacred crystal? I need 2 more and don't want to unlock a whole day of it.

Vewen

Neo Member
Hey, I have 2 teams right now and getting tired of rerolling. I really wanted a cecil + COD/Exdeath, but can't seem to get that combination...
With which one should I stick?

team 1: exdeath, Chizuru, Kefka, kain and Kuja.

Team 2: Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru, Garland, Kefka, Kain, Krille and medius

elty

You should do it and farm as much as you can for your next characters. You'd need 5-10 each characters.

Well the other are nowhere near the max level yet... but I guess you have a point. I just want to awake Fina ASAAP so I can use her.

Falk

that puzzling face
Some bosses (Chimera, Chocobo Eater) drop them at a low rate but I wouldn't count on those outside being an occasional bonus.

You'll probably want to unlock it one day and farm like as much of it as possible because you're going to need them even more going from 4 to 5*.

mikemandey

Hey, I have 2 teams right now and getting tired of rerolling. I really wanted a cecil + COD/Exdeath, but can't seem to get that combination...
With which one should I stick?

team 1: exdeath, Chizuru, Kefka, kain and Kuja.

Team 2: Cloud of Darkness, Chizuru, Garland, Kefka, Kain, Krille and medius

I'd pick the second team. Barrage galore... lol

But first team is also good.. Exdeath and Kefka are the two best mages right now.

Xion86

Is it just me that gone through the story, vortex and colosseum battles using "Auto" so far? :p (I think there was only one time I needed to use a spell on an enemy). Still using Lasswell, Rain, Kain, Rydia and Maria. Loving the game a lot! Pretty damn addictive.
White Dragon is going to be tough though..

windfish

do we know the exact date when the current rate up ends? want to farm for 5000 lapis (11 tickets) before pulling but don't wanne miss the higher chance on chizuro

Rixa

I was after Kefka. Yesterday used Lapis to get 13 pulls. Only got Goblez, had 375 Lapis left. As I have said earlier, I dont wait for Lightning. I pull if there is rate up, if no I wate for rateup.

Since I know that Gumi is giving Kefkas from right and left I was hoping to be lucky in Lapis or the weekly tix soon. Cause prolly the rate up is closing soon after next weekly tix.

No Kefka...
The fuck yeeeeeeah.

scarlet

Is it just me that gone through the story, vortex and colosseum battles using "Auto" so far? :p (I think there was only one time I needed to use a spell on an enemy). Still using Lasswell, Rain, Kain, Rydia and Maria. Loving the game a lot! Pretty damn addictive.

You can win against white dragon with cura, poison and paralyze.

Look the stats of my team. Very underleveled.

Lyrian

Definitely a fun game.

How far have you reached in the game?

For Story mode, sufficient rarity and levels will auto everything. In the back quarter of the second continent, auto isn't really going to work anymore unless you are using supremely overpowered (5*s units and or friend helpers).

Same logic applies to the Colosseum. Overpowered units will steamroll over everything until the difficulty curve catches up with them. If you are not using 5*s, then the Colosseum starts to become interesting around BGN-S rank.

Valentus

like all gacha games, just wait until trials and special events start to pop up, there you will be sure as hell that auto wont be enough to clear them.

Lyrian

I was after Kefka. Yesterday used Lapis to get 13 pulls. Only got Goblez, had 375 Lapis left. As I have said earlier, I dont wait for Lightning. I pull if there is rate up, if no I wate for rateup.

Since I know that Gumi is giving Kefkas from right and left I was hoping to be lucky in Lapis or the weekly tix soon. Cause prolly the rate up is closing soon after next weekly tix.

No Kefka...

The fuck yeeeeeeah.

Grats on the sweet Exdeath.

I pulled general garbage, so enjoy my envy about your OP pull.

Xion86

Definitely a fun game.

How far have you reached in the game?

For Story mode, sufficient rarity and levels will auto everything. In the back quarter of the second continent, auto isn't really going to work anymore unless you are using supremely overpowered (5*s units and or friend helpers).

Same logic applies to the Colosseum. Overpowered units will steamroll over everything until the difficulty curve catches up with them. If you are not using 5*s, then the Colosseum starts to become interesting around BGN-S rank.

I'm currently at Wolfsfang Peak. Everyone is 4* right now.

Oh and that's good to know scarlet.

Dragner

Im on my mid 50s with my 4* team. I will sweat to get to lvl 80 5* with Chizuru and CoD to get Barrage. The leveling process is starting to be a pain.

Lyrian

I'm currently at Wolfsfang Peak. Everyone is 4* right now.

Your almost through all the story content then. I cleared it all with level 40-45ish 4*s and no rare summon units.

If you can clear the boss of Wolfsgang Peak comfortably, then you are golden the rest of the way to the end of the story content (imo, its the hardest boss on the second isle and is actually moderately challenging using only 4*s).

Takuan

I'll probably continue on playing with my OG account, but just for shits and giggles I've been re-rolling.

This might be my best result in terms of relevant units. Shame they're mostly 3*, but it's a pretty good makeup.
I might just play this account.

Been trying to grind out Heavens Ash and Sacred Crystals throughout yesterday and today and have maybe had a few drop overall. These drop rates need to be fixed. I'm drowning in coins from all the excess materials I've been able to sell off.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

No Kefka...

The fuck yeeeeeeah.

Damn...really nice congrats !!!
I started a new account to save up some Stones for upcoming unit - the CecilFest on my main was bothering me.

386 674 342 my ID if you still have some space.
So i finally got meteor...

My kefka is almost complete at this point of the game

Congrats man,
but LOL at "finally" when the unit were released yesterday hahaha.

Valentus

How do you get TM so fast? I've been playing for a week and the most I got is like 15% from the trash friend summons fusion.

i posted yesterday that i did 40 summons with all the tickets and lapi that i was saving for now, and i got 12 golbez... well, it was 18 lol, i counted wrong. That helped a lot.

My plan:

I was going to get Meteor. But as I now got Exdeath, going to switch Goblez to Cecil :p

So I can kick your old acco and send you new fr?

Yeah, i tested meteor in INT S-5 now... 40.000 damage... yep, thats powerfull.

Go for that MAG+30%, it makes ExDeath more monster that what he is in 6star

Rixa

So i finally got meteor...
My kefka is almost complete at this point of the game

My plan:
I was going to get Meteor. But as I now got Exdeath, going to switch Goblez to Cecil :p
Damn...really nice congrats !!!
I started a new account to save up some Stones for upcoming unit - the CecilFest on my main was bothering me.

386 674 342 my ID if you still have some space.

Congrats man,
but LOL at "finally" when the unit were released yesterday hahaha.

So I can kick your old acco and send you new fr?
i posted yesterday that i did 40 summons with all the tickets and lapi that i was saving for now, and i got 12 golbez... well, it was 18 lol, i counted wrong. That helped a lot.

^^ Going for 4x30% :p

I've been rerolling since yesterday and finally got:

Shantotto, fran, clyne, cecil, miyuki, medius, firion, galuf, cloud of darkness, kefka, penelo, and kain.

all 3*s, keep rerolling?

CCIE

Banned
I possibly could have done better on my reroll, but I honestly think that Kefka, Chizuru, Terra, and Celes are just fine for now. We'll see what future rate-ups bring to the team. Hell, leveling what I have is a massive pain in the ass. I'm going to be living in Fulan pass for the damn Litrock.

Ideallly I wanted Cecil (I'm sure he will probably be available at a future rate-up), but ended up settling for Celes instead. With my team of chicks it isn't the worst thing I could have done. Her TMR will come in handy down the line.

Lol at the triple S tier pulls everyone keeps complaining about. Y'all need to sit down and appreciate what RNGesus is granting you bc at least you ain't getting teams like Falk's

I've been rerolling since yesterday and finally got:

Shantotto, fran, clyne, cecil, miyuki, medius, firion, galuf, cloud of darkness, kefka, penelo, and kain.

all 3*s, keep rerolling?

You got both CoD, Cecil and Firion. They will get 6* upgrades in the future. I would say you are good.

Ourobolus

Banned

Jesus christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom